SCTres Pawn Shop

Bringing back something from SCDos, as the real ones call it

This board allows for discussion of and planning related to Second Chances, currently preparing for its third version.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

SCTres Pawn Shop

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

Heya! Given the recent dedeconfirmation of SC3, I figured I'd go and revive this old Tapatalk-era thread. While we do already have the official permission archive, I figured this might also be worth posting, as while the archive is built to prove and archive character permissions in the years wait between versions this is more SC3 specific, and more made towards offering characters/stating who you're taking. Kind of like a concepts thread except you're also potentially giving other people your concepts.

We're likely going to establish some more formal rules later when the version proper starts in terms of 'which characters are eligible/ineligible for SC,' but here's some off-the-cuff ground rules for now, subject to change:
  • No new characters, no escapees, no winners, and no characters that have already been in the first two SCs.
  • You may submit another handler's original character, but only with their express permission (unless they're listed as open permission in the archive).
  • If you wish to handle an adopted character, it is best that you make a good-faith effort to ask the original handler. If they are unavailable, you may also ask for permission from the last person to have them.
  • Only Main, Mini, and any AU that allows for characters to be SCed are eligible versions for SC3. That means no off-site RPs (like Discord of the Fittest), and, unless Toben supersedes me here, no characters from the BRAU.
Other than that, it's fair game. If you're here to open up your characters so that other handlers can use them, that's awesome! Here's some things you're encouraged to do:
  • Offers: Anyone can have this kid! Just ask.
  • Pitches: Send me a cool idea of what you want to do with this kid! If I like it, they're yours!
  • No-goes: Yeah, sorry, you can't have this kid.
Aaaaand that's it. Have fun!
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
Wham Yubeesling

[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:

Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
[+] The Past

BRAU2:
BRAU2 —

INTL:
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
PV3 —

Supers:

TV2:
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
TV3 — 𓅓

TV3 —

SC2:
SCDos —
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
Wham Yubeesling

Aaaaaand with all that out the way, here's my list. There's, like, a couple people here I'm interested in reusing but please do not let that stop you — I've got enough ideas that being able to cut things out will be more helpful to me than anything.

Open:
Michael Robinson (TV2) (Theatre nerd! Shy boy who seeks approval!)
Alvaro Vacanti (V6) (Mexican immigrant who works at his family's cafe! Thinks everybody hates him!)
Michelle White (PV3) (editor and reporter for the school newspaper! fights FOR GREAT JUSTICE!) (though I have a little bit of potential interest in using her myself this version)
Anna "Roxanne" Herbert (V7) (shy and reserved daddy's girl when her parents are looking! fiery, self-assured busker when they're not!)
Jonathan Meyers (V7) (foster kid who got shunted around from home to home for the longest time and used to make sure nobody liked him so he wouldn't have to suffer the heartbreak of saying goodbye! knows now he is in a permanent home but still cannot get out of his old habits!) (same as with Michelle)
Teresa Rojas (V7) (party girl! social butterfly! massive jerk!)
(Marion Rosales (TV3) (not a party girl! not a massive jerk! is a social butterfly!)

Pitch!
Jeremy Frasier (V6) (my self insert circa me being 14 lmao)
Isabella Lugosi (Supers) (not a reference to Worm! a reference to Dario Argento!)

Ask somebody else first:
Charelle Chernyshyova (V7) (ask Cicada)
Jaxon Chen (INTL) (ask Tapey)

My (WIP) cast:
Waldo Woodrow (V1)
Maxwell Lombardi (SC2)
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:

SCDos — |
SCTres —
[+] The Past

BRAU2:
BRAU2 —

INTL:
INTL —

PV3:
PV3 —

Supers:

TV2:
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
TV3 — 𓅓

TV3 —

SC2:
SCDos —
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Brackie

Post by Brackie »

My roster of 14 years is on the table for negotiations
Legend:
() = their version
[] = their logline as written by me in the 5 minutes it took to write this post
ᵃ = adopted character, only send your pitch to me if you're reasonably sure you can't contact the original handler in any feasible way
ᵇ = adopted character, but I wrote 100% of their posts so I'll take all pitches
I am open for pitches for the following kids - basically just message me with what you'd like to do with them and I'll probably say yes:

- Jacob Charles (v4) [lughead apprentice mechanic/beefcake]
- Janie Sinneave (v5) [punk rock horsegirl] ᵃ
- Jessica Rennes (v7) [christian lesbian track runner] ᵇ
- Erin Underwood (PV2) [awkward teacher's pet/cheerleader/ballroom dancer(?)]
- Jaxon Street (TV2) [bitchy gay fashionista? groundbreaking]
- Nani Clover (PV3 Prologue) [she's a sweater girl with no confidence, film at 11]
- Santiago Ibarra (PV3 Prologue) [soccer star with a huge family he basically runs, also an opportunistic bully]
- Grant Moore (PV3 Prologue) [uhhh, American I guess? I just needed an NPC for a scene, this is gonna need a lot of explaining if you want him tbh]
- Calista Carpenter (PV3) [angry conservative lout who gets into fights and takes care of her sisters]
- Emmett Purcell (TV3) [bigoted farmboy bully who learned everything he needed growing up on the farm and doesn't need /you/]
- Rainbow Moseki (INTL) [rich girl with confidence issues who found community amongst the metalheads]

the following would also require pitches, but are very near and dear to me so i need to trust you and your vision a lot

- Aston Bennett (v4) [awkward ace aspiring vet] ᵃ
- Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy (Virtua) [brooding soccer goalie goth who doesn't talk much and makes connections with people that only lead her to ruin]
- Oliver Davies (PV3) [aspiring Lad, gamer, and online troll/menace]
- Ashanti Baker (TV3) [that high-status girl in high school who's everywhere/Louisa Lynn stan on twitter]

the following, for a number of reasons, are no-goes

- Yoshio Akamatsu & Yuko Sakaki (BRAU1) - fictional characters from Battle Royale under copyright!
- Brendan Wallace (v4) - survived v4!
- Paige Strand (v4) - was in SC1!
- Clio Gabriella (v4) - was in SC2!
- Sarah Tan (v4) ᵃ - survived v4!
- Ma'afu Tuigamala (v4) ᵃ - a character I adopted essentially against my will, who I had to invest a lot of energy in in an attempt to keep in character as a 17-year-old still learning how to write, who I think should stay at rest
- Maxim Kehlenbrink (v6) ᵃ - a character I adopted that I wouldn't feel right handing out rights for due to what I believe was the personal nature of their creation
- MIchaeilia "Mikki" Swift (v7) - currently under ownership of Salic for SC3!
- Aditi Sharma (v7) ᵃ - currently under ownership of Catche Jagger for SC3!
- Chanel Martin (PV1) - currently under ownership of Lilith for SC3!
- Matthew Payne (PV1) - nah
- Anna Hitchins (TV1) - currently under ownership of Applesintime for SC3!
- Holly Hergenroeder (TV1) - currently under ownership of me for SC3!
- Ramona Shirley (Virtua) - was in SC2!
- Maya Spooner (PV3P) - survived PV3P!
- Preston Grey, Anna Kateridge (SC1), Lyndi Thibodeaux, Jason Andrews (SC2) - were my characters for SC1 and SC2!
- Kennedy Jackson (Supers)

if I've given out any character but completely forgot, let me know so I can change stuff
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

PROBABLY SHOULD'VE SAID THIS BEFORE BUT I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT UNTIL NOW SO I'M GONNA SAY IT

If you wanna play any of my kids, all I ask is that you give them different outfits. If they have any second go arounds, I want them to look a little different at least.

Does this count as changing their status from Open to Pitch? Maybe, but like, the most open you could be with pitching. Just want to know what their clothes are gonna be like, so not too big of a deal, I think.
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

Hello! I've had my cast for Second Chances decided long in advance. I'll list them in this post. In addition, I will also clarify my stance on each of my previous (and currently deceased) characters and their permissions regarding use in Second Chances. Now, with that shpiel out of the way...

My SC3 Cast:

Austin White [TV2]
Liam Black [V3]

Open by Default:

None, unfortunately. While I am more than willing to allow other people to play my characters—and I highly recommend those interested in them to contact me—I feel that I should make that grant of permission contingent on a direct pitch from the particular handler in question beforehand.

Open with Pitch:

The vast majority of my characters will end up in this category. If you'd like one of my several characters, my door's always open, and I'd love to hear your ideas for them! Also, I won't be too meticulous about this, but I'll probably be more hesitant to allow characters I feel satisfied with.

Cory Cartwright [TV3]
Alexander Latimer [International]
Abhishek Panicker [V8]
Donovan Lauer [V8]

Open with Permission:

This category is the same as the above category—in that they are open with a pitch—but characters here come with a caveat. These are characters I have adopted from others or who have been adopted from me. I will list the handlers that should be contacted to the right.

