tomorrow will only get worse

Open! Evening of Day 3

These six buildings loom over the town square. Standardized Soviet bloc housing, each building is four stories high and identical, differing only in their respective states of decay. Each floor is accessible by a pair of concrete stairwells on either side of a central corridor with six apartments on either side of the halls. The final flight of stairs opens out onto the roof, where backup generators and support systems for the buildings’ heating systems sit rusting and neglected. Four of the buildings seem quite well preserved, but the two closest to the approach from the docks appear to have sustained more decay and damage, with clear signs of a firefight and blast damage to some of the outer walls.

None of the apartments are locked, and some are missing doors altogether. Each apartment is a tight squeeze, with two closet-like bedrooms, a tiny kitchen, and a living room. Each floor featured a communal bathroom, which was common in buildings of that era. Many of the furnishings have been left in place, including quilts, lamps, wardrobes, bed frames, and the occasional radio or television. The furniture is often tightly packed into what little space there is, leaving little space to move, and occasionally trinkets of the past lives that called these places home can be found and read - if one knows Russian.

Moderator: SOTF U Staff

DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

tomorrow will only get worse

Post by DerArknight »

Daniella, her girlfriend - Deceased

Chevy, the ex-boyfriend she shot in the leg - Deceased

Misha, the girl she briefly flirted with at Barret's Tavern - Deceased

Maud, her best friend - Deceased

Elizabeth Rodney - Still alive for whatever reason

((Elizabeth Rodney continued from Man Proposes, God Disposes))

Despite her better judgement of the town being bad news, she took shelter in one of the building for over a day and did nothing. Doing nothing turned out to be one of her better life-decisions. No one disturbed her misery. She even got bored enough to skim the book in her backpack. It proved mildly more interesting than her lectures at the U of C.

With the book finished, Elizabeth read through the updated informations about Janus-Hayes' freakshow. From what she understood, Daniella's resurrection was the work of another monster called Vermiculus. And judging from their short interaction, it remembered everything.

Would Liz joining the worm-collective be enough to mend their relationship?

As if.

She had spent the most effort into keeping the boat afloat just to be the one to sink it with a gunshot.

Then there was Maud. Maud, probably the last person in the world Elizabeth cared about at this point. Even the old room she resided right now reminded her of the times they went urban exploring. Maud, who had died somewhere on this island, apparently eaten by some cannibal-zombie-things. Liz wanted to feel angry. Sad. Frustrated. Anything at all.

But at this point, she was just tired.

Tired enough to not even barricade the door. Any hungry monster or murderous human was free to enter. Albeit there didn't seem to be many of the latter. So far, that Arthur-guy was the only one convicted of murder apart from herself. Their fellow students seemingly being able to not kill each other just highlightened how terrible her own actions were. Elizabeth half-heartedly wished that the next announcement would tell of more people having snapped.

But she knew that this wouldn't make her feel better in the end. The illusion of a way to cheer herself up was the best she could manage while waiting for something to happen.

In the meantime, there were cobwebs on the ceiling to count.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

((Kay Poultier continued from I see a ship in the harbour))

Back again. And inexplicably, once more, by choice.

Not even in a sorta ‘Gee golly whizz, it’s been an awful long while since that chimera rotter was padding about these streets, eh, what? How do you say we take a gander into these abodes, chum?” manner, either. Partially cause she wasn’t a member of the goddamn Famous Five, but mostly cause she had agreed - ah, hells, she had bloody suggested the idea, hadn’t she? - to spend what could be the rest of her days chasing after monsters with some guy named after two different types of grassland.

Christ alive, it still absolutely boggled the mind that this was something she was actively, willingly, participating in. Who the fuck was this, this… this doppelganger of Kay? It took a Herculean effort normally to convince her to leave her room and hang out with friends; doubly so for that decision to stick come the arranged time. And now she was actively choosing to leave the comfort and safety of her little hidey-hole, tear herself away from the sea, and step up face-to-face with the monster that had nearly torn her limb from limb?

