Parents' Meeting

#Sadball

V7 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V7 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Shiola

Parents' Meeting

Post by Shiola »

Hey folks! So for Meanwhiles I'm thinking it would be a cool idea to do a multi-thread event similar to #Swiftball. Here's the basic structure of it:

- Irene Stieglitz (Erika's mom) is trying to get the parents of the SOTF victims together to support one another, probably less than a week after the event happens. Partly to discuss what's going on and what can or can't be done. Her and many others are I'm sure looking for any place they can pour their energy and grief into.

- She's going to try and plan a meeting of the parents' at the Quinn household, as she knows Mark & George and trusts them. Given the circumstances, it is highly likely that the High School would itself be off-limits and is regardless not a place where I would imagine any of the parents would want to meet up.

In a sense, this is something of an anti-Swiftball akin to how it was run during pregame and the setting it's being run within. I figure it can open with a main thread featuring someone (authority figure/police/govt', NPC run by staff) explaining what is/isn't known to the authorities, maybe a friend of one of the parents', and then after that it branches off into other interactions.

At this point I'm mostly brainstorming, but it seemed like a cool enough idea that I should probably share it with the site and see if anyone wants to do something like this.
Somersault

Post by Somersault »

oooh! so, Adele's mother Shanelle is actually a detective for the Chattanooga police department, although she generally works theft and arson cases. She wouldn't know the whole situation, but she could probably bring in a colleague to explain everything in full.

but on errything else:

- Paige and Lester Collins may stop by for a it, but they might not hang around too long, with two other kids and Patrice to take care of, as well as Rose's.

- Thu and Dinh Nguyen would certainly come to show their efforts.

- While Shanelle would come, Arnold Jones would more likely than not stay home, having already fallen into relative despondence even before Adele was abducted.

- While Tom Brown might still be busy with his ranger duties, Hidilyn would certainly stop, probably along with Thomas, Mike's older brother.

- Considering Keisha isn't on the island, Marlena may not attend, but Keisha might see it as an opportunity to speak to some of the parents for her memorial project, although how that's taken is really up to all of y'all.
[+] mona lisas and mad hatters
ImageImageImageImage
Appearance Tracker!
[+] a soiled dove finding herself
Image Tonya Collins - Got messy. - Unpretty - TLC
Memories: Child
Pregame: Rain
Prom: Honey
Trip: Furbies
Island: Girl - Way - Delicious - Rakshasa
Tonya by Irina!
Tonya by Ryuki!
[+] a damsel no longer
Image Kelly Nguyen: Couldn't claw back up. - 1234 - Feist
Memories:
Pregame: Universe - Puppies
Trip: Interesting
Island: Holiday - Play - Down - Robot - Unicorn
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] a sheriff trying to keep the peace
Image Adele Jones: Believed. - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself - Lair - Collisions
Trip: Down
Island: Hunger - Darwinism - Mario - Lucifer - House
[+] a cowboy looking for something to ride
ImageMike Brown: Spoke up. - Oh, What A World - Kacey Musgraves
Memories: Timog
Pregame:
Trip: Life
Island: Steady - Miles - Dive
Mike by Ryuki!
[+] tumbleweeds
[+] the town crier whispered
Image Keisha Higgins-Bell - Scouring out her next scoop. - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Meanwhile: Wings - Persuasion - Everything
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
Keisha by Kotori!
[+] v8
Ji-won "Daniel" Song is just praying along. - I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
Anna-Lynn "Ashlei" Mercado is staying in the spotlight. - Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh?
DeDe Dixon is the best. Definitely.
Pari Shirazi has been wreaking havoc since 2000!
Abby Davis wants to be in the know.
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Lena Abernathy (Lucas A's mother) is the District Attorney General of the county, so she an authority figure within the government that could appear. Not to mention her and her husband's eldest daughter is a federal agent (although she work in the crimes division of the FBI, not the terrorism one) so they could ask her for any information she might have on the matter.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

We've already discussed this in private but affirmation I'm in.

More deets:

Steven and Karen Lorenzen are filthy rich, Steven is an oil magnate and has a company called LorenTech Oil, he's basically made of money. She sits on a pharmaceutical board. Not sure how open to a support group they'd be but... [redacted]

Ludmila Dragosavich would be very inclined to be at one of these support groups. She's an artist, more of a kind and gentle spirit. Her husband Radko is more brusque and wouldn't want anything to do with it. He's going to deal with this in his own special way.

Ifechukwu and Abeo Bademosi are people of the church, though Ifechukwu has a congregation that she'd lean on for support. They'd both be supportive but likely would cling to their church for support rather than a support group.

Franco Moretti is probably distraught, angry, and feeling helpless. He's a sanitation engineer though at this point isn't driving a truck anymore. Ileana Moretti is in prison, so she won't be attending.

Patrick and Jane Miller would be incredibly sensitive to the group's needs and feelings and want to help, want to do something. But their son is still wandering around town, so they'd likely stay away with the fear of not being welcome and not wanting to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Quick dossier on all my parents, in case there's anything worth hashing out in particular:

Beryl's grandpa, Issac Cunningham, being absent might be noted by some of the wealthy/connected type of parents. He's a local philanthropist and probably connected to a decent amount of academic and socially upper class circles.

The Cañizares family, consisting of Nicolás and Lismary, will also certainly not be showing up to the support groups in any capacity. They were generally as reclusive as their daughter is, only engaging in the community as produce and equipment suppliers. They probably did work with some small business owners among the V7 parents, but they were usually professional more than they were friendly.

Jacelyn McQuillan is a 'stuck in the same job for a decade plus' copyeditor and admissions counselor working in Chattanooga State. Maybe she dated a single father at some point, briefly and without incident? The MLM selling might make her somewhat known as a person since she's probably pestering old connections from her youth through Facebook. Her current boyfriend James Stilles works in an auto repair shop. Princess' biological father does not live in Chattanooga so he is irrelevant.

Carl Futscher owns a local plumbing business that does home visits and consulting for remodeling and the like. His wife Laurena is a housewife and probably knows few other parents if any- she was permissive as a mother and often passive-aggressive when complaints about her boy were ever brought up.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Expressing interest with a couple of my kid's parents.

- Bob Schmidt, Violet's father, is a freelance journalist who would be interested in checking this out not only from a concerned parent perspective but also as a reporter. Carol, Violet's mother, would not come, as she would be busy with work at this time.

- Anastasia and Kristoff Rudolph, Max's parents, would also be interested in attending a support group.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I'll bite, too:

- Lukas Zelenovic is an arson investigator for the Chattanooga police department as well, but he isn't extremely personable to begin with and most likely would not go even for just the support group. Karen probably wouldn't go either, but Abel's oldest sister Natalie might go for the support group.

- The Becks might make an appearance, but more due to Lemmy's prodding since I don't think Marisa would want to go.

- Both Sheldon and Laura Kirkpatrick would be interested in going for the support group
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

well this is fun
  • dante: dante's parents will be desperate for news but lucian works odd hours and rosa would be unwilling to leave the younger children home alone to go. venetia (dante's 16-year-old oldest younger sister) might go in their stead to bring info back to her parents.
  • ivy: hahahahahaha
  • nia: same general problem as dante's parents that they both work crazy hours but they don't have other kids to send; probably they can't go but catherine Might be able to shake it, i will think about it
  • axel: gregory and lisa would probably both go. being all sad and shit. this would make axel very mad if he knew about it tbh
also artem's parents definitely aren't going but one of zen's moms might just because zen is so sad and desperate for news, she'd just probably stay quiet as to who her kid is because she doesnt want to step on anyone's toes about her kid being not dead
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Marshall Gibson and his wife, Adanna, are a university professor and chemist, respectively. I don't know how much they could offer, but they'd probably be there. Marshall might be leaning more towards calling out the federal government about this and would be looking for people to help with any sort of political action.

Russell and Harper Lavell will be there. Russell, with his business connections, will probably be reaching out to other business types to work on a memorial or a fund. Harper, being a motivational speaker, will probably try to do a lot of consoling.

Antoine Abbey probably will not attend, as he will be too bereft to attend.
Buko

Post by Buko »

Michael Ortega and Jaclyn Jackson, the parents of Ace Ortega, will be attending albeit separately. Mike is a freelance A/C tech and Jackie is a post lady. Jackie likely wants to attend more than Mike but probably would ask him to attend in solidarity.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Violet and Lin Zhou (Meilin's parents) are probably going to attend, though they're probably going to be rather quiet for most of the party. (Say, are there any arrangements/expectations for siblings at this gathering?) Either way they won't be terribly notable, unless Meilin was close with the kid of someone who was also attending (a few of those, maybe we can make arrangements if you want?)

