Lately Kiss My Ass Lately

Day 3, Post-Announcement. PM for entry.

The lower wilderness borders the village directly and is made up of thick collections of tropical trees. Due to the ease at which one can get lost or turned around in the wilderness it is recommended that people stick to the existing paths—or what’s left of them. Both patches of wilderness are also home to populations of monkeys, parrots, and goats descended from those originally kept in the menagerie.

Thread Limit: 2
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Princess could see the subtle detail- jaw tension meant something constrained. Shivering, in context? She was either being calculating or being empathetic, but she'd never quite been able to suss out the difference between the two forms of understanding.

"You're going to catch something. Same with Sakurako-" Princess added, expanding the conversation when she noted what topic dubiously smooth-operator Thomas was trying to chat up Sakurako with. Either chat up or totally genuine altruism, or some combination thereof, again Princess knew the methods of social engineering more than she knew the reasons for why.

"I have," she noted with a rueful smile worn boldly at her own expense, "far too many useless bits of fast fashion and thrift in my bag. Totally in character, of course. I can donate some extra layers to the cause, for both of you." She glanced back at the bag she'd left exposed under her own tree.

"Now, we can go inside of course..."

Something else occurred to her. Trapped in her mind, sticky, hard to get rid of.

"- That's all?" She considered Thomas, engine of her face idling in neutral gear. Blank and empty like a piece of canvas yet to be filled. "I thought there was more to Lucas leaving us than that."

She was sure Thomas had his reasons for lying by omission, but Princess had no time for that. Something about the idea of withholding information rubbed her the wrong way. Maybe it was the person they were speaking to, specifically. Sakurako deserved better than half-truths and platitudes.

"He's hunting down a killer," Princess explained with an eye to catching Sakurako's own. "Erika Stieglitz, if we heard announcements correctly."
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Sean wasn't sure as to what to say when Princess said she had clothing she could give to him and Sakurako so he have gave a nod instead before her attention was taken away. He wasn't sure what she had with her that he could use, but it was better than nothing.

As this was occurring Sean heard bits of the convo beside him. Resident minecraft expert had met her and she was trying to find him, if only to give him his shit back. Thomas said that he likely didn't want to see him. An understatement if there was one.

Sean hadn't been there to see what went down between them, but there was more than that and he wasn't the only one to notice.

He supressed another sneeze as Princess Spoke up and explained the reason why Lucas left. Erika Stieglitz. Still alive according to the announcements and dangerous to all hell and back. None of them had seen her when she performed the deed so Sean didn't have high hopes for Lucas's chances of taking her down.

His eyes drifted over to Thomas, blanks were still left on the canvas and he wondered if it was all to be kept hidden away from Sakurako. It didn't feel right. He knew why he didn't say it outright, it's not like you could just meet up with an old friend and then be like. "So yeah, I put a gun to his head and almost pulled the trigger..."

Not unlike someone else he knew. Sean swallowed and a bitter taste washed over him as he watched silently.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

How this little pit stop conversation was going kind of made her think of Cheridene's Spectacular Spill. It had started with a single step backwards, then rapidly went downhill. She wasn't ready to think of the game again, but that was probably too much to ask of them all. Thomas seemed so nervous for some reason, stumbling over words like...

Yeah. Like that.

Princess and Sean filled in the gaps that he wouldn't, keeping them from dancing around the topic. There was also an offer of clothes, which she was definitely going to accept, if only for the opportunity to see if she could turn fast fashion into something that would really catch an eye. Or a bullet, you know, whichever.

"So Lucas is probably pissed at Thomas for reasons, and he's going after a killer with his Minecraft sword? Did he forget that her boyfriend is also killing people?"

Everything was funny.

"Were we all this fucking stupid back at school too? No wonder there's no plan yet, good grief."

Her sudden raucous laughter was real, the tears threatening to fall from her eyes were too. She wondered if Dane would count Lucas's more elaborate suicidal stunt as trying.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Yeah, Thomas felt a bit embarrassed after all that.

Princess undercut him by filling in the details of Lucas’s little suicide mission, but had at least omitted the details of he and Lucas’s argument. Still, Sakurako seemed to take it… well? More as some sort of dark joke than anything else.

