Eclipse

Amelia Oneshot. After 12am day 4.

The woods themselves are still lush and green, with copious amounts of vegetation. Due to all the foot travel over the years, paths are still present even as the ferns start to grow. Despite this, it is still easy to get lost if one was to venture off the path as the woods are quite densely packed.

Thread Limit: 3
Tonyksin

Eclipse

Post by Tonyksin »

[Amelia Fischer Continued From Know Your Enemy]

Jonathan left. Took his bags with him and left the hideaway the group had found in the woods. Amelia wondered why. Another person was leaving them. She didn’t understand. Declyn soon followed after him. He didn’t take any bags. Declyn would come back, right? He promised not to leave her alone. Friends don’t break promises. They snuck off into the night, but Amelia didn’t try to stop them.

Why? She saw them go, even if they didn’t think she did.

After all, she was telling more lies about sleeping. Just laying there and pretending she was off in dreamland. Really she was listening. To everything people said and everything they did while they thought she was asleep.Amelia couldn’t sleep. Not now, and not the night before and not the night before that. Sleep scared her. She didn’t want to sleep. Last time she slept she woke up feeling so strange and horrible and scared and she didn’t want to feel that way ever again. Not ever.

Theo was still asleep nearby. She could hear the sounds of his even breathing even over the rainfall. She sat up from her position under her sweater. She lay the makeshift blanket on top of her bag, careful not to let it get wet from the ground. Not that it would do much. Her own clothes were still soaked from their days spent in the rain. Her hair was even more wild and unmanageable that usual. Probably because it was dirty. She’d never been good at maintaining it anyway. What did it matter in the end?

Amelia stood, looking over at the sleeping form of Theo. He hadn’t moved, so she was in the clear. Amelia looked out to where Declyn and Jonathan had disappeared off to. She wondered how long it would be until they were back. She supposed it didn’t matter. She could always make something up if she was caught.

More lies. She felt a rush of shame.

Friends weren’t supposed to lie.

But she needed some time. Alone. Because… ever since they’d been trapped here her soul felt like it was cracking apart. She needed to mend it. To halt any more damage. Her spirit was crying out. It needed care. She needed to pray. To whatever spirits would heed her call on this island of nightmares and sadness. She left her bag behind. She would return for it. Return for the others. She loathed being alone. But it was important for now.

Amelia eventually found a small clearing. The trees didn’t block the sky here, and Amelia could look up into the storm as it rained down around her, washing away all the awful feelings that had been threatening to overtake her spirit. She stared up at the broken sky, and wished the clouds would part, even if just for a moment. She desperately wished to see the stars and moon. She raised her arms into the air and took a few deep breaths. The rain soaked her to the brim. She let the water wash away her fear. Her regrets. Her anxiety. Water was healing. Rain came, and then a new start when it was over.

She had to believe that.

This place was filled with bad omens and angry spirits. Amelia needed protection. For herself, yes, and also for her friends. She fell to her knees softly, and leaned back a bit, face pointed to the sky, and her arms out to the sides, hovering in the air as she recalled the correct prayer.

“Spirit of the wolf, you who wanders these wild lands.” Fitting for this island.

“You who stalks in silent shadows, you who runs and leaps between the moss-covered trees.” She felt a rush of energy as she spoke, as if the spirit had indeed heard her call.

“ Lend us your primal strength, and the wisdom of your golden-” She messed up.

“I mean glowing eyes.” Nice save.

“Teach me to relentlessly track my desires, of which now is to find my friends, and to stand in defense of those I love.” She took another deep breath.

“Show me the hidden paths and the moonlit fields, fierce spirit. Walk with us in our solitude, howl with us in our joyousness.” She opened her eyes now and wrapped her arms around her chest to finish the prayer.

“And guard me as I move through this world.”

Satisfied, Amelia shakily stood and let out a contented sigh. She didn’t really have the necessary tools for the prayer, as she had no candles or oils or offerings, but she figured the spirits would understand. Stuff like that wasn’t exactly easy to find right now. She hoped everyone she wanted to be protected would be.

She’d said it for Declyn, who she was glad to have beside her.

For Dolly, whom she wanted to find so badly.

For Violet, who the spirits would also love and adore.

For Theo and Jonathan, who she’d just met but had become fond of.

For Ivy and Ace, who she wished nothing but the best.

Even for Lori, who she knew deep down was better than the others said.

And for herself, so that she didn’t have to suffer losing anyone else.

That’s what she wished for.

Amelia turned and made her way back to the campsite.

Perhaps she would try and sleep after all. She felt herself tense up. No… not today. Maybe tomorrow.

[Amelia Fisher Continued In Everlasting]
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD