Hear. Fear. Here.

Day 2, PM for entry.

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

It took all of three seconds for Matthew to realize what he said to Faith. Less than that for Colin to step in and tell him that he's being a prick. What the hell was he thinking?!

"Woah," Matthew yelled, "I didn't mean it like-"

His words faded away at the looks he got from Regina and Faith. He didn't blame them. Regardless of what he meant to say, how could they misinterpret that? He pretty much said, 'I'm sorry about pissing you off, how about I offer you ways to off yourself?'

He had no right to say that to her. She didn't do anything wrong, really.

The look of shame was evident on Matthew's face when he looked at Faith in the eyes and spoke again with sincerity.

"Faith, you're right to be pissed at me for that. I'm sorry, I really am. Crazy shit comes out of my mouth sometimes. If you think I deserve it, you're free to punch me right in the face. You honestly should."

He looked away from everybody for a second before looking back and continuing.

"It'll help vent your anger, at least."
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

And, just like that, Matt seemed keen to make amends for being a jackass. Maybe it was because Colin had spooked him, but the offer to let Faith deck him sounded sincere enough and didn’t matter much to Colin if she took him up on the offer.

Of greater interest and importance was the stuff Regina was starting the sling about. Now, it seemed at least, that she was implying this little foursome should stick together, which was certainly something he wouldn’t fight against, even with questionable company like Matt and Marshall-Mackenzie.

“I’m down with keeping sane, sure, but we’re gonna need more than sanity out here. You heard those announcements. Not everybody’s out here to live and let live, you know?”

He let the statement sit for a moment, so that everyone could really process it. So that he could really process it.

“I mean, do you guys got any way of defending yourselves? Cause all I’ve got are my skills and a pair of hands.”

He soon realized that he should clarify as his gaze moved between Regina and Faith. “I mean, cause they gave me a fucking family puzzle for a weapon.”
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Yeah, sure. Whatever. Like that hadn't been intentional.

Faith was pretty certain Matthew had meant what he'd said, and just vacillated away from it when he saw how everyone else reacted, doing his very best to try and placate everyone. It wasn't like she could actually give him the smack upside the head he both offered to take and seemed to desperately need. He'd already apologised. Colin and Regina were unlikely to look kindly on her escalating things. Her arms were loosely crossed in front of her after she'd stood up, not wanting to continue sitting with her back to the rest of them.

"It's fine." she replied, with a tone that said the opposite.

Faith turned a little to Colin as he began to lay out the facts as he saw them, and she found herself nodding along to his observations, as the shock of everything died down. He wasn't wrong. If someone was ready to kill Abel, or Beryl, they were sure as hell ready to kill them. Still, she couldn't help but laugh a little at Colin questioning whether or not she had a weapon, given the lack of bag on her back. It probably wasn't something that you noticed the absence of, but it was still a little funny. One of her hands went to point at the cut under her eye, the dark brown bruise around it starting to set in, cut beginning to scab over dark red.

"Not any more. Sierra and Willow robbed me, watch out for them." she noted, grimacing a little at the memory, and as her finger brushed against the cut a little.

She looked a little guilty as her eyes flicked over to Regina. Faith knew she'd probably say yes if she asked for help, but something in her gut made it hard to do so. It felt like she was taking advantage of her, burdening her when she probably needed all the help she could get, but -

"Hey, uh, Regina, I don't suppose you could give me something to clean that... ?"
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Regina was thankful that Matt at least was able to recognize that he’d said something absolutely awful. He seemed truly apologetic, and Faith brushed it off, ending the topic of conversation. That was most certainly a blessing. Regina wasn’t sure she’d be able to navigate trying to de-escalate a fight over such a thing if it were to break out. Especially with all of them so dangerously close to the edge of the cliff-side. Regina swallowed the lump that developed in her throat when she looked out over the edge of the cliff. If nothing else, Matt’s comment really made the severity of their situation hit home. Almost more-so than the announcement.

How many people had already contemplated just ending it themselves rather than be killed by their friends?

She grimaced at the thought. She didn’t have the luxury of allowing herself to think that way. She had too much to do. There were people counting on her right now. There were people she had to find before this island swallowed them up just like it did to Abel and all the others listed off. She needed to be strong and she had to keep up the will to go on. That was the only way she’d be able to take another step forward. She could cry over all her fallen friends when this was over.

One way or the other.

Matt offered Faith the opportunity to punch him to make her feel better, but Regina shook her head at him and placed her hand on his shoulder comfortingly. There was no need for such things. No matter what their feelings were, they all just needed to be sane and kind right now. There was no point in violence of any nature. Colin asked if any of them had weapons. Regina sadly shook her head at him.

“I’m the same. They gave me a Halloween mask of President Canon. I tossed it away in the trees yesterday.”

Faith mentioned how she’d been robbed by Sierra and Willow. Regina frowned. Why were people giving in? What purpose did it serve? Was it really worth going home if you had to step over the bodies of everyone you knew just to get there? Regina felt herself shudder from the thought. Even saying that, she didn’t have that answer right now either. It was too heavy to think about for too long. Faith asked if she could borrow some of her medical supplies, and Regina finally noticed the wound on her head. She gasped a bit and hurriedly unzipped her bag and dug out the first aid kit.

“Oh gosh, Faith, I didn’t even realize you were injured, I’m so sorry! Of course, use whatever you need!” Regina realized that Faith didn’t seem to have a bag either. Of course. She was robbed after all. Regina took out one of her bottles of water and offered it to the girl as well.

“Here. I’m sure you’re thirsty, too.”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Matthew still felt like shit about what he said, but he barely restrained himself from raising an eyebrow when Faith said it was fine. He acted and seen other actors for long enough to notice the way she said it. She had every right to be violent towards him right now, and she's just not going to? Yeah, it wasn't fine.

Regina probably would've tried to stop her if she did take it up, but still.

Colin talked about how not everybody was down for being peaceful and asked if they have anything to defend themselves with. Matthew couldn't help but chuckle when he said that he was given a puzzle as a weapon, as if he could've used it to hurt somebody.

"All I got was a beach umbrella and towel." Matthew said, pointing towards the umbrella on the ground.

Faith claimed that she was robbed by Willow, someone he didn't know well, and...Sierra? Really? Matthew doubted that Faith just willingly gave it up, considering the cut under her eye, but was that all she got? There were plenty of questions going through Matthew's head, and Regina got to work on taking care of Faith in the meantime.

His mind went to the two most important questions and he turned to look at Faith with a serious look on his face.

"What happened during the robbery?" he asked her, "What were Sierra and Willow armed with?"
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

So, everybody here had exactly jack shit to defend themselves with. Awesome. Amazing.

Faith also went on to relay the fact that she’d been robbed, which kind of sucked. Being a bitch didn’t warrant having the only tools you had to survive taken from you by force.

The identity of the attackers also resonated with him. Not Sierra, who he wasn’t too familiar with beyond being a friend of some friends, but Willow, who’s role in the attack was unfortunate but not entirely surprising. She’d always been a bit too weird and too quiet, not for Colin’s taste in company, but to avoid the suspicion that a situation like this could drive her over the edge.

Whatever, best to stay focused on one group of chucklefucks: the one he was a part of right now. He had a pitch to make.

“So, we’re all sitting ducks, then. Fucking great.” He sighed. He turned toward Faith specifically, his gaze not unsympathetic. Ironically, Ms. Conservative Bitch Chattanooga might be the most amenable to his idea.

“We need some weapons, and if we don’t have them, we gotta get ‘em.” He looked now between Regina and Matt. “I’m not saying that we go robbing people willy-nilly. I’m saying… What I’m saying is we gotta go after the people they fucking called out on the announcements today.”

He launched into the next bit with a bit more energy. “I mean Blaise, that fuck, they’re getting rewarded for being a fucking murderer! They don’t deserve shit! Look, if we fucking team up, I’m pretty sure the group of us could take somebody like that down. We could get the shit we need to survive while harming nobody but a fucking murderous piece of shit.”

Pretty freaking good pitch, if he said so himself.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Regina felt a small shiver run down her spine when Colin said what they all were probably thinking. They really were just a bunch of sitting ducks. No way to defend themselves. No way to protect each other. Just waiting for someone with ill-intent to come along and pick them off one by one. It was a horrible thought, but it was the terrible truth. Not to mention they’d now have to split their rations even thinner because sierra and Willow had robbed Faith of all hers. Their situation wasn’t the best. Not even close.

