No More Heroes

Open but Bethan will be coming back eventually

The open deck of the cruise ship is still a fairly cramped expanse—stairways and access points to the bowels and corridors are numerous, as are ladders over the edge, and a number of lifeboats provide potential cover. Elsewhere, benches and folding chairs create small circles suitable for conversation. From the deck, one can take in almost all of the flotilla with a little walking; only the clipper ship's crow's nest offers a higher vantage point.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

No More Heroes

Post by Espi »

((Kaya Robinson continued from Someone Who Needs Me))

Kaya sat cross-legged on the far side of the deck, rifle resting in her lap. Arms crossed, teeth gritted, breathing hard, eyes red. She'd been sitting there for a little while, seething.

Occasionally she drank from the mostly-empty bottle of water next to her, rubbing her throat. She rubbed her eyes. Once or twice she looked up, as though to speak, but then the light in her eyes died out and she settled back down again.

Resting her chin on her fist and her elbow on her knee, she waited.
Espi

Post by Espi »

The announcements came and went. Kaya didn't move from her spot.

She frowned as Stokes was announced as dead. She furrowed her brow at Sofia's mention. She briefly raised an eyebrow as Nadine's death was described.

Kaya also nodded absently at them mention of the Buccaneers. But she didn't stand up or move around.

Finally, Kaya sighed and slouched her shoulders as the announcements finished. She crossed her arms.

"Anyone there? Stephanie? Whoever else is mentoring now? Dunno how that works. I need advice about, uh, well, this." Kaya gestured vaguely. "I don't know what to do now."
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

"Still me.

"And I'm... a bit less than sure, myself. Stay here. Wait for Bethan to rejoin. Try and... figure out what exactly to do in the case that she doesn't."
Espi

Post by Espi »

"Well, yeah," Kaya replied

Her expression role a little bit, a bit of bite crossing through her eyes. "I mean with what happened with us. Like..."

She shook her head. "I fucked up, right? I kinda...you know. I didn't do it right. What I wanted to do. Like, she's pissed at me, I'm sure, and she should be, right? I lied. A lot. About important stuff."

Kaya stared off in the direction of the door across the deck. "I dunno what I thought was going to happen. I guess I figured I'd tell her when we got home. Dunno."
Wham Yubeesling

"The... the best way we could've done this is make it clear from the start. That way... she wouldn't have taken it well either way, but... at least then she would've just had to deal with the fact that this is real. She wouldn't have had to find out about how everybody around her lied about it.

"And, um, I mean it when I say 'everyone.' I should've said something too. I just... had been busy with other stuff the first time she mentioned it, didn't even know myself until it was too late to feasibly correct course.

"What I'm trying to say is that you're not the only one who messed this up. I, um...

"I should say sorry to her. When I can."
Wham Yubeesling

"No wait, hold on, let me actually say what I meant to say: it's not all your fault. You did what you thought was the better choice, given the... strange circumstance. It might have not been the correct one, but...

"Sorry. Can't... think of what to say next. Just try not to put all the blame on yourself, kay?"
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya shrugged.

"I suppose," she replied quietly, her gaze drooping to the floor. "Thanks. It does help."

Uncrossing her legs, Kaya sighed. "I guess just...find her, have her come back, whatever, then try to win. I guess it's the two of us and then two more people, so maybe hook up with them. Then just, you know, go home.

"But yeah, I appreciate it. I'll figure--"

Clank.

Kaya lifted her head as a distant sound reached her. She narrowed her eyes and before springing up to her feet and clutching the edges of her coat.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Clank.

((Bethan Gayle continued from Don't Shake))

It was a good thing she hadn’t been attempting to be stealthy in any way, because the combination of her boots and the cruise ship’s metal staircases really made that whole endeavour impossible.

She knew that she really should be trying to be much more inconspicuous, or as incognito as one could be in the outfit she was wearing, now that she was fully aware of the gravity of her surroundings. And she would be, going forwards. This was a brand-new, fresh start for her. She was at square one of the game, and she would have to play it extra smart and extra vigilant, cause everybody else was on, like, square fifty-four by now.

