Prism

O P E N

The nicest quarters in the cruise ship, these rooms are designated "Captain's Quarters" by a plaque outside, though it's unclear whether the actual captain of the vessel took possession of them or whether they instead were used as a VIP suite. The rooms here include a bedroom with a king-sized bed (clean and recently made), a sitting room with a widescreen television and a bookcase (the former nonfunctional, the latter filled with SOTF paraphernalia and writings), a bathroom with a tub and steam shower, and a small personal kitchen. Accessible from the corridors, the suite also opens to a small balcony, which offers direct access to the decks.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Prism

Post by Pippi »

((Laura Hakštok continued from ))

“Wow. Fuckin’ christ.”

Laura blew air out of the side of her mouth, one eyebrow raised in near-fascination, as she stood in the doorway to the Captain’s Quarters, gazing at the tattered, fucked up remains of the living room. There was glass coating the floor, with a whole array of dreary looking books nestled among them (the joke was that all books were fucking dreary, even ‘10 Kills 1 Life’ had put her to sleep), there were metallic looking scrapes and scratches along the walls, and, aw, come the fuck on, was that a TV she could see through the shattered window? Seriously? The fuck point was there of launching a TV out the room?

“Some serious fucking babyrage going on in here, huh Pat?” Laura muttered, turning to her skeletal companion and making him nod in agreement. She shrugged, then leaned him against the wall, and swung her bag off of her shoulder and onto the floor.

Now, most people would probably take a glance into the sitting room, see all the havoc that had ensued inside, and go ‘Oh no someone has been hecking murdered uwu’ before turning tail and running somewhere else, but that was because most people were fucking dumb. So reason one why Laura didn’t particularly give a shit about the state of the room; no blood. Even a crack to the head with a Louisville slugger left blood splatter and brain bits across the floor. ‘Oh but what about strangulation/poisoning/drowning, Laura?’ you, the hypothetical dumbass, ask. Well, if that had been the method of murder, then why was the room filled with fucking bullet holes, genius? Even if there had been a major scuffle before some poor schmuck got strangled, there was still gonna be bloodstains left behind, so, yeah, never fucking ask me anything again.

Reason two; those bullet holes? In the fucking ceiling. Either the perpetrator had worse aim than your average Battlegrounds player, or they’d gone ahead and blown their load into the ceiling in a fit of pique, like your average Battlegrounds player. The TV, too, was evidence of that; you didn’t stop midway through a melee to heft a fucking flatscreen at somebody. Nah, odds were, somebody had woken up here, gotten mega-pissed at their situation, and decided to gain some catharsis factor by being a selfish cunt and trashing the place. Like, thanks a lot, dickweed, there was a perfectly nice chair Laura could have sat on that was now lying on its side, one leg missing. Dickhead.

Laura straightened up, grabbing hold of both her bag and Pat’s torso. She’d put her weed socks and Doc Martens back on, because y’know, fuck trying to juke around broken glass in bare feet. She walked into the room without a second glance, stopping briefly only to adjust her swimsuit where it was trying to dig into her butt.

Now, another important thing to note here was that, yes, Laura was on the cruise ship. And logic, according to every shit pundit and analyst and so-called superfan who’d only watched a single episode while trying to get into the pants of the cute nerdy girl who’d invited them round to her place, dictated that heading towards the biggest location on the area map was the biggest and most heinous mistake anyone could make. Well logic could, once again, suck a big fat one, because if everybody had the same train of thought, ‘don’t head to the cruise ship’, then guess what? There was gonna be way less people on the cruise ship than there was anywhere else.

Besides, she wasn’t aiming to avoid people, far from it. And if she did wind up in a room with some wannabe Jared Clayton, and she made him completely flip his fucking lid, then all the better.

But hey, lo and fucking behold, the Captain’s Quarters were totally void of bodies, both dead and alive. Nobody in the living room, no-one on the balcony. Nothing of note in the kitchen, other than the fact that the coffee maker was the same brand as the one Laura’s parents owned, which, y’know, would be a great bit of trivia for the particularly creepy and obsessive superfans of the show. The bathroom was clean and modern, but like, if Laura wanted a dip, she was gonna head to the swimming pool instead. Or, hell, the fucking ocean surrounding them, rather than the bath. She did, however, place Pat into the tub, arms resting on the sides, mouth hanging open, like he was having the time of his life. The dude had been sitting next to a cobweb-coated cannon for God knows how long. He probably needed a good soak.

That just left the bedroom. Laura wandered over to the last remaining closed door, and with a grin slinking onto her face, slowly turned the handle, and quickly booted it open. Part of her hoped she’d stumble upon something private, a quiet moment of reassurance between two allies, a couple of friends letting their long-hidden love slowly blossom, or maybe just someone getting ploughed doggystyle into the mattress.

“Oh fucking sick, nice.”

The sight of the king-sized bed was way better than any of that shit, though, and Laura trotted over to it, flinging herself face first onto it, letting herself sink into the crisp clean sheets and pillows. Fuuuuck, this was the goddamn life. Her bed back home was like a fucking slab of sheet metal compared to this, a constant film of crumbs clinging to it, and a small hole singed into the foot of her blanket.

She realised that this probably wasn’t the most exhilarating thing for the audience back home to be watching, but who gave a fuck, she wasn’t doing fuck-all for their benefit, it was all for her, bitches. So she raised her hand, aimed it at where she thought the camera probably was, and raised her middle finger right at it.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

A voice echoes from Laura's collar in a relaxed, conversational tone.

"Hey, Laura, I have a little personal question for you:

"Have you ever tried cocaine?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

There was a voice coming from her throat, one that did not belong to her. Obviously. Although, actually, there was that one time Laura had gotten so goddamn stoned that she’d spent an hour asking Alaska who it was that kept interrupting her before she’d realised that, ta-da, it was Her-Goddamn-Self.

But no, this time, it was definitely somebody else, and someone Laura recognised in a heartbeat, a someone whose voice was more familiar and friendly towards her than her own goddamn parents’, and someone who a few short hours ago had been decked out in a hot as fuck pirate outfit while telling her to have fun and not to die horribly. Jewel came armed with a single question, one which caused Laura to once again raise an eyebrow, face buried in between two pillows. She rolled onto her side and cocked her head down, speaking towards the little plastic bit in the middle of her collar.

“Uh, yeah, once or twice.”

She imagined how her parents would react upon hearing that. Her mom would probably faint, dad would probably have a heart attack. Fuck, that would be fucking funny, chalk ‘Not Seeing That Shit’ as one of her few regrets in life.

“I am from Miami, dude.”

There wasn’t any judgement or any of that shit in Jewel’s voice. It was honest curiosity, more than anything, and hell, if that didn’t make Laura curious herself.

“Why’re you asking?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The reply maintains its casual tone, but with a hint of mirth creeping in.

"Oh, I just figured it might be a bucket list thing. Or up your alley.

"See, one of your teammates pulled a ziplock of coke as his 'weapon,' and I don't think he's the party type. I can't tell you precisely who or where he is, but I can let you know to ask if you see someone with the same bandanna, you know, to maybe hook you up?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“You’re shitting me.”

Laura sat bolt upright, not even bothering to adjust her headband as it slipped dangerously close to covering her eyes.

“Like, for fucking real?”

Her brain whirred as she looked down at her collar, as if Jewel was sitting inside a little tiny room in that rectangle of black plastic, gazing back up at her. ‘Kay, so, not knowing who had the coke or even which boat that dude was currently on was a pain in the dick, but it was whatever, that had been a mentor rule for the past two seasons, Laura got it. But the fact that there was a baggie of coke in play was just… hell yeah. Fuck yeah. Getting drunk in a pool would be a bitching time all round, but getting high off her tits in a pool? That would be fucking legendary.

“Well fuck me, Jewel, that might be the sexiest thing you’ve ever said.”

Laura finally pushed her headband up, settling it nice and neat on the top of her head, pushing her braid back over her shoulder as she did so.

“Can you tell whichever asshole producer that gave some other dipshit the coke and not me, that they’re a major cunt?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

There's a soft chuckle.

"Like I said in the briefing, I'm here to help you get what you want... no matter what it is. Oh, and speaking of, if you think of anything else, do let me know."

The collar falls silent...
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

...for all of ten seconds, before it clicks back on.

"Oh right, just for personal curiosity, how is it? Coke, I mean. Uh, that's all the time I've got. Good luck."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

((Continued from The Plastic Beach))

A voice echoes from outside the suite in a quiet, calm-sounding tone.

"It says, um, this is where the captain lived.

"Think we should take a look?"
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Yeah."

They should take a look. They needed to take a lot of looks. But, Pippi, she didn't want to look anymore. She was tired. Her body was buzzing with heat and fatigue.

"Yup. A look."

The baton felt light in her hands.
So did the rope.
So did the bag.
Maybe it was the dehydration. She needed to hydrate. She really needed to drink water, but she needed to keep going.

The needles in her joints would never go away if she never rested, but she needed to work harder than she ever did to achieve that rest. She nodded to herself. Once. Then twice. She pushed on the door, half-expecting someone to came out running.

The girls were lucky.
They met no-one.
They could have died if they did.
And yet, they met no-one other than each other.
If they didn't have collars,
Pippi might have thought this was a dream,
or a fantasy,
or a nightmare,
something akin from waking up in a new world without any trace of the past one.

