ES0: EMMY'S SELKIES [2/12]

Here are the profiles of all the students who competed in Season 67, as well as the teams to which they were assigned.
Namira

ES0: EMMY'S SELKIES [2/12]

Post by Namira »

EMMY'S SELKIES

Insignia:
A silhouette of a long-haired, feminine figure with the lower body of a seal, black on white.

Members:

ES01: Alaska Ferguson [DECEASED]
Grade: 12
Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver

ES02: Giselle Filmore [DECEASED]
Weapon: Titanic-Shaped Ice Cube Mold

ES03: Cory Cartwright [DECEASED]
Weapon: Diving Knife

ES04: Leonard Kenter [DECEASED]
Grade: 11
Weapon: Scuba Gear

ES05: Dieffenbachia Rubus [DECEASED]
Weapon: Dummy Grenade

ES06: Timothy Torales [DECEASED]
Weapon: Glock 18c

ES07: Laurence Clifford [DECEASED]
Weapon: Buckler

ES08: Genevieve Erickson [DECEASED]
Weapon: Colt 1911A1 Air Pistol

ES09: Sylvain Kessler [DECEASED]
Weapon: Car Battery and Jumper Cables

ES10: Akeno Kudo [DECEASED]
Weapon: Wire Garrote

ES11: Olivia del Rio
Weapon: Ten Kills, One Life by Jewel Evans

ES12: Ivan Rodriguez
Weapon: Novelty War Pick

Mentor:

‘The Schoolmate’
“I know these guys better than anyone. They're my friends.”

Name: Eun-Mi Emmeryn 'Emmy' Soon

Appearance: Emmy is a tall and lean woman, 5'10" in height and weighing 128 lbs. She is Korean-American with Korean parents, and shares their skintone. She is narrow-hipped and waisted with an angular bone structure and light curves which are only really enough to register because of how slim she is. There is a small amount of athleticism to her build, mostly in her legs, which have better-developed muscles than any of the rest of her body. Her features are androgynous, with a well-defined jawline and a magazine-worthy white-teethed smile that would catch many people calling her 'handsome' rather than 'pretty'. Emmy wears makeup in efforts to emphasise the more feminine aspects of her face, filling out her lips with lipstick and adding depth around her eyes with eye shadow, normally utilising darker hues such as purple and black. Her eyes are dark brown, as is her natural hair colour, although she has been known to wear long white wigs or red and black extensions when performing. Her hair grows slowly, and at the moment is an awkward in-between phase where her bob cut isn't quite reaching her jawline on either side. She has a lobe piercing in each ear, and is starting to experiment with stretching them out with small black plugs.

Emmy dresses in neutral-light colours in a style that leans feminine but falls short of being out-and-out girly, as many outfits that she would like to wear trigger off her dysphoria. Her heavily-begrudged promotional attire was a double-sleeved shirt, primarily blue and the protruding sleeves in white, along with a mid-length buckled skirt, tights and short black boots. However, she spent the majority of the time failing/refusing to put much effort into what she wore, frequently turning up to her 'duties' in baggy sweats.

Biography: Emmy is a senior grade student of Mangrove Garden High School, picked up at the same time as her peers were selected for Season 67. However, in the latest twist to the teams and mentors formula of recent seasons, instead of being placed into the game, Emmy was instead semi-randomly chosen from the field to lead a team. With little more than a crash course in expectations for the role and a whirlwind briefing on which students were being placed in her charge, Emmy was thrust into the spotlight and left to sink or swim.

Prior to this sudden upheaval, Emmy hadn't exactly had the easiest run at Mangrove Garden. A former standout centreback of the school's male soccer team, Emmy came out as transgender in her sophomore year to considerable uproar from her fellows. The disruption caused by her withdrawal from the team caused several teammates to blame her for the Cougars crashing out of their playoff run and subsequent decline in the team's fortunes. Her considerable social status as the handsome, athletic and confident captain of the team was also shredded, and she lost many friends after coming out. Unbeknownst to many, Emmy was already suffering from severe depression prior to this point and while beginning her transition helped with some of her troubles, the subsequent ostracism caused a host of separate issues.

Due to the loss of her popular circle, Emmy leaned more heavily into her odder social group and interests for support, exploring more heavily her curiosity in faeries and the occult. She also played in a goth/punk band as a violinist, and while this pre-dated her transition, she used the band as a confidence-booster to indulge in some of her more eccentric fashion and style choices. On stage has been the only area in which she has felt comfortable enough to wear elaborate black gothic dresses, for example, and she has experimented with different colour contact lenses too.

As a mentor, Emmy has floundered, struggling to balance her so-called responsibilities with the earthshaking impact of being part of SOTF. She is wracked with guilt and riddled with doubt, wrestling with relief over not being on the island and self-loathing over being picked out to survive. Whilst she has been assigned a handler to support her in her duties, Emmy's mental and emotional state is fragile, and it's clear to anyone who sees her that she is feeling lost and adrift in this strange new world of hers.

Questionnaire:
[+] Questionnaire
Name: Eun-Mi Emmeryn 'Emmy' Soon

Team Colours: White

First Season of SotF: Whatever.

Favourite Food: Seriously?

Favourite Colour: Seriously?

Favourite SOTF contestant: I'd say this is in poor taste, but everything about this is fucked up.

What you bring to the season: A punchline, apