The Apocalyptic Rockfight

Open; set summer, 2018

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

“Yeah, yeah! Just a sec!” Alan hadn’t expected the offer of a ride, but he wasn’t gonna turn it down. Still, he’d left some of his stuff back in his cover, so he quickly rushed back, keeping his head low, before going to grab his bag.

There however, he paused, noticing a notebook sitting on the ground. Picking it up, he thumbed through a couple pages. Seemed to be filled with some drawings, not too bad in Alan’s estimation. Perhaps it belonged to a certain guy he’d taken cover with earlier…

Well, that was something to hold on to for later, Alan decided with a grin, stuffing the notebook haphazardly into his own bag before rushing back to Crispin.

“Alright! Let’s fucking roll!” He shouted, hopping on as Crispin indicated, before pausing a moment.

"Wait, wait... I'll drive, you shoot." He suggested, considering that they could probably take a few more shots on the way out.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Chaos had enveloped Gary.

He saw a squirrel boy with a mask on a bike shooting at him. He saw a mask squirrel-boying him with one shot. Squirrel boy saw his mask shooting Gary with a bike. And the bike saw Gary masking Squirrel boy. Or garying the shot with a mask. Or-

And then, all of a sudden, a clear voice cut through the mist that was around Gary, allowing his mind to refocus.

He opened his eyes.

Above him stood the figure of a girl. Since Gary was lying on the ground looking upwards, the sun blended him so that he could only see her outline. Still dazy, he didn't question it. He didn't question much except what had happened. Why was he lying here? Wherte was here in the first place? Whenever he tried to think about it, Gary drew a blank.

Finally, he managed to form words.

"A-a-are you a angel?"
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Lily's chest heaved as both her and Joel reached the rim of the quarry, near Kincaid and Astrid's flock of goths. The two of them had spent quite a while making their way up and out through all of the chaos. Joel had gotten pelted by a fair few rocks on the way up, but she had remained shockingly unscathed besides her current injuries. Joel was a real sweetheart for that, she'd make sure to get him back one day.

"Oh, hey Astrid," she wheezed, "and hey Kitcat."

Her head was starting to clear up, the fog that had enveloped her mind beginning to fade. It was then that the cacophony of noise playing out in the quarry below started to become intelligible to her, and she realized that there were shouts about the cops being called. She glanced between Kincaid and Astrid, remembered seeing the phone be passed between them as they approached, and her blood ran cold.

Her heart rate picked up, escalating to full blown panic. Getting hit by rocks and paint balls was one thing, but getting arrested? How could she explain that to her mom? She needed to get the hell out of dodge, like, right now. Her bike was resting next to the fence, where she had left it, so getting herself out wasn't too much of a problem. Fuck the pigs, though, everyone deserved to know what was about to go down. So she alerted everyone the only way she knew how.

"WOOP WOOP, DAT'S DA SOUND OF DA POLICE," rang out across the entire quarry, followed by the voice of John Mulaney shouting "SCATTER!"

In the panic that erupted afterwards, Lily pulled Joel into a hug and leaned down to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks for the help," she cooed into his ear, "but I'm getting the fuck out of here. Good luck."

Without another word, Lily let go of Joel and sprinted for her bike. She threw herself onto it and slung her backpack over her shoulder in one fluid motion. She gave one last look back at Kincaid, Joel, and Astrid, nodded, and started pedaling. A cloud of smoke erupted in her wake, with the sound of a motorcycle engine fading into the distance announcing her departure.

((And that was the limit to Lily's recollection of the rock fight.))
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Aw hell yeah, we doin this shit sicario style?!"

It was time to dip, but they might have time to do another drive-by. A real one this time, it'd be a lot easier to aim as a passenger at least. Crispin kicked out the kickstand and hopped forward, sitting in the basket of his bike, resting his legs on the hub pegs of the front tire.

"Hop on man, let's light 'em up!"
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

“Fuck yeah, man!” Alan hopped into the bike seat and steadied himself before knocking back the kickstand and pedaling forward, doing one last loop of the quarry to give Crispin a chance to take out any stragglers before they would make their great escape.