But right now, she wanted someone to find her; one specific person, to be more accurate.

And hey. Lo and behold. There she was. Not too far away from where she’d been abandoned, either.

“A… Ahoy there, c-cap’n…”

She gave a very shaky salute, and an even shakier smile, standing a few feet away from Kaya.

“I’m back…”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Espi

Post by Espi »

The sigh of relief was audible from across the deck as Kaya dropped her hands from the trenchcoat and more or less ran across the deck towards Bethan, stopping just short of the other girl.

"You don't..." Kaya paused, her smile faltering. "You don't have to call me that, you know."

Kaya took a breath and looked around. "Right, so technically the plan hasn't changed all that much, if that helps. We--and whoever else is left on our team--can just make it to the end and go home from there. So we'll just...do that I guess."

Her gaze drifted out towards the sea, away from Bethan.

"I am really sorry, though."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“Hey, hey, it’s… it’s all fine now. I forgive you. I promise. And… and a Buccaneer can’t break her promise!”

She tried to inject her last few words with the familiar, buoyant enthusiasm she’d been showcasing for the past couple of days, but she could tell that it rang hollow as soon as they left her mouth. She really didn’t need to do it just yet, she was just forcing the act while she and Kaya were still hurting and while they both knew they were still hurting. They just needed a bit more time, now that all the truth had finally come to light.

So Bethan did some quick mental mathematics instead, and figured out the best way to hold her spear for what she wanted to do, and adjusted her bandana a little, and made sure her gun wouldn’t clatter out of her pocket, and then she stepped forwards and wrapped her arms tightly around Kaya, pressing her face into their neck, gently trembling.

“I’m… Oh, Kaya, I’m so sorry, I got so overwhelmed by, by everything, and I just panicked and I just needed to run and I think I made everything worse before I made it better and I’m sorry but I’m back now and… and I’m not gonna run again. I promise. I’ll be… I’ll be First Mate Bethan, until the end.”

She smiled at that, and let out a genuine, soft giggle, earnest and warm but undeniably melancholy underneath.

“I know… I know I don’t need to do this any more, but… um…”

She felt her fingers tighten into Kaya’s jacket as she clung to them, holding them close in her embrace.

“What else… do we have left, other than The Buccaneers?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya nodded slowly, tentatively, only to nearly start backwards when Bethan embraced her.

After a moment, she let out a single, relieved laugh and returned the hug, letting her arms wrap themselves around the other girl

"It's okay. I...well, you know." she said after a little while. Finally, when the two stepped apart, she left her hands on Bethan's shoulders. "I don't know. I mean, about the other stuff. Not--" She cut herself off. "We've got each other, and that's all we need to make it out of here."

Her fingers drifted down to Bethan's hand. "We'll just stay positive--like, normal positive--and it'll be fine. We've made it this far, right?"
Slam

Post by Slam »

Unbelievable.

((Amy Barrows-Shaw continued from The Connections We Make and Lose))

She thought when she returned to the deck she’d find some bags she missed, and maybe have a chance to pay her proper respects to RJ. She hadn’t expected to find Kaya and Bethan still up here, alive and well, and mid-hug, not after their encounter with Seo.

She wasn’t sure why really, but it made her angry. Almost as if she’d been betrayed by allies she’d never managed to keep. It didn’t show in her face, as these things so rarely did, but her fingers squeezed around the grip of the gun that almost never left her hand now.

She thought of how she could approach the two from the doorway she stood in. Did she want to approach the two? She was still outnumbered, and they were still buccaneers. Bethan in particular had made it clear she was embracing that role.

But neither of them had attacked her before hand, and she wanted to know what had happened with Seo. Actually, she needed to know, for her own safety.

So she thought she’d take the gamble. She even kept the gun low, though in plain sight. Stay sharp Amy: they’re still the enemy, and you’re still outnumbered.