Shūya Nanahara — Kōshun Takami [Simon & Schuster]
Corbin Azinger [V8] — almostinhuman [Main] [Mini]
Alexander Hawthorne [V8] — Salic [Main] [Mini]
Lucas Anholt [SOTF: U] — RC [Main] [Mini], Jilly [Main] [Mini]

Closed:

Only a few of my characters will fall into this category. This does not mean they could not possibly be brought into Second Chances—they may, if I decide to approach a specific handler about them or if I decide to drag them in myself—but they are unlikely to be allowed via pitch.

Some of them will be because of personal circumstances related to that character—for example, I would not allow a self-insert to be used by another handler—or having a concept with significant risk for handler error, or because I don't feel comfortable with them being used again.

Noah Davis [Supers]
Claire Haig [V8]
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
In-Game History: 1
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Open with Pitch:
Nadine Flores
Kiera Hayes
Rachana Kumar

Open with Pitch but talk to Dogs too please:
Corbin Azinger

Sorry, I'm using this one:
Austin Greene
Ingrid WIlde
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Hi ho kermit the frog here and somehow I've only written three characters eligible for sc.

Note: I'm gonna need a pitch if you want to write any of these and I'm probably gonna want to be sold on the fact that you've actually read them. Usually I'm not a super picky person when it comes to how people write their own characters on SOTF, I generally do not like treating my own subjective personal tastes like a thing to be enforced upon other people (unless they ask) etc., but since this is my own stuff I'm probably... not gonna be super comfortable handing you one of my folks unless I'm confident you really grok them and are also gonna stick the landing consistently in regard to what it is you're doing with them. To quote a certain Weasel's words on experimental writing, "If this is an experiment, what's your thesis?".

Anyways, my characters in order from the most to least likely for me to say yes:

I might let you play them regardless of how good I think your idea is
Harland Strange

I might let you play gcraieg regardless of how good I think your idea is. However, the goth gaggle are my dear sweet babies and so if you want to include them in-depth, you're probably gonna need to also read all 1500 pages of Astrid from Supers and probably actually understand what the fuck the whole deal is with her
Greg Craig

You're gonna have to convince me you're gonna handle her Real Life Topics in a respectful and sensitive way, and also MW's probably gonna make you add like 1500 words to her profile
Valerija Bogdanovic

[large empty space indicating that at the moment there is a low likelihood I will say yes for any character below this point]

I know you mfrog stans may be tempted to ask, but I'm gonna be real here and say straight up it's gonna be a reeeal tough sell for me. He's a Lot (just in general and also to keep track of), so please please don't bite off more than you can chew. If your pitch is "m frog is edgy and navelgazes / m frog punches through a camera and kills the reader in real life," I'm not gonna say yes, because sc3 mfrog probably isn't gonna have access to unlimited mind-altering drugs like in v7 okay. He's a little freakin nerd dweebus, you follow me? You're gonna need to write me a full freaking dissertation for this one aight. You're gonna need a PhD in Frog. You're gonna need to have read like literally all of v7 LIVE. You're gonna need to have witnessed the frog in real time. You're gonna need to know what to say to the enigmatic smiling frog statues standing guard outside the ancient gates. You're gonna need to be, like, freakin MW or Deamon or something ok
ribbit

You're gonna need to ask Koshun Takami
Yumiko Kusaka

Legally not dead enough
Luanne & Astrid

Already Dead
Everett Taylor
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

I think only Bethany Lyon is eligible for this from me but yeah in the event anyone wants to play her just ask me I guess? I'll probably be pleasantly surprised and say yes.

If Evie or Esther (or Charlotte? Does ORDG count?? Would she have to be aged down???) die in the mean time then I guess same goes for them but I might be a bit more precious about Evie if so.
SOTF: U
Esther Ježek
Last equipped with: PPSh-41 submachinegun (3x 35 round box magazines)

Step One:🇨🇭 -> Step Two: 🏚️ -> Step Three: 😴 -> Step Four: 📹 -> Step Five: 🔥 -> Step Six: 🌊 -> †

One Room Death Game - Charlotte Torres & her opossum plush (subscribe to Goblin Town!)
CardboardAirplane

Post by CardboardAirplane »

Oh well guess I do this too even though I've only done three characters ever. This is totally not just so I can be a part of a funny little thread

Perante Losoa [V8]: The people pleaser: Closed. Decided to run him for SC3

Jack Kilgore [V8]: the epicz gamer: Open. Nothing else to it; if you wanna play him then you can

Ilya Arkadi [Cyber]: The gadfly: Closed since he's like, alive atm
[+] DOTF, which is only here because signatures are cool
[+] DOTF V1
Image S019: Phoenix Hanover - ELIMINATED 57th of 106 by the tiger on Day 3 ~ Instinctively she wanted to run, but the fear dragged her down.
1/2/3
Image S055: Raymond Bright - ELIMINATED 6th of 106 by Rafael Al-Rifai on Night 4 ~ "I think deep down, I really believed someone good would've had an actual chance of winning this."
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14
Image S078: John Villarreal - ELIMINATED 47th of 106 by volcanic eruption on Day 3 ~ "Oh god, oh fuck," *screaming* "I'm gonna fucking die!"
1/2
Image S085: Rachel Villarreal - ELIMINATED 16th of 106 by Vicky Williams on Night 3 ~ Turns out it's a bit harder to actually be able to back up her words.
1/2/3/4
[+] DOTF V2
Image S020: Sinclair "Syn" Faust - ALIVE
Image S021: Maxie Flamur - ALIVE
[+] SC3
Image Perante "Payton" Losoa: The People Pleaser ~ He wanted to be a good memory. He wanted to put on a good show.
Image Lucy Ashmore: The Recluse ~ See, if you get shy over things like that, then you're never going to get out of this rut, Lucy.
[+] Cyber
Image A13: Ilya Arkadi: The Gadfly - ALIVE ~ "Let's do everyone a favour and make this easy, okay? Cause I've already had a bit of a rough night. You get it? Course you do."
1/2/3/4/5/6/7
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Dr Adjective wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:50 am I think only Bethany Lyon is eligible for this from me but yeah in the event anyone wants to play her just ask me I guess? I'll probably be pleasantly surprised and say yes.

If Evie or Esther (or Charlotte? Does ORDG count?? Would she have to be aged down???) die in the mean time then I guess same goes for them but I might be a bit more precious about Evie if so.
To briefly answer here, ORDG does not count (flying the Other RPing flag) but IIRC U is fine (though characters will likely require fairly significant edits).

Also, my own kids who are up in the open archive. You don't have to ask me or pitch me or even talk to me at all, just post over in the permission archive and they're yours, to bend, fold, spindle, or mutilate as you desire. I'm giving summaries of how I see them but if you wanna change them and say they have a deep spiritual connection with The Brave Little Toaster and also practice underwater basket weaving you can do that.
  • Adam Morgan: Adam is basically a guy who thinks he's extremely cool because he wears a leather jacket and smokes cigarettes, but is very much not cool because he tries way too hard.
  • Darlene Silva: Darlene is sort of like a background extra. She's quiet and awkward and naive and more than a little weird, and she really, really likes Christmas.
  • Juliette Sargent: Juliette is an ambitious young woman with high political aspirations, but unfortunately for her she's also under immense amounts of (frequently self-inflicted) pressure and deeply closeted.
  • Lydia Robbins: Lydia is the obligatory horse girl. She's got iffy self esteem and likes the sort of things primarily popular with grandmothers.
  • Mandy Gross: Mandy is a sorta naive, sorta incompetent young woman (noticing a pattern here? :P) who really likes Disney, like she'd love to be a Disney princess but unfortunately she's more like a C-Grade bit villain, like not Iago but maybe the dopiest hyena in The Lion King. Had the poor foresight to go into her first game dressed as Old Yeller but you can shove her in any Disney-themed outfit you want.
  • Morton Bishop is, like, a jerk. Like a big jerk. He's a blowhard who people pretend to like so they don't have to deal with him, and he hasn't quite realized that's not the same as being universally adored.
  • Phillip Olivares: Phillip is a Christian Juggalo who does magic tricks and tells jokes long enough to break the word limit on posts. He was created to force Yugi to make art of his stupid juggalo costume.
  • Renée Carlson: Renée is my highest-placing ever TV character, which is pretty funny because she's probably my most forgotten TV character. She's someone who believes in doing what's right/styles herself as a defender of the weak, but maybe isn't totally altruistic about it.
  • Robin Pounds: Robin was me accidentally writing a yandere before I'd ever heard that term, but that's not really core to her concept. She's a popular girl, but is also sickly and dependent on others.
  • Steven Salazar: Steven is probably one of the five or so most competent characters I've ever written, which is a fairly low bar to clear given the rest of these losers but there you go. He's a self-styled gonzo journalist with a strong sense of empathy/personal justice.
If you're wondering about the others:

Pitches: Generally these are characters who for some reason or another I have not gotten around to adding to the free list or am loosely considering using for some purpose but I could almost certainly be talked into giving you them if you really want them specifically.
  • Keegan Garcia: Keegan isn't on the public list because a Respects reunion tour was loosely joked about and I don't want to be the one to make that impossible. If it becomes impossible (or if you manage to organize it and wanna play him for that) he's an option.
  • Leander Van Vliet: Anybody can have Leander on the condition that they add birdwatching to his hobbies and give him pocket binoculars. I am 100% serious about this stipulation and the need to sign this binding contract is what keeps him off the public list.
  • Oakley York: You can have Oakley if you want him, I just don't feel like digging up his wiki link and adding him to the archive tonight.
  • Zandah Udall: Zandah cannot currently be used due to being alive, but if that changes Zandah is free to grab. This note is to remind me to say as much.
  • Maribel Bay: I think we decided NPCs are okay, in which case if anyone wants Maribel they can have her. I can't 100% remember so I'm not putting her on the free list (and might not anyways as her total lack of a profile makes her not a very good fit for someone skimming the list).
No-Goes: Spoilered but if you want to know why, here's where you can find out:
[+] Nope
  • Shuuya Nanahara, Kyoichi Motobuchi, Mizuho Inada, Shinji Mimura: All ineligible due to being BRAU(2) characters.
  • Jennifer Perez, Kimberly Nguyen, Karen Ruiz, Jewel Evans, Mina Mashall: All ineligible due to living or whatever.
  • Karl Chalmers, Nichole Campbell, Richard Ormsby, WIlliam Lohman, Everett Taylor: All ineligible due to already being in SC.
  • Alexander Bonham: Alexander was in SC2, but just for Pregame. Still, in my mind he's canonized in the universe so he can't come back again.
  • Isaiah Garvey, Claire Lambert: Adopted, and I will not give permission for characters who were not mine to begin with. However, if you can track down their original handlers and get permission there, you have my blessing to use them!
  • Samantha Reynolds: Samantha was tied up in some weird plot stuff in Evo back in the day, and as such it would not feel right to me to use her in SC.
  • Erik Bell: Erik's in a weird spot where he actually never entered the game to begin with, which makes him pretty clearly ineligible.
  • Sofia Chiles: I am planning to play her in SC3 so I'm not giving her away.
  • Sven Vee: Sven got lost in a different dimension on his way to SC so he's not here at this time.
  • Yvette Monday: For thematic reasons, Yvette is unavailable. In slightly less flippant/cagey terms, Yvette is a character who was so tied to her universe at such a core fundamental level that separating her from it would make her unrecognizable because the crux of her entire thing is that she's literally not human in any meaningful way.
  • Hector Quayle, Olive Mayo: There's a specific thing that will go into the permissions for these two but I'm not talking about it while Crystal is alive. Afterwards they'll potentially be available but don't count on it.
  • Aaron Hughes: RC has Aaron, but if he changes his mind Aaron reverts to open status.
  • Austin White: Claimed by Claire already!
  • Seagulls: They are eternal, watching you even now.
If you find someone I forgot, feel free to ask.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Espi

Post by Espi »

Free Lot
Lucy Williams (TV2): Lucy has some issues with her execution but I don't have any concerns with her concept.
Alice Baker (V6): I think Alice is pretty much fine as is but if someone wanted her I wouldn't mind especially since I handed her off for a time anyway.
Rhonda Lawson (V7): Rhonda was kind of a nothing character so I don't mind if anyone wants to play her.

Pitch
Riley Parker (TV2): Riley is especially rooted in the TV verse so I'd want to know how you plan to adapt her before handing her off.
Eric Cunningham (TV3): Eric's rooted in TV much like Riley, albeit in a different way, so I'd want to see how you intend to adapt that.
Toby Underwood (V7): Toby has some under the hood problematic stuff (he's kind of a shitty guy) so I'd want to vet anyone that plays him first.
Paloma Salt (V7): I think Paloma did what I wanted with her so I'd want a good reason to bring her back.

Reserved for Myself (For Now)
These are characters I'm considering if I play, so they're reserved for now until I decide on a roster.
Gwen O'Connor (V5)
Nina Clarke (V5). Also note that Nina bungles some really sensitive real-world topics in her original iteration (since it was 10 years ago) and even if I don't play her you'll need to give me a very strong pitch to let that be rehashed.
Henry Spencer (V6)

Disallowed:
Johnny Silva Ruiz (V7): I got really emotionally attached to Johnny, so I adopted him off so I wouldn't have to write his death. I don't really want him to die again.
Blair Moore (V6): Unless Blair won, her story is pretty much complete in her original iteration. I don't want to have her redone.
Kaya Robinson (TV3): Same as Blair.