“Scatter motherfuckers!” He yelled, cackling with delight.
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

Walk, help Lily, get out. Walk, help Lily, get out. Walk, help Lily, get out.

He didn't know when Crispin left his mind, but at some point he did. He could wait for another time. Probably school. Everyone can laugh at him then.

Oh, Astrid was here. Great. That was definitely a conversation he wanted to have. Explaining why the one time he decided to go out somewhere with classmates was the time a full on rock war broke out with some idiot bringing a paintball gun. Future fun times right there.

Finally out of harm's way, and Joel let go of his focus on Lily. His head didn't hurt anymore, but in exchange the rest of his body was in pain. A cut or two on an arm and definitely a good number of bruises. So maybe he was going to need to give a bit of an explanation anyway. At least he could have a few people on his side, and vice versa, if he needed it. Especially if the police were-

Joel's mind lost focus as he was pulled into an embrace, and he could feel his face flush as a pair of lips made contact with his cheek. The words Lily spoke were buzzing in his ears, but he nodded along, hoping he hadn't agreed to something stupid. His mind was mostly mush as he watched the girl go, a small smile on his lips as he let out a puff of air from his nose and a thought came to mind.

Well. At least it wasn't ALL terrible.

The memory of the rest of the world brought his attention back to the others before him. Astrid, who was definitely going to question what happened later, Kincaid and a couple of Astrid's other friends. His attention was only on the first one as he spoke.

"If you keep it secret I was here, I'll owe you big time."
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Shiola
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Shiola »

August couldn’t really swim.

He knew how, but - he couldn’t.

People didn’t really get how his Gift worked. He was too blitzed on meds most of the time to ever have much to demonstrate. The battery he carried with him kept everything quiet, kept him from being much of a disruption. Every hour or two, he’d touch a metal clip in his pocket, connected to something most people thought looked like a phone case. It shouldn’t have seemed like a problem.

A little while ago he'd tripped and fallen in the hallways between classes. A few little sparks flew, but nobody got hurt. They laughed, mostly. Then they talked.

Swimming didn’t feel terrible - in freshwater, at least. Quite the opposite, he found water to be immensely relaxing. It was easy to keep his charge low, and the feeling of cool water on his skin helped with the aches and pains. There weren’t any phones nearby, most of the time. The second he jumped into a body of water, though, most people jumped out.

So August had sat on a boulder by the edge of the water, pant legs rolled up with his feet in. It didn’t make much of a difference, but whenever anyone asked, he told them it did. If anyone was afraid, they hadn’t shown it. More than likely, they didn’t notice him, or pretended not to.

He was invited. At least, he was part of the group chat that an invite was sent to. Mercedes had been there, but it looked like she was hanging around some other people. They were having fun, and August was just fine where he sat, he figured. It would’ve been nice if they’d come by, but he didn’t want to scare anyone by sauntering over.

The idea that he would be the one to cause a problem seemed a little bit funny, in retrospect. Kincaid started throwing rocks. Then everyone else did. Then Lily started throwing out some really wacky illusions, the kind of things he’d probably have found distressing if he’d been sitting closer to all of them. Either they thought something terrible would happen if someone hit him with a rock, or they didn’t pay him any mind, but few of the stones flew in his direction.

“Oh.”

Then, August spotted Crispin on a bike, with a paintball gun. Everything escalated, and he heard someone mention cops.

“Oh, no.”

He’d wait until the chaos died down a little, and then make his way out.

Maybe if the cops don’t actually show up, I’ll jump in for a bit.
SOTF: U
Evan Keane: "I guess my world was always gonna end, somehow."

SOTF Supers:
August Hanlon - "This never felt like much of a Gift."
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Mercedes’ plan, to put no finer point on it, had backfired just a little bit.

Her slung rock had sailed right past Crispin and found a completely different target instead, Alan’s yelp of pain as it smacked into his leg making her wince even while she pressed onwards to the quarry’s exit. Bad enough, even though Alan was also kind of a tool, so she was thankful at least that she hadn’t hit Nora or someone like that.

