Bottomless Sorrow

Private! (Sorry!) Before the announcement!

The bay is where boats would have come in to dock when they arrived at the island. The first thing they would have seen is a large ‘Welcome’ sign painted in rainbow colours. There is a thin strip of seaweed-covered sand running the length of the bay that acts as as the ‘beach’ area, although it was rarely used when compared to the larger beach on the island.
Primrosette

Bottomless Sorrow

Post by Primrosette »

He didn't have a clue why he had decided to head in a random direction and he had got to the bay. He knew that this was not that best place for him to stop but his foot was starting to ache. How long had he been running and limp-hopping? How long had it been since it had gotten dark? Emmett couldn't remember, he couldn't fucking remember anything beforehand! He only had to worry about his friend who was bleeding out in his arms.

Emmett made sure to set her down as gently as he could on the ground and he felt bad that he hadn't taken her to somewhere more better than this. But it would have to do. But still, this was all his fault, all his fault, all his fault! Sapphire is dying, she is dying, she is dying, dying, dying, dying....

Emmett got out his flashlight, shining it on the damage that had been done to Sapphire's body and he couldn't help but stare and stare and stare and stare. The blood, the blood, the blood. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fu- He had to stop panicking and calm down. He had to have a clear mind over what he had to do for Sapphire. She had saved his life and he fucking owed her all time!

He put down his flashlight and he let it light up on her wound. He put down the spear near him and he got out his first aid kit from his bag. He has to do something. Anything for her! He got out some pills, a water bottle, some disinfect (at least he hoped that it fucking was) and some gauze or bandages or whatever bullshit that they were. Then he spent a long time trying to take care of Sapphire's bloody wound and he didn't even care for how long he had to do it. He wanted to save her. He couldn't let her die like this!

((Emmett Bunnell continued from Break Your Halo))

How long had he been awake...? How long had Emmett been watching Sapphire's chest raising and falling in front of him? He wondered how long it had been since he had gotten any sleep? How much hours had it been? Was Sapphire going to open her eyes?

There was still a lot of blood. Blood on his hands. Blood on his hoodie. Blood on his right cheek. Blood....

"S-Sapphire...." He choked out her name in a despairing sob.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Sapphire didn’t know how long it had been since the aviary. She’d been in and out since shortly after Emmett had started to carry her away. There had been no dreams, not even nightmares, just one moment nothing and another she was back. She remembered little from before Emmett had set her down by the bay and had tried to set to work.

The process of him trying whatever he could to try to clean and bandage the large slice in her side had been a greater agony than being on the receiving end of whatever Lorenzo’s weapon had been. She’d cried, whimpered, even begged him to stop at points.

It hadn’t ever ended for her, really. Last she could recall, he had still been at work, the next…

“S-Sapphire…”

((Sapphire Waters continued from Break Your Halo))

Her eyes opened slowly and her gaze soon found Emmett, sitting beside her. She didn’t smile.

Sapphire had been angry with Emmett as he’d worked on her, blamed him for it all, the wound, the agony. If he hadn’t rushed in after Lorenzo, this never would have happened and she wouldn’t be left here, useless, helpless. But Sapphire wasn’t angry anymore, she was too tired, too sad, too afraid.

Her thoughts weren’t on the aviary anymore. They weren’t even on Dante or Amelia or anyone else she knew that was somewhere out there on the island. Her mind was far, far away.

“Emmett… I-I want to go home…” She spoke softly, trying in vain to stop herself from crying again. She felt so pathetic for that.
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Emmett watched as Sapphire opened up her eyes and he didn't know if there was a good thing or a bad thing. The good thing is that she was going to live and the bad thing is, is that she was going to suffer from what had happened to her for however long she would live. Can he get her to the end of this nightmare? If he could, he would try to get her to survive to the end.

Sapphire wanted to go back home. He would have said that he wanted to as well, but then he didn't think that he was a person who deserved to go home. There were a lot of people that didn't deserve to go home. He knew that he had to make sure to think about that as he would be continuing to care for Sapphire for the time.

Why are you so sure that she is going to live because of that wound, Emmett?

"I...."

What could he even say to her? How could he even make things right again? There was nothing that he could really do, right? Why did he think that he could save her from this horrid mess? He really couldn't do anything, could he?

"Sapphire, I'm sorry."

That was all that he could say. Fuck, he really was a useless moron.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Emmett was apologizing. He wasn’t asking what she needed, what she wanted, he was asking for some absolution. He needed absolution. She wanted that anger to come back to her in that moment, to let her yell at him and tell him how stupid he’d been and how self-absorbed he was still being.

The anger still wouldn’t come. It wouldn’t have been right for her to do that anyway. Emmett was trying to do right by her, trying to help in his way… it just wasn’t working. Her arm felt heavy as she tried to reach upward to touch his face, only reaching about halfway.

“It’s okay, Emmett…” She managed to croak out, not entirely genuine, but what seemed like the right thing to say. “It’s just… I don’t want…” She didn’t want to die. Not here, not now, yet the words lacked the power to even crawl beyond her lips

What would happen to Papa, learning of his only granddaughter’s fate on some remote island? How could he hope to hold on? And what about Nana? No, it wasn’t Emmett but her who had really failed someone. She’d failed to live for those that needed her most of all.