She swallowed again. There wasn't any time to explore these dimensions. She pushed again.

"Hello?"
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

A voice comes out of Luanne's collar, loud enough for her and Pippi, not quite loud enough for Laura:

"Heya! Don't really think there's much for me to say here since you're doing a good job, but Noreen wanted me to say hi, so... um, yeah. Noreen says hi!"

"Also I guess I should give you some actual advice so, um, two things. Number one: keep doing what you're doing, for now. You'll have to change up your approach tomorrow morning or tomorrow night once the season has stopped warming up, but right now you're together and you're not trying to kill yourselves, so, um, yeah! Doing great on that front!

"Thing two: you're safe to enter. There's no, like, um, big leviathan or shrimp in there waiting to kill you. Just one of your classmates. Not one of the ones you should be worried about."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

There was a huge, huge smile on Laura’s face as she swiveled her body around on the bed, swinging her legs over the side and letting them dangle. And, like, a big fuckin’ cheesy-ass grin wasn’t something to draw attention to for most people, but that shit was not normal for Laura. It was either the coldest, wryest smile imaginable, or a smirk that said ‘That thing you just said was fucking stupid and I am about to make sure you know it’.

“Oh, dude, it’s so fucking good, it’s like… like everything stops existing and nothing matters anymore but you don’t even care. Also it gets me horny as fuck, so, like, it does fucking wonders for my sex life.”

But fucking listen, how could she not be grinning like a goddamn imbecile right now? She was talking with Jewel Fuckin’ Evans, she was having an actual, real conversation with a genuine A-Lister celebrity, one she actually gave a shit about to boot, and not only that, she was being encouraged by said celebrity to chase after a ziploc of coke and to talk about what it was like. Like? Holy fuck. Mom and Dad could shut the fuck up forever, now, this topped literally anything Kris had ever done and anything he’d ever do.

Course, things couldn’t be all peaches and gravy forever, and she couldn’t spend all day just lounging on the bed chatting shit with Jewel. She wanted to do that, mind, it sounded rad as fuck, but other people were garbage and, just like they had for all her life up to this point, saw the need to interrupt her for whatever-the-fuck reason and just generally be huge pains in her ass.

There were two people outside. Or maybe just one. She’d heard two voices and she thought they were both feminine-ish voices, but it might just have been one person talking to themselves. And, fuck, it might not even be a couple ladies at all. Dudes had high voices, girls had deep voices, who gave a fuck. Point was, she’d narrowed down the identity of the person/s outside to Literally Anybody In Her Class, so, great fucking work there, Poirot.

But, again. Who gave a fuck.

“Just me, your favourite bitch, Laura “Thiccstock” Hakštok!” Laura called out. She shifted again, moving herself fully onto the bed once more, reclining on the sheets like one of your French girls.

“If you’re planning on, like, shooting me or stabbing me or whatever, can you at least make it really fucking funny?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Um, okay. Thanks Stephanie. Hi Noreen."

"Noreen's my sister."

Luanne didn't know Laura, but she knew of Laura. Mostly thanks to Noreen. Noreen talked about her a lot, in the same way she talked a lot about Jewel. If Luanne were to do an impression of Noreen doing a Laura impression, it would go a little like "Oooh, I'm Laura. I'm a stanky ho. I am annoying and will make the upholstery smell like weed, and your mom will notice it."

Quietly.

"...um, do we still want to take a look?"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Ah.
Uh.
Mhm. Pippi had already seen all the worse shit. If only the world could do its best. She nodded to Luanne. She wanted to see. Because she needed to explore, and she needed to find everything she could use. It was like an Easter egg hunt, but deadly. Yeah. That was an apt comparison. Just an Easter egg hunt.
Just that.
Just. That.

The girl behind the door was Laura. Laura was funny. Not in the comedian type of funny.
The sad type of funny.
The type of funny that you were glad that you weren't like her.
Not a good funny.
Pippi hated to admit she had snickered at her more than once.
But she kinda deserved it.
So she didn't feel that bad.

Pippi stepped forward.

"Laura."

She said.

"Hi."

She bent her body over, looking at the pose. Very Titanic. That movie sucked. Why did people loved it? The ending sucked more. Stop being sucky, movies.

"I- we don't plan on shooting you." She looked back. "We're searching for things."

She didn't tell her why. Laura was a bitch. She'd pick and pick until the wound festered.

"Do you mind if we look around here?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Oh fuck, it was a couple of weirdo nerds.

