Out Run

The wilderness of The Great Basin Desert outside of the arena, with the whole rest of the world on the other side. This area is off-limits under pain of death, so venture into it at your own risk.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Carrion Queen

Out Run

Post by Carrion Queen »

((Ximena Rodriguez continued from Your Uber Has Arrived))

((no post order))

Ximena shuddered and shook her head, trying to shake off the fatigue. She settled back with her back against the seat and her hands holding Claudia's wound together. Her hands and Claudia’s wound shared a soft shimmer. She tried to keep the skin together so facilitate the mending.

She was sat in the back of the black sedan between Stephen and Crispin with Claudia laid across the three of them.

As soon as they were a safe distance from the arena Alan and Ximena agreed to trade positions so she could give Claudia a chance at life since they had no idea how long it would take to reach civilization or a hospital.

With the boost, which she had a pretty good handle on by now, she was accelerating the time on the gash in Claudia’s stomach. It might not have been healing right without the intervention of an actual doctor who knew what they were doing, but the flesh was mending back together gradually.

She pushed time forward as fast as she could -- the opposite of what she’d done trying to keep Raja alive in slowed time. Ximena had failed to save him.

I won't fail again. It can’t. My stupid body has to be good for something she told herself.

She closed her eyes and furrowed her brows in concentration.

Ximena had a little time to reflect now as they sped down the road, rain pattering against the roof of the car and the windshield wipers squeaking gently.

I kicked some dude out of this car and stole it.

What was even her plan at the time? No plan, genius. Her rat brain saw keys in the ignition and made a decision. The collars, the Animal Collective, she had no idea at the time what she was going to do about any of it when she got back. Not until she picked up Stephen did she realize from him that it was maybe going to be okay after all.

That was also when she learned Austin and Emily were dead.

She took a shuddering breath, but swallowed it quickly and hoped no one else heard. Ximena opened one eye and looked around the car just to assure herself that they were all here.

Ximena had the sudden feeling of warmth and gratitude, which she chalked up to dehydration and exhaustion.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

((Astrid Millar continued from also that thread))

Astrid remained sitting wedged precariously between Cecilia and the gear shift. Every now and again, the car went over a bump, and something audibly clinked together in her jacket pocket. She held a duffelbag in her lap, and was sitting slumped slightly forward, using the bag to prop herself up. Her neck was crooked back a bit, and her head faced up at the rearview mirror.

The right side of her mouth twitched down into a frown. The left side remained still. Then the right side of her mouth twitched up into a smile. The left side continued to remain still. The right side of her mouth returned down to an expressionless line. She repeated the process a few times, and then blinked slowly. She turned her head downwards, straightening out her neck.

Her eyes closed.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

((Cecilia Moreno continued from Your Uber Has Arrived))

Cecilia's head was pressed against the passenger side window, watching the desert rush by. The bag with the gun in it sat on her lap, carefully positioned with the barrel pointing towards the floor so that she wouldn't accidentally shoot herself in the stomach if it went off unexpectedly. She hoped she wouldn't have to use it, hoped that they were past the point where anything like that would be necessary. But she knew from bitter experience that things were never over just because they had ended. They clung on, not just in nightmares and flashbacks, not just all the ways you had to keep carrying those experiences with you, but in little ways. Tiny little things that'd remind you the terror and bring you right back to that place of fear and danger, and convince you that you'd never feel safe or happy again.

This wasn't over yet. And maybe it never would be. But at least this time she knew what kind of life she had to look forward to. So that was nice.
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia laid in the backseat of the car, draped over the laps of three of her fellow escapees. One, Ximena, was in the process of saving her life by aging her wound long enough so that she wouldn’t bleed to death before she got to a hospital.

If Claudia was aware of her surroundings and was conscious, she would’ve thanked her. But she wasn’t. So she didn’t.

Instead, she laid entirely motionless in the backseat, with nothing giving away her status of being alive other than her deep but erratic breathing pattern.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

((Crispy continued from where everyone else did))

Crispy was curled up under his tail, resting against it like a pillow as he leaned on the window. Outside of an errant snore here and there, he was completely silent.

Crispy was passed tf out.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid's eyes opened. She brought a hand to the car's radio console, turned the volume down a bit, and then pressed a button. Static noise came out of the speakers. She fiddled around with a dial for a few moments, scrolling through frequencies. Eventually, a very grainy and distorted voice emerged from the static.

Her eyes widened. She turned the volume up and leaned closer.

"- but your actions do not bear witness. You set your dream on good things, but you have set your soul on foul things. You set your soul on whores in the street. You put a javelin through the heart of my command. You love the loveless, you have the love of the beast like a friend, the life of that loveless person is more holy to you than the love of God. You love the loveless; you have no eye for that great one who is dead. He says, Come and bow in the house of my friends. But you cast me out, you say I am corrupt and my sons are unclean. O brood of abominations, will your mother not be ashamed? Shall you be put to -"

She turned the radio off and then grunted out a slightly dour shrugging noise.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Cecilia understood even less of that than usual.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

((Alan Melnyk continued from Your Uber Has Arrived))

Alan’s left hand kept a firm grip on the wheel as the car continued on its path to nowhere in particular. He did feel an anxious prickling at the back of his neck whenever he glanced into the mirror to see Claudia in the back. Though Ximena was trying to heal her, there was only so much a power like hers could do, and now Alan was the one responsible for getting them somewhere that could help.

He probably should’ve lied about being able to drive, so that he wouldn’t have to feel guilty and could just sleep through the ride like Crispin. Astrid going out of her way to switch on the radio so they needed to listen to a preacher spout some fucking nonsense really wasn’t helping his mood.