Meanwhile, Maria and her elderly aunt Caroline (Camilla's mother and great-aunt respectively) will be attending, and Camilla's dad, Jason, would have been visiting from Nashville in light of the events at the time, and he's probably going to be there too. Maria and Jason will be talking with others and avoiding each other as much as possible, and Caroline will mostly stick with Maria.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

I'm not totally sure which of my characters' families would attend, but if there's anyone who stands out to anyone else I'm quite open to discussions.

Juliette's mother, Amelia Marin, is a secretary. Her stepfather, Charles Marin, is an engineer. They're very on-and-off and have been separated but are probably back together in light of the abduction. Her biological father, Darrel Sargent, is an office worker in New York City, but has little remaining relationship with her mother and is very unlikely to come to Chattanooga, even if to some extent lines of communication are reopened by this.

Phillip's father, Edward Olivares, is a plumber who might have done plumbing for anyone at some point in time--he's pretty good at plumbing but bad with money. His mother, Alma Olivares, is between jobs. He also has two older siblings, sister Michele (age 23) and brother Stanley (age 20); both are in college (though out for summer session) and working part-time; Michele's graduation has been delayed because she spent a few years juggling part-time community college and part-time work before making the jump to a four-year.

Darlene's mother and father are Anissa and Roger Silva, an elementary school teacher and a bank teller respectively. They have a large extended family, a good chunk of which lives in North Carolina, and probably turn to them for most of their support, but they might be here standing in the background too.

Sven's parents are Sally and Thomas Vee, and they are both mid-level retail executives. They've had a rough enough ride with Sven over the past few years and more than likely sequester themselves instead of attending such programs.

As for those who aren't on death island:

Lavender's parents, Hannibal and Simone Ripley, are both lawyers, and Hannibal particularly is somewhat high-profile, with a specialization in taking schools to task. That said, unless there's some wrinkle in law/precedent I'm unaware of, both are likely advising against seeking to take legal action against George Hunter High--as far as anyone alive knows, the school took all mandated precautions and everyone went on the trip voluntarily. They (and Lavender) are probably not around this group a ton unless their presence is requested.

Alton's mom, Pamela Gerow, is a "professional artist" (she's living off interest from her lottery winnings and dabbling on the side). She might show up to try to lend a hand if people need or want it; she's a bit lonely but doesn't really want to tell anyone that Alton took off on his long-planned post-graduation road trip in the immediate aftermath of the abduction.

Misty's parents, Jonathan and Lori, jump between low-level office and retail work. They're pretty unlikely to show, and her older brother, Thomas, is definitely not going. Misty herself is quite possibly unwelcome; she basically begins beating the "Everyone was abducted by SOTF!" drum immediately and catches a certain measure of more widespread attention for it.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Lorenzo's Parents would possibly attend depending on if this is pre or post Tyrell outing Lorenzo as a rapist. his father Felix is a well-respected defense attorney in the city, and owns and operates the family law firm. Sofia is an accountant, and the two would want any information available. However, if this is after their son was called a rapist they may abstain as to not get into any arguments with other grieving families.

Regina's mother Tatiana is a big personality in the community and would be there 100%. she handles a lot of charity funds and other community-based operations and would likely know many of the other parents. Her father Konstantine may go alongside his wife, but the fact that his daughter is in a situation like this will have him drinking most of the time.

Jackson's parents Kathleen and Seamus may make an appearance, but as Seamus is very sickly and confined to a wheelchair it may be difficult for them to get him inside if there are a lot of stairs and such.

Amelia's grandparents would likely be more interested in staying with their coven and finding support there and won't be attending.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Mark and Laura Jackson, along with their son Kurtis would most likely attend. Mark is a banker while Laura is an elementary school teacher. Also, Kurtis is an animation student.

I could see Kengo and Emi attending, feeling especially affected because all their daughters were taken. They work for a local Toyota dealership.

Thomas and Victoria, Zach’s parents, would attend as well. Thomas is a manager at Publix and Victoria is a baker.
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Cristian Trevino is RSVPing

Return to “V7 Pregame Planning”