United by the Moment

SOTF: International - Endgame

On the northernmost cliffs of the island, just outside a rainforest clearing consisting of small, nondescript huts, there stands a large, multi-layered circle consisting of small local statues, local symbols, and other assorted items believed to have belonged to shamans of a distant past. However, unlike every other area of the island, this area shows signs of recent touch - faint drag marks surround each statue, and the grass beneath them does not match the grass anywhere else on the island, as though the ground was recently excavated, then planted with grass not native to the region. However, if one were to travel any further north of the circle, they would find that there does exist something native to the island - a long, steep drop onto sharp jagged rocks, sticking out of the ocean.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

United by the Moment

Post by Skraal »

((Clara Micallef continued from Full Circle))

The island's normally sweltering heat gave way to a foreboding chill as the sun began to descend towards the horizon, casting long shadows throughout the rainforest as Lex and Clara cautiously waded through the sea of green leaves, with every step taking them closer towards the final arena. Aside from the occasional snapping branch, the air around them was filled with an unnatural silence, with even the previously omnipresent humming of insects seeming to have faded into the distance. The entire scene gave Clara the uncanny sense of trespassing through a graveyard, which was not terribly inaccurate, given that nearly everyone she had met in this place had since gone to join the choir invisible.

It was hard to believe that she had only been in this place for three days. To say that it had felt like a lifetime would be a bit much (as well as more than a little cliche), but after everything that had happened over the past seventy-two hours, the memory of the event that had kicked off her ill-advised revenge quest felt incredibly distant. All of the rage that she had felt over it had given way to a dull sense of regret, the understanding of how badly she had fucked up still weighing heavily on her mind.

Her thoughts wandered to the most recent announcement, replaying the words of her captors' description of her in her mind. No matter how hard she tried to ignore it, the mocking sting of the word 'hero' continued to echo in her ears, the ironic description yet again bringing back to mind the memory of Caleb's lifeless stare as she stood over his broken body. It highlighted how paper thin her justification for her actions had been, and though he had hardly been innocent either, the fact remained that it were her decisions that had driven the encounter.

Thankfully, the sight of the clearing which their kidnappers had designated as "the mysterious circle" provided enough of a distraction to redirect her thoughts away from rehearsing her guilt yet another time. Clara paused for a moment before taking the lead, pulling her pistol out from her waistband and slowly peeking out from the treeline to examine the array of ramshackle huts scattered about the area. After determining the coast was clear, she turned back to Lex and waved him over before slowly emerging from cover to approach the closest of the buildings.
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

(He came from Full Circle)

He stepped forward, and a fallen branch snapped under his foot. He felt a cool breeze and a chill. He watched the girl who walked a few steps in front of him.

-----

"And finally, Alexander Latimer - our English cockroach."

-----

He'd have been upset in another life, maybe, one where he had any right or reason to argue.

-----

"From the beginning, you’ve been pushed around, robbed, and generally treated as an accessory."

-----

He'd have screamed, and yelled, and cried, and it wouldn't have helped him one bit.

He knew it wouldn't, but it would have made him feel a bit better.

-----

"In fact, we’re probably just as surprised as you are that you’ve made it this far in the first place, but then again, I guess it hasn’t all been your own doing, has it?"

-----

He was somewhere between dead weight and a parasite.

He took. He didn't give.

He was reminded of the dead girl when they'd met on the beach.

She took, just like him.

-----

"Let me ask you, Lex, do you think you’re going to stand a chance here?"

----

He didn't.

He didn't know why he was here.

He didn't care.

He tried not to care.

He didn't want to care.

-----

"I personally don’t see it, but I look forward to being proven wrong."

-----

He hadn't ever proved anyone wrong.

He wasn't capable of that.

-----

"Remember, Clara can’t carry you off the island with her."

-----

He knew that.

He was okay with that.

He saw the circle in the distance, their final destination. He watched his companion draw the gun and did likewise.

