Initial D

Private - to no-one!

The lighthouse stands on the easternmost point of the island, helping guide ships to the harbor. The lighthouse itself is tall, with a narrow, spiraling staircase, and offers a good view of the surrounding area. At the base is also a series of rooms with living facilities for the caretakers, so it's one of the places outside the residential district that can offer a bed and cooking facilities.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Slam

Initial D

Post by Slam »

((Yuichiro Takiguchi continued from Start Game))

How was Takiguchi Yuichiro supposed to know where Yahagi-san had wanted to meet? Her note had just said to meet her on the eastern beach, but the eastern beach was pretty long if the map was to be believed. It was a bit frustrating that she hadn't been more direct in telling him where to meet when passing him a note in the middle of a room full of armed soldiers. The map had coordinates, after all. Had she meant outside the tourist association? Near the harbour? Or where he was now, next to the lighthouse?

It was big, tall, and in many ways comforting. A beacon of hope, one that signalled that, maybe, if they all just banded together and stayed in the lighthouse, they could figure it out and make it out in one piece. Share some laughs, take in some people who were scared or hurt, maybe even cook some meals together. What could possibly go wrong?

He hadn't gone inside yet, because he didn't want Yahagi-san to think he'd not shown up. He didn't really know her that well, but she was still an important person to him. Everyone in the class was, after all, and if she wanted to meet up, then he'd be polite enough to do so.

If she wanted to...go down...on him, well...

He rubbed his head with his free hand, blushing furiously. He didn't think he was interested, and he was pretty sure Yahagi-san was dating Kuramoto-san after all, but her note had been pretty explicit. At least, he thought his English was good enough to get that message. Gosh, here he was less than an hour into the Program, with the directive to go out there and start killing, and this was what was on his brain. Hormones, you know?

In the other hand, he held his assigned weapon. A Smith and Wesson revolver, not that he knew the brand. He had already looked for the safety on the revolver, but he couldn't find such a thing on the revolver, which obviously spoke to his ineptitude with revolvers. Shoot, they gave a gun to a guy who was hopeless with guns. What a waste!

Well, it didn't matter. He knew he would never use a gun, especially not on his classmates. No, never on this classmates! He was tempted to just throw it away right there and then, because he wouldn't need such a thing. He knew he wouldn't.

But he didn't. Littering was bad, you know?

He looked around again. He hoped Yahagi-san would show up soon.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

((Yoshimi Yahagi continued from Start Game))

Yoshimi ran scared through the night. She stopped just for a moment when she'd gotten far enough from the school to check her bag. All that was in it besides the standard items was a hammer. She clutched it to her chest and gave a shuddering sigh. Yoshimi was helpless with this thing against anyone with a gun or even a bladed weapon. She ran east as far as she could, hoping maybe Yoji and her thought enough alike that they would end up in the same place. The sound of frantic violins seemed to follow her in her head.

Finally, the foliage gave way to the sandy beach area and a cute-looking lighthouse. She'd not encountered anyone on the way there, for which she thanked whatever entity might be out there watching, whichever one hadn't already abandoned her.

God has abandoned me, surely.

Out on the shore of the island, the twinkling lights of the mainland were visible not too far away. Floating peacefully just off the coast of the island was one of the Program's guard boats. The boats no doubt held more of the soldiers who would cut her down without a thought if she swam out -- another sacrifice to The Republic from the Program. It was some time after 1 am. Across the water people were up late studying, going to bars, looking at bills at the kitchen table while their children were asleep.

Yoshimi fell to her knees in the sand and held her hammer to her chest as if she was praying. The lights from the homes and business on the mainland blurred. She cried as quietly as she could, covering her own mouth to stifle the noise and hoping the small squeaks would not attract anyone. She staggered to her feet, her legs up to her knees covered with sand that had clung to her sweaty skin, and started running towards the lighthouse. In the dark of the night, she ran into someone and fell backwards. Yoshimi held her hammer in front of her, scooted backward, and frantically tried to dry her eyes so she could see better.

"D-d-don't."

The hammer shook in her outstretched hand.

"D-d-don't h-h-h-hurt -- "
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Slam

Post by Slam »

Wham! Standing one second, Yuichiro was sprawled out on the floor the next. “Ah, geez…” he groaned as he righted himself. He was still holding his revolver.

Before panic could set in, he heard whimpering coming from behind. He spun around on the ground, seeing who it was who had ran into him. It was tough to tell in the dark, but he could just about make out Yahagi-san under the moonlight, clutching her hammer for dear life.