She’d gone over the reasons why in her head, of course. Over and over and over and over and over again. She had convinced herself that she was right, if only because it was the best of a bad bunch of b’options. No safety while monsters still roamed free. No reason to be handed tankbusters if they weren’t expected to be using them on incoming Shermans. And she would try. No word of a lie there. She truly would do her utmost to keep to those principles, right up until she had no choice but to bail.

When that time came, her safety would always be paramount. She would feel sick to the stomach. She would do it every single time.

“Hey, um.”

Kay stuttered to a halt outside one of the tall, identikit tower blocks, giants that flanked this abandoned little town, even as they crumbled and fell into ruin themselves. If she could say one nice thing about Newcastle Emlyn (ah, did she really have to?), it was that the town had escaped the blight of these concrete monoliths, formed and forgotten about to store those who needed the most help. She’d walked past ‘em during her brief stay in Swansea, been afflicted by the aura of depression that each one possessed. She’d always made it a goal to never wind up inside one of them breezeblock nightmares.

Yeah. Well, a shitty flat had become the least of her worries, now, hadn’t it?

“How ‘bout we check in on here, ey?”

Kay jabbed her thumb towards the entrance of the closest one, front door apparently having taken a hike long ago.

“Could do with, um. A rest. And some shelter. An’ it’s tall enough that. Um. We can see where, um. All of our targets and stuff. Where they are.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

(Heath Redfield continued from I see a ship in the harbour)

As they walked Heath's mind wandered. Of course, it would, even before the game his mind wandered. His mind jumped from topic to topic, one second it was strategies on how to take out monsters, the next it was how he was going to deal with the fact that only one could survive, and after that, it was which of his MREs should he eat next.

So many things, besides the last one, needed his attention. The cold didn't help either, like trying to think while you were in pain. That nagging voice repeatedly telling you 'It's cold!' 'It's cold!' 'Find Warmth, it's cold!'. Quiet enough that you could still think but loud enough that you couldn't completely ignore it. Add to the fact that his new addition to his arsenal was heavy, and as more time passed he found himself more and mor-

Kay's voice knocked him out of his own head. His eyes refocused and Heath found that he was staring at the ground when she called him. He looked up and scanned his surroundings, they had walked all the way to the village and from the looks of it to the worst place on the island. The fucking brutalist apartment blocks. Uniform and boring, the only way he could even tell the difference between them was how they looked as ruins.

Kay suggested they check it out and Heath gave her a raised eyebrow. "Didn't take ya for the kind of person who enjoys school buildings looking like prisons." He joked before nodding,

"Sure, Now do you want to take point or..." Heath stopped himself, he already knew the answer. He shook his head at himself while he unsheathed his machete and walked up to the door. "What floor are we going to? Better to get this out of the way."
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
One Room Deathgame: Angry Knife man with horrid scars.
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

U: An older version of me in a shituation.
"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
Cyber:Ángel Alcántara, Watch his halo fade and his wings morph.
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
[+] spoiler Some far off dream
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

TV4: The Acrobat- Harper -"They always told me to be ready for anything..."
The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Apologies for skipping, wanted to get things rolling again on my end))

Y’know, she’d actually been about to suggest that she should be the one leading the charge.

Yeah, yeah, she knew, kinda went against her whole usual M.O., didn’t it? Little tricky to hide behind someone when you couldn’t even see them. Maybe she could politely ask the monsters and nutso batshit creations to aim for just over her shoulder when they ran into one another. Or she could use her infamously dreadful reflexes to, uh. Sidestep out of the way when it lunged at her. Something like that.

Oh, she’d meandered her way into one hell of a segue here. Hold on a sec, do not adjust your set.

