What position would your kid play in Basketball?

Discuss topics pertinent to SOTF Mini here.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Ohm wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:38 pm Double-dipping with Zoe Walker.
Scouting Report: Zoe is athletic and aggressive, which scouts like. She takes things personally and is competitive. If there's a knock on her mental game, it's that she gets caught in the 'hero ball' mentality of putting the team on her back. She likely has a lot of battles with defenders, probably getting caught using the same moves and trusting her overpowering athleticism to get buckets vs using her head to outsmart opponents. Can't run the offense, but is a key part of it.

Analysis: Zoe is a 4 - power forward - and likely has plays drawn up where she drives to the basket after a few cuts around screens. Zoe doesn't take 3's, instead using her frame to power her way to the basket.

Signature shot: Driving into a defender and reversing the ball into the hoop.

Standard statline: 20-9-1 on efficient shooting.
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Slam

Post by Slam »

In the interest of fairness I'll double-dip with Junji Yamada.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

The air was three degrees colder. It felt like everything was going to collapse, and you can't do a thing about it, can't you?

The court would fall.

Eventually.

But, before that, Vasily Ivanov yawned and kicked a basketball. It bounced once, twice, and then rolled halfway across the court, signaling the beginning of the End.

Triple dip.
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

double dipping with bri'ish
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
RetroVenus
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by RetroVenus »

put me in coach (Elliott-Blair Østergaard)
avatar by pan, sprite by the wonderful Yugikun
[+] that which shall be tuned
x.
[+] that which was discarded
ImageElliott-Blair Østergaard — Rocketman — "Was that all you wanted?"
Profile | Memories 1 | Pregame 1 | TV3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The Honeless Beard

Slam wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 pm In the interest of fairness I'll double-dip with Junji Yamada.
Scouting Report: So Junji is a big hulk, though mostly through being overweight. He also is an aggressive dude and is probably terrible on the athleticism scale, doesn't play defense, and has some real confidence issues. He can box out down low and he argues for rebounds with the refs, but is likely going to need to stick to the edge of the wood in order to have any real impact.

Analysis: We'll slot Junji at the 5, because he's kinda tall but he can't run, jump, block, or shoot. He's a bench player, and you only put him in to foul the other team's center.

Signature shot: A snot rocket into a waste paper bucket.

Standard statline: 0-0-1 with 6 fouls at 4 minutes.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
The Honeless Beard

Yonagoda wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:48 pm The air was three degrees colder. It felt like everything was going to collapse, and you can't do a thing about it, can't you?

The court would fall.

Eventually.

But, before that, Vasily Ivanov yawned and kicked a basketball. It bounced once, twice, and then rolled halfway across the court, signaling the beginning of the End.

Triple dip.
Scouting Report: Vasily is slight and is of average height as negatives, but has amazing footwork and decent hand-eye coordination because of airsoft, which means he's likely a pretty good shooter that would start bricking before adjusting aim. His lack of an eye, however, would probably hurt him on defense - his weak side would be fairly exploitable but putting him on the court guarantees offense after a heat-check or two.

Analysis: Slotting Vasily in at the 3, because he's going to be a 0 on defense so we may as well match him against a bigger slower person so he can run laps around 'em. Vasily is likely the 6th person on the bench - first in for a struggling starter to get decent minutes and begin jacking up 3s and diving to the rack.

Signature shot: A euro-step into a floater that goes off the square and in.

Standard statline: 18-2-0 in 20 minutes, likely a +/- of -2.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

http://sotfmini.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... rity_Tress what about my daughter, second chance tres
The Honeless Beard

Picking this back up in case there's more interest.
Dogs231 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm double dipping with bri'ish
Scouting Report: Lex is gonna be freaking useless on the court, with a stick thin figure and absolutely no athleticsm to speak of. What he's amazing at, though, is getting all kinds of video formats to play on the school's old beat up VCR. He's like 9th on the bench and gets put in when there's a huge lead so he can excuse buying his uniform, but he can't shake the habit of calling the court a pitch and is too busy worried about how he comes across on film.

Analysis: Part of this exercise is slotting folks no matter what (except when it's funny) so Lex is forced to be a 3 guard because this team has a lot of short kings which means his puny ass frame is actually average. He can't keep his elbows down when guarding and is clumsy on foot but he tries real hard and that's what his team loves about him.

Signature shot: Apologizing instinctively every time he goes for a board.

Standard statline: 0-4-0 in 8 minutes.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
The Honeless Beard

RetroVenus wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:18 pm put me in coach (Elliott-Blair Østergaard)
Scouting Report: 5 feet??? 95 pounds????? holy shit. No. No, no, no no no. He can probably run for a long ass time with roller blading as a hobby but fuck dude this kid would get absolutely destroyed. It'd be different if he could bring offense to the court but he's quite literally gonna be a pylon to dunk over.

Analysis: EBO has to be a 1 guard for this squad to have a shot, and his big contributor is gonna be hustle stats (if he's willing to sacrifice the body for the squad, and we've seen in TV3 that that's obviously true). EBO's move is to crouch even lower as to not be noticed, plant his feet, and get smoked for an offensive foul which gives his team the ball back and sends him to the fucking shadow realm.

Signature shot: Landing on his back and not injuring his tailbone.

Standard statline: 4-0-2 in 14 minutes of court time.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
The Honeless Beard

Lilith wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:47 pm http://sotfmini.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... rity_Tress what about my daughter, second chance tres
I just fuckin' clocked the SC3 thing.

Scouting Report: Seychelle is gonna be our pressure cooker - she's known as a 'cooler' on the basketball court. Basically, when things get down to the wire and your team has a 4 point lead and the other team starts fouling, in rolls Seychelle. Seychelle ain't missing any big time free throws. Seychelle is gonna fuckin' chuck em up and make dead eye contact with the other team's best scorer and lock em up on the D. And then Seychelle's gonna fucking collapse because she doesn't run anywhere.

Analysis: Seychelle is a floater, but she's mostly a 3-4 guard because she can get the ball down low and get fouled. Her whole game is going to be around getting fouls. She's likely put in at the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters, to hold a lead or hold on to a comeback.

Signature shot: A perfect free throw shot while glaring daggers at the other team's grown ass coach.

Standard statline: 6-1-2 in 4 minutes, icing the game.
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

but what's Penders' basketball position and role, nyaft
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”