“Yahagi-san! It’s me, Yuichiro!” he called out, trying to calm her down as he got to his feet. “It’s OK. Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you.”

He gave her a smile. He hoped it was reassuring.
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Yoshimi's neck stretched as she lifted her chin to the night sky. The moon shone brightly, creating delicate shadows on her pretty face. She stared at Yuichiro, who got up and stood, brushing the sand off the dark uniform that made him blend into their surroundings.

What about Mitsuko Souma and Hirono Shimizu? It was true they were bad, but they were her friends after all. If she could find them... would they trust her? And could she trust them? She might not be able to...

"Yuichiro?"

The rolling of the waves was all that she could hear as they stared at each other. Her chest rose and fell noticeably. The moonlit beach was the perfect place for a date, or for a battle.

She stayed stuck to the spot, not wanting to move when he had a gun in his hands. She eyed it fearfully.

"If that's true, if you really mean it, we have to get inside," she said in a low voice. "We can't stay out here."

The lighthouse loomed, jutting straight up out of the seaside.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
Slam

Post by Slam »

Get...get inside?

Sure, yeah, that made sense. Outside they were very...exposed. Plus it was kind of chilly, since it was the middle of the night. Getting inside where people couldn’t see them made a lot more sense. Where they could be alone.

“Yeah, yeah I do mean it.” he replied, offering a hand to help her up. He felt very awkward doing so, but it would have been even ruder to just stand there and watch Yahagi-san pick herself back up. It was true that he'd never held hands with a girl before though, and it made him tremble.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be ok.” He smiled. He could see the fear in her eyes, and it stabbed at his heart to see it. He failed to notice them darting towards the gun in his hand, too focused on how painful it was to see her scared. Yahagi-san was kind of standoffish, hanging out with Mitsuko’s gang who didn't really talk to him, but she was also really pretty. Yuichiro didn’t think she had a bad heart, but she looked afraid a lot of the time. The exception was when she was with Kuramoto-san; he wondered where he was. Hopefully she’d find him soon.

But until then, she wanted to be with him. He was OK with that, and he’d do his best to make her feel better. It was still pretty awkward, being alone with a girl like this, but he had to try.

“Come on, let’s go.” he said, heading into the lighthouse.
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

The waves crashed.

Yuichiro held out his hand to her and Yoshimi sniffled.

He was... going to give her a chance? She wasn't expecting that at all. She knew what people thought of Mitsuko and her girls, and even if she'd calmed down this year, well, she didn't think anyone would believe her when she said she meant no harm; not in this situation. If she couldn't find Yoji, she thought she'd just be alone until someone snuck up on her when the exhaustion finally rendered her helpless.

Her eyes welled up just a little at the corners with tears that were less urgent and heavy and she smiled. She was touched.

"Yuichiro..."

Well, if he was going to shoot her he had his chance. Yoshimi lifted the shirt of her uniform and tucked her hammer into the waist of her skirt. She took his outstretched hand firmly in hers and stood up with his help. Then, she grabbed her skirt in both hands and shook it to get the sand and dirt off.

"Okay. Yes, let's go."

Yoshimi followed him to the building that stood tall in front of them. She hurried in after Yuichiro and slammed the door shut. It looked like they were in a little house that was attached to the actual lighthouse part of the structure. Immediately after getting inside, she saw a desk and started shoving the piece of furniture in front of the door they'd come in through.

"Keep the lights off, okay?" she said in between heavy breaths from the physical exertion. They couldn't broadcast that there were people hiding here in case someone was already out hunting. She sighed and took the hammer out of her skirt, placing it on the desk.

Supers
International
Slam

Post by Slam »

Yuichiro reflexively spun around when Yahagi-san started to lift her shirt, face bursting into a blush bright enough to light up the beach. Out there? Right now?! That was too soon! He was still mentally preparing for this sort of thing, you know?!

He hurried into the lighthouse ahead of her, not looking back to see what he assumed was a quickly undressing girl behind him. ‘Ok, keep it cool, Yuichiro. You’re a man, you can do this. But you don’t want to be rude, so don’t be weird about it. Just be respectful and don’t do anything she’s not up for, that’s what mom always told you about this sort of thing.’ he thought to himself, as he made his way inside

He turned around after they had both entered, surprised to see Yahagi-san still fully dressed and slamming the door behind him. He ‘oh’-ed to himself quietly, caught between relief and disappointment, only for her to start barricading the door and instructing him to keep the lights off. Both feelings vanished immediately.