“Well, he’s also got a spiked paddle… sword… thing now.” Thomas clarified, “but it doesn’t matter much since Erika shot Desiree from, like, a mile away.” He was trying to ease back into the conversation so as not to seem like a complete dick.

He let the last bit of Sakurako’s remark slide without comment. Honestly, it felt like everyone was this bad back at George Hunter, squabbling and backstabbing and lying, it’s just that now everything was life-or-death and it felt like no one could adapt.

You can’t adapt.

“Anyway, do you need some time to rest that leg before we head back to the house you mentioned?” He asked Sakurako, hoping to keep things paired down to practical matters again.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

They were that 'fucking stupid', indeed. A flash in the pan of Princess' old weening arrogance bubbled up like the familiar bitter warmth of vomit headed the wrong way. Sakurako had been at one point capable of holding her peers in any higher esteem. Not so for Princess- not ever.

Laughter was infectious in the same way hypochondriacs were sickly. Princess giggled in spite of herself. Maybe because of in spite of herself.

Said nothing. Sakurako had the truth frankly spelled out. There was no plan. A moral failing, not even mentioning it being an intellectual one.
V8 Vibes:
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Pregame Relationships
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

There was more underneath the surface with Sakurako with her reaction to the news about Lucas and his "quest". She didn't like it any better than he did and he could sympathise with that as she seemed to actually hold the guy in better esteem than Sean ever would.

An unspoken answer hung in the air when she asked outloud. He did want to believe better of his classmates, but as far as Sean's eye could see and what he'd heard. They really were.

The laughter that proceeded? He didn't have a response to other than a chuckle of his own.

Thomas asked her about her leg and it was clear to Sean that it was time for them to blow this joint. He stood up and stretched his arms up high before settling his hands in their regular spot in his pockets.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

She wasn't funny, at least not naturally. Humor was a gift, and Sakurako was simply a student of it. But even if their laughter was just as bitter as hers, sharing this moment actually felt really good.

Yet, she'd said.

Maybe a different person, a stronger one, would have told them about what they'd been trying to do all this time. But she hadn't been lying, there was no plan and nothing to tell about but their empty hands. Maybe the joking around all the time back at George Hunter had been a put on, but being a damn fool? That was real, and it was probably why she still believed they could try this unknown stunt at all. But damn it, she wanted to to laugh with her friends again and again and again, and happily.

It wasn't her place to convince them to help with the attempt. All she could do was offer them a place to dry their heads, anything else was out of Sakurako's hands.

But before that, there was this. She took Thomas's hand in one of hers, Princess's in the other.

"I don't need to rest my knee, tis but a scratch. Don't make me go all gym rat and quote my numbers, Thomas, you know I'm tougher than I look. Oh, and you're gonna tell me what's got you so shook up later, if that's cool with you."

Back home they were bullshit artists, but here? There wasn't time. None at all. And because of that, her eyes met Princess's next.

"I'm sorry Violet isn't here with us. I would gladly trade one of these murdering fuckheads running around here for her, if I could."

It was true, Violet was a sweetheart. Princess kept her girlfriend to herself for the most part, but from what she could remember, she'd been a nice girl. She'd never know her any better than that, just like she'd never get the chance to convince Cheridene she could come back. That was what death meant, that was their reality. She hated it.

She shifted her weight and stood on her own two feet, letting go of her fellow thespians hands to give Sean a thumbs up.

"See? He's worried over nothing."

Adjusting Cheri's bags on her shoulders, she set off in an admittedly pathetic jog without waiting on a reply.

Not even a minute later, out of sight but in still earshot, Sakurako's voice bellowed in agony.
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

EXT. LOWER WILDS - DAY

Camera cuts to ((G031)) lying in wait a short ways away from the Clout Gang. Hands dirty and muddy and slightly bloody with one holding the combat knife out at the ready, huge grin on her face.

BUSH GIRL
Heh heh heh...

Oh, she was positively giddy! To find a group of clods to razzmatazz so easily! The luck of stumbling on this pitiful little group in the middle of the rain. This was better than fucking Christma-... uhm, better than her birthday.

...Anyway. BUSH GIRL KNIFE GIRL's heart was about to burst just like that!

'Twas a simple plan. Get one of them caught in the bear trap. The others come rushing to see what the hubbub was. Dumbasses leave their bags behind. Maybe steal some of their shit or at least tear their bags apart so they can't use them.

This was gonna be so beautiful. Myah. Chef kiss.

Oh! It sounded like step one was already complete, though she didn't get the actual bait set up yet but ya know what this could still work. Sakurako, the one who just randomly showed up and had a busted leg already. Guess that was her brand.

KNIFE GIRL shifted closer, and closer, and closer. But not too close! Not yet. She had to time this just right.

Any moment now.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Sakurako knew something with him, his demeanor, his voice, could be any or all.

Was she seeing the anxiety stemming from his failure and freak out at the infirmary, or was she just seeing through the fact that he was treating her so gingerly now, all his previous Sakurako-related concerns simply heightened by the current circumstances? Were those really separate emotions at this point, or was it really just one big mass of negative emotions strapped to his back?

He wanted to just not answer the request, but maybe he could develop some strong explanation later on. Or maybe not.

Being with Sakurako again was messing with him, cluttering his mind with more thoughts than he could properly parse

“I can, um… yeah I’m cool with that.” Thomas replied as he helped Sakurako to her feet, attempting to give her a reassuring smile.

Maybe he shouldn’t go with her. Perhaps it would be best for both of them to stay separated. It’d help keep Thomas’s mind focus and would keep her far away from his inept bullshit.

But you’ll still stick to her, won’t you? Follow her around like a pathetic loser because you can’t do anything on your own.

Sakurako took off quickly while he was still lost in thought, leaving the rest of them in the dust. Scrambling to get his bags in order, Thomas tried to follow after her, only to be stopped by the sound of her scream.

No...

No no no...

It was happening again.

“Sakurako!” Came a call from deep in his throat. Already, he felt a pain at the center of his forehead as he rushed to her, duffel firmly in hand.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

As he was getting ready to leave, Sakurako handed out reassurances and condolences. She was really trying to seem alright out here as she held their hands, but it didn't feel like it. Sean wasn't an expert on people or anything like that, hell, so far his record has been abysmal. But with her, he just got a feeling about it. A hunch, an impression, whatever one calls it.

She wanted to know what was with Thomas. A conversation that wasn't going to be comfortable in the least and it was going to be with a dude who looked to be uncomfortable at the best of times. Sean wasn't sure if he was going to be there when it went down, maybe come up with an excuse to stand guard or something. This wasn't something he should get involved in, besides he wasn't there when it happened so it was not like his voice was needed there.

She was giving him a thumbs up which he returned with his own along with a smile that he tried to make more genuine than earlier. They had a place to go to for shelter and some new clothes to use once there. Maybe things were looking up? He thought to himself as he watched her run ahead.

That smile vanished quick once the screaming started. He followed Thomas out towards her, running as fast he could. There was a single nagging thought in the back of his mind that he was forgetting something, but he shunted that aside as he ran.
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Sakurako had actually stunned Princess, when she'd paid homage to the fact that Violet had once been anything besides an abandoned and moldering corpse. Princess had been silent.

Sakurako had also broken that silence, thereafter. The rustling of bags and silent squelch of flesh and sole against mucky earth became hell reverberating. It sounded like it hurt. Princess didn't even know what had happened, and it sounded unbearable.

She was running too. Behind the other boys, her stamina a bit more of a question mark than an exclamation point to addend to her actions. She fell behind, a bit.

A lot, when she startled. The bags. Sean definitely hadn't had one. Maybe Thomas hadn't had one- she couldn't recall. He'd been motion blur like a foggy lens, racing forward into the horror movie lighting. She also didn't have one on her own back. She was naked save for her clothes. Panicked, but suddenly leery.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, she quickly decided.

PRINCESS pauses amidst the trees. The pause is quick, and she turns around and starts running back.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

For one beautiful, hellish moment, nothing else existed but her leg and the thing that had-

A bear trap? A motherfucking bear trap?

(It would be funny, if she could do anything at the moment but scream and cry.)

Sakurako shifted in place, attempting to shake the damn thing off but no, that wouldn't have worked even if something wasn't horribly wrong, and it was. She could feel it.

Not a hunch, or a notion, but the fact that shifting her weight from one leg to the other just wasn't happening. Horror and PAIN SO MUCH SHARP BITCH were etched on her face, and now she had an audience to witness her falling on her ass.

"FUCKING SON OF A BITCH, OW OW OW AHHHHHH I THINK IT'S BROKE!!!"

Agony!

Misery!

Woe!

If she could pay attention to the details, Sakurako could have conveyed to the two boys that everything wasn't all bad. The bear trap didn't have rust or anything else on it that would have made this worse, it wasn't damaged, and her skin hadn't been pierced. The only way her life would have been in danger directly from it was if she'd triggered it with a more delicate body part.

Furthermore, a good course of action would to pull her somewhere away from this area while covering her mouth, since the shouting could draw someone's attention and there was a chance whoever had set the trap had even more dangerous plans.

Yeah, saying any of that wasn't happening right now.

"THIS IS FINE!"

IT WASN'T, IN FACT, FINE.

She forced her hands into the hoodie's pockets in a sad attempt to calm down, looked up at Thomas and Sean and waited. Right now she was pretty well at their mercy, and if they did want to help she didn't want to get in the way.
VII

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

All right, it's Miller time.

KNIFE GIRL's hands were shaking as she made her move over to the...couple of bags.

Shit dude, this was easy. Why'd she even need Reuben in the first place?

Time was of the essence, so she pulled one of the bags closer to her, her eye drawn to the "B026" label emblazoned on its side.

Her heart jumped like a rabbit, her forced breaths huffed and puffed. Euphoria.

With both hands clutched to the knife hilt, she drove it into the side of the bag and pierced its flesh. She yanked it towards her and curved it back around, creating a semi-oval in the wall as its contents started to seep out like cheese from a microwave Hot Pocket.

And then she picked the bag up and shook it around as even more of its entrails rained out, water bottles and food bars and trash and all.

Some weird spiky fruit thing fell out and-

...Oh.

Oh god.

Jesus!

GAH!

What th-... what the fuck was this!?

A noxious odor suddenly penetrated her mouth and throat. She couldn't stop dry heaving.

One hand clutched her mouth, the other limply hanging onto the knife.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Thomas had no time to properly consider what Princess or Sean were doing as he sprinted to Sakurako. His thoughts needed to be focused on the immediate as he went to his knees beside his friend, trying to examine what the hell had happened.

She was still standing upright but had been looking down at her leg, which became the first place he looked and soon found…

“A bear trap? What the…?” He breathed, not really addressing Sakurako as he tried to piece all this together.

Though the jaws of the device had clamped down around her leg, they hadn’t pierced the skin, so there wasn’t any blood. Thank God there wasn’t any blood…

“Sakurako… I-I’m sorry, I’ve just gotta try to figure this thing out.” He said curtly, never raising his gaze to meet hers. He could deal with whatever soothing was needed after the fact, right now Sakurako needed this thing off of her leg.

Thomas began to feel around the trap, trying to find whatever button or latch unlocked the trap. There had to be one.

“Oh God, please let there be one…” He whispered.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Cicada

Post by Cicada »

PRINCESS first sees KNIFE GIRL as she runs headlong into the CLEARING. Her response is a brief moment of stunned silence. Then realization dawns onto her face and she begins to stalk closer with careful tread. BTFO GIRL appears to be barely capable of noticing the approaching threat, up until it strikes. PRINCESS grabs the closest thing on hand, the fallen DURIAN, with an awkward grip as she jumps onto WEIRD GIRLS back. Weight and momentum bring both of them to the ground. DESCRIPTIVE WORD HERE GIRL is now pinned under the weight of PRINCESS' thighs, a particularly awkward straddle ongoing.

PRINCESS
(confused)
What the hell are you doing? Teresa?

PRINCESS prods ADJECTIVE GIRL with the DURIAN, almost more curiously than maliciously.
V8 Vibes:
V7 Vibes:

Pregame Relationships

Return to “Lower Wilderness”