Hello everyone, it's me, Nagito Komaeda on the Nintendo DS

Near the start of the Keke Fortuna Deception

Before the events of SOTF: Cyber, the students of Sycamore High School were just ordinary kids with ordinary lives—these are the stories of their lives before they found their tragic fates at the hands of the terrorists.

Characters may be present in one sandbox (present) or memory (past) thread at a time, in addition to supplemental oneshots or multishots.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Hello everyone, it's me, Nagito Komaeda on the Nintendo DS

Post by Pippi »

“Yo! What’s up everyone? It’s me, Keke Fortuna, everyone’s favourite globetrotting chinchilla girl, and I’m here today with a ton of super exciting news about everything that’s coming up this month! First, though, we’ve got a few messages from our sponsors for today’s video. Guys, we’ve all been there; it’s late, you just got home from school, or, like, work, or trekking through the rainforest, whatever you’ve been doing. And you’re starving, but you don’t wanna go through the process of finding something to eat, and making sure you’ve got all the ingredients in the house - you just wanna rip open a bag of Doritos or order a pizza, I’ve been there, like, so many times, and-”

Out of the corner of her eye, Gabby saw her sister shaking her head, cutting her hand across her throat in the universally-agreed sign for ‘Please stop, you sound like a twat.’ Frowning, she took her headphones off, and rested them on the desk next to the keyboard, backlit in a bright neon rainbow pattern, before swiveling her chair around to the left.

“Ugghhhh, what is it now?” Gabby groused, folding her arms, well-practiced pout firmly affixed to her face. “I was, like, totally getting into the groove, there, Izzy! Plus I wanted to get all the sponsorship crap outta the way as fast as possible, that stuff’s so boring and forced and-”

“You’re out of character.”

“What?”

The pout very quickly turned into a deep frown and look of righteous indignation.

“Whaddya mean, I’m, like, totally in character!” Gabby continued. “I couldn’t be more in character, did you not hear me? I’d, like, even picked up on that kinda accent thing you’d started doing recently!”

“Oh, um, no, sorry, I mean… obviously you’re still killing it with the actual, um, voice and personality and stuff it’s just… uh, just… Keke doesn’t like pizza… is all.”

“... Huh?”

Izzy pulled a face and chewed her lip, before flipping backwards through the thick A4 WHSmith notebook that was sitting in her lap, front and back covered in dozens of stickers. From where Gabby was sitting, she could see that nearly every single page had been filled from top to bottom with tiny, meticulously neat handwriting, so small it almost looked like solid black lines - as if her sister had just decided one day to start collecting bar codes for fun.

Which, y’know, Gabby couldn’t really make fun of too much. Stamp collecting and all.

“There.”

Izzy suddenly stopped, and tapped her finger down onto the center of a page near the beginning of the notebook. It looked pretty much the same as all the others, as far as Gabby could see, and even had a couple of post-its sticking out the top and side, each themselves emblazoned with the same teeny tiny text. Jeez. Gabby didn’t think there was a single bit of homework she’d taken this many notes for in her life.

“Part Three of the, uh, ‘Spiderman 2’ Let’s Play,” Izzy carried on. “At two hours and fifteen minutes in, Keke says that she doesn’t eat pizza, she doesn’t like it cause it’s too greasy and impossible to clean out of her fur.”

She looked up from her book, peering over the rim of her glasses.

“Then some stuff about needing a ton of dust baths to get it all out.”

“Come off it. You, like, can’t be serious, Izz.”

“Check her wiki page, if you like.”

Frown still on her face, Gabby swung back around - with a little difficulty, Izzy’s SecretLab chair was still too big for her even after being adjusted, and her feet didn’t quite touch the floor - to face the monitor, clacking intently away at the keys.

“Like, even if it is there,” she muttered, still looking at the screen, eyes scanning down the page. “Does it totally matter too much? It’s one line in one single episode. People aren’t gonna, like, grab their pitchforks and torches if you say you’re craving Dominoes all of a sudden.”

“You’d be surprised. Trivia section. Not sure how far down you’ll have to scroll to find-”

Izzy was cut off by a sudden, high-pitched noise of shock and bewilderment, erupting from Gabby’s mouth.

“Holy crap, Izzy, excuse me?!”

“Told you,” Izzy muttered. “Said you’d be surprised.”

“How much information is in this- jeez, this is longer than most novels! And some of the stuff here… ‘Keke once fell asleep in a McDonalds ball pit, and took two hours to be found because of how small she is,’ ‘On two separate occasions, Keke has accidentally pulled the fire alarm in a shopping mall bathroom because she thought it was the lightswitch-’”

“Only once so far. But every story needs a little, um, embellishment. And there’s always time for it to happen again.”

“- and there’s, hold on. ‘CONTINUITY ERROR: In Episode 7 of her ‘Spelunky 2’ Let’s Play, Keke claims that she knows which way around stalactites and stalagmites are ‘easy peasy’. However, in Part 2 of her later released ‘Uncharted 2: Among Thieves’ livestreams, she incorrectly refers to them both by the wrong name.’ Like… what?!”

