TV3: The Sixth Announcement

Fluff by Slam, announcement by Toben

Important news and notifications concerning the SOTF Mini site as a whole can be found here.
Slam

TV3: The Sixth Announcement

Post by Slam »

The Flotilla, 9:00 AM Local Time, International Waters

Food.

Lots and lots of food.

He eyed the decaying body in front of him. No response. Gave it an exploratory probe with his beak. No response. Dead as dinner. His dinner. No response.

He poked again, hooked off a piece of flesh within his bill. Tore it loose. Whoever this belonged to was not fighting back. Good. It was tasty. They were tasty. He tore off some more.

Another diner joined him. No, fuck off, this wasn’t for sharing. Mine, he squawked. The other one squawked back. A show of machismo, a fight over dinner. Wings were unfurled to look bigger. Squawks were louder to intimidate further. Squawk, Squawk, Mine, Mine. Finally the other one backed off. Pussy. Didn’t leave though, went down to the other end, to the LongLegs. Helped himself to a toe.

Good. Face was his. Soft. Easy to eat. He tore off a fresh piece. Yum.

Mentor HQ Boat, 9:00 AM Local Time, International Waters

"Good morning once again, students of Mangrove Garden, and a very happy April Twentieth to those of you who celebrate."

The voice of Ritzy Daggers chirped from speakers across the flotilla, arriving abruptly but right on time, and somewhere near the pool on the cruise ship, a startled pelican took flight in a flurry of feathers.

"You've kept busy overnight. Well, let's get right to business, shall we?

"Our first casualty is a hold-over: Shoshanna Kowalczyk ended up on the wrong side of Seo-yun Lee, and while she managed to limp away and give a very touching speech, none of that could mend the damage done by a shotgun.

"But just as bullets create problems, so too can they solve them. Gabriela Garcia-Campos demonstrated this quite clearly when she encountered an injured Hannah Choi, and made sure the girl was no longer suffering... granted, not quite the way Ms. Choi would've desired.

"After that, we had something new: for the first time ever, a contestant has killed not just one but two of their own teammates. Give it up for Ivan Rodriguez, who took down Dieffenbachia Rubus in a truly touching display of prioritizing a personal grudge over survival and common sense.

"Now, if it's betrayal you're going for, you'd do better to look to the example set by Verity Stewart, who lulled Alyssa Tibbett into a false sense of security, gave her a hug, and literally stabbed her in the back. That's the spirit. Remember that next time you're taking it easy outside your own team.

"Of course, that was always a complicated subject when it came to Emmett Purcell and his little would-be alliance. Well, Amanda Brooks sure simplified the situation when she cracked him over the head and sent him over the edge. Take note: kills of honorary teammates still count, if they didn't start the game with your bandanna.

"Next up, Genevieve Erickson took advantage of our very generous Danger Zone time extension by dawdling slightly longer than she otherwise would've gotten away with. Give a minute, take an hour...

"At least after that we got something much more exciting: a final showdown between RJ Blackburn and Anthony Golden. Anthony seemed to be down for the count, but taking anything for granted can cost you, like it cost RJ an axe to the head.

"Speaking of, Sylvain Kessler had to pay a hefty toll too, though his mistake was a little more innocent. He let his guard down around Sergio Gallo, and lost his gun and his life for it. Just because someone doesn't have any kills to their name yet doesn't mean they aren't a danger.

"That is the reasoning you used when you got into a fight with Britnee Joyner, isn't it, Anthony Golden? It was something like that. Well, whatever the case, you came out ahead once again, this time in a tug of war with a bottle of acid. That leaves you with four kills of your own. Congratulations, you're officially the second-biggest individual threat in the game.

"Rounding things out, Jodi Hunter and Mariko Whitney crossed paths, and weapons, and found themselves evenly matched enough that neither walked away. I know playing to not lose is frowned on in some circles, but, well, it does have its benefits from time to time.

"Where does that leave us? Oh, right, the state of the game. We're solidly over halfway now, for starters. The end is in sight, so keep up the good work. Oh, and every single team—yes, even counting the Loner—has now scored at least one kill.

"Here's the overall team status update:

"With six members remaining and a commanding thirteen kills, the Crabs are once again the front-runners. It looks like nature is working on evolving a winner.

"The Krakens come in second in kills, with eight, but they're not sitting so pretty otherwise. Four remaining members doesn't leave them in the worst shape, but let's just say the work isn't being spread evenly.

