Reflections

#Swiftball, The Living Room, Open

Chattanooga plays host to numerous festivals throughout the year, from Pride marches to film festivals to sporting events; this is the place for those and other specific events, public or personal. Other threads that take place within the city limits but not in any other specified location also belong here. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization. Threads that take place outside the city of Chattanooga should also be placed in the appropriate board.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Oh no no no no no," Forrest said as she got to the door and realized that she had left someone behind. Stumbling, back over to Reuben and grabbed his arm with exaggerated effort. "You're coming with us." She said as she dragged Reuben out of the living room and towards the kitchen, a confused Michelle following behind them with the beer still in hand. She wasn't going to let him come to the party and then sit around on the SNES all night. He could have stayed at home if he wanted to do that, and hell, if she was going to be at her party and play on the SNES he was at least going to have alcohol first.

Moving through the layers and zones of noise in the house was a funky experience. There were so many different experiences happening simultaneously, everyone expressing themselves in their own way and having a good time doing it, well, mostly. People didn't even notice her as she dragged Reuben along through the throng of bodies that was making her house their collective home. Everyone in their own world. Talk of how good Mikki's party was reached her ears and Forrest forged ahead.

She was on a quest for the green fairy itself, although it was probably going to be clear. But that wasn't important, what was important was what it was going to do. They reached the kitchen and Forrest released Reuben to begin looking through the cabinets. After a few minutes of fruitless drunken searching, she found it, Alton had hidden it at the back of the cabinet they kept the plates and bowls in. The guy was a genius, it had to be said. Her hand reached inside and carefully withdrew the clear fairy and set it on the table.

"This is going to be sick." Forrest said idly as she set about laying out shot glasses.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

"What...hey!" Reuben cried as he inexplicably flew off the couch. In her booze-centric mindset, Forrest had manifested strength far above that which Reuben considered possible, even given the fact that he could fall through a mail slot if he stood the right way.

Exaggeration, of course, but not too far from the truth.

Try as he might, Reuben found himself unable to break Forrest's grasp. Clinging onto the controller for dear life, he eventually had to let go as the wire got too tight. No sense in breaking her electronics. Her parents had the resources to bury him and his family with a casual wave of their arms. Best not to trifle with them if at all possible.

With his fate assured, and no hope in sight, he simply stood up and started walking behind. He looked pleadingly to Michelle for any kind of assistance and she simply shrugged in return. Whatever would come of Forrest's quest for absinthe, this girl wasn't going to dissuade her from it.

It occurred to Reuben what was going to happen before Forrest even began laying out the shot glasses. A chill ran up his spine. He'd only ever snuck one of those really lame beers once or twice, and that'd had enough of a kick to make him leery about trying again. He considered himself a man very much in control of his own actions, and the thought of becoming uninhibited, letting his true self roam free and wild...

Well, it was both terrifying and rather exciting.

He caught a glance at the bottle. He didn't know what ABV stood for, but he knew that the number shown was way above anything he'd seen before. This was going to be quite the experience.

"Well...here goes," he mumbled, and just downed the shot. Might as well get it over...

Whoa.

Next thing he knew, he was on the floor. How did he get on the floor? Was he dead? No, those two were still there, but...wow, he could FEEL the vibrations from the basement. They were just...COURSING through him! His hands were tingling like...ELECTRICITY! It felt...powerful...

"Dang, that's...pretty strong," the voice inside of him blurted out. Who was that guy? Such a loser.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Forrest threw the shot back and pulled the most attractive face in history. She saw Reuben lean back as he did his shot. Then he kept leaning back until he crashed to the floor. Forrest stood there silently for a moment as she looked at his prone form.

"Huh," She looked over at Michelle, who remained stood where she was holding the beer. "Is he dead?" Michelle only gave her a shrug.

"I don't know, maybe?" Neither of them seemed very sure.

Luckily for Forrest, Reuben coughed and spluttered his way back to life.

"Ah, that's good." She said as she crouched down in front of Reuben. "I didn't want to have to feed another body to Frank the Pale Rider."

Michelle blinked a few times in surprise at the comment.

She grinned at Reuben. The guy really did not get out much. Truthfully, she had guessed as much based on...well...everything about him. It just didn't look like it suited him. The fact he had gone down from a single shot of absinthe confirmed it. She had to admit though, it was strong shit. But it was good, she enjoyed it. Her level was starting to return back to where she had been out on the driveway. She had been busy crossfading and mixing then. Now whoever she just had pure power coursing through her. It felt good. She felt happy in that moment.

"Yeah, you could say that."

Forrest smiled at Reuben as she held a hand out for him.

"How do you feel about one more?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Okay, Reuben supposed that he should rise off the floor. The thumping and reverberations died down as he, with Forrest’s assistance, shakily rose to his feet. It was like being out on the sea, the world seemingly bobbing to and fro. This was rather odd because he had never been on the sea. But man, how he wanted to now. He could do anything, whatever he wanted. He just had to believe.

And wouldn’t you know it, Forrest was offering him even more of this confidence-granting elixir. A little voice inside of Reuben’s skull told him this was a bad idea, that he’d regret it for the rest of the night; nay, for the rest of his life.

