I CLENCHED MY FIST SO HARD I THINK IT STARTED BLEEDING

open like ur MOM

This ship is a replica of a traditional clipper ship, painstakingly built to recreate the proper design elements and functionality. Originally used for filming and for theme tours in Southeast Asia, it was badly damaged when an inexperienced captain scraped a pier during a storm, and was put into dry dock pending repairs. Ultimately, however, insurance proceedings saw it declared a total write-off and sold for scrap. It has gashes in the sides that have been crudely but competently repaired, and inside the ships has wide expanses of wooden floor spanning two decks. The rigging is the most impressive part, with a crow's nest that serves as the highest point of the arena, should one dare venture up the rope ladder. A rather anachronistic yet fully functional cannon has been mounted on the deck, fixed in the vague direction of a section of outer marina, though only three cannonballs are present, each massive sphere tucked away in the back of the very bottom deck of the ship.
Lilith

I CLENCHED MY FIST SO HARD I THINK IT STARTED BLEEDING

Post by Lilith »

She had to get this off.

She had to get this off.

There wasn't an if or a maybe, she had to get her explosive collar off her fucking neck before it strangled her. She felt it move against the apple of her throat, twist and budge against the skin. It pretended to be there, friendly, passive.

Pippi did try to pull, but it was too hard. Too sturdy. She pulled on it again, her back against the cannon. It laid there, unmoving. She was thankful for that. She assumed it was a replica at first, but when she started her tug-o-war against the metal brand around her neck, she quickly realized that it was indeed metal, and not some cheap plastic.

She pulled again.

Nothing. Not even a hint of weakness.

She stared down at her palm.

A match.

A idea.

And then,

a spark.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Mom? I'm sorry. I know I- I haven't been nice to you, but I'm sorry."

"Neveah? Neveah. Don't watch this, okay? Get Dad #1 to get a lawyer for me and get my money. Okay? Get your tuition paid in full or some dumb bullshit. Do something with it."

"Da-Maurice. Lawyer. Get one."

"Kaf, Chisulo. I'm sorry I wished I had known you sooner."

"Okay."

"Here I go."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

An inch.

Then another

then another

then
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

A scream ejects from Pineapple's collar:

"NO. NO. DON'T DO THAT. DOING THAT WILL KILL YOU. STOP."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Oh."

"Hey."

She threw back a sniff with her head. "This is awkward."

She paused again.

"If I... hypothetically went through," she whispered, "do you- do you like... get paid less? Like do you need them- us. Us to stay alive?"

"I'm just curious."
Wham Yubeesling

A voice comes out of Pineapple's collar:

"No."

You can hear a visible exhale.

"Whatever I am paid stays the same regardless of how you do. I'm not doing this because I want more money. I'm doing this because I want... I want to help you live through this. I want to help you live. I know that this is..."

Another audible breath.

"I know that this is... I'll say it. I know that this is bullshit, but if you want to go against this, there are smarter ways of doing it. Getting yourself killed right here won't achieve anything."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"I'm just."

She didn't have to speak that loud

"I'm just scared."

"I'm not that smart. Or pretty. Or strong."

She sniffled. Her shoulders relaxed. Her hand tightening around the bandana.

"Can you- can you visit my sister?" She asked. "She's a big fan." Pippi wiped her tear. "Lately it's been Jewel-this, Jewel-that, but she really likes you. You know, if I die. If I live, um, we could visit together?"
Wham Yubeesling

A voice comes out of Pineapple's collar:

"Of course. I'd be happy to. I'd be, um, even happier if we got to do it together. If I get to see you... in the flesh."

"There's someone behind me right now saying that I've gone way overboard with how much I've talked to you, but... we can... talk... again? Yeah? In twelve hours. It won't be... hard... to make 'til then, if you, um, just look up into the crow's nest. Good luck. I... I believe in you."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Yeah."

"Talk to you later."

"Hopefully."

Pippi turned around with a bright smile on her face. It was the main sight if you ignored the smeared mascara and the snot. A pretty big if in all cases because her smile was faltering. The baton in her hands felt heavy. It wasn't heavy a couple of seconds ago when she abruptly tried to end her life in a fit of panic, but now? It felt like the weight of the world in her hands.

"Hey."

She called out, sniffling. A crow's nest? What did that mean? Her eyes looked up. They focused on the figure above.

"Hum, haha, did you see that?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne Grasset woke up in a very high place, surrounded by sails. Crying. You all know the drill.

There was a camera. It was a security camera; cold and sterile. If she'd had her sketchbook with her, she wouldn't have bothered sketching it. It was just sad. This was sad. She was sad. She didn't want to die and she didn't want Noreen to have to watch her die and she didn't want any of her classmates to die, but it wasn't like that meant anything because they were probably all going to die anyways, since that was how this always went even though the people who made this show didn't do it for the blood. They did it for the ratings. They only murdered children on television because people watched it. And people acted like it was normal, but it wasn't normal. It didn't happen anywhere else in the world. It was a uniquely American death. It was -

Okay, just -

For now she would be alright if she could just keep breathing.

Okay.

Where was she?

She was sitting in a lookout basket, on an old-timey boat, in the middle of the ocean. Her back was against the big wooden pole thing holding the basket up. The boat was surrounded by other boats. She could see other people, far away on some floating crate things. It smelled like salt up here. She could taste the air. It wasn't as windy as she expected it would have been this high up. It was quiet, and she was all by herself. She liked that. The quiet was the only thing that ever made sense to her.

She was going to die. She wasn't really the winning type. It was sad. She would have appreciated getting a chance to actually live and be a person and actually fucking earn what she had, but there was nothing she could do about that now.

She'd tried to lift her backpack, but there had been something very heavy in it, and so she'd opened it up. It contained a very large wheel of cheese. They'd probably thought it would be funny to put her up here with something she couldn't lift. They wanted a reaction, but she didn't have one other than pushing the backpack onto its side and rolling the wheel out. Then, she took a bright pink bandana out of the pack, and tied it over the explosive collar around her neck.

She looked back out over the figures on the crates. There were at least two people, for sure. She couldn't make out any identifying features. She couldn't really see what they were doing, until one of them seemed to shove the other off of the crate they were standing on. They fell between two crates crashing together, and Luanne didn't see them resurface. She watched as the other person ran.

She was reminded of something.

She rose to her feet and stumbled to the edge of the crowsnest, still staring at the crates. Someone had just died, she was pretty sure. Like, really died, in real life, a human being who had thoughts and dreams. Someone had just watched their child die on national television. But it wasn't like it was anything Luanne wasn't already used to seeing and so she mostly just felt the same as she always felt.

She blinked something out of her eye. She was doing the thing again. Spiralling. She needed -

- she needed her sketchbook.

She didn't have her sketchbook, and she would never draw anything ever again. There was so much passion trapped inside her, but it was all locked up and she didn't know if she knew how to make a key.

Okay. So what?

There was a ruckus coming from below. Luanne placed both her hands on the crowsnest railing and leant over, looking down at the ship's deck. There was a girl, who she recognized but didn't know. She looked like she was trying to wrench her collar off. Then, there was a voice that didn't match up with when the girl's mouth moved. Then the girl spoke. Luanne couldn't make out any words. That continued for a while, and she just kind of watched. She didn't know what else she could really do.

But then the girl turned and looked up at her, and her breath caught in her chest. This time, she could make out what she was saying.

"Kind of," she answered before realizing she was probably speaking too quietly for the girl to hear her all the way down there.

She cleared her throat.

"Yeah!" she answered again, this time louder. She could feel her hair sticking to her face. "Sorry, hi! Are you - um, is everything okay down there? Are you okay?"
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

“Hum, hum,” Pippi looked around. She was as okay as one could get after a botched suicide attempt. “Yeah, I’m- I’m fine all things considered.”

She sniffled. It was exhausting to cry that much. She crouched, laying against the metal cannon. Her hands moved toward the duffel bag and the glittery costume. Pippi knew she had to put it on. She was bargaining with the team outside to let her go out.

Every token moved the world around. She already was indebted because of that stint. She had to pay it back, give them something to drench the heat. The glittery costume had a hat. A blessing really. She assumed the sun would, at one point, become her worst enemy.

Pippi shook her head. Sunburns were nothing compared to a stab wound, but gosh, she’d preferred not to be flayed alive before that.

“How’s, uh, how’s the view up there?” Pippi threw back up at the girl. Her glittery cowboy hat was now perched on her head. She needed to do much more than that to earn their trust again. “It’s Pippi, by the way, hum, yeah.”

She looked around. There was a ramp going into the ship. She could get changed there.

“What’s your name?”
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Okay.

The girl said she was fine, and Luanne didn't think that was really true, but she also wasn't really sure what the girl had been doing. Or, well, she had a pretty good guess of what, but she didn't know if it was suicide or panic.

The girl was now rummaging around in her backpack. Luanne half-expected the girl to just pull out a gun and start shooting. That would be a horrible way to die, being stuck up here with someone taking potshots at you. She'd rather just jump and die from slamming into the ship's deck. Still looking down, she squinted her eyes. She'd drawn a figure study of the crouched girl before, though she'd done it from far away. She'd stood out aesthetically, and Luanne preferred sketching people who were like that.

Instead of a gun, the girl pulled out a hat. It sparkled in the sun like it was Damien Hirst's sculpture For the Love of God, which was the cast of a human skull, made of platinum and encrusted in diamonds. For teeth, it had the actual teeth of the skull which had been used to model it. Luanne sometimes wondered about the person who the skull had once belonged to; about their name and who they were and why they died. She was pretty sure, whoever it was, they wouldn't have liked what Hirst had done to their face. Luanne would have liked the sculpture if not for that. But anyways, she liked the girl's hat.

Then, the girl, who said her name was Pippi, looked back up at Luanne, and asked some questions.

How was the view?

What was her name?

Luanne liked self-portraits. An artist could be anyone they wanted to be in a self-portrait. If, for example, she drew Pippi or Noreen or the president but titled that drawing 'self-portrait', then to anyone whose knowledge of Luanne consisted of just that drawing, she was Pippi or Noreen or the president or whoever else she could draw. She thought that was kind of neat.

"I'm Luanne!" she answered.

How was the view?

She looked away from Pippi and back out at the crates. There was someone new standing there, but what grabbed her attention was something floating in the water. She couldn't really see it that well, but she already knew what it was.

So how was the view?

The view was scary.

"I think -"

Her glance darted back to Pippi down below.

"I think I just saw someone die!" she answered.

"I have a pink bandana too! If you want, I can try to climb down, or you - I could stay up here for a while!"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Som-

Someone di-

Someone die?

Ah.

"Hum." She cupped her mouth. "Yeah! Stephanie's team? Yeah, we're- we're the same team!"

She looked down at the costume.

"I'm getting changed below deck. Wanna' come down and then we can just..."

"Chat?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Her grip around the railing tightened, and she glanced backwards. Then back down.

"...Okay!"

Whenever she looked at the rope ladder leading down from the crowsnest, it felt like someone had their thumbs hooked around behind her eyes.

"Okay."

She wasn't quite sure why Pippi was going to change her clothes, but... maybe something happened that she hadn't been able to see from here. She didn't know.

Okay.

"I think it might take me a little while to get down from here, so, um, you go do what you need to do and I'll try and meet you on the deck when you're done!"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge

Return to “Clipper Ship (Danger Zone)”