He steeled himself and then advanced on her lead.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Clara took a few more steps before coming to a stop just beside one of the outermost huts. Nobody else seemed to be here yet, though that clearly wasn't going to be the case for too much longer. This quiet moment, however long it lasted, would likely be the last one she was going to experience on this island - maybe even forever. As much as she hated to consider it, the odds of her and Lex ever getting a moment like this together were practically nonexistent.

She glanced backward at her companion, kicking herself mentally for not thinking of this earlier. They had already exposed themselves, and though they seemed to be safe at the moment, there was no time for any long conversation. Still, though, she couldn't shake the feeling that she had to say something. After all, they had travelled together this whole time, watching each others' backs even after the original objective of their partnership had long since ceased to matter. Maybe they couldn't call each other friends, but after all they had been through together, it didn't feel right to not give that some sort of acknowledgement.

The big problem, though, was what could she say? Clara had long since accepted that Lex wasn't a very talkative fellow, even at the best of times, and to prod him into speaking here didn't seem like it would be much appreciated. On the other hand, however, as much as she had tried back home, most of her attempts at emotional or dramatic speeches came off as more comedic than anything else, and though that was fine before a football game, it was hardly appropriate before the final fight for their lives against a couple hardened killers.

A cool breeze rushed by, causing her to shiver involuntarily as the cold penetrated through the light fabric of her P.E. uniform. Time was ticking, and the more of it she wasted here, the less they'd have to prepare themselves for the coming battle, an ordeal far beyond anything that either of them had dealt with so far. Clara turned to face Lex, speaking in a horse voice as she tried to mask how pants-shittingly terrified she was about what awaited them in the next couple of hours.

"Um... don't die, ok? We're gonna make it through this."
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

He stopped a few seconds before she did, a few steps behind.

His eyes darted from the derelict hovels to the treeline, the only movement being the cold breeze.

He shivered. He wasn't sure if it was the air or his nerves.

He listened as she spoke, tilted his head, and opened his mouth to respond.

"Yeah."

He grimaced. His response was inconsequential.

He knew how impossible the idea was, how pointless it was to hope for some alternative.

He knew that there were two of them. He knew that only one could live.

He repeated it in his head like a mantra. He wasn't sure that made it any easier to stomach.

"Keep focused. The others will be here soon, I think."

He kept his gun ready at his side.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"

[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

[+] OTHER

Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

When the announcements kicked in, Ajay had wheezed. ‘Great things!’ They expected great things out of him, and they brought up Rainbow and Philia, said they weren’t worried. Poes really fuckin’ should be. When he got out of here, he’d show them great things. Just had four more to go. Two of which he’s had more than enough time with.

He waited, prone and at the ready, for anyone to make it into the area. An open avenue, perfect for a bushwhack. He had this in the bag. Between all that time, Ajay’s mind began to wander. Great things they said. He wondered, what if- if they’re honest in their word, if he could go home.

He might get his big break. Someone would’ve had to known what happened to him, and what he did to get back. Word’ll travel. If he could get through this, well… Home’d be a cakewalk. He could take contracts, and… his big fear, that worry that he’d hesitate? It’s gone now.

If he could blast his way through some school kids from around the world, a hit on some street scum, that’s nothing to you. Nobody gets a hit on them without deserving it. Ja, he could do it. He could go international even. He knew all the ins and outs of getting away, and now he knew how to kill. Those were valuable job traits. He could go big with this, and even if he’s caught, even if he goes to prison?

Ah some good behavior and he’d be out in ten years max, all to do it again. Even then life sentence don’t mean shit, he’ll sell his services in the cage, what are they gonna do, add more years? And people could smuggle things in for him. Caged or free, he could be a real shot caller now.

Somewhere between the daydreams, he’d lost consciousness into real dreams. When he awoke with a start, the sun was setting. Still no sign of anyone. There was no gunfire yet. They all had to be armed, he was, Jen was, Seychelle. Someone had to show up, someone had to start, and yet, silence.

Take a deep breath. “Alright, then.” Ajay stood up. They weren’t gonna come to him. So that left one other option. Rifle in hand he began to walk, slow deliberate steps, crouched form, head on a swivel. If he didn’t make it off this island he wouldn’t be able to find out if this promise was true.

“Great things, huh?”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

If Clara's words of encouragement sounded as cringeworthy to Lex as they did to her own ears, he thankfully didn't show it. In any case, she didn't have time to dwell on what else she could have said. Lex was right, it was only going to be a matter of time until the others got there - assuming that they weren't here already. She gave him a quick nod before turning frontwards yet again and slowly moved into the scattered assortment of huts dotting their side of the clearing.

Each building that they passed was similarly empty, the fact only adding to the eerie nature of their surroundings. The whole scene was lifeless, sterile even. Had anyone ever actually lived here, or was this all set up just to be an arena for the five remaining survivors to kill each other? Neither was a pleasing thought, especially given that the first begged the question of exactly what happened to the area's inhabitants between then and now...

Clara gritted her teeth as she looked into yet another hut, confirming that this one too was free of lurking enemies. She took a moment to swap her gun to her other hand, wiping her sweaty palm onto her shorts before returning it back into her tight grip. They had only been here for a few minutes, and the anxiety was already killing her. If this was a movie, any moment now would have been the perfect point for a jump scare.

Yeah, obviously this was real life and not a movie, but what else was she supposed to compare it to? It wasn't like she had any real-life experiences in her memory that were even remotely similar. Even the worst exam at school or tensest game of football were nothing at all compared to this. To be perfectly honest, if she had been given the choice she would rather fail a hundred exams than deal with the shit she had been put through over the past few days. Unfortunately, she had been given no such luck, and as they approached the edge of the scattering of huts, it became clear that she wasn't going to get any reprieve from the building tension just yet.

Where the hell was everybody?
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

He nodded back at her, a meaningless gesture, then resumed his pace.

His steps were measured, a gradual advance in her direction.

He trailed her like a shadow.

He stopped when she went to inspect one of the shacks.

He raised his hands to shield his eyes from an errant ray of light.

He blinked twice.

He saw movement in the corner of his eye, due northeast.

He wasn't sure if it was real or imagined.

He stepped forward again, just a centimetre too far.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

[+] CONCEPTS

[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

[+] SOTF-TV V4

[+] SOTF-U V2

[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

[+] OTHER

[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Ajay saw movement. He pointed his barrel towards it and looked down the sights. "Who the fuck are you?" He mumbled as he leveled his sights on the boy. He didn't recognize him. Must've been someone who'd been hiding since the beginning, the lucky bastard.

But was he lucky though? Only one person could go home, and Ajay wasn't gonna give himself up for whoever this was. He had no beef with this guy, but did it matter? If Ajay wanted answers, if he wanted to go home, there was only way there, and of all the people here, it may as well be him.

He thought he'd hesitate, but honestly, after two kills, what more was one more? And one more, and maybe one more, then he was gone.

Taking a deep breath, he aligned his sights. He didn't have much time before he lost sight so there wasn't much he could do but steady himself standing the best he could.

"Fight's over, pal."

He squeezed the trigger.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Over the years, it seemed like the same thing would repeat itself over and over again, every time there was some sort of celebration. Somebody would pop a balloon, and then the loud bang would reverberate through the air, making everyone else pretty much shit themselves. Silence would inevitably return, only for someone to suggest that what they had heard was actually a gunshot, followed by much laughter.

This was like that, only not funny.

Clara immediately threw herself behind the nearest hut, her heart doing its best to pound its way out of her ribcage as she tried to take stock of the situation. Clearly, whoever was there had no intention of talking things out - though, honestly, why would they? Whoever it was knew just as well as she did that there were no more innocents left here, only killers. If their positions were reversed, she probably wouldn't have given herself the benefit of the doubt either.