That voice could shove it.

“Yeah, sure,” he said, now assuredly himself. That stuttering guy was responsible for him never finishing anything, for never improving himself. He was always putting off anything that could make him a better person, because it was just too hard. Because it hurt, because it made him sweaty. Because he failed once and couldn’t take it any more.

What a miserable wretch. Better off without him.

One more shot. He braced himself against the table this time, and good thing, because the world vanished. Well, no, it was there, but it kept slipping out of focus. His contacts were in, right? He couldn’t remember.

Okay, there the girls were. Or maybe there. Or, wait, over there. Who could even say?

“I think maybe...maybe I shouldn’t do more. Things’re getting weird.”

That is, if he could find the door. He’d stumbled towards what should have been a door but it wasn’t opening. Felt like...yeah, this was a wall.

“K, I’m gonna go...” he slumped against the wall and slid sideways, his hand brushing the doorknob. Okay, cool, he was only off by a smidge. Everything was...........he woke up again. This wall was too soft, dangit.

Planting himself, he yanked the door open. There, see? He was just fine. He turned and waved at the two dozen girls in the room. Maybe one of them was Forrest. Who even knew?

“Thanks for the drinks, Forrest,” he shouted, slouching into the hall. There was something he was forgetting, but he couldn’t remember. Probably not important.

Now, where was the front door?

(Reuben Walters continued elsewhere)
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Surprisingly, Reuben agreed to another shot. That should have probably been a warning sign, hell, the fact he had hit the deck after the first shot should have been a warning. But while Forrest recognized the signs, she had a lot of experience when it came to ignoring them. So, since Reuben had agreed to take another shot, another shot he was going to have.

And so he did.

Luckily, he didn't instantly die like he did the previous time, but Forrest wasn't sure he wasn't going to end up dying on a delay. Still, having someone else there was better than nothing. Although granted anything was better than nothing. Hell, Eggman must have been a sick time drinking. He was massive and looked like he could drain a whole keg and keep going. That was the makings of a good night right there. As Forrest was running through the possibilities Reuben walked face first into the kitchen wall. It wasn't a good sign for how the rest of his evening was going to go if she was being honest.

Eventually, the school mascot managed to find the door handle and show himself out of the kitchen, leaving Forrest two shots down and no obvious person to do more with.

She looked over at Michelle, who shook her head before the question could even leave Forrest's mouth.

"No way in hell am I doing that."

Forrest pouted.

"You're really boring you know that?"

Michelle merely set the beer and cup down on the kitchen counter. "I don't drink, so yeah I hear that a lot."

Forrest leaned her head back and made an exasperated sigh, grabbing the table as she did so after her balance threatened to betray her.

"Why even bother coming?"

Michelle shrugged. "My friends dragged me along."

"Of course they did," Forrest said as she leaned on the table.

There was a period of silence.

"So are you sure you don't want a shot?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

"Did somebody say shots?"

A baseball-capped head popped out from beyond the doorway, peering into the room and looking around. At the sight of the occupants, his eyes lit up, and the rest of him came into view, a cold-looking beer in hand and a grin on his face. Ross Miller had been wandering from room to room, and with his friends scattered about doing God-knows-what, and his girlfriend somewhere in this labyrinth of a house, every new room seemed to have some sort of interesting shit going on within it.

And shots? Considering he'd only barely had one beer, shots sounded like a great idea.

((Ross Miller continued from Sunshower, Or, The Devil Is Beating His Wife))

"Hey, Forrest, how's it going? Love the party." At the underclassman that he didn't recognize, Ross only nodded. He was a tad embarrassed that he didn't know her name, but that was the nature of such a giant event like this. It seemed like half the school was here - heck, they probably were. Being a bit of a wallflower around the school had its perks - Ross was usually at most of the parties, and so he was known to most of the school's elite, if not super-close with any of them. He'd seen his fair share of parties both good and bad, and this one seemed to be going better than most.

"I'm Ross, by the way," he smiled at the younger-looking girl as he strode into the room and glanced down at the bottle that Forrest was drinking out of. Oh, shit - Forrest wasn't fucking around. Nonetheless, he was way too sober for life at the moment, so absinthe, of all things wasn't an unwelcome diversion.

"Absinthe, eh?" He slowly whistled in surprise at Forrest, who seemed plenty hammered already. Ross imagined that the rainbow-haired girl had probably been at it for most of the afternoon, likely drinking before the party had even started. That would have been the way he'd have done it, anyway. What better way to get through the perils of hosting a party than by doing it with a bit of a buzz? He knew that feeling well. Absinthe, though... that was a strong drink. Tequila was usually where he drew the line - that usually meant his night was ready to rev up to one-thousand.

But hey, he'd been shown the door, and had readily walked through it. Reaching into the pocket of his hooded sweatshirt, he glanced at his phone. No messages from Ariana - she was around here somewhere but she hadn't replied in a bit. No matter, they'd meet up eventually.

"Never done absinthe, but fuck, if you're all for some bad decisions, let's do it. Especially if you're not down," he glanced at the other girl with a smirk, and looked back at Forrest. At the very least, he had his beer as a chaser.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

As they were talking someone walked in that Forrest recognized. After struggling to place him for a moment Forrest's brain finally reminded her that she had met Ross at the zoo that one time. He wasn't a bad dude by any stretch but he hadn't been particularly memorable either. At least she guessed he wasn't particularly memorable since she was struggling to remember him.

She smiled as Ross agreed to do shots with her. Realistically she shouldn't have had any more of them, but if she was going to have more it should have been one. She was past the point of no return either way, but it was important not to pass out. She didn't pass out. She just got messed up.

With hands that Forrest thought were deft—but in reality, were all over the place—she poured out two more shots and slowly pushed one across the table to the new arrival.

"All aboard the bad decision train."

And with that she slammed the drink home.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

For a moment, Ross studied the small shot glass in front of him on the table. Forrest hadn't exactly prepared it with the steadiest of hands, and there was a pale green liquid that clung to the sides of the glass, but that was fine. A little stray liquid never hurt. Taking the shot glass between his fingers, he took a look at the green liquid. This would be a first - Absinthe was a new one on him. Raising the glass, he slightly tilted it towards Forrest.

"It's the only train worth jumping on!"

Down the hatch - and wow, that was strong. Though not as harsh as he'd been expecting. A lot of people liked to say that Absinthe made you hallucinate, or that it tastes like licorice, or all sorts of other things, but honestly to Ross? It felt like any other nondescript alcoholic shot he'd ever taken. Allowing the slight burning feeling to make its way down his throat, he nodded and took another drink from his original cup.

"Fuck yeah. Probably better than tequila, anyway."

He looked over Forrest as she unsteadily put back her own drink. He hadn't really chatted her up much before - that one time at the zoo notwithstanding, and she probably barely remembered him. Nonetheless, she was the host, and idle chatter when drinking wasn't something foreign to him.

"How you holding up? Hell of a thing to hold such a massive party. Kind of amazed you're not a bit more stressed."
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yep, that tasted like a bad decision alright.

As she put the glass back down Forrest considered doing one more, but even her drunk brain thought better of it. Instead, she replaced the cap on the bottle as Ross began talking to her. She ignored her immediate reaction to his comments. Who cared if she was stressed? It didn't exactly make a difference to the fact the party was happening. Her function was to have a house big enough to hold everyone attending, and she had served that function. His question only further proved that point.

"I'm good, drunk so that helps." She picked up the absinthe bottle and rehid it at the back of the cupboard.

He wasn't asking because he actually cared. He was asking because that was what he was supposed to do. It was small talk, one hundred percent disposable. Memorable only because it was so transient. The things he didn't say told her a lot, there were words he didn't use and she had gotten used to that over the night.

She shrugged.

"What's there to stress about?"
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Ross opened his mouth to respond, but closed it again suddenly. He supposed that she had a point. If she was drunk enough not to stress, why worry? Of course, Ross knew that he was a bit of a worrier at times. It ran in his family; he had his mother to thank for that lovely character trait. Hosting such a massive party would have probably driven him to his wits end. He couldn't help but admire Forrest for how she was handling it - even masked with booze. He restarted his reply.

"I dunno. I guess I know that I'd just be wandering around, freaking out. Worrying about people breaking shit, about my stuff getting messed with. People going where they shouldn't, and all that." He paused. "It's pretty cool that you're cool with it all."

Ross blinked away the last of the Absinthe remnants from his throat and chuckled a bit.

"Your folks just kinda... fucked off for the weekend I take it?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Yeah, they went on holiday. So the house is mine all weekend." Forrest gave a lazy finger twirl to punctuate her statement.

She opened her mouth to say something else but then closed it again as she grabbed her beer back from Michelle to take a swig.

"But yeah, I'm cool with it, why not." She gave a shrug and drank more of her beer. It was probably a bad idea, but fuck it she was committed now. She had made nothing but bad decisions all night so adding another one to the mix wasn't going to change much.

The thump thump thumping of the music from the basement reminded Forrest of one other part of her party duties, the part beyond having a house and honestly, she was getting bored.

Taking a step forward she grabbed Michelle's wrist and started to walk...ok stumble from the room.

"Y'know what, you should come and watch me DJ. Since it's like the only other thing I'm good at."

And with that, she was lost to the depths of her house.

((Forrest Quin continued in GT Ultra))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Nodding, Ross wondered if he had unintentionally struck a chord with his intoxicated host. She seemed to switch topics of conversation rather abruptly. Of course, she was absolutely blasted, so there was that, too. He was reminded of his own level of sobriety, which was still at an unacceptable level for how in-swing the party was. He really needed to remedy that. At about the same time, Forrest evidently decided that she was done with this particular diversion, and headed out of the room, towards the DJ booth if her addled mind was to be believed. Ross thought about it for a second, and glanced at his empty cup.

"Fuck it," he shrugged to himself, "when in Rome, I guess."

With any luck, he'd be able to get his hands on another drink, his girlfriend, and maybe a bowl of snacks, and not necessarily in that order.

((Ross Miller continued in Separation Anxiety))
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “Events/Other”