Right, so, reason behind her mostly-nebulous idea of taking point was pretty simple; Kay wasn’t exactly keen on the idea of wielding the rocket launcher in spaces as tight and enclosed as these corridors would no doubt be. There’d been just enough space in the decrepit old house to fire it off without catching her as collateral, and even then, the heat had washed over her body and blistered her skin, a strange mercy after trudging through ankle-deep snow. Inside here, a twitchy trigger finger or moment of poor aim would lead to Heath, herself, and everyone in the vicinity getting blasted to kingdom come. Hell, even if the explosion itself didn’t instantly vaporise them both, she wouldn’t have been surprised if it didn’t cause the building to collapse in on itself and give them a makeshift tomb. She’d figured that if she was standing right in front of her momentary partner, he’d, at the very very least, take a moment to breathe, and focus, before firing.

All a moot point now that he was taking the lead, of course. And despite all her misgivings, Kay still wasn’t about to argue against it. Sure, there could be one of those horrifying monsters prowling about the corridors, scent of prey in its nose. Could just as easily be some other poor bastard, driven doolally after being stranded in a land of long nights and cold tomorrows, waiting round the corner with a knife clutched in their hands.

Yeah. Yeah, maybe bringing up the rear would still remain the safest strategy.

“Figure it’d, um. Make most sense to head right for, y’know. The roof.”

She jostled the flamethrower slightly, relieving some of the strain that had been flaring up in her wrist. Then she ran her other hand through her fringe, trying to brush some of the unruly strands away from in front of her eyes, pulling a face as her fingers left smudges on her glasses and caught themselves in the tangles and knots that seemed, sometimes, to constitute 80% of her hair.

“Means we can, um, get a good view of. Um. Well, a pretty decent chunk of this place, I think. Looks tall enough that we can spot stuff coming from, like, a mile away. If we can actually, um, access it. The roof, I mean.”

Kay was quiet for just a moment, letting out a deep breath, one that sounded like it had been caught in her lungs for a long, long time, causing a puff of fog to escape her lips.

“Never was, um. Keen on school, full stop,” she muttered, filling the air, waiting for Heath to push the door open. “Crushingly brutalist or, um, not. Was always kinda naff at it, and it didn’t, um…”

Hmm.

“.. just didn’t gel with me. You follow?”

Nice and vague, perfect. Just the response for the girl that couldn’t stop running her mouth, even when she didn’t want any of her secrets to spill from it. Generic enough that it could be applicable to pretty much any school-based situation, and could be relatable enough for pretty much anyone. Just enough to stop people asking any more questions. She hoped.

She rocked on her feet, willing herself not to overthink it.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Meanwhile, one floor higher, Elizabeth came to a verdict. Three webs. Zero spiders.

They must have died when the island got abandoned, no longer enjyoing the warmth of human civilization. What a boring tragedy.

According to Sycamore, their fates had already been driven towards a different path thanks to the faked socials. Liz couldn't helped but wonder how her "posts" looked like. She wasn't that active, so maybe they would leave her out?

“How ‘bout we check in on here, ey?”

Hearing a human voice after the long silence made Elizabeth perk up in surprise, her first noteworthy emotions since entering the room. Her left hand tasted for the backpack in which the Altor Survival Pistol rested. At least until Liz asked herself what she would do with the gun once in her hands. There was no answer.

But still, with her loneliness interrupted, she felt no longer comfortable just lying there. Granted, lying there had never been that comfortable in the first place.

The very minimum she felt obliged to do was verifying the identity of the two or more people outside. The number of folk she cared about was exactly one, but that was enough.

Anything to distract herself, if even for a moment.

After slowly getting back on her feet, Elizabeth somehow made her way to the window.

Since the arrivals stood close to the building, she had to awkwardly press her face against the glass to catch a good look.
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

The roof. Heath nodded, sounded smart.

To be honest he was just going through the motions. He knew that Kay wouldn't randomly offer to take point, yet he still felt a bit disappointed... Heath paused for a moment, why was he disappointed? Was he disappointed that this person he only met today, wouldn't fight him on his choice to put himself in more danger than her?

"Well, as much as the roof will give us in this winter wasteland. I would be surprised if we could see anything besides white."

Heath let out a puff of air in a laugh. "you and me both." Heath pushed open the door and peaked his head in giving a quick look around. "Schools aren't really made to handle people like me..." Heath let his words hang in the air a minute as he stepped inside. " 'Sides I was bullied when I was younger... Trust me, I understand you."

Heath looked around the dilapidated building, using his matchete to push open any doors he could. "Should probably stay a bit behind me... just incase something jumps out would suck if we both got caught."
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

That so, Mr. Two Fields? You understood her? Was that really, truly the case?

You understood what it was like to feel as if you’d been split in half and separated across two different worlds, each side stranded there, neither one feeling like it belonged where it had been abandoned, but scared it would never be accepted if it dared to cross over to the other universe? You knew exactly what it was like to spend countless sleepless hours in the middle of the night, gazing at the ceiling, justifying each and every thought that crossed through your mind, struggling to convince yourself that it was just a phase, a period of your life that everybody went through and that would soon come to pass? You understood the morning-afters spent staring into the mirror, identifying each and every imperceptible flaw in the design of your appearance, wondering why exactly it was such a struggle to justify something that, surely, was so commonplace? You fully appreciated the creeping, burgeoning dread when the one love of your life, the hobby that on the most grey and grim of days felt like the sole thing that gave anything meaning, started to become cloying and clinging and uncomfortable to even consider, the thought of showing even a scrap of flesh to the outside world as horrifying and stomach-churning as if she had been forced to drink a gallon of seawater? You had locked all of these thoughts away for so, so long, because you knew that one day, you’d tell them all to somebody who had been by your side since the moment you could walk, and all of a sudden they’d become a ghost in your presence?

She wished you did. God, she wished that you were someone she could confide in, years of fear and fury that had been cooped up inside of her head finally set free and out into the world again. But she hadn’t seen any evidence that this was the case. Nothing he’d said had convinced her that there was an invisible bond between the two of them. So she didn’t say anything in response - unless you counted a small, gruff noise that could easily have been mistaken for her clearing her throat - and continued to follow after Heath, several healthy steps behind.

God, she hoped Rosa was doing all right. She hoped that she was safe. She missed that girl. She missed her so fucking much. She hoped that Rosa didn’t miss her at all. She hoped that she would soon forget the dozens of messages, cold and unanswered.

“If we can’t, um. See anything. And there’s nothing in this, um, building. Then I guess that means we’re. Safe. For a bit. Right?”

Kay chewed the inside of her lip, trying to wiggle her nose to adjust her glasses to jostle off a tiny speck of dust that had landed on them.

“No news is, um. Good news,” she proffered. “Right?”

Her footsteps creaked with near every step, displacing thick layers of dust that had no doubt been uninterrupted for God knows how long. She had been about to suggest they stay quiet and keep their mouths shut unless it was an emergency - which, given she’d just been chuntering along, was real fucking rich coming from her, she knew - but if there really was one of those godforsaken monsters lurking inside one of those rooms or tucked away round the next corner, no doubt it’d already heard them loud and clear. They had brought a rocket launcher to a stealth mission, after all.

And hell. These things probably had, like, super powerful hearing, or a mega sensitive sense of smell - she vaguely remembered the latter being already kind of a polar bear trait, unless she was just totally bullshitting herself. If that was the case, well, it’d probably already caught wind of ‘em the moment they’d even caught a glimpse of the front entrance.

Hmm. You know what, she wasn’t gonna consider the ramifications of that against her idea of cooping out on the rooftop. Nope. Not in the slightest.

“Might not just be, um. Something, um. Liable to jump out. If you, uh, get me.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Liz only got a few seconds to spectate the couple before it entered the building. A man and a woman. She had seen both of them on the ship now and then, but never talked with them. Strangers.

Strangers who were carrying a machete and what looked like a rocket launcher. Elizabeth gulped, imagining the entire building going up in a big bang. Which was unlikely to happen unless the two planned to commit suicide, but whatever.

Some rumbling sounds downstairs told about doors being opened and rooms being searched. Hiding was no option, even if she felt like it.

