Something Better

A private date between Lizzie Lebowski and Morgan Dragosavich. No gatecrashers!

This famous landscaped park is located near the downtown area of Washington, D.C. It contains the Smithsonian Museums, various national monuments, and small park and garden spaces. The entire area is packed with tourists, and students are supposed to remain in groups as they go on tours and explore.
Slam

Something Better

Post by Slam »

((Lizzie Lebowski continued from Something Good))

“So here we are again, people watching in public.”

Lizzie looked at Morgan out of the corner of her eye, giving him a coy smile.

The pair had sat down on the edge of the fountain, shopping bags at their sides as the pedestrians walked by. Lizzie had gotten the souvenir shopping for her parents out of the way that day: a copy of the Washington Post for her mum and a minituare Washington Monument for her dad, which was funny to her. Now they were off enjoying each other’s company without distractions, in that lovely little summer time together.

Since Prom, the two had spent a fair amount of time together. Enough that it could no longer be called casual. It was nothing official though, not as far as either of them could say, but they were doing what they were doing. Were they going out? Only technically speaking. Were they boyfriend and girlfriend? Well that was just something they couldn’t say for sure. Had they kissed yet? No, but -

Well, they were having a good time together, and that was enough for now.

“Nice out here, ain’t it? I can see why people want to go into politics. You know, my mom actually used to live out here when she first immigrated. Back when she was still reporting for the Süddeutsche Zeitung." she said with an intentionally harsh effect. The name had made her giggle when she was little. "She’s been telling me about all the stuff I should see while I’m out here, too. Pretty sure she would’ve tried to take my place if she could’ve.”

She stretched further back into her seat, soaking in the ambience of the big city with a cute guy at her side.

"Do you think the stuff I bought them seems cheap?"
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

With a mock look of revulsion on his face, Morgan looked around at the surrounding area, and then back at Lizzie. His hand went to his chest in false outrage.

"This city? What gets me is that it's just... so - so clean!"

Dropping the facade, he laughed, and nodded, letting himself relax a bit under the warm sun. Lizzie had that right: it truly was a nice day.

((Morgan Dragosavich continued from Room 716: Adventures Through Time and Space))

Someone clever had once coined the phrase: 'life comes at you fast' and as Morgan found himself perched on the edge of the fountain next to Lizzie, he couldn't help but agree with whomever that amateur philosopher had been. The last few weeks had been a blur. They'd been weird, enlightening, and a lot of fun, but a blur. Reconnecting with Lizzie had been a pure moment of happenstance and yet, he still smacked himself for not doing it sooner. Maybe that had been his own failing - as a person, as a friend. He'd tried to forget the unpleasantness that he'd heard about her after they'd drifted apart, more for his own guilt at moving on from someone who hadn't figured themselves out yet. Of course, like all of them, she had changed and grown, and she seemed infinitely more comfortable with herself than he'd expected.

It was that comfort, he had realized, which was the biggest surprise of it all. The more time he was around Lizzie, the more time he wanted to be around her. They'd gone to prom - as friends, they'd surmised - and had probably had more fun than anyone would have assumed they would. It had been a silly night full of jokes, laughter, and more than a few eye-rolls from his pals, most of whom were now off on their own adventures somewhere in the DC area. It was cool - he'd catch up with them later. At the foreign newspaper Lizzie mentioned, he raised an eyebrow and tried to repeat the word.

"Sodd-doich Zee-dung?"

He failed with a shrug but tilted his head towards her.

"Damn, you totally should have swapped with her. I could have gone shopping with your mom. Hit up all the best spots, torn up the town. We would have had like, the best time, obviously." Morgan smirked and winked at her. "Though like, I guess you're okay, too."

She was okay. More than okay, he had been starting to realize. That they'd picked up and started to spend even more time together after prom was over had surprised him, but not really. The night had been great, and there had been - dare he'd say it - chemistry between them? So they'd hung out again.

And then had started texting.

