Moose Egg

The Compound consists of the upper, above ground levels of the titular structure. The outer walls of The Compound evoke brutalist architecture, being composed primarily of concrete, steel, and glass. The building itself is enormous, and box-like in shape, with two floors above ground and two floors below ground. Despite the road, parking lot, and fence surrounding The Compound all showing signs of age, the structure itself appears to be completely intact. On the roof of the structure are an enormous exhaust pipe and a very large loudspeaker, the latter of which can be heard across nearly the whole arena when it is turned on, and is nearly deafening up close.

Inside, The Compound's floors all consist of the same layout, with hallways running around the perimeter of the building surrounding its central staircase, with rooms branching outwards from these hallways and facing the outer edges of the building. During the day, the interior of The Compound is dimly lit, courtesy of the glass windows common to every outside-facing room. At night it is completely dark inside, requiring the use of a flashlight for the average person to be able to see.

Much of the furnishings of The Compound have been moved around and overturned to create cover within the rooms and hallways, but cursory examination shows the most common furnishings being cabinets, flat metallic tables, and plastic chairs. Discerning the purpose of most of The Compound's above ground rooms is difficult, but flat countertops with fume hoods above them are a frequent sight, and some rooms (primarily on the building's west side) possess beds and were seemingly designed for habitation. Shards of glass from shattered glassware and scattered, broken medical equipment is common in The Compound's rooms, but not the hallways.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Reality started to dawn on Crispin that this shit might’ve been more serious than he anticipated. Yeah, they all saw the same thing happen, this was real, but people weren’t actually gonna listen to these fuckers right?

Like, Austin tried to get his ass, through and through. Sure he’s bitchmade and Crispy handled him there, and would do so again if he wanted to fuck around some more, but Austin’s got a shitty power. What if Noah decides today is the day? Of all the people to go pumped up kicks on someone, that little freak would have it easier than most. Point shoot, you’re through. What if Jenelle went apeshit? Kincaid’s got claws.

Like, Crispin could whoop anyone’s ass. It was a given. But like, a lot of people couldn’t risk using their powers in a bathroom brawl. Here though, things changed. Admittedly, even Crispin got carried away with Austin. He could’ve stopped earlier, but he also could’ve kept going. He could’ve killed Austin easily.

That… was fucked.

And when it came to it, if anyone else wanted to, they could kill him, or Alan, or Moose, or Jenelle just as easily.

“Shit man…”

Crispy kept his head on a swivel, listening for any sounds. He thought he heard voices and movement. Alan called out, so Crispin couldn’t have been sure. Whatever, people weren’t that stupid, they couldn’t be, right?

“Ayo! Cavalry’s here! Anyone back there?!”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

Holy shit? Was that who he thought who it was?

"Yooooo, Alan! Crispin! It's me! Moooooooose!"

Moose shouted from his room. The water helped his eyes. He poured the rest of bottle into his wound. It burnt, but it was a good kinda burn.

Moose's blue sclera eyes were still blurry and it was still visible that there was something in his eyes, but blurry was better than blind. Moose saw the blurry room, he saw his four-fingered hand. He saw things vaguely and it was getting better.
I'm so glad to be back !
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lincoln had entered the compound not long after waking up and reuniting with his soul sphere, feeling a wave of relief wash over himself when he unzipped the duffel bag and saw himself lying there. He’d been hugging his orb to his chest ever since, something he used to do when he was younger and was feeling insecure, but had obviously outgrown until this very minute. Definitely.

‘I have to find Mercy’, was the first thing that had come into his mind. She would know what to do, after all. Or if not, he’d at least have someone he could trust because they were twins, and even if they didn’t always get along they weren’t about to murder each other. Not when it wasn’t over who had to do the dishes, anyway.

Ok, calm down Link. You don’t know for sure that everyone is about to start killing each other. Yeah, there’s a collar around your neck that they claim is a bomb, and that’s not great, but they also said everyone had five days until they got bored. So no need to jump to conclusions yet.

He hugged his orb tighter, feeling his warmth against himself. He was still shaking, but he tried to remain composed. No freaking out right now, find Mercy first.

She would be aiming to go inside on a day like this, or rather, if someone was cruel enough to dump her out in the middle of the scorching desert. Seriously, these fuckers were obviously willing to kill people but didn’t they know Mercy would die out in weather like this?! But yeah, she was smart, she’d try to get inside where it was cooler. So if he hung around in here, he’d probably find her quicker than running around outside, even if he could see a lot more out there.

He would probably find her even faster if he was willing to let go of his orb and let it fly around one half of the building while he searched the other, but he didn’t want to risk being separated from it again. He was still shaken up over the hours of paralysis combined with being trapped in a bag, after all. It would stay with him for now. Not because it made him feel better or anything, it was just practical.

Plus, there were closed doors. His orb couldn't always do doors.

