The Amazing and Wonderful Slam Friendship Thread

Or a terrible and awful hatemongering thread. Up to you.

This board allows for discussion of and planning related to Second Chances, currently preparing for its third version.
Slam

The Amazing and Wonderful Slam Friendship Thread

Post by Slam »

I have one kid so this is easy.

Lucas Brady is back and richer than ever. Thanks to his family winning the lottery right before high school, Lucas now compensates for his huge social insecurities by trying to buy everyone's respect while looking down on anyone who doesn't fall for it. A hard person to get along with unless you really take the time.

Lucas is very involved in academics, especially social science and politics (he is right wing, but not far-right), and is set to go to Georgetown after high school (no he doesn't mention it all the time don't be stupid). Doesn't take part in any clubs though as he's too busy being better than you. He did try to run for student council president but failed to consider that getting his voting base shitfaced at a massive house party the night before the votes may hurt his chances, if they even actually helped (we may or may not thread this at some point - express interest if you'd like to). Otherwise he still likes playing Magic: The Gathering using whatever most meta deck he bought, managing his investment portfolio, going out on luxury fishing trips, and spending money compulsively if he thinks it'll make people like him.

What we're looking for:
- Friends(?). Presumably he has at least some.
- Fake Friends. More likely. Anyone who is willing to go along with his personality just to get access to his gifting.
- Enemies. Anyone who refuses to be bought or just generally antagonises him. It's not very hard.
- Maybe some shallow heterosexual relationships but I don't think he's the type to maintain anything with much success.
- People who went to his big political house party for whatever reason. Can fit into any of the above categories.

If he uses social media this time he isn't quite as stupid and hasn't managed to shove his foot down his throat through it.

Visual reference.
Leitmotif.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Vera would despise Lucas.

Bruce however would probably want to see how his Gruul deck fares against Lucas' meta deck, and is easy to sway, so maybe a fake friend on that front? At least insofar as card games are concerned.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Slam

Post by Slam »

Fiori wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:58 pm Vera would despise Lucas.

Bruce however would probably want to see how his Gruul deck fares against Lucas' meta deck, and is easy to sway, so maybe a fake friend on that front? At least insofar as card games are concerned.
So Vera had all the right upbringing and skills to be a respectable political supporter, and she threw it all away to go swing left. What a pity. I kind of want them to have tried dating once only for it to fail miserably immediately but otherwise they can just hate each other.

I feel like Lucas would look up the most anti-Gruul meta deck he could and keep it on hand specifically to take Bruce on with it. Otherwise fake friendship woo.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Slam wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:31 pm
Fiori wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:58 pm Vera would despise Lucas.

So Vera had all the right upbringing and skills to be a respectable political supporter, and she threw it all away to go swing left. What a pity. I kind of want them to have tried dating once only for it to fail miserably immediately but otherwise they can just hate each other.

I feel like Lucas would look up the most anti-Gruul meta deck he could and keep it on hand specifically to take Bruce on with it. Otherwise fake friendship woo.
Vera and Lucas having gone on a really awkward date would also be pretty funny, so I'm down for that.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

BB is probably deeply annoyed by Lucas' politics because she's pretty far left. Likely tries to wind him up now and then, not to like get him mad but to make fun of him a little. Probably gets as good as she gives since she's pretentious too.

Juliette has a lot of thoughts about school politics. SC-verse Juliette dropped out of the junior class president race rather unexpectedly, and while there was a bit of thought that she'd maybe throw her hat back in senior year, she didn't. She doesn't care about Lucas' politics and is probably cool with him over their shared interest/because he takes class politics vaguely seriously, but she probably also saw the trainwreck that was his plan coming a mile away and either didn't warn him or warned him in such a circumspect way that there was no chance of him understanding. Definitely did not endorse him, not in a mean way but she doesn't +1 folks who aren't likely to win.

Sofia also likes the outdoors, but would be scandalized by the concept of glamping if she knew what that word meant. Much more rough and tumble, probably doesn't cross paths with Lucas much but if they ever talk about outdoors stuff she likely has a wildly inaccurate understanding of what exactly he's talking about/his usual routine.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

jia li would hate lucas and in fact would probably let him know how much she hates him, but she has been watching him do stuff for a while now and things just seem to either go right for him or get close to going right for him so she is pretending to be really nice and friendly to him to his face while heinously trashing him and his entire life behind his back to select people who won't go and tell him
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

Musing on Olivia as a possible brief relationship, she's the sort who'd respond positively to interest from Lucas. She'd elect to break it off for her own reasons, undefined if asked, but she wouldn't have been antagonistic in breaking it off and he could still count on her as a generic friend if he chooses. Shoulder to cry on, etc. She wouldn't be very comfortable with his habit of throwing money at her as a girlfriend or as a friend and she'd probably request he cut it out but not especially forcefully so he could keep doing it anyways if he so desires.
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1

Return to “SC Planning/Discussion”