“Yahagi-san…” he whimpered, anticipation hitting him once again like a truck. He stood there like an idiot, no idea what to be doing as she finished setting up. He decided to follow her lead rather than just stand there like a putz, casually putting his gun down next to the hammer as they both stood within arm’s reach. It would get in the way for sure, and he realised it was pretty awkward bringing a gun to a scene like this. It’s not like he needed it anyway, he was never going to shoot anyone.

“Er...um...” he mumbled, rubbing at his hair as he tried to find an ice breaker. This was all happening pretty fast, and he wanted to slow things down, if that was alright with Yahagi-san. He asked the first thing that came out of his mouth. “Aren’t you worried about Kuramoto-san not being able to get in, if he shows up? Or your other friends?”
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

As her eyes became adjusted to their new surroundings, she was better able to see Yuichiro and the small expressions of the boy that she didn't know all so well. He placed the gun on the desk holding the door shut and walked forward until they were close enough to reach out and touch one another. Yoshimi was still breathing heavily from moving the desk. She swept a long, wavy piece of hair behind her ear.

She heard him say her name and without thinking her right foot moved back, toe pushed against the ground as if to move her a step backwards, but without actually having carried her anywhere.

It was the way that he said it that sparked the unconscious feeling in her. It was thick with need in a familiar way. She looked at the gun, then at the boyishly cute face of her classmate, and willed her foot to ease back to where it had been. He leaned in slightly, and she could see expectation in his eyes in the dark. It was something she was well-versed in recognizing. Without thinking any of the words specifically, her mind quickly zipped between knowing what it was he wanted and knowing what she wanted -- the gun.

“My friends..." she whispered.

I can't. But... could I?

Yoshimi was sitting on the edge of a very plush bed in a pretty nice hotel room –- nicer than she’d ever seen anyway. Her hands were clasped in her lap and a pair of scuffed shoes that she borrowed clacked together. Her feet swung together just above the floor.

The man looked like he was early 40s. He loosened his tie and slipped off his jacket, revealing a light blue button-down shirt. He put his thumb on the center of her lower lip and pushed down so that her straight, bottom row of teeth was visible.

“How old are you?”

She looked up at him and gulped loudly.

Ding ding!

The woman behind the cashier handed her a bag with a pair of really nice, new shoes. She walked outside where Mitsuko Souma was leaning against the wall, eating popsicle and people watching.

Yoshimi’s family was poor, and they didn’t really have the time to pay much attention to what she was up to. She just wanted a few nice things now and then other girls had, that normal girls got sometimes. A newer pair of shoes, a little bit of makeup, and maybe a nice meal now and then –- that’s what she wanted.

“So the guys I’ve hooked you up with are working out?” Mitsuko asked casually. Yoshimi took a small pair of earrings out of her bag and gave them to Mitsuko. Wordlessly, Mitsuko smiled and put the earrings into her purse. She bumped Yoshimi with her hips and continued watching passersby.

“Mm-hmm,” she nodded and smiled a bit in return. Mitsuko tipped the popsicle to Yoshimi, and she took a bite out of it.

“Whenever you want more guys, just let me know. I’m sending you the boring ones. But the boring ones always come through.”

“I… M-Mitsuko,” she started. “I like having some extra money. I never had that. And… now I have some things of my own I bought that are just mine. And a lot of girls do it. We don’t have to pay to be part of a telephone club this way. But…”

The other girl raised a perfectly arched eyebrow.

“I guess I thought it would be different maybe,” Yoshimi trailed off.

It” Mitsuko repeated with a hint of laughter. “That’s why it’s called a blow job and not a blow vacation.” Mitsuko finished the popsicle and rested her head on Yoshimi’s shoulder as she spoke. “It’s a nice, fat stack for just a few minutes of grunting and sweating. And then you can buy whatever you want. We deserve nice things just like other people. You have to take what you want. If you don’t grab whatever you can, you’ll be left with nothing after everyone’s done grabbing from you. That’s how the world is.”

“I know.”

She agreed with Mitsuko at the time.

Yoshimi pointed her large eyes downward and reached out, slipping the tips of her fingers into Yuichiro's pants pocket. As soon as she did, she felt a wave of nausea and guilt.

It turned out that she didn't agree with Mitsuko now.

"I'm sorry," she blurted and pulled her hand back. "I have to find Yoji."

She grabbed her hammer off the desk, shoved the desk, wrenched the door open just big enough for a teen girl to slip through, and ran off.

((Yoshimi Yahagi continued in Thieves In The Temple ))

Supers
International
Slam

Post by Slam »

Yuichiro could only stare as Yahagi-san left, mouth hanging wide open.

For a brief, brief moment, she had brushed against it. Then the next moment, she had been running out the room looking like she was about to burst, calling out for her absent boyfriend.

Guilt washed over him like the waves crashing against the rocks outside. Stupid Yuichiro! What the heck had he been doing? They were in the middle of The Program, but more importantly, Yahagi-san had a boyfriend! Of course she didn’t want to “go down” on him, and how the heck could he justify putting her in such a situation?

Quit thinking with your Mega Man, Yuichiro!

“Yahagai-san, wait!” he called out, running out the lighthouse after her. But she was too fast, and it was too dark. He scanned the area for any signs of his fleeing friend, but she was already lost to the darkness. All that remained was him and the sounds of the night.

“Ah, geez…” he mumbled to himself, rubbing at his hair yet again. Most awkward of all was the growing urgency in his pants, which had not abated despite the inappropriateness. Not that that was anything unusual. He squeezed his hands together as he bit down on his bottom lip, trying to clear his brain of those dirty thoughts. It was definitely not the time for such things, not after what he’d just done to that poor girl.

It was a poor effort.

He decided to return to the lighthouse. It was still dark out, and despite having been knocked out for however long, he was tired. Maybe another one of his friends would show up, one he wouldn’t act so disrespectfully towards.

He wondered where Tadakatsu was. He hoped he was OK.

The door swung shut behind him, a metallic clank against the frame. He decided to leave it unblocked for now, so that he knew someone could walk in at any time. Hopefully that would be enough of a deterrent from stray hands acting on very inappropriate feelings. He picked the gun back off the desk, putting it in his pocket. He didn’t like to leave things lying around where they could get lost, even if it wasn’t something he planned on using. It was an awkward fit.

Now he just had to distract himself from what had just happened and what was continuing to happen. He really wished he had some anime to take his mind off things. Maybe there was a TV in here somewhere?
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

((Kazushi Niida continued from START GAME))

What kind of stupid death game started off in the middle of the night? It was impossible to see anything! At this rate, everybody in the class was gonna trip over tree roots and die of a broken neck.

Kazushi didn't consider himself an outdoorsy person. He did spend a lot of time on the soccer field, but that wasn't really nature. It was grass shaved down to a precise length, cultivated for sport. Out here, there was high grass, slick with night dew, and grabby trees branches that yanked at his hair, his clothes, and the Uzi stuffed awkwardly into his jacket pocket. He hadn't been able to believe his luck when he'd first opened the pack and found that sleek beauty waiting for him, but now he was constantly worried that a branch would snag the trigger and he'd wind up cutting himself in half with it. Eventually he'd given up roughing it and decided to stick to the first trail he found. And eventually he found himself walking near the coastline, a large dark shape looming up in the distance.

He'd already gone digging through his pack, and pulled out his map, and squinted at it, trying to make sense of it in the low light. There was a lighthouse, marked clearly on the eastern part of the island. Kazushi thought carefully about it. Most of the girls in class were pretty soft, weren't they? They'd probably want to find a roof over their heads to spend the night, and what better place than a big landmark like the lighthouse? That place was probably crawling with chicks looking to hole up for the night. And hey, if there were girls out there looking for protection, he'd be more than happy to provide it - as long as there was suitable compensation, of course. He wasn't about to risk his life for nothing!

But even if there weren't any chicks there, people would probably stop by the lighthouse just to check it out. If he set himself up there, he could ask anybody who came by what was going on out there, what they were seeing, who they were seeing. And more importantly, whether any of them knew where Takako was. In a game like this, all bets were off. And with an Uzi strapped to his side, Kazushi Niida could afford to bet big.

He headed for the lighthouse, already preparing what he'd say to anybody he might find inside.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Yuichiro was exploring the upper level of the lighthouse while Kazushi approached. He had yet to find a television set, so his access to anime was woefully limited. On the plus side, the excitement in his trousers was finally starting to wear down. Which was good, because it was quite distracting.

Whoops, he'd thought about it. Rookie mistake.