But that, of course, had alerted the Bucktooth Bastard himself, who had, in all of his incredible mental prowess, taken the warning shot as a challenge instead. Mercy’s eyes widened as the bike wheeled round, the boy pedalling towards them with frightening speed, and there was no goddamn way she was gonna be able to put her own foot to the floor; sweat was streaming down her forehead, and her bikini was feeling more like several winter coats at this point.

With a yelp as Crispin’s bike kicked up dust, Mercy swung her parasol down, trying desperately to block herself and the boys from the barrage of paint, her endeavour bearing fruit as a good deal of the bullets splattered against her umbrella.

Not all of them though. She yelped again and hissed through her teeth as three shots cracked against her, two to the leg and one to the shoulder, all of them hitting bare skin and leaving bursts of gaudy pink and yellow paint splattered across her body. She winced as she hoisted the parasol back up again. Her arm and leg were throbbing with pain, no doubt she’d end up with some particularly nasty bruises there by tomorrow, but more concerningly, her head was really beginning to pound, a surefire sign that she was beginning to reach danger zone levels of overheating, or that she was getting to an uncomfortably familiar bloodrush.

Or both. In this situation, both was pretty likely.

It was Austin, of all people, who snapped her back into focus; if time hadn’t been of the essence before, it most certainly was now that cops were on the way. Maybe she hadn’t thrown the first stone, but a bloody temple and a paint covered body were pretty effective smoking guns anyway.

“Right, yeah… hah… let’s keep… moving…” Mercedes panted out, shaking her head to clear out to try and clear out some of the fuzz that had encroached upon her brain. “You guys… you guys keep going if I fall behind, okay? I’ll be, hah, fine. Promise.”

She stopped for a moment, trying to catch her breath, and as she hunched over, hands pressed against her knees, the obnoxious sounds of paintball fire and cackling cut through the noise of yelling and splashing. Her head pounded harder. She grimaced. Red spots flashed before her eyes.

These morons clearly weren’t gonna be deterred. No more warning shots.

“Cut it out you douchebags!” Mercy yelled, as loud as her straining lungs would let her. “You’re gonna... gonna get in so much shit!”

As she reared back again, and hurled another tenderly-warmed rock towards the dickheads on the bike, she saw someone still sitting by the edge of the pool, feet dangling in the water. The brief pulse of joy that entered her heart whenever she caught sight of August was quickly snuffed out by the sensation of ‘Oh God, he’s still right in the midst of the crossfire zone’. It didn’t actually look like he’d been hit by anything though, thank goodness. Maybe it was the safest place to be, now that everyone else was scrambling for the exit. She’d try and message him when she was back home and safe; hopefully his Gift would let him play nice and respond sooner rather than later.

Actually, hang on, she’d just realised something. Where in God’s name was Lincoln?
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lincoln was, in fact, nowhere near the rock fight.

Sensing impending trouble, because putting a bunch of teenagers in the middle of an old quarry wasn’t a recipe for someone to drown to death or just get painfully embarrassed at all, Lincoln had steered clear of the invitation that afternoon. Why go outside in the sunshine with a bunch of your classmates and play in the water, when you could spend it lazing on the sofa texting and browsing shit?

While he laid back on the couch, staring at the latest clickbait on his phone, his sphere was nestled in a bundle of pillows and blankets on the windowsill. It didn’t actually need such a padded perch, lacking any sense of touch, but it kept it stable without any concentrating and blocked out a portion of its view, making it easier to focus. In this comfortable setup, Lincoln could be enjoying the wonders of the internet while simultaneously people watching the crowds passing by their home. The television was also on, naturally, but Lincoln hadn’t looked at it in a long while.

His relaxing rock-free existence was interrupted by his dad calling from the doorway. “Since you’re on your phone instead of outside on this beautiful day,” he drew out in a wonderfully dad-like manner, “text your sister for me.” he commanded, explanation following on. Lincoln considered protesting, because his dad did own a phone himself, but that would take more effort than he was in the mood for. And arguing with dads rarely worked out well anyway: it was a proven fact.