From the angle she was at, she couldn't see where Lex was, and leaving cover to check on him definitely didn't seem like a good idea. Clara leaned forward and slowly reached her hand around the side of the hut, pointing her gun in the direction the shots had come from. With any luck, a little covering fire would get their attacker to back off, or at least hesitate enough to let them get to a better position. Of course, there was no guarantee it would actually work, or even if she had the right direction in the first place, but at the very least it would probably help to make it clear that they were armed as well.

A few tense seconds passed as Clara's finger hovered around the pistol's trigger. She hated how much easier it had become to hold the thing, especially compared to her first time firing it back at the village. If she wasn't currently being fired upon herself, she would have dropped it right then and there. Instead, she took a deep breath and pulled the trigger, her efforts immediately rewarded by a now disturbingly familiar sound.
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

He stood still for a moment and took a breath.

He heard a click, an impact, the gunshot, then the ring in his ears.

He raised his hand to block the kicked-up dust, blinked it out of his eyes, and saw the bullet holes concealed behind the cloud, rays of light piercing the hovel wall.

He muttered an oath below his breath, a force of habit.

His instinct kicked in, and he drew his pistol up towards the faded smoke.

He squeezed the trigger, released it, squeezed it again, two shots flew from his pistol.

He fell back to cover and shouted to his companion, his words silent in his ears.

"We've got to go, now!"

He took a glance over at the arena and squinted his eyes.

"Inner cicle, come on."

He placed a hand on her shoulder to guide her for just a moment.

He moved forward, gritted teeth, ringing ears, aching body.

He thought of the numbers; five, two, one.

He repeated the mantra in his head and powered through.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

[+] CONCEPTS

[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

[+] SOTF-TV V4

[+] SOTF-U V2

[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

[+] OTHER

[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

He missed. They scrambled. Ajay ducked behind a tree, a pair of rounds whizzed by where he were, but not where he is. He exhaled carbon smoke, looking like he was breathing in the cold. He racked his AWP. "Bliksem..." Wasn't his first time being shot at, won't be his last, island or not, but you don't just get used to it. Wasn't like Call of Duty, you just don't come back like that. Inhale, exhale.

Another round hit a tree across from him. He had a good idea where they were shooting from.

Whatever, he was more of a FIFA guy anyways. He heard shouting from behind one of the huts. They were announcing they were gonna move. Admittedly he was way too close to be firing with this fucking thing, but there weren't any good avenues otherwise. Maybe there were if he were more patient but-

"Aaaah, FUCK IT!" He groaned, moving from tree to tree, keeping a low profile. He wanted to get eyes on the corner of the hut they were blasting back from, if they moved, he could get a shot off. Yeah, sounds good. Just gotta hope the other's don't get a chance to sneak up and bushwhack him, his real enemies were nowhere in sight, unlike these two Jan Allermans here.

Crouching down, Ajay squared up. He had to waste these fuckers, fast. He peeked through his sights.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

((Jen Mara Tuiqamea continued from My Own Little Nowhere))

Momentum had carried Jen back to the Circle, the momentum of a body unable to simply wait for death, even if she might tell herself that such a fate would be nobler, or that she had no greater claim to life than anyone else. Still she was driven forward, back to the same place where, hours earlier, she’d left Austin to die.

Upon arrival, though, she dared not step into the open to enter the Circle proper, remaining hidden behind the trees that remained at the edge. Jen had left Ajay here and knew he would be lying in wait, ready to take the first shot at her once she gave him the opportunity.

The sun was low in the sky now, bathing the area in an orange light that left the displays and huts looking more vibrant than they appeared under the more neutral light of day.

Amidst the glow, Jen saw two figures, a girl and a boy, emerge from the wilderness and begin to examine the huts. She recognized neither of them, which meant that they must be the others that the announcement had named, Clara and Alexander. Their presence didn’t bring Jen much comfort, however. Though they weren’t Ajay, she had no way to know what they were like, or what the pair might do now that this game had reached its final stage.

Then a gunshot rang out.