“Hey.” she called out, barely over a mutter. She had to try again to project her voice, as she usually did when faced with nerves. “Hey.” she repeated. It was louder than before, but not by much.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“Yeah… yeah, you’re right…”

Her hand found it’s way into Kaya’s as she spoke, their fingers enlacing together, that welcome, familiar feeling of warmth and safety washing over her once again, just like it had when they’d been wandering the jetties with Emmett and Amanda. It wasn’t all the same, of course. Especially now that she knew Emmett was dead, and not just scowling away on some boat leased out to the production company. And, oh it seemed so obvious now, that had been why Kaya had dragged her away from the rest of the crew in the first place, so that they didn’t give the game away instantly. This feeling of safety did not guarantee safety. That was the main thing, the most important thing, that she had taken onboard since last time.

But it made her feel like hope was still out there, just brushing against her fingertips. That this sensation of sanctuary was achievable, that they could reach it, just so long as they stayed safe, and that they stayed smart.

And that they stayed together.

“I’m good at that. Um, thinking positively I mean, you, uh, probably know that already, aha.”

She gave a little sigh after her little laugh. Her words were spoken in a hushed tone meant only for Kaya, not that the tiny camera looped around her neck would care in the slightest about her intentions.

“I know that this… um, that everything could end in tears. I know. I know that now. But… but it doesn’t have to, does it? We’ve gotten this far. We can go further. We can… can go to the end. Nothing says we can’t. We’re… We’re the Buccaneers, right? Show no fear in the face of danger!

… Even when we’re quaking in our boots.”

Bethan smiled, and then she squeezed Kaya’s hands, and then she heard someone calling to them. Although, ‘calling’ was a little bit of a misnomer; the voice was louder than hers had been just now, but if the breeze had picked up even a fraction, then it might have been totally lost. She turned, knuckles whitening against the haft of her pike, hoping with every fibre of her being that she wasn’t about to face Seo-yun with a change of heart, or Anthony, or Fisk, or…

It wasn’t any of them. It was Amy, once again. Bethan had… well, she hadn’t forgotten about her, not in the slightest, she would have felt even more awful if she’d just totally misremembered her friend. But her whereabouts, after the Seo-yun incident, hadn’t been anywhere close to the front of her mind. Her absence hadn’t even registered when she’d returned back to the top deck; Bethan guessed that meant she’d also fled the scene when she’d heard that Seo-yun was downstairs.

And now, here she was. A friendly face. Back once more.

“Oh! Um, hi Amy!”

Bethan called out to her friend. She didn’t wave this time. She gave a smile, and a greeting, but she tried her best to keep the peppiness on a simmer, for the moment at least.

“Are you… are you alright? Everything, um… shipshape?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya clutched Bethan's hand firmly and nodded. Her smile no longer reached her eyes, which darted past Bethan's head.

"It doesn't, no," she said, tone still light. "We can make it."

Her gaze settled on Amy as she called out and approached. "Hey. You missed the excitement." Kaya gave a lopsided grin. "Well, no not really, Seo-yun just kind of left after you did."
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Oh.”

Amy’s response was simple and flat. Seo had just left without killing either of them. It was almost anti-climatic. Had she overreacted?

She remembered Nura and Virginia. She remembered the shotgun pointed at her face. No, she hadn’t.

Bethan and Kaya looked so unchanged to Amy, as if she hadn’t even left. It made her uncomfortable, because she’d been so sure that they had been reduced to bloodstains on the floor. She knew she wasn’t good at reading people, but she didn’t like that she’d misjudged the situation so much. It was dangerous in a world like SOTF-TV.

She wasn’t sure what to do next. They were just kind of stood there, waiting for something to happen. There was that feeling that she should be saying something.

“Sorry,” she defaulted to. “for leaving, I mean. I wasn’t sure what to do.”

Accurate, but not sincere.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2

Return to “Cruise Ship: Deck”