Stepping away from the window and towards the door leading out of the apartment, Liz took one long look at her backpack before grabbing the entire thing without taking out the gun. The room had been starting to get uncomfortable anyways. Might as well use the situation for some socializing. Whatever good that would do her at this point.

With some hesitation, she pressed down the knob and slowly pushed open the door, calling out to the duo all the while.

"Hey there. I mean no harm, so not attacking me would be cool."

Yeah, that sounded trustworthy.
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

Kay didn't respond.

That was fine, never really expected her to. Sometimes there were openings in a conversation or exits where someone could either keep it going or close it off. Going by the noise she made he figured she didn't want to talk about it.

Again, fine by him.

Then she spoke up again. "Depends on what you define as safe. Not in immediate danger, sure. But the threat is still very much here, just because we don't share a building with it doesn't mean it's not still a threat." Sounded pessimistic to his ears, but is true regardless. Their lives were on the line, they couldn't afford to be reckless.

"No, again, it depends. No news, could in fact be the worst possible thing. It means we don't have information, it can mean that things are happening and we just don't know."

There's this phenomenon when you are trying to be sneaky. Your brain focuses on noise, everything becomes loud. The creaking of the wooden boards in a house, the clack of your shoes hitting the concrete in the garage, every noise a house just makes in its operation. Heath was experiencing all of it, the harsh winter wind pushing against the old ruin. The building creaked and groaned naturally like the decades-old supports groaned out in despair at the sorry state of the building. The clacking of his boots against the ground sounded like gunshots in the distance. His breathing was far too loud than he felt comfortable with, it was maddening.

Doors would creak open and close, and Heath had to wonder whether it was the wind pushing and pulling doors like it did back home. The wind from his window pulled the door open just enough, to quickly slam it back.

All of this to say, Heath was tense. It's like watching a horror movie and waiting for something to jump out. He could see a ghost face jumping out from a random closet and chasing him with a kitchen knife. He knew it was impossible but the anxiety ate through his sanity quicker and more thoroughly than any man-made horror on the island could. The brain would make every shadow and noise your worst nightmare if you let it.

When Kay spoke Heath jumped slightly knocked from his spiraling thoughts. Heath turned to her and stared as if she had grown a new head. "How did yo-" And like in all those movies he never finished his sentence.

A new arrival. Someone from the ship, he had seen them around, but like most of his classmates in life he never bothered to remember her name. Regardless, she made the first move and unless she was the world's shittiest assassin this wasn't an ambush.

Still, Heath kept his guard up, and his grip on the machete tightened. "We also come in peace... Well, we don't want to kill anybody. unless you happened to have a swarm of biomechanical worms controlling you? Or a rapidly evolving polar bear thing?" Yep, still awkward. You would never believe he had taken a minor in communication. If you paid attention, you could see him wince slightly from his words.
[+] spoiler in the game

Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“No, I-”

She opened her mouth and furrowed her brow, a little spark of indignance flickering within her. Maybe she was overthinking this, trying to read between the lines when there was just a single solid block in front of her, but, like… she understood the situation they were stuck in, all right, boyo? She knew that ‘safe’ out here didn’t follow the same rules as the term usually did. You could sit at your desk back home, totally oblivious to the goings-on of the outside world, and be confident you were ‘safe’ regardless. Cause there wasn’t some mutant polar bear, or swarm of bloodthirsty metal worms (man alive, she felt like pinching herself whenever that phrase swam through her head) outside your walls, not even on a Friday evening; maybe a bunch of yobbos carting a six-pack of Dark Fruit Strongbow if you were unlucky.

But even they wouldn’t bother you if you just closed your eyes or walked into another room. You couldn’t draw the curtains on what counted as a threat out in this wasteland, especially when a ‘threat’ could be the person you’d just been walking alongside for the past 12 hours. She knew that. Just cause she couldn’t see what the monsters and stuff were up to didn’t mean that they weren’t still prowling around. She knew that, she understood what bloody object permanence was. But if there was no sign of danger far away, and no scent of a threat nearby, then that gave them a moment to, she didn’t know, sit down for a moment? Stop and think? Just… just catch a breath, and remember, for a split second, what it was like to live again, not just to exist? She didn’t think that was too much to ask for. It wasn’t as though she was about to chuck her weapon out the window and dance in the nuddy, now, was she? That’d be the height of madness. She knew that, too.