A feeling of dullness that started at her legs was seeming to spread slowly up across her body, like a shadow passing over her being. Sapphire thought to say some prayer, but the words had left her somewhere along with much of her blood.

There was some sort of sound from above and what seemed to be another voice,
Though she was having trouble making out the words.

Maybe… maybe she needed to rest…
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Emmett felt like a selfish prick. He didn't deserve any forgiveness from Sapphire at all. He was only trying to make himself feel a bit better and Sapphire was the one who needed the attention. Not him. He needed to be there for her, not have her be there for him. How could he even care about himself in this situation right now? Sapphire needed a friend who would stay with her until the end. Emmett couldn't deny that he had failed her. He had let her down. He had been saved by her and he had been trying to make it all about him. He really was a selfish bastard. Now what the hell was he supposed to do?

He noticed her hand in front of him and he cupped her hand into his trembling hands, squeezing her hand to reassure her somehow. "Sapphire. What can I do-"

The speakers that were near them suddenly blared to life.

Emmett found himself closing his mouth and he was now listening to the voice that was talking about victims and killers.

The victims.... Abel (he wished that he had been nicer to the guy, he didn't seem that bad), Toby, Christine, Beryl, Felix, one of the triplets, Violet (Oh, the quiet, kind goth girl that he and Sapphire knew from Art. That one hurt a bit) Dante and Benedict. Nine people. Nine people were really dead. Emmett couldn't even process his emotions over it all. Alright, he might have hated a lot of people but he never once wished death on them. That was just too much. Hell, maybe he'll might change his mind about that as time went on.

The killers.... What the fuck was he supposed to feel about them? He honestly didn't know as it was hard to think about what happened. All of it felt like it was all unreal and that Emmett was going to wake up from a shitty nightmare soon. But it wasn't some dream that he could wake up from and not worry about. It was all too real and he would have to deal with it. He made a mental note to remember the murderers' names. Especially Ty since he had killed two people.

"This-This is all so fucked-up...."
[+] V7
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Emmett took hold of her weak hand, his hands feeling warm against her skin. What else could he do now? She wanted him to think of something, or for somebody who could to come and do whatever she needed but didn’t know of.

Emmett’s attention seemed to turn as the distant voice could be heard. Perhaps it was the promised morning announcements, come to tell of the horrors that consumed others during the previous day. She hoped it wasn’t too bad, that her friends were alright.

She’d wanted to ask Emmett what they’d said as the announcements came to an end.

But she didn’t.

She was too dead to even try.

G078, Sapphire Waters: DECEASED
145 Students Remain
[+] sig
[+] V7

#1 Uriel Hunter stan

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Emmett felt Sapphire's hand going limp in his own. And that was when he realized that he had lost someone that he had cared about deeply. He was looking at her dead body right in front of him and all he wanted to do was scream. But when he opened his mouth, no sound was coming out and he didn't know why he didn't have the strength to do so. He had fucked up trying to treat her wound. Didn't he...? This wasn't just Lorenzo's fault. It was his fault as well. He couldn't let Sapphire's death be in vain. But what the hell was he supposed to do now? Why did this have to happen...? Everything was just getting more worse and worse as time went on. He was wondering how Lorenzo would feel about Sapphire dying by his hands and- No, stop. He needed to stop and think about what he was really going to do now.

Emmett then put Sapphire's hands over her chest and he sat back a little from her body, trying to give himself time to grieve for her a little. Then he looked down at the dried blood on his hands and his grey hoodie. Her blood. He really did need to get some new clothing on and he needed to wash the blood off of him. He needed to be clean. He couldn't let anyone else see the blood on him. He didn't want to come off as some threat and get his head blown the fuck off. He also needed to clean Lorenzo's blood off of the spear. …Which was his weapon now, wasn't it? He felt a stab of guilt about even thinking that. But that was the harsh, shitty truth now.

"Fuck. Now I have to get to work and figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do next."

He had to keep himself busy, otherwise, he would break down into tears over Sapphire again. So he got to work on what he had thought about doing.

It didn't take him too long to do it all. About ten or fifteen minutes or so. He put his beanie back onto his head after he had changed his clothes and he had tying a black hoodie around his waist. He had managed to go through Sapphire's items and the only things that he had picked up was all the food, water bottles and her untouched first aid kit. He had shoved it all into his dufflebag as best as he could. He had taken off his glasses that he had put into his glasses case and put into the same bag as well. He had also put his contact lenses on and he thought that it would be more helpful. Especially if someone had taken off his glasses and he wouldn't be able to see shit.

He put both of the bags (just his two own ones) over his shoulders and he picked up the newly-clean spear up with his steady right hand. He had to take care of this now for Sapphire and he had to keep on moving forward. This time he had to keep his crappy temper under control. Even if he did want to rip Lorenzo to shreds in his morbid mind. He had to be more cautious and mindful of other people now, right? He had to change himself for the better. If he had to kill someone at all.... He didn't know what he would do at that time.

He glanced at Sapphire one last time.

"Sapphire, I hope you can be at peace. I'll make sure to find Emil and make thing right with him and then.... He and I can figure things out. Don't worry about me, Sapphire. If I die, you can smack me in the so-called afterlife, right? H....Heh."

He then turned to leave the area. A single tear rolled down his cheek. It looked like he was still grieving over her.

((Emmett Bunnell continued in Dangerous Burns))
[+] V7

Return to “The Bay”