“I think we should probably stick to the CD.” Alan sighed, having to awkwardly maneuver his bandaged right hand to press the side of his right hand against the power button and the preacher’s babble resumed. Alan hissed as he felt a rush of pain up his pinkie and ring finger.

They were supposed to be out of the game, and the car had now long passed the outer fence of that fucked up arena, but Alan still didn’t feel free, not yet.

Taking another moment, Alan’s right hand gently pressed against the button to switch over to the CD and music returned to the speakers with a song Alan wasn’t familiar with.

♪ Get up, get up, put your body in motion ♪
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue
M35-Muhammad Abbasi - "Hey, it’s okay now. We’re both in this together, right?"
PV3P: 1-2-3-4 | After: 1

M38-Nathan Kirchhoff - "Shit."
PV3P: 1-2-3-4
[+] TV3
ImageCK08FR04 - James Highchurch - “Okay, yeah. Exit strategy. I’ll… Yeah, I’ll think about that.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19

ImageBC05 - Gabriela Garcia-Campos - “This is how things are here, the way the show is. So I need to get over it.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1-2-3
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14
[+] AUs
International
O19 - Archibald "Archie" Harper - "That’s why we’ve gotta fight the fuck back, one step at a time."
International: 1-2-3

O11 - Jen Mara Tuiqamea (adopted from Cicada and jimmydalad)
International: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Supers
Alan Melnyk - "What you’ve gotta do is say ‘fuck em’ and keep doing you."
Memories: 1-2-3
Supers: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11
After: 1-2-3
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

The crackling words of the radio preacher's sermon washed over Ximena while she continued her work. She blinked slowly with heavy eyelids and wondered if maybe he had some kind of Gift -- a compelling voice, perhaps. That would be a good Gift for that type of grifter.

"You love the loveless. And the life of that loveless person is more holy to you than God."

Ximena watched Alan turn the CD back on instead with his bandaged hand.

"Hmm," she mused hoarsely, finding some meaning in the rebuke.

She turned and saw Crispin sleeping. He used his tail as both pillow and security blanket. His hands, arm, chest, some of his face, were swaddled in bandages and gauze. Even the bloody wraps couldn't hide all the damage underneath though. Claudia's gash had connected just enough that Ximena's hands didn't have to act as the stitches holding her together. Her hands were covered in blood.

Her mouth set into a thin line. Her right hand clenched into a fist, then flattened, then a fist, before hesitantly flattening once more.

I have enough energy, I think.

Ximena deliberated a few more moments, then took a deep breath and exhaled sharply through her nose.

As discretely as she could, she put her right hand on her lap, then moved it until the tips of her fingers rested on Crispin's wrist -- probably not noticeable to anyone who wasn't looking closely.

She kept a close eye on Claudia, making sure that she was still accelerating her wound to the max. If she felt her efforts on Claudia falter, she'd immediately move back to her just her.

Ximena regulated her spread of influence on the wounds of the boy next to her. Once she had it at about the size she felt was right, she pushed time forward. She closed her eyes and bowed over Claudia again. Ximena frowned slightly, unsure of her decision.

The flesh began to heal.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin twitched, and then-

“I amm is a lot faster than, I don…”

He resumed quietly snoring.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Get up, get up, put your body in motion
Let's do it, just start the commotion

Astrid's head started very subtly bopping along for a few seconds before stopping suddenly. She shifted the bag sitting on her lap slightly closer to her chest.

She sighed in through the side of her mouth.

The windshield wipers swished back and forth across the front window.

She briefly scratched at a dried stream of blood that trailed down from her ear and along the left side of her neck.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

((Stephen Sanders continued from Your Uber Has Arrived))

He’d been quiet for a while, staring down at Claudia. Every so often, he’d reach down to check her pulse, and then withdraw, satisfied. Stephen didn’t really know what else to do. He knew some basic first aid, but this was far beyond what he knew to do. Shit like the recovery position and how to tie a tourniquet, not closing a massive bleeding wound.

“…She’ll be OK, right?”
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Depends if we find anyone." Astrid quietly mumbled through half her mouth after a few moments, still facing forward. She shrugged with the shoulder that wasn't pressed against Cecilia.

Click clack, went the windshield wipers.

She was silent for a couple seconds.

"Is there a plan?"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Salic

Post by Salic »

From the backseat of the car, the half-dead Claudia shifted slightly. Her arms twitched. Her head moved slightly to left, towards the front seat. She felt the swishing and flowing of water over her wound, which was almost imperceptible through the numbness. Her eyelids fluttered open. They shut again.

Claudia mumbled something, nearly incomprehensible except for the two words “Astrid” and “boots”. She groaned slightly. Her head fell back. She opened her eyes again. She saw Steve’s face.

“Hey...” she rasped weakly, before shutting her eyes and letting one arm droop towards the floor.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Ximena lifted her head and opened her eyes halfway.

She turned just slightly to Stephen and then back to Claudia in their laps. Claudia returned for an instant as if to answer Stephen. Ximena reached over and placed the limp arm over Claudia’s chest. Her skin was colder than it should have been.

“Right,” she lied, with a whisper like a puff of smoke. She didn’t really know if Claudia would be okay or not, but there was nothing Stephen could do to make the situation better and worrying would put needless stress on him. There was nothing anyone could do for her besides for Ximena to concentrate and for Alan to drive.

“Heat?”

Now, Astrid. Ximena wasn’t sure how to respond and worse, she began to see the slight shimmer of time currents around them for the second time in her life. Ximena felt the pushing of the tide around the two pockets of unusual time she was controlling. She clenched her teeth, closed her eyes, and continued to focus on Claudia and Crispin.

“Plan?”

Supers
International

Return to “The Outskirts”