“Yep. People get, uh, people get real meticulous over everything I say. Oh, hey, there’s the section on Keke’s food preferences and stuff.”

Gabby leaned in a little closer, squinting at the screen.

“Yep. Yeah, it sure is. And it says here, her favourite food is… Oh, Izzy, no, what?!”

She scrunched her nose up and made a noise of disgust, spinning back around again to glare at her sister.

“What’s wrong?”

“Raisins? Seriously? Her favourite food’s raisins?”

“They’re a good snack. For chinchillas, I mean, I looked it up.”

“Izz, I hate raisins. They, like, totally make me feel like I’m gonna vom! What if there’s, like, a promo we need to cut at some point and I gotta eat those gross things?”

There was silence for a moment.

“Oops,” was all Izzy said.

Another heavy pause.

“Maybe we’ll need to get some, uh, exposure therapy scheduled, then.”

Gabby stuck her tongue out, then resumed her previous pose of arm-folded poutiness.

“Jeez, and you keep track of all this in, like, that one book?”

“There’s another one on the table behind me, but, yeah.”

“Man, you’re totally on top of all this stuff, Izz, can’t you record this one instead?”

Gabby knew, even before the sentence had fully slipped out of her mouth, what the answer to that would be. Izzy’s face turned downcast, and her previously composed and calm poise was immediately replaced with fidgeting and shifting, fingers tugging at the hem of her shirt and adjusting her glasses, repositioning in her chair as if the seat had suddenly sprouted rows of tiny spikes.

“I mean… well, um, I guess I could, uh, try to do it, sure… I mean, like you said, I’ve got, um, a lot of it memorised, and I guess I can, uh, um, check my notes and… um, read from them. I guess.”

“Hey, hey, no, it’s okay. It’s okay,” Gabby said, voice perhaps as soft and tender as it had ever been. “Sorry, Izz. I know you don’t like this whole scripted, pre-planned stuff. Doesn’t come natural to you, does it? I can do it, no problem. You can, like, totally count on me!”

A brief glimmer of a smile flashed across Izzy’s face, before she looked down at her now-closed notebook, and chewed at the same spot on her lip, enough now to leave a red, raw spot.

“... I know. But, um, you don’t have to do it, y’know? Not if you don’t want to, not if it feels like you’re forcing yourself into doing it. I can probably, uh, find some other way around it, put out some kinda… discrete casting call, or scouting, or whatever - y’know, there’s a number of folks who do a pretty decent imitation of Keke’s voice online - or, worst case scenario, I can, um… do it. Myself…”

“C’mon, Izz.”

Gabby snapped her fingers twice, an act that seemed to break her sister out from her melancholic reverie. She folded her arms again, let out an audible sigh, gave a little shake of the head, all actions that seemed at odds with the genuine smile on her face.

“If I didn’t wanna, like, pitch in and help with this, with all of this, I wouldn’t be sitting here right now.”

Few truer words had ever been spoken, at least not by Gabby McLeod. The moment she lost interest in something, it was gone, out of her life, never to be picked up again and afforded only the briefest and most awkward of glances out of the corner of her eye. It happened time and time and time and time and time again. It was… an effort, nowadays, even trying to pick up anything new, knowing that the moment her mind wandered, it would be nothing more than wasted time and now-painful memories.

She would do pretty much anything to make sure Keke Fortuna didn’t turn out the same way.

“You’ve got something really, really special going on here,” she continued. “I mean it! Like, look at all of this!”

She swept her hand back, gesturing towards the next great American novel that made up Keke Fortuna’s wiki page.

“This is, like, totally insane! In a good way! People really care about all this stuff! And it’s fun! It’s really fun! I wanna keep being Keke Fortuna for as long as possible - y’know, outside of the actual streaming part, you’ve totally got that all covered. I just guess, like, I wasn’t expecting there to be… so much.”

“It could be worse. Trust me. You don’t wanna know some of the info that’s on some of the other vtubers’ wiki pages.”

“Ew? Like, their - actually, no, you’re right, I really don’t wanna know!”

They both laughed at that, Izzy covering her mouth with her hand as she did so. It was her that spoke up again first, once the giggling had died down.

“Thanks, though. Um, like, really really thanks. This helps out so, so much, Gab, you don’t even know.”

“Be rude not to help out my little sister, wouldn’t it? C’mon, let’s totally smash this thing! No talk about pizza this time. And if I ever, like, totally go off-piste again, just prod me or whatever, make sure I don’t, like, get Keke’s favourite prime number wrong.”

“It’s 677. Just for the record.”

Gabby rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Izzy once again, before swinging back around to face the mic, big cheerful grin on her face once more.

“Yo! What’s up everyone? It’s me, Keke Fortuna…”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Sandbox & Memories”