Which had lead to more hangouts.

So now... ? He didn't know, really. Here they were, doing some shopping and enjoying one another's company. The Lizzie he sat next to now - closely too, how about that - seemed happy, and relaxed. It was a far cry from the grim and downcast person he'd seen slink around at school, the one that he'd felt like he didn't know.

He'd been getting to know this version of Lizzie, and he liked what he was seeing.

"I think you're fine on the gifts. It's the thought counts, right? At least you know they'll dig 'em."

At that, he sagged just a touch. He too had purchased souvenirs for his parents, but they were permissively lower-effort than Lizzie's had been. His father had gotten a Washington-themed shot glass, and he'd bought his mother a few postcards with paintings of landmarks on them. They'd been basically the first things that he could find, but he didn't want to spend all of his money on knick-knacks; his father would undoubtedly have berated him if he did. Who knew how the hell to please Radko Dragosavich? Certainly not Morgan. Instead of ruminating, he looked out at the crowd and back to Lizzie, forcing his problems away with a smile.

"We really should hit the monuments later, actually. I hear they get really cool and lit up and stuff at night. Might as well see the large version, too."

More plans? Why not. He was probably getting ahead of himself, though. He did have other friends, and he'd admittedly neglected his buddies a little bit so far. That was okay, though. He was just spending time with a friend he hadn't seen a lot of, so they'd get it.

Right?
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Sure, that sounds fun. Nothing like seeing Lincoln lit up on his chair.”

She smiled back at him, before pulling a strand of her hair behind her ear. It was a very pleasant moment.

“Was there anything else you wanted to do now, though? Still a few hours before night time, after all. Or we could just sit here and people watch for a while.”

Her hand was at her side, next to Morgan. It creeped along the fountain, making contact with his fingers. She squeezed.

“Because I’m good just sitting here.”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Perhaps it was the balmy Washington weather, or maybe it was just his enjoyment of the moment, but Morgan felt warm all over. Sitting here and watching the people flow through the area was interesting - all with their own stories or places that they had to be - but he didn't really care what they did, if he was being honest. As he opened his mouth to reply to her question, his attention was immediately taken by the fact that something had crept up and wrapped itself around his hand with a squeeze.

Morgan glanced down, and smiled. He took her hand in his own, and squeezed back, looking back up at Lizzie with a smile.

"I'm more than good just sitting here, too."

By design, they were sitting close; barely apart at all, but the connectedness ran through him like electricity through a conduit. The crowds fell away, the only thing in focus right now was Lizzie's smiling face. Looking at him. Giving him all of her own attention. It felt good.

"So, uh..."

He racked his brain for what to say. Morgan imagined his face probably got a little redder. Wait, was it his imagination or was she leaning closer? He could almost feel her heartbeat through her palm - of course that could have been his mind playing tricks on him as well.

Was it?

His mind settled on one particular option, and the more split-seconds that passed by, the more the two looked at one another, the more it seemed like the right one. So, fuck it, then. When in Rome...

Or Washington, he supposed.

Smile broadening a little, Morgan leaned forward and kissed Lizzie on the lips.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lizzie’s blush returned when Morgan took her hand back. Even though she’d started it, and even though this wasn’t the first time they’d held hands, she still felt just a little bit giddy. She didn’t resist for a moment though, naturally.

“Hm?” she smiled up at him, when he made an attempt at words. She watched his face turn a matching shade, but didn’t say anything. She wasn’t leaning closer, because why would she? They were just sitting there, enjoying –

The kiss.

How could you describe that moment? They were a pair in the height of their youth out in the big city, surrounded by good weather, greet scenery, and perfect company. Cupid had been taking shots at them for weeks, with all those near misses when they’d looked into each others’ eyes for just a second longer than necessary, but now he’d finally hit his mark in Morgan, who'd then hit his mark on Lizzie. It was her first kiss, and she’d remember it for the rest of her life.