“Yo dad says come clean your shit out of the garage. His D&D friends are coming later.” he typed into the phone, rolling his eyes defiantly at the excessive chore. “No i don’t know why he can’t text you himself.”
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

Caine that bastard was still invisible and was throwing rocks at him. Moose saw him! Or didn't saw it! Either way, he had to defend himself.

Moose patiently picked up small sized rocks with his gloves and threw them around. He was still confused about all the action going on and all the different parties involved and the amount of rocks coming out of nowhere like an illusion, but if he only would knock out Caine to make him visible again, Moose would feel safer.

Now all of this had been exhausting, but also really fun so far. But when Moose saw Crispy coming with his bike, he grinned. Nice. This was going to be even more fun than that time where they got banned from Applebee's.

Unfortunately someone snitched apparently and the cops could come. David probably snitched. He has to be tracked down and his phone has to be destroyed. Moose looked around, still with a rock in his hand.
I'm so glad to be back !
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine felt a rain of rainbow-colored paintballs smacking into his side that was exposed and Mercedes' parasol had been too late to protect him from the blows that have been hitting him at full force. His right leg buckled from under him and he almost slipped onto the rocky surface of the quarry. Thankfully, his arm was still hooked around Austin's arm and it helped him straighten himself back up more carefully to his feet.

"Owww...." He winced slightly, now his leg was faring up with a stinging pain. "God, what a complete jerk." He mumbled, shaking his head.

They needed to get to the top quickly. God, his moms would kill him if he got in trouble with the cops. He was sure that Sherrie would back him up when she got back home, but she also had a bit of a mean streak. He couldn't risk it.

"We're almost there, guys. Come on...." He said calmly, moving with a slight limp now.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

One last drive-by.

One last volley of frozen fluorescent paint projectiles.

One last “YEE -YEEEE! GOON SQUAD BAY~BEH!” And as quickly as Crispy appeared; the Destructively Dominating Duo of Alan and Crispy disappeared, riding off into the sunset.

((Crispy and Alan continued elsewhere.))

*bonk*

” Ack! Your girlfriend looks like my mom, dood!”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

A long beat as Kincaid narrowed his eyes at Joel, ear flicking in Astrid's direction as he blinked quickly, twice.

"I'm sure your favour is widely coveted," came the deadpan response to Joel, as Kincaid's gaze slowly rotated towards Astrid. She had a point about the five-oh, but he was in crisis mode, now, and didn't want to directly address the cops with other people here. Needed to try to avoid taking credit for it.

"Eh, it's your phone," he said in response to Astrid, walking backwards quickly, heading back down the trail, "so you should probably take responsibility for it. I know why you'd call the - uh, call them, but I don't- it looks like it's winding down, so."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid's mouth pressed down into a thin line, and she was silent for a moment. Then she sighed, and stood up from her crouch.

"I'll remember when it’s Christmas," she said to Joel.

She then turned her head to Kincaid and sighed again.

"It wasn't my voice on the call, which the cops will notice. That's not something I've got a cover for. So I really think it would be a lot more convenient for both of us if you didn't try to weasel out, because I'd prefer not having to rat on you." She stated to him, never blinking.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Yvette looked down on the boy, who was not dead and didn't seem to be unconscious, at least not anymore. His question confused her; she wasn't religious so maybe she was missing something, but she was pretty sure that wasn't how angels worked. You didn't just find them around; they were something special.

"No," she explained, "I'm Yvette."

She pressed her lips together and tried to decide what to do about this. When most people got hit in the head, she'd learned in school, it did bad things to them and made them confused, for reasons she didn't really like to think about. Maybe that was happening here. In the movies they did things to assess the situation before getting back to the action, and Yvette didn't fully understand how that worked but she knew the routine well enough.

She brought her right hand up and held it out between her and the boy, index and middle finger extended in a V shape with shiny purple polish showing at the tips, palm with other fingers curled into it facing her.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" she asked.

The sun beat down on her back, evaporating the droplets of water from her skin, and she really hated that feeling. At least the conflict seemed to be keeping a wide distance from her things back by the water.

Return to “Memories from the Past”