Jen’s hands immediately gripped her rifle tighter as she aimed it towards the pair, but they were taking cover at the hut, the girl aiming towards another patch of wilderness. Jen followed the aim. That was when she saw him

It was only a flicker, but that garish patch of colorful hair was burned into her mind by now. Ajay was attacking someone else, ready to kill these two.

Jen could feel her heart begin to race as her legs carried her forward to one of the huts, a few down from the position the pair had taken, her cover being the confusion of the ongoing exchange of fire.

She felt a sudden clarity of purpose, a drive that she could latch onto. Jen would stop Ajay from taking any more lives, she’d protect these two from him. She’d make right where she had failed Leander and Austin.

Peeking out from around the hut, Jen spotted Clara and Alexander running for the inner ring of the Circle, composed of displays and statues. She also saw Ajay more clearly, poised to take another shot, but Jen wasn’t going to allow that.

With a grunt, she pulled the trigger and unloaded at him.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Come on... Make this easy for us-"

The tree in front of Ajay exploded into shrapnel, as did the scope on his rifle causing him to emit a high pitched shout as he jumped back and landed onto his ass. "Gah! Who the fu-"

He got a glimpse, but it was enough to know it wasn't Seychelle. He grit his teeth, flashing a gold toothed grimace as he circled around his prior cover and fired a shot back towards Jen's direction.

Ajay juked to the right, circling back up into the woods; a blur of reflective silver, red, and blonde. He ducked behind a bushel of nearby trees as he racked his rifle back. The Game was over, Jen didn't have any more little shits to send after him, it was just between her and Ajay. After that, Seychelle and Ajay, and then Ajay and those other two cunts, and then...

He spit into the dirt, and began moving, he needed a new spot to fire from.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Bullets rushed past Clara's head like a swarm of angry bees as she made her way to the circle, her vision laser-focused on a cluster of particularly large statues just a few metres ahead. She could feel her chest burning as she pushed herself to run faster, painfully aware that every second in the open brought her a little bit closer to death's gaping maw. Finally, she managed to close the distance, throwing herself behind the stone cover, her body tearing up the grass beneath as she slid to safety.

She took a moment to catch her breath, gasping for air as she pressed her back against the hard surface. Her gun passed briefly to her other hand as she wiped her clammy palm onto her shorts before returning to its prior white-knuckled grip, the weight more obvious than ever. Whatever that fucker was using, she and Lex were clearly outgunned here. If they were going to survive, they'd have to make every shot count.

Speaking of guns... the ongoing crack of shots continued to echo through the air, but wherever the bullets were going, it definitely wasn't anywhere nearby. Clara peeked around the side of the statue, and quickly found out why - another person had entered the battle. It was too far away to tell much about them, but at least for now, they seemed to be on the same side. After all, if this newcomer was looking to kill indiscriminately, she and Lex would have been much, much easier targets.

Well, one good turn deserved another. The gunshots had stopped by now, but from this vantage point, there wasn't much of a way to tell why. Clara took a deep breath and raised her gun, firing a few shots off into the distance, aimed vaguely at where she assumed her attacker to have been. There was no way that they were going to hit, but if that person was still alive, hopefully the return fire would be enough to spook them into keeping their head down long enough for her to confirm that Lex had made it to safety as well.
[+] Characters
The Program V2

SOTF-TV 2

Second Chances 2

The Program V3

SOTF-TV 3

SOTF International

SOTF Supers

New Battle Royale AU

SOTF Cyber
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

He darted through the shoddy cover, every few steps punctuated by the sounds of carnage in the distance.

He noticed another person's presence; she didn't seem hostile, so he ignored her for now.

He could deal with that later.

He stopped for a moment, raised his gun towards the attacker, and let loose two shots; they didn't hit, but he didn't care.

He turned back to her as she moved towards the cover.

His eyes locked on her like a CCTV, her every move recorded.

He followed and fired three more as he entered the inner circle.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

[+] CONCEPTS

[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

[+] SOTF-TV V4

[+] SOTF-U V2

[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

[+] OTHER

[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Return to “The Mysterious Circle”