What he did find upstairs was a balcony for scenic gazing, and a little bedroom he could sleep in, thanks to the lock on the door. Compared to the two room apartment he’d been living in with his mother and grandmother up until now, it was comparatively spacious as living quarters went. Without the anime though, it just didn’t feel like home. The whole Program situation probably didn’t help either.

He threw himself back on the bed, exhaling. He wondered where Yahagi-san was by now. Hopefully she hadn’t gotten lost in the darkness outside. He should’ve been nicer to her, then she wouldn’t have felt the need to run off, and they could've come up with a plan on how to get everyone together and get out of there. What a bastard he was!

He heard the sound of the door opening from downstairs, echoing up through the narrow hallway. He bolted upright. Had she come back?

“Yahagi-san? Is that you?” he called out, hurrying down towards the entrance.
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Damn, Yahagi had been there? She was no Takako, but he'd still have hit it.

"Huh? No, it's me. Niida."

Kazushi considered trying to hide the Uzi as he heard the sounds of some guy (he didn't know who, he didn't really pay attention to most dudes in the class) making his way towards the door, but decided against it. Establishing himself as the alpha male here was probably gonna be job one. Especially if there were any other chicks in the vicinity. He cradled it gently, but didn't bring it up to a firing position. Not yet.

"Who are you, buddy?"
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Niida-san! It’s Yuichiro!”

Yuichiro continued down the stairs, not wanting to make Niida-san wait on him. He wasn’t someone Yuichiro had talked too that much, but he seemed like a good guy. There was apparently a misunderstanding between him and Chigusa-san, which was unfortunate, but these things happened.

More importantly, he was probably nervous about the situation too. He sounded calm, which was good! That didn’t mean he wasn’t worried about what was going on, though. Hopefully Yuichiro could help him feel safer in the lighthouse, maybe talk to him to help him relax, or tell him about some anime storylines to get his mind off things. It would be good if he could do stuff like that for people, help them feel better, if more of them kept coming. Yahagi-san might even come back, and then he could apologise and make it up to her as well.

‘Just don’t think about Niida-san trying to go down on you, Yuichiro.’ he thought to himself. It made him stop on the spot, foot hovering in mid-air. Why the heck did he think something like that?!

He ruffled his hair to knock himself back to reality, resuming his trip to the bottom of the stairs. “Hey!” he called out as he arrived, offering a warm smile. His eyes were immediately drawn to the uzi down at Kazushi's waist.

“Oh! You’ve- you’ve got a big one, huh?”
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

"Not the first time I've heard that," Niida lied.

He looked at the other boy, mildly disappointed. He'd been hoping that there might be some girls here, but unless they were hiding upstairs somewhere, it looked like it was just Yuichiro. Still, couldn't hurt to have a sidekick, right?

Niida patted the gun. "Yeah, that's right. I got a pretty good draw. I figure I can use it to try and protect people, you know? A lot of the girls in our class could probably use some protection against the Kiriyama thugs and stuff." Did it sound fake when he said it out loud? He hoped not.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna shoot you with it or anything."
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Oh! Yeah! For sure!”

Yuichiro laughed at Niida-san’s remark, because of course he wasn’t going to shoot him. The thought hadn’t even crossed his mind because he trusted his classmates. Niida-san probably didn’t even want the machine gun, but like himself had thought that it would be a shame and messy to just leave it lying around. Even if he didn’t know Niida-sa that well, Yuichiro was pretty sure he was a good person.

After all, he’d had the same idea as Yuichiro had. Yuichiro hadn’t been thinking about protecting the girls specifically, mind, or that they would need protection from Kiriyama’s gang, but Niida-san’s heart was in the right place! He didn't sound entirely convinced by what he was saying, but he was probably just nervous and lacking in confidence, perfectly understandable given the circumstances. What other reason could he have for wanting to find the girls than to keep them safe?

“I wanted to try and help the girls too. And everyone else, but also the girls. That’s why I’ve been here, because I figured people would think it’s a good hiding spot. If we get everyone holed up here together, then the smart guys in class can think of a plan to get us out of here!

“It’s just too bad Yahagi-san left already. She was really missing her boyfriend, and, well…” he looked aside, fiddling with his fingers as he unconsciously squeezed his legs together. He didn’t really want to recap his indiscriminate debauchery to Niida-san; he needed him on his side, after all. A guy like him would probably be pretty offended if he found out that Yuichiro had been trying to put the moves on Yahagi-san.

“Well, she left already. I hope she’ll come back. After she finds Yoji-san, I mean.”
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame

Return to “Lighthouse (C10) [Forbidden]”