It was a stroke of luck that Lincoln avoided progressing far enough down the hallway to turn a corner right into Alan and Crispin, before they started shouting out. Seconds later, Moose’s voice came out from just a few doors ahead of him. He froze on the spot, fully understanding his predicament.

Shit.

He’d only had one line each to place the voices, but he had enough danger sense around Crispy to place his right away. One of the biggest bastards in the school was within spitting distance, with instructions to start killing.

Deep Shit.

His brain scrambled for an action, seeing a door to his side. It opened and closed with utmost haste, with as much care taken not to slam it as could be had in such a panicked state. Lincoln hide on the other side, still hugging his orb. He prayed no-one had noticed him.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

As soon as Alan heard Moose’s voice, he rushed for the doorway it seemed to come from.

“Man, where the fuck-?” Alan’s voice abruptly cut as he looked inside to see the state of his friend’s hand, now short one finger, the area around his eyes coated in something black. Alan didn’t take another step forward, eyes scanning the room for another figure that failed to appear.

“Moose, what the fuck did you do? We’ve gotta-” Alan was cut short once again when he heard some noise from further down the hall. He turned his attention there just in time to catch the last moments of a door closing. It was possible this was the person that’d fucked up Moose, but it was just as possible this was just some scared loser. Either way, a careful hand would be needed, and considering the way things had started for Crispin and Moose…

“Crispy, fuckin… you try to patch up Moose’s hand, alright? I'll check out what’s going on over there.” He gestured toward the door before making his way towards it, his steps careful, not wanting to give the impression that they were trying to corner this guy. Coming to a stop outside, Alan took a breath and then gave the door an easy knock.

Good to open with a bit of civility.

“Hey, it’s Alan. Uh, you alright in there?” He asked carefully. Alan hoped this wasn’t going to lead to another fight, and he’d do his part to make sure it didn’t. The three of them had enough trouble already.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Holy shit, dude!”

Moose was fucked up. Black oily shit on his face, his finger was missing, he was on the ground. Shits fucked.

Then a door slamming in the distance a second later and-

Alarm bells were ringing. Crispin’s fight or flight response was going haywire, and something had to happen. Crispy didn’t know what to do.

Alan did, however, and he seemed to get a grasp of the situation a lot better than Crispin did, so shit wasn’t fully fubar’d yet. Though Crispin wasn’t sure about the orders, he didn’t know shit about first aid, and if whoever did that shit to Moose is behind that door, Alan was in trouble.

Still, orders were orders.

“Call for me if shit goes bad, I’ll jump a motherfucker if I got to.”

Crispin walked in the room, pulling out his first aid kit. He reached for the gauze and disinfectants, not even sure what else he should be doing beyond that.

“Jesus Moose, who the fuck did this to you?”
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

"Dude, you won't believe what happened to me."

Moose was glad to retell what had happened to him. He had to get it out to confirm that he wasn't crazy or hallucinating.

"So I woke up in this room," he waved his arms to pointed at the room they were in, "and some girl, ink girl, I don't know her name, I had class with her once - she decided to steal stuff from my bag and when she saw me waking up, she hit me with this chair." He pointed at the chair. "So she fucked off with my stuff, but y'know I just outran her and grabbed her. But then she turned around and blinded me with this ink like she was spiderman or something." Moose rubbed his left cheek where some of it still was.

"I couldn't see shit, so she decided to come back here to steal more of my stuff! But then I followed her noise, grabbed this chair and BAM BAM", he picked up the chair and immitated what had happened before in the air. "I beat! the shit! out of her! You know, just like she was the vending machine in 8th grade."

Moose shrugged.

"I dunno, she must've had a knife or something with her cause she cut my finger off, which y'know hurt, and then bolted."

Moose looked around the room.

"So anyway, I'm missing a finger, it's lying around somewhere in this room. Could you help me search the floor? My eyesight's pretty bad right now."
I'm so glad to be back !
Slam

Post by Slam »

Hahaha Fuck.

Lincoln had jumped forward when Alan knocked on the door, and now he was staring at it as if it would fly open of its own accord any second, dramatic wind surging in.

Beat. Beat. Beat went his heart.

“Uh...yeah?” he finally called back, because he couldn’t just stand there hugging his orb all day. He quickly released it when he realised someone could see him cradling it in such an infantile manner if they just opened the door. It floated behind him, nestling between his shoulder blades, where it was protected from immediate harm. Hopefully.

Shit, he knew which Alan that was: Crispy’s friend. Not as much of a hyperactive chipmunk asshat, but not exactly a saint either. There was no guarantee he wasn’t going to beat the crap out of him, or worse. Ok, yeah, there was no guarantee he was going to do that either, or that anyone was, but now wasn’t the time for believing in the inherent goodness of his fellow students. Until he found Mercy, he had to be on guard.

He took in the room he was hiding in, eyes still glued to the door. There was a window he could climb out of, but he wasn’t sure he could get to it in time, assuming it even opened. A few chairs, a few overturned tables, but otherwise nothing that would help him.

‘What exactly would help him?’ he realised was the unanswered question.

He exhaled slowly, though it did nothing to settle his nerves. He couldn’t just stand there all day, looking like he was about to piss himself. He might as well see what Alan wanted. Who knew, maybe he would be cool after all?

Reaching his hand outwards, still trembling, he carefully opened the door halfway, peeking his head out through the gap.

“H-Hey, Alan.”
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

“Hey, Lincoln.”

It seemed Alan was right to consider that the interloper could be nothing more than that. Lincoln was small, didn’t have a Gift that lent itself to cutting off fingers, and looked scared even looking at Alan via the gap he’d set up in the doorway. Certainly wasn’t the type of fucker that was likely to mess with Moose right from the off.

Letting out a sigh, Alan stuffed his hands in his jacket pockets, eyeing Lincoln carefully.

“My buddy Moose is right over there, got one of his fingers sliced off by some bastard who’s gotten a little too fucked up on the gas the furry fucks gave us, I think.” He mused, keeping his tone easy, casual. It seemed like folks had only recently started to wake up and already Crispin and Moose had gotten into shit. They didn’t need another fight.

“Gotta assume that wasn’t you, right? Still, did you maybe see somebody run by when you came in or something?” He asked, curious if he could at least get a bit more information on what happened here. Then a thought occurred to Alan, a question that seemed worthwhile to ask.

“You looking for anything around here?”
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Ink?

Crispin tightened the bandages on Moose’s hand. Hopefully this will hold, he didn’t know what else to do beyond that.

Moose got bushwhacked right when he woke up. He fought back. He got blinded by ink, then- then Kennedy tried to finish him and took a-

Crispin looked around the room. There was ink, and Moose’s blood.

No finger though.

“Ah shit, what the fuck…”

Crispy stood up. “Moose stick with me.” He turned to go grab Alan. This was bad. “Alan!” Crispy called out.

“Alan it’s Kennedy! She inked Moose and gapped him! She took his fucking finger man! Crazy bitch is nabbing trophies!”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

"What! No!"

This can't be right. It has to be somewhere. Maybe it fell into his bag? Moose went over to his bag and rattled it so all of its contents would fall out of it onto the floor.

"Dude, I really need my finger back. I think one can like patch it back to my hand with like needles and threads, but it needs to be put into a box of ice or something like that. Where is my finger?"

Moose wanted his finger back!

Damn ink girl. Kennedy. Whatever her name was. She took his finger. This was beyond evil.

He stared at his right glove that has ink stains on it. Come to think of it, squids, fishes and other non-mammals pollinated like flowers, didn't they? Moose thought he saw something like that in a documentary on TV a while ago. And gifts sometimes had unexpected effects too. He began to pant again.

Oh god, I hope I'm not pregnant now.

Moose didn't want to be pregnant.
I'm so glad to be back !
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

There was a scuffle of glass moved on the slightly dusty ground and it was just nearby where Alan was. There was nothing there.

"Alan."

The voice echoed icily all around him.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Grainy bits of dust started to fall on top of the people below as more pops started to echo.
Slam

Post by Slam »

“What? No! Jesus fuck!”

Lincoln couldn’t help but gag at the mention of a severed finger. So people had already decided that they were going to get violent. So much for the inherent goodness of his fellow students...

“I didn’t see anybody come by. I thought I heard some people moving about, but you’re the first person I’ve seen.”

Moose, Alan and Crispin. Not exactly a great bunch of people to run into first of all, but at least Alan was being chill, and Moose wasn’t like Crispin as far as being a dick went. No-one had tried to cut off one of his fingers either, which was a relative plus. Again, he felt like gagging, but he restrained himself to continue the conversation instead.

“I’m looking for my sister, Mercedes. Have you seen her?”

Before Alan could reply, a voice jumped out of nowhere. Lincoln jumped in sync. “Who’s there?!”

And before that voice could reply, Lincoln noticed dust coming down from above. He could see the ceiling without stopping eye contact with Alan through the half-opened doorway, but the break in conversation allowed him to pick up on the popping noise above them.

“And what’s that?!” he asked aloud, as if Alan was supposed to know. One thing after another was putting him right back on edge.
Second Chances 3

Nu-BRAU

[+] pregame
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Even though Lincoln couldn’t give him any relevant info, Crispin shouted down the hall that Kennedy was the person that attacked Moose. That would explain the black shit around Moose’s eyes, but had she, like, fucking bit off his finger or something? If so, it meant that bitch had really gone off on some shit.

Any response Alan could’ve made was cut short by an apparently disembodied voice speaking his name.

“Jesus shit! Who the-? You trying to sneak up on me?” Alan spun around, trying to place the source of the voice while quickly running through the classmates whose Gifts he was familiar with in his head to try to place who could do some weird voice projection shit. His first thought was of Austin, but the voice wasn’t quite right, and the words definitely came from nearby, rather than wriggling out from within his own head.

He took a step back, glancing up and down the hall.

Return to “The Compound (Danger Zone)”