"But it could be worse. It could be the Selkies, who also have four standing, but with a mere five kills to their collective name... and two of those self-inflicted casualties. If you're one of the survivors, better watch your back around 'friendly' bandannas.

"The Leviathans are tied for largest remaining team, with six still in play, but they're also tied for last place in kills, with only three tallied. Can they pivot into a more proactive stance, or will their numbers just pad someone else's count?

"Of course, they're sitting pretty compared to the sideshow that is the Mariners. Also with only three kills, the Mariners are the smallest team left, with a mere three members alive.

"The Buccaneers, meanwhile, are our most middling team. At five survivors, they're well-equipped but not on top, and with four kills, they're not on the bottom but fairly close.

"The Sirens are like the Buccaneers' slightly more successful cousin, also with five members but sporting a combined six kills—and without that unfortunate little friendly fire incident the Buccaneers have.

"Finally, our Loner lives on, and has scored a single kill.

"With that taken care of, it's time for Danger Zones. All of the old ones remain in effect, and we're also adding the Clipper Ship, the RocketBoat, and the Ghost Ship. And just a piece of advice for those of you paying attention: if you haven't become acquainted with the Cruise Ship yet, you may want to consider doing so, because you'll probably be spending some time there soon. Unless you die, of course.

"That's all I've got. Tune in tonight for the evening news. For now, this is Ritzy Daggers signing off."

Weather: 9:00 AM, Day Four, Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The still waters remain, and the early part of the day is cooler than the last, with clouds passing overhead prolonging the gloom well into mid-morning. As the afternoon wears on, however, the sky clears, and it is another beautiful day, brilliant and sunny. The seventh announcement will arrive at 9:00 PM on Tuesday, April 20.

And, the rolls. Please remember all appropriate etiquette.

1. Rhonda Rollins (Aura)
2. Sofia Kowalski (MostlyHarmfulll)
3. Gabriela Garcia-Campos (Catche Jagger) - James Highchurch (Catche Jagger, Swap Card used)
4. Diana McIntyre (Ohm)

Three days for cards, and a further seven for deaths. Once again, we're going to be turning post review on for the DZs after the first period (seven days) elapses, so don't panic if your post does not immediately show up after that window; staff will approve it ASAP.
[+] Logs
Namira — Today at 1:47 PM
Behold, a rolling list:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2649&p=29372#p29372
What would we like to do? I am happy to call names
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:50 PM
I want dice
and it's probably easier on Slam if he does numbers
Slam — Today at 1:50 PM
I am good with numbers
Namira — Today at 1:52 PM
Alrighty. Rolling four.
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:52 PM
we doing test rolls?
Namira — Today at 1:52 PM
Mmhm!
Slam — Today at 1:52 PM
Shall I start?
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:52 PM
ye
Slam — Today at 1:53 PM
Ok!
Roll the Test!
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:53 PM
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:53 PM
@chef-shaped hole,
29 ⟵ [29] 1d32
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:53 PM
(we do another test roll)
Slam — Today at 1:54 PM
Wait am I waiting on a name in a test case
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:54 PM
nah
Namira — Today at 1:54 PM
Nope
OK!
Roll the Second Test!
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:54 PM
@chef-shaped hole,
31 ⟵ [31] 1d32
Looks like it's working properly
Seems shipshape
Let's begin the operation
good to go
Roll the first!
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:54 PM
@chef-shaped hole,
29 ⟵ [29] 1d32
29. Rhonda Rollins (Aura)
Slam — Today at 1:55 PM
Roll the second!
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:55 PM
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:55 PM
@chef-shaped hole,
11 ⟵ [11] 1d32
Namira — Today at 1:55 PM
11. Sofia Kowalski (MostlyHarmfulll)
Slam — Today at 1:55 PM
Roll the third!
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
@chef-shaped hole,
29 ⟵ [29] 1d32
Namira — Today at 1:55 PM
Reroll
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
@chef-shaped hole,
1 ⟵ [1] 1d32
Namira — Today at 1:56 PM
1. Gabriela Garcia-Campos (Catche Jagger)
Slam — Today at 1:56 PM
Roll the fourth!
chef-shaped hole — Today at 1:56 PM
d32
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 1:56 PM
@chef-shaped hole,
5 ⟵ [5] 1d32
Namira — Today at 1:56 PM
5. Diana McIntyre (Ohm)
Slam — Today at 1:56 PM
Fin
Namira — Today at 1:58 PM
That's a wrap! Logs to come.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Hello! I’m 50/50 on whether I’m gonna swap here, because I’ve got a lot of irons in the fire with both members of my cast. As such, though I know it to be unlikely, I would really appreciate a hero.

