What position would your kid play in Basketball?

Discuss topics pertinent to SOTF Mini here.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

What position would your kid play in Basketball?

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Gimme a kid on Mini and I'll read that kid's profile on Mini and let you know what position they'd play in the sport of Basketball.

EXPLANATIONS:
Stat lines follow this fomula:
Points - Rebounds - Assists.

Positions are:
1 - Point Guard - Person who brings the ball up the court, the main distributor of the ball
2 - Shooting Guard - High scoring position, plays on the outside, good shooter
3 - Small Forward - Usually a middling tall position, plays both inside and outside, a diverse player who's usually the best defender
4 - Power Forward - second tallest position, usually a defensive minded position with good footwork who plays in the 'paint' - around the rim.
5 - Center - Sometimes referred to as a 'rim protector', usually the tallest and sometimes least athletic member of the team. Primary rebounder and defender.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Ooh, can you do Karen from TV1?
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Derrick Thomson
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Makaria Wang
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Fabiano would be interesting (okay, he is the only choice anyway).
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
The Honeless Beard

Namira wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 pmKeiji Tanaka
Scouting Report: Keiji is 6'3" and is in great shape, with some Soccer, swimming, and skating dalliances meaning his footwork for a 6'3" guy is probably godly. With his general energy and love with fast-pace scoring, we're also going to assume his handle developed quickly - being a good footwork guy with a decent handle allows Keiji to both slash towards the bucket as well as work around screens.

Analysis: Keiji probably started off as a 2, but anyone with eyes quickly put him at the 1 position to exploit mismatches on both offense and defense, as Keiji is taller than most other point guards on the court. Keiji's passing improved dramatically throughout his first few high school seasons, allowing his most deadly play - the slash-and-kick - to flourish as his handle improved.

Signature Shot: Keiji definitely perfected the fallaway jumper, likely seeking out the shortest defender on the court with screens and switches and just sticking 17 and 15 footers over them.

Standard statline: 18-8-9 with two blocks and likely 3-5 fouls per game. Keiji will get everyone involved and pull down some long 3 pointer rebounds, but likely isn't the highest scorer on the court.
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
The Honeless Beard

MurderWeasel wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:02 pm Ooh, can you do Karen from TV1?
Scouting Report: Karen's on the shorter side and the slender side, but soccer helps her here with her speed and endurance. She's also somewhat standoffish and quiet, meaning that she's somewhat of an X factor that likely doesn't form chemistry with her teammates. She doesn't shoot the ball often, and when she does it's a desperation high pressure shot that clanks off the side of the backboard. Where she makes her bones is her defense, being low to the ground allows her to swipe at the ball some.

Analysis: Karen is easily a 3rd string point guard, so we're sticking her at the one. She likely doesn't see much court time unless the 2nd and 1st string players get into foul trouble or there's a desperate situation. The one place Karen shines is her free throws - her work ethic and the quiet, alone nature of free throws resulted in her making them at an elite level.

Signature shot: A drive to the bucket that will in no way make it but will result in getting fouled, sending Karen to the line to grab 2 easy points.

Standard statline: 6-0-1 with 1 steal and fouling out in her 6th minute of play. Karen's automatic from the line, but otherwise doesn't bring a lot to the table.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
The Honeless Beard

Ohm wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pmDerrick Thomson
Scouting Report: Derrick, while very undersized, was born to be sort of the enforcer and heart of the team. Though Derrick doesn't have a lot of athleticsm, he's fully invested in strategy as well as scouting the other team, and knows the team's playbook by heart. He works hard to have chemistry with his teammates and is often the one hauling a teammate to their feet after a fall or speaking to referees when he feels a call went the wrong way.

Analysis: Derrick likely benefits from positionless basketball, but we'll slot him in at a bench player and earmark him for a 2 or a 3. Derrick can probably work out okay on the layup line and shoots an ok free throw, but his real game is likely being a shotcaller and communicator on defense where he works hard to figure out what the other team is running.

Signature shot: A bank-shot in the paint that goes off the backboard and in.

Standard statline: 4-3-2 and a takeway from intercepting a pass. Unathletic, but likely developed a sense of where the opposing team is going with the play and can work to express that to his teammates.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
The Honeless Beard

Yonagoda wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:07 pmMakaria Wang
Scouting Report: At 5'8 and 130, Makaria can only really occupy an outside position on the court, and lacks a lot of decision making guts that are needed to be a primary ball handler. His hand-eye coordination and dexterity, however, allows him to flourish when around the basket making finger-roll layups and jumpshots, making him one of the more consistent scoring threats. If the first few shots don't go in for Makaria, however, he tends to collapse, often passing open looks and frustrating his team.

Analysis: Makaria has a decent body size for a point guard, but we'll slot him in at the 2 because Makaria likely is a catch-and-shoot guy - takes the open pass and chucks a shot immediately. Makaria works best with open shots from the corner or around the rim, and doesn't have the handles or speed to close distances or work on pick and rolls, usually needing the perfect play drawn up for him to be productive. This lack of decision making ability and Basketball IQ, coupled with the lack of confidence if the night isn't going his way, results in him being a third scoring option, maybe even the fourth.

Signature shot: Lightning-quick jumpshot with a high release from the 3 point line, almost as soon as the ball touches his hands.

Standard statline: On an on-night: 21-3-4. On an off-night: 3-0-0. In both cases, a poor defender.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
The Honeless Beard

mostlyharmfulll wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:13 pm Fabiano would be interesting (okay, he is the only choice anyway).
Scouting Report: Fabiano is 6' tall and a very sturdy 165, earmarking him for the best defensive candidate we have so far. Decent jumper due to his rock-climbing abilities and likely very good at going for contested rebounds and blocking shots. Is a bit of a loner, so likely hasn't found chemistry with any of his pass-first teammates but makes up for it by being a solid rock defensively. Is athletic enough to pull off some decent dunks and low-post moves, but isn't a reliable scorer as his outside game has struggled.

Analysis: Fabiano normally wouldn't be tall enough for the position, but in high school basketball things get more wiggly. He's slotted in at the 3 as a small forward, and is the most diverse defensive player on the court, able to guard any of the positions 1 through 4. He probably worked on his hook shot all summer long and because of his patience and determination, is a high percentage free throw shooter.

Signature shot: Turn-around hook shot with an elbow out to push the defender away.

Standard statline: 12-11-1 with 2 blocks
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Here you go, Naft!

Tiny Sterling
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

Verity Stewart, because you apparently think she can somehow beat people who are actually physically fit in a game of basketball.
[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

i guess pippi
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

i may not know anything about basketball but what i do know is i like adding to naft's workload so talk about luanne or i'll cry
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”