Q&A

Discussion, planning, and so on regarding the New Battle Royale AU may be conducted here. Please remember that private threads are forbidden in this version, so don't go too wild with heavy planning!

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Q&A

Post by MurderWeasel »

Questions, suggestions, etc regarding the BRAU2? This is where you should put them! This is here instead of in Important Information because that forum has gated posting for character-selection purposes.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

I’m dumb where do I sent my list
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Are we going to vote on which director we're going to have (like in the first BRAU), or has it already been decided to be Sakamochi (as implied by the stated prioritization of the novel's canon)?
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Seeing how we are going by the novel, does that mean the game takes place 50 times per year?
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Lilith wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:14 pm I’m dumb where do I sent my list
Here!
Skraal wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:42 pm Are we going to vote on which director we're going to have (like in the first BRAU), or has it already been decided to be Sakamochi (as implied by the stated prioritization of the novel's canon)?
It's going to be staff's call. Probably Kamon for the memes, but stay tuned (TM)!
MostlyHarmfulll wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:53 pm Seeing how we are going by the novel, does that mean the game takes place 50 times per year?
It's a regular occurrence but not necessarily that regular—gonna consult on this one and get back to you.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Would it be possible to bump the character's ages up? I know they are 14 in the original source material. Given how they behave and even their pre-game actions, I think maybe 17/18 or high school seniors might be a better choice.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

MurderWeasel wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:40 am
Skraal wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:42 pm Are we going to vote on which director we're going to have (like in the first BRAU), or has it already been decided to be Sakamochi (as implied by the stated prioritization of the novel's canon)?
It's going to be staff's call. Probably Kamon for the memes, but stay tuned (TM)!
It'd be funny if it was all three; Sakamochi, Kamon, and Kitano all preside as the bickering co-consuls of the game.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
In-Game History: 1
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

Will there be cameras to monitor the game like SOTF or will it be like battle royale where the only monitoring is over the collar microphones/GPS?

Also, for the announcements, will they only list off the dead or will they use the SOTF system of listing the killers as well?
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Carrion Queen wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:54 pm Would it be possible to bump the character's ages up? I know they are 14 in the original source material. Given how they behave and even their pre-game actions, I think maybe 17/18 or high school seniors might be a better choice.
Under discussion, but the current answer is "probably yes."
Jilly wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:53 am Will there be cameras to monitor the game like SOTF or will it be like battle royale where the only monitoring is over the collar microphones/GPS?

Also, for the announcements, will they only list off the dead or will they use the SOTF system of listing the killers as well?
My intent is for almost all game aspects to hew true to BR canon (and not the English manga additions), so that'd be no cameras and no killers named unless the announcer gets sloppy.

Similarly, the current plan is to play DZs a little differently to adhere to canon (as in, the DZs get announced in advance and then roll out at specific times). This will allow fun stuff like areas becoming DZs at midmonths!

The one primary exception to this has to do with game pace. Most likely, announcements will be moved to once per twelve hours instead of once per six, just to avoid having to either blaze through everything at lightspeed or else have the game end at like 36 hours.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

How exactly is the Classroom thread going to work?

Like will it be like in the first game where everyone can post and the director now and then chimes in to react?

Also, when will the island open? Will it be on the eighteenth? Or will students who leave the classroom already be able to post the moment they do?
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

MostlyHarmfulll wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:21 pm How exactly is the Classroom thread going to work?

Like will it be like in the first game where everyone can post and the director now and then chimes in to react?

Also, when will the island open? Will it be on the eighteenth? Or will students who leave the classroom already be able to post the moment they do?
The general idea at present is that the briefing will play out over the space of several days, with the director giving more info each night OOC probably. Folks will be able to react, though there will be a general idea of how long each cycle is (~30-60 seconds, so not too much room to shove tons of info in there). Once the classroom thread reaches its culmination and people are allowed to start leaving, everyone will get one post to leave and the island will be open. This is currently slated for ~the eighteenth.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

It’s not listed in our daypack contents but in the novel it appears the students have writing utensils to mark down the grid locations and times of forbidden zones that are read off during announcements. Will we be provided with something to write with?
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Carrion Queen wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:04 pm It’s not listed in our daypack contents but in the novel it appears the students have writing utensils to mark down the grid locations and times of forbidden zones that are read off during announcements. Will we be provided with something to write with?
Students won't get writing utensils in the daypacks, however they will get to keep their personal effects for the trip (which presumably include paper and pens/pencils since it's a school trip) and are also welcome to carry a pen and some of the paper from the classroom out with them once they're done doing their Bart Simpson impressions.
Slam

Post by Slam »

1. Is the game still set in the same time period as the original BR novel (which I believe was the 90s)?

2. Is there still a 72 hour time limit on the game?
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Slam wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:23 am 1. Is the game still set in the same time period as the original BR novel (which I believe was the 90s)?

2. Is there still a 72 hour time limit on the game?
As currently planned, yes and yes.

Return to “BRAU2 Discussion”