In the meantime, I will accept death ideas for both characters.
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue
M35-Muhammad Abbasi - "Hey, it’s okay now. We’re both in this together, right?"
PV3P: 1-2-3-4 | After: 1

M38-Nathan Kirchhoff - "Shit."
PV3P: 1-2-3-4
[+] TV3
ImageCK08FR04 - James Highchurch - “Okay, yeah. Exit strategy. I’ll… Yeah, I’ll think about that.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19

ImageBC05 - Gabriela Garcia-Campos - “This is how things are here, the way the show is. So I need to get over it.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1-2-3
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14
[+] AUs
International
O19 - Archibald "Archie" Harper - "That’s why we’ve gotta fight the fuck back, one step at a time."
International: 1-2-3

O11 - Jen Mara Tuiqamea (adopted from Cicada and jimmydalad)
International: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Supers
Alan Melnyk - "What you’ve gotta do is say ‘fuck em’ and keep doing you."
Memories: 1-2-3
Supers: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11
After: 1-2-3
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Man, that sucks. Not only because I enjoy writing Sofia and have some good plans I would love to do with her, but also because I believe that her dying now could affect the whole Respect-plotline in a negative way.

So yeah, I would love a hero.

On the other hand, I would also welcome death ideas. While I have some concepts of my own, there is always the opportunity of someone coming up with something cooler, so if you have something don't be shy to hit me up on Discord or here via PM!
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

I would love a hero at this point as Diana has come to a point in her story that I have thought about for a long while and would really like to continue with.

Otherwise, death ideas are fine I guess.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Hi everyone. I have absolutely loved writing Rhonda, and I'm really proud of the storyline that I've been working on with her, and I would love more than anything to continue working on her story. If anyone has a hero card that they would be willing to spare for her, then I would be extremely grateful.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Okay, fully come to conclusions on this one by now, so I'm going to make it official. I'm swapping in James for Gabriela. Heroes are still welcome, but I understand that others may need them more urgently at this time. Additionally, I believe that I've settled on a death idea, so I need no further submissions on that front.
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue

[+] TV3
ImageCK08FR04 - James Highchurch - “Okay, yeah. Exit strategy. I’ll… Yeah, I’ll think about that.”

ImageBC05 - Gabriela Garcia-Campos - “This is how things are here, the way the show is. So I need to get over it.”
[+] AUs
International
O19 - Archibald "Archie" Harper - "That’s why we’ve gotta fight the fuck back, one step at a time."

Supers
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

I decided on a death. Big thank you to everyone who showed interest!
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

One day, fourteen hours, and forty-three minutes for cards.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Eighteen hours and forty-three minutes for cards! A further seven for deaths.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Past time for cards!

We realized we kept the DZ deadline from last announcement due to copy/pasting, so in the interests of fairness we'll go by what's stated, meaning three days, fourteen hours, and twenty-seven minutes for normal activity and then three more days for final posts. Death deadline is at final DZ deadline.
Aura

Post by Aura »

I would like to request a three-day extension for Rhonda's death. I will be at a hotel for the weekend without access to solid wi-fi, so I won't be able to write up her death scene during that time.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Aura wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:23 am I would like to request a three-day extension for Rhonda's death. I will be at a hotel for the weekend without access to solid wi-fi, so I won't be able to write up her death scene during that time.
Granted!

Two days, eight hours, and eight minutes for normal DZ activity. Three more for DZ exit posts and non-extended deaths.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Putting in a request for a three-day extension. Reasons being different time zones with the participants and some real life circumstances with my family.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Guess I will also need an extension. Sofia is still in a thread that she can't leave that easily, so odds are I won't even be able to start with the death during the ten days.

I would like to ask for a ten day extension.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Adding that James is in a similar position to Sofia so I need to second the request for extension. Asking for an extra week, due to the need to resolve outstanding obligations and the difficulty for some involved to match with the pace that meeting the deadlines this would now require.
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue

[+] TV3

[+] AUs
International

Supers
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck

Return to “Announcements”