But it was alright.

Regina shook off the bad feeling as best she could. It didn’t matter, as long as they survived. They may not have weapons, but that wasn’t all it took to survive in this place, right? Sure, a good weapon helped, but if you had people you could put your trust in watching your back, you could still find a way to survive without violence. That was the only option available to them, and honestly it was the one Regina was most comfortable with. They just needed to find a place to hole up for a while and reinforce their defences. Make it hard for the players to be able to get to them. Yeah! That was a good plan!

Regina turned to look at the group, ready to share her ideas with a beaming smile on her face, but all too quickly, that same smile faded into a horrified grimace.

Colin had his own ideas concerning their survival. But… Regina almost wanted to cover her ears like a child and turn away as he said such awful things. Take people down? Rob them? That’s what happened to Faith. Hunt people from the announcements. No…

Nononononononono!

This isn’t at all what she wanted. She couldn’t… Hurt people… That wasn’t her. She didn’t want to. Why? Why were people turning to violence so easily?

“I… No, I… I can’t do something like that. Not at all!” She raised her voice, the tears prickling at the corner of her eyes.

“I don’t want to hurt people! Why?! Why do we need to attack anyone? I refuse!” She grabbed her bag off the ground and threw it over her shoulder. She looked at Colin with confusion and sadness in her eyes.

“I can’t help you. I’m sorry. Take care of yourself, Colin.” Regina tore her eyes away from him and she walked away at a brisk pace. She knew she needed to get away from there as fast as possible, while her nerve was still strong.

Regina would find another way. She had to! Even if that meant this place was bound to end up her grave, eventually.

[Regina Petrov Continued In The Spirit World]
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Frozen Smoke

Post by Frozen Smoke »

Faith's hands greedily wrapped around the offered bottle, the first aid box resting in the dirt beside her, as she breathed a quick thanks to Regina. The top of it came off quickly, and she brought it to her lips, the initial trickle of water only serving to make her realise how thirsty she was as she began to take deep gulps from it. It was a miracle she hadn't had a pounding headache before now.

Helped get the taste of vomit out of her mouth too.

The conversation swirled around some more as she drained nearly half the bottle, Matthew asked her a few questions, and Colin had summed up the situation nicely. Sitting ducks was exactly what they were. As she screwed the lid of the bottle back on, he continued though, starting to lay out a plan to get back at people on the announcement. Faith only had a few moments to think about it before Regina spoke up, giving her own view on the matter with the certainty she'd thrown at Faith earlier, and storming off.

Now it wasn't a conversation, it was a decision, as the group disintegrated. Who was she going to follow, Regina or Colin?

Faith looked up at Colin as she tried to think of a way to explain it to him. Let him know why she was going to go with Regina and not him, so there'd be no hard feelings if they ran into one another again. That going after people who'd already proven willing and able to kill was simply a dumb idea, but in a way that wasn't actively calling him dumb. Her eyes flicked over to Matthew, trying to see what he was doing, but finding no direction there.

"I..." she started, finding nothing to continue it with as she looked over her shoulder as Regina shrank into the distance.

"Uh. Shit."

Faith reached down to the floor, grabbing the olive tin that belonged to Regina in her hands, looking at it for a moment before her gaze went back up to meet Colin's. It wasn't even like she could disagree with his desire to get people back for what they'd done. It was only fair game, but, shit. Faith couldn't justify not trying her best to help the one person who'd done their best to help her.

"I'm sorry." She offered, more genuinely than before. It was all she had to give him, as she turned away to follow Regina.

((Faith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie continued in The Spirit World))
[+] V7
Relationship Thread!

ImageFaith Clementine Marshal-Mackenzie
[+] Pregame
Memories: Making old enemies
Present Day: Making new friends - Playing childish games - Acting like an adult
Oneshots: Tidying up - Coming home
ImageParker Green
[+] Pregame
Memories: Cheaters never prosper - Except when they do - Keeping promises
Present Day: Getting informed - Playing nice - Keeping up appearances - Playing Games - Talking too much
Oneshots: Preparing for battle
Luca Thomas
[+] Pregame
Present Day: Being a team player
Prom: Trying her best
Memories:
Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve! Feel free to poke me on Discord or via PM.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

That's a good idea, actually. Find some weapons, learn how to use them properly, make those murderous fucks regret targetting them, or at least make them work for their precious kill. Then Colin went and took a nose-dive in logic by suggesting that they exclusively target the killers and essentially rush them with sheer numbers alone.

There's...so many problems with that.

"Not that I don't agree with you on some things," Matthew said, "but that plan of yours is suicidal. I mean, they're already willing to kill. I don't exactly have any intentions on rushing them and getting shot for it."

Before he can get much further with how dumb Colin's idea was, Regina rejected his idea right out of the gate and walked away from everyone. Matthew let out a sigh. It's bad to rob and hurt anybody, yeah, but come on. Tyrell killed two people, for fucks sake.

Not to mention that eventually, she will have to kill at least once...

He shook that thought from his head as Faith started to follow her. There were other important things to do, like finding their friends. He wasn't going to leave her. Walking back over to where he put his umbrella, he picked it up again and looked over at Colin again.

"Even if I did agree to it," Matthew said, "I can't just leave Regina. I'm sorry, man. Good luck."

And with that, he ran to catch up with the two girls.

((Matthew Hunt continued in The Spirit World))
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Layla carefully listened to the group. People were upset, people were angry, people were emotional. They behaved like animals. Layla was glad to not have been part of the group, the hostility, the paranoia was spreading, would've spread to her as well. It made sense that people behaved that way when put into stress. Stress, that's an understatement. This was more than stress they were induced to.

The voices disappeared, the footsteps walked away, she missed her chance to attack.

Thinking everyone was gone, she stepped out of the bushes, swordbreaker in hand.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

And again, Colin’s entirely sensible plan was rejected.

Regina seemed to have a fit over the whole thing, shouting and freaking out over the whole thing before just storming off. She politely wished him well, but it felt pretty forced on his end.

The other two followed suit, Faith giving her own little apology and Matt throwing out some dumbass reason why his plan wouldn’t work, as if Colin didn’t understand that going after someone who already had a weapon was dangerous. Then they left him too.

“Wait… what the hell are you guys gonna do? Look for weapons to sprout on fucking trees???” He called after the trio, but they were already gone and he was seething.

What the actual fuck did they think they were going to do out there? Fuck yes hunting down the killers and taking them out would be dangerous, but the only way to get another fucking weapon was from somebody else. Did they plan to simply ask people nicely to hand over their guns? What a joke!

He kicked the dirt at his feet. Marshall-Mackenzie and Matt were jackasses anyway, but Regina was just stupid and nice enough to get herself killed.

“Why wouldn’t they fucking listen?” He hissed, punting a stone that rested by his feet into the overgrowth. As he watched it arc in the air, he noticed some girl stepping out from there. A girl with a knife or some shit.

Colin’s arms tensed, ready.

“Uh… who the fuck are you?”
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

"Layla's my name."

She was caught off-guard. She did not expect someone else still being here. She probably rushed out too early, should've been more patient.

The good thing about this is that he now was alone and there wasn't a group anymore. If this was not an opportunity, she didn't know what was. She raised the blade and stepped towards Colin.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Layla. Didn’t ring a bell.

What did set off a different sort of internal bell was the fact that this chick was coming closer to him with her damn knife raised.

Aw fuck.

Colin widened his stance, keeping his body firm and grounded as he opened his hands, palms facing the knife-wielding bitch. She’d seemed as shocked to see him as he was her, which meant this wasn’t some premeditated shit, but he really did not appreciate how the girl was moving.

Damn, he was really missing the idiot pacifist squad all of a sudden.

“Hey, asshole, I’m Colin. Now, how about you put down that fucking knife before you hurt yourself, huh?”
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Oh no. She wouldn't hurt herself.

Layla dashed forward and tried swinging the swordbreaker at the area of Colin's throat.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Aw fuck, indeed.

The Layla chick rushed at him without a word, but he was ready. In spite of the fact that his heart jumped to beating at a mile a minute, Colin knew his next move before he made it.

Grab the arm, knock her legs out, send her to the ground.

Legs still rooted, stable, he reached for the arm as it swung at him.
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Return to “The Cliff”