Wasn’t fucking stupid.

“Look, I’m… eh…”

Ah, who gave a toss, really. Wasn’t worth getting all eggy about at the best of times. She was exhausted, stressed outta her mind, constantly on vigilance - in a real cranky mood, to put it mildly. That, in combination with the reminder of her long-lost youth - the childhood she’d only partially been allowed to have - meant it was odds on she’d just misinterpreted Heath’s words as something worth getting into a tizzy over.

Wasn’t like she was immune to crafting one thing in her head, and then having something totally different come outta her mouth, God, far from it. Best shown by, well, just now, honestly; Field Field had jolted up to gawp at her, and Kay honestly didn’t have a clue what for. Clearly she’d misspoke at some point, but where? About what? Had she subconsciously slipped a passage from Mein Kampf in there or something?

Again, it didn’t end up mattering two shits. Neither of ‘em were linguistic geniuses. And it seemed as though they had a guest, now.

Or. Wait, no, they would be the guests, wouldn’t they? Given this gal had clearly been in here first, and, y’know. They’d been the ones, uh…

“Yeah, uh,” Kay called out, shooting a sideways glance at Heath as he fumbled the bag all over the goddamn place. “Same. Same here.”

God, her voice was even more abhorrent when it was amplified like this, each echo piercing her heart, reminder after reminder after reminder of just how bloody wrong she sounded, especially compared to the lodger upstairs. She could imagine, vividly, exactly what her face would look like when she came downstairs and saw the people she was dealing with, divorced from sound alone. It was one she’d seen before; too few times for her to feel like it was worth kicking up a fuss about, too many times for her to feel safe and comfortable in her own skin.

“There uh. Um. ‘s there anybody else with you? Wanna know the, um, uh. The whole score.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Stepping out of the appartment, it didn't took long until Liz reached the upper end of the stairs.

And there they were.

The couple appeared disshelved and worn out, just like Elizabeth. Understandable. They had been treckking through a snowy storm mere moments ago. After her lone pity party, it was a refreshing reminder that everyone else on the island was in the same shitty situation as her. More or less.

Immediately, questions were thrown her way. The change from almost a day of no socializing to getting questioned was a harsh turn, but Liz had expected that much.

"No, I am alone," she replied to the more obvious question. "But I met the monsters before. The other day, I was with that army Flanders and Charlie and some others when the bear attacked. We barely got away and ran straight into the worm zombies. Things were looking fucked, so I booked it in the chaos." A hesitating shrug. "No idea where the others are now."

And then, maybe due to the stress of the overall situation wearing her attention down, maybe due to Liz lowering her guard, distracted by finally having someone to talk again, or maybe due to bad luck, she made her next mistake.

"I am Elizabeth, by the way."

This random tidbit of information, a casual self-introduction, would otherwise not have warrented any worry. And yet it caused Liz's face to darken merely seconds later, as the realization set in.

The realization that they were in a killing game, and that she had blown her girlfriend's brain out not too long ago. Which everyone had been informed about.

Fuck.

"Erm... I know what you are thinking." She raised her hands, as if to show that she was unarmed. "It was kind of an accident, really. We had a dispute about what to do, and some surpressed feeling flared up, and then I grabbed her, and... well..." Elizabeth stopped herself before she could dig an even bigger hole.

Fuck.

Fuckfuckfuckityfuck.
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

Heath was grateful for Kay helping him after he fumbled all his fuckin spaghetti. He wasn't sure about what she meant by the whole score but... Anything to keep things peaceful.

The woman in front of them confirmed humanity and stated she was alone. Now Heath didn't believe that for a second, but it truthfully didn't matter. There would be peace in our times. She told of some of her time on the island, it turns out the woman had the unfortunate honor of meeting two of the creatures. "So the worms are making zombies..." Heath mutters with the information.

Then the woman gives her name, Elizabeth. With no hope of remembering it, Heath decides he's going to call her Liz. More pressingly was the instant look of dread that crossed Liz's face. In all honestly, Heath didn't truly remember her crime. She killed someone on the first day, safe to say that after seeing someone die in front of him and roughing it in a ditch, he didn't particularly save the file of the first killers.

Oddly enough, it was Elizabeth herself that jogged his memory. She raised her hands and stammered out an excuse, all the while Heath subconsciously tightened his grip even more on the handle. He held it so hard his hand started turning white. Heath just shook his head slightly, "Shit happened?... Tensions got high and before you knew it you did something you can't take back?" There was some sympathy to Heath's words, while he hadn't killed anyone he unfortunately understood the mistakes that cost lives.

"Yeah... I... I get that." Briefly Heath's guard lowered as he thought of his deceased ally, the machete lowering. "One fuck up and..." A small self-deprecating smile played on his lips. He let out a sigh before turning his attention back to Liz. "Trust me... I get it."
[+] spoiler in the game

Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“I don’t.”

The nozzle of the flamethrower was pointing directly at Elizabeth’s torso now. Kay’s index finger, so religiously pressed flat against the side of the trigger until this moment, had wrapped itself around it, visibly twitching.

“There’s fuckups, and then there’s murder.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Liz's eyes widened as the large weapon - she was unsure of its exact purpose - aimed right at her.

Practically, this was far from the scariest moment so far. Elizabeth had seen the Chimera eating the three teachers. She had shot her own girlfriend. She had had a run-in with her now zombified dead girlfriend.

But all of those scenario's were rather... surreal. Not something she ever would have imagined happening to her.

A normal firearm on the other hand? That was a danger she could fully understand and calculate. Something to fully fear.

Her legs started trembling.

"Wait!" She cried out. "I- We- Maybe-"

Fragments of arguments left her lips, but not a single one felt good enough to be finished.

Her legs trembled harder.

"P-please don't shoot me."

In the end, the most pathetic one won.

"I m-mean, we don't have to fight. We can just split up and go our AAHHH!"

Maybe it was the talk about going that caused the flight-instinct to kick in. Or the trembling had gone to far.

Anyway, Liz found herself stumbling over her own feet, falling forwards.

On the way down the stairs, there seemed to be no part of her body that didn't collide with the cold rock. Halfway down, her backpack slipped from her back, landing only a fraction before her on the ground, right next to the duo.

Her head hit the floor, replacing her vision with stars.

"Urghhh..."

She didn't even manage to scream, deafened by the sudden pain. Even the danger of the weapon was momentarily forgotten.

Her left arm felt weirdly displaced.
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

Two words. Never before in Heath's life did he truly understand the power of words. Of course, he had seen speeches that rallied thousands. But only now did it really dawn on him.
"I don't."
With those words, everyone leaving this situation alive changed from a near certainty to a possibility.

Quickly, a hand grabbed Kay's arm, no it was more like he put his hand on her arm. "Gun safety." Heath hissed. Liz, rationally, began to panic. A woman was now begging her ally for her life. "Remember what weapon you have. You depress that trigger and this building goes down in flame."

Heath felt a pang of sympathy for Liz, this definitely wasn't her day. Though could it be said to be any of their days?

"Never put your finger on the trigger unless you are fully prepared for the consequen-" Maybe now wasn't the time for a gun safety lecture but he never got to finish it as with a scream Liz tumbled ass over end down the stairs.

"Fucking...!" Heath hurried after the fallen woman. Honestly, Heath was just happy she groaned it meant she didn't snap her neck on the stairs. Heath began to check on her as he spoke to Kay. "And if she snapped her neck here you would quickly understand a fuck up, and murder." He snapped. "Can you help me make sure she's okay? Please?"
[+] spoiler in the game

Return to “Dormitories”