Other
Zoe Walker (TV2): Ask Ohm, he did more with her than me and I'd consider him her proper handler.
Theodore Fletcher (v5): Theo is already dead in SC verse, so he's ineligible.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

I will once again say that any characters of mine, past and future, are freely available.

EDIT 7/5/2023: Officially withdrawing Sapphire Waters as I intend to handle her in SC3. However, since Betty Quinn has passed out of V8, she can be added to the open permissions list, as I am her original handler (though I would appreciate it if any hopefuls would still check with Sunny as well, just in case)
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Hey, so most of mine are open with a pitch, granted I might be picker with some than others. Below is a comprehensive list of who is/isn't available.

Will note that if we do go with three, I've yet to decide upon a third, which could very well be one of the folks down below.

Open with a pitch

Joshua Krakowski (V4) - Chilled out 90s surfer dude.
Ruby Forrester (V5) - Snarky lesbian hipster whose got her own rock band and everything.
Jenna Rhodes (V5) - Conservative-leaning lady who dreams of becoming a detective.
Cassie Chao (V8) - Quiet wallflower with an abundance of anxiety issues.
Amber Lyons (TV1) - Flirtatious party girl who swings both ways.
Todd Hudson (TV1) - Dumbass rich kid with a stupid haircut.
Anton Chevalier (Virtua) - Happy-go-lucky dancer who loves pop music, Jesus and Naruto.

Tentatively open with a pitch (will be a tad pickier than the above)

Brian Zhdanovich (V5) - Good-natured bisexual Russo-American. Might save him for SC4 if that ever becomes a thing, but open to lending him out if anyone's interested.
Mitch McDuffy (V8) - Daredevil southie and aspiring pro-gamer. Was originally going to be my second but decided to go with Bruce instead, might still want to play him in a future SC though.
Sophie Mason (PV1) - One half of the Mason Twins, the ruthless calculating one. Very unlikely to pass her off without a dynamite pitch, but never say never.
Stephanie Mason (PV1) - One half of the Mason Twins, the sympathetic one. Very unlikely to pass her off without a dynamite pitch, but never say never.
Damien Stone (PV2) - Aggressively patriotic soldier boy. Would need some heavy re-working as he's very much a Program character first-and-foremost.
Darren Decker (SOTF U) - Aspiring documentarian with his own YouTube account. Would need some significant tweaking to fit with the regular SOTF format, as well as ditching his found footage gimmick.

Not available

Ryuhei Sasagawa (BRAURPs) - BRAURP character, alas.
Marty J. Lovett (V4) - Was already in SC1
Maxwell Lombardi (V4) - Was already in SC2, and might be coming back...
Vera Osborne (V4) - One of my SC3 picks
Shawn Bellamy (V8) - Still alive (for now...)
Lillian Larsen (V8) - Still alive (for now...)
Keira MacDonald (Evo) - Was already in SC1
Bruce Nightingale (Virtua) - One of my SC3 picks
Eugene Schaffer (ORDG) - ORDG character, would need some HEAVY re-working anyway
None of my DOTF lot - Goes without saying, though Irene would've been a guaranteed third if I could. Ah well.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Salic

Post by Salic »

Hello I am posting here now

I have 3 OPEN kids:

Constance Blanchet (V8) [French photographer and wannabe anarchist]
John Davis (V8) [nice sailor dude who wants to join the Navy]
Kirsten Slagel (Cyber) [deeply closeted and skeptical Chatty Kathy]

Retracting my requirement for pitches for these three; they're open! The only mandatory condition is that they get different outfits. :catOK:
Also please send me a message letting me know that you're claiming them

These children were adopted AND require a pitch, talk to their original handler/current handler:

Lara Bullock is now dead, but talk to Slam as well
Alexander Hawthorne is no longer mine and dead, talk to Dogs231 about him

The following characters are unavailable for the time being:

Koushun Takami needs to be asked for Yoshitoki Kuninobu and Yoshio Akamatsu
Claudia Salgado is partially alive, which is too alive for SC3
Elizabeth Rodney of U is also too alive, but that will probably change (also has been adopted by DerArknight, talk to him)
Bailey Hersh of Cyber is alive, and was adopted from RetroVenus
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan

Return to “SC Planning/Discussion”