Was there anything more to say about Luanne Grasset and Pineapple - no, Laura was not gonna call her Pippi, being named after a fucking fruit (derogatory) was way too goddamn funny an opportunity to pass up - Bloodworth? Well, yeah, a little bit, but there was only so much time and energy she was willing to dedicate to this pantheon of winners.

Luanne was one of those typical artsy-fartsy frigid bitches with a way more popular and interesting and easy to make fun of older sister, cause like, you ever tried to piss off a statue? Didn’t matter how tiny its dick was or if it had a face that looked like it’d just stepped in shit, a statue just doesn’t respond to anything, and that was kinda what it was like talking to Luanne. And Pineapple… Jesus Christ. She was called Pineapple. She dressed like every sad and lonely dude’s manic pixie dream girl fantasy. Her parents owned a strip club. She was called Pineapple. And underneath all of that… she was just a straight-A nerd who aced all her classes? Like, what? Where the fuck did you even begin to unravel that hot mess?

Anyway, they were here to look for ‘things’, which hey, vague as fuck but Laura also didn’t particularly give a shit. Unless they were looking for a gun to shoot her with, in which case she’d be kinda pissed off. But for the time being, she flashed them a peace sign from her lofty position as Queen of the Double Bed.

“Yeah, sure, go fuckin nuts, my dudes,” Laura said, waving her hand airily. “Liking the outfit, bee tee dubs, Ananas, giving me real slutty cowgirl vibes.”

She considered, briefly, whether she should let these two dorks know about the skeleton chilling in the bathtub, but she figured that them stumbling upon it unawares would be way more entertaining. Schadenfreude, as always, won out in the end.

“Got a couple questions for you two first, though,” she continued, fishing around in her bag for one of the boxes of crackers. Her eyes scanned the other two girls, quickly, top to bottom, once and no more than that. Bright pink bandanas round both of their necks. Fuckin’ peachy.

“Either of you two fuckers run into anyone on the Leviathans? Black bandana, hotline to Ms. Evans herself, probably as sexy and badass as yours truly?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Okay.

Luanne frowned slightly, and followed Pippi inside, doing her best to avoid stepping on any glass. She shut the suite's main entrance behind her, and took a quick glance around.
[+] She thought the room looked a little bit like this.
Well. Nothing she hadn't seen before.

It was just more aftermath. Just more people who'd learned to use violence and cruelty as first resorts. It was hard for her to blame them. That usually was how everything went in America. They were doing it because they'd been taught this was just what people did.

It was hard to think. She was just tired. Stephanie had said not to worry about Laura, so she wasn't that worried about Laura, directly. She was worried about things that would happen because of things Laura would do, but she didn't think Laura was gonna kill her or Pippi outright.

She glanced through the bedroom doorway, over Pippi's shoulder, catching the tail-end of Laura's peace sign.

Speaking of tail-ends, as Luanne guessed Noreen would have said, it was at this point that Luanne noticed what Laura was wearing.

Okay then.

She kind of reminded Luanne of Nu couché, by Amedeo Modigliani. She wasn't going to visualize the painting, because it was the kind of thing they couldn't show on network TV, but if the people watching the livestream on the internet wanted to look it up, they could if they wanted, as long as they weren't at work or whatever. Modigliani painted a lot of naked French women, and this painting was one of them. It was notable for being the tenth most expensive painting ever sold; in 2015, ninety-eight years after it was painted, a private buyer, Liu Yiqian, purchased the 2 x 3 foot canvas for $183.8 million. Incidentally, the seller was a woman named Laura.

But anyways, it was nice to put a face to Laura's reputation. It wasn't a very surprising face, but still.

It was sad. Every girl Luanne had met so far had gotten lingerie instead of actual clothes. Laura seemed to be enjoying it, at least, judging from her comments about having the thighs of a stallion, but that didn't make it not fucked up that they'd given it to her in the first place. And yet here she was, calling Pippi a slutty cowgirl, like they weren't stuck in the same boat.

(Luanne didn't like thinking about sex or sex-related topics, because those thoughts made her realize just how alone she felt.)

She glanced backwards anxiously, looking through the hole in the ceiling.

Laura said she had a couple questions (though she only asked one).

Have you seen anyone with a black bandana that means they have Jewel Evans as their mentor? (paraphrased)

Luanne turned her head back around, looking into the camera in the collar around Laura's neck with her eyes hidden behind her big sunglasses. Then, she crossed her arms and shifted her weight to the side because her feet hurt from all the walking. She looked up at Laura's face.

"No," she said simply, "sorry."

"Sucks that you got Jewel, though."

She smiled lightly; not because she felt like smiling, but to hopefully defuse tensions in the room. She wasn't even sure if there were tensions, but just in case, yknow.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge

Return to “Cruise Ship: Captain's Quarters (Danger Zone)”