Mostly because she immediately started stammering, flinched backwards, and fell straight into the fountain.

But she wouldn't remember it just because of that.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Morgan would remember the kiss too.

It wasn't his first, let alone his second or even third kiss, but this one was memorable all the same. Never before had his kiss resulted in someone falling backward into a fountain. He had gauged correctly; she had reciprocated, or so he'd thought, and then as soon as it had come, she had gone, pitched backwards with a splash.

"Oh!"

His face flushed red with embarrassment; for her or for him, he wasn't sure, he instinctively reached over to help, transferring his weight towards the edge of the fountain.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Slam

Post by Slam »

“You dick!”

She looked up at Morgan from her new seat in the water, more than a little irritated at how the situation had unfolded. Yes it was special that she’d gotten to kiss him but now she looked like a total jackass and like hell she wasn't going to let him get away with it!

Reaching back, feigning gratitude for his help, she suddenly shot for his wrist, grabbed on tight, and yanked him towards her with a malicious grin. Even with the size difference she was easily able to leverage him into the fountain next to her. People were no doubt starting to look at the pair with all the commotion, but Lizzie was only focusing on Morgan as he became just as drenched as her.

“There, now we’re even.”

She splashed him once more, just to make her point, before getting to her feet. Her outfit was, of course, completely soaked through, and with a panicked yelp she realised her shirt was quite see-through. She darted her arms to cover herself, as she questioned just how hard this day wanted to make her squirm.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

His assistance had been readily accepted, but it was too late that Morgan identified the grin on Lizzie's face as a mischievous one. Already precipitously perched on the edge of the fountain, it didn't take much for him to tumble back and join her in the surprisingly chilly waters of the fountain. Instantly a little more aware than he'd been before, he looked at her with surprise as she greeted his arrival into the water with a splash that got him squarely in the face. Oof.

Wiping the water away from his face, he couldn't help but start to laugh a little, his shoulders first silently rising and falling before his face barely contained the humour of the situation with a smirk. Blinking the world back into view, his voice was playful, clearly finding the humour in what could be construed as an awkward situation. After all, he had just taken a bit of a chance.

"Jeez Lizzie, if you'd wanted to hit up the water park, all you had to do was ask."

His smirk told more of the story than his words did, and as he wiped a wet strand of hair away from his forehead, his eyes went a bit wide as he realized at about the same time as she that her shirt was more than a little transparent under the water. As she covered up with a yelp, Morgan tried really hard not to stare.

He succeeded. Mostly.

His face went red again as several brand-new thoughts about Lizzie flooded through his mind, though at the forefront was the fact that she probably didn't want to be stranded in the middle of Washington DC with a shirt that didn't leave much to the imagination. Voice a bit more serious, he stepped closer to her and put a comforting hand on the back of her shoulder. Obviously the physical barrier between them had been broken somewhat, but he hoped it conveyed the right message. The air was warm and crisp and he knew that their clothes would dry eventually, but eventually wasn't now. Not much of an issue for him, but for her?

"We, uh, we should probably head back to the hotel and change."

He didn't know what else to say. Her embarrassment was his fault and that didn't make him feel very good. Throwing the feelings down into the pit of his stomach, he smiled what he hoped was a reassuring smile at her.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Slam

Post by Slam »

“Yes! Yes please!”

She was full on red in the face now, as that stomach fluttering kiss from seconds before had been overshadowed by her new situation. As much as she enjoyed being in the centre of attention, it was more about people being able to laugh than to letting everyone in D.C. see through her shirt. That was definitely not the kind of audience she was after.

It was awkward to step out the fountain without her arms, as she refused to move them away from her chest. The two started heading back, Morgan carrying the bags due to his arms' comparable availability. She kept her own clenched tightly and focused on where she was going, rather than looking around to see how many people were staring at them. At least the hotel and a fresh pair of opaque clothes wasn’t too far away.

((Morgan and Lizzie, to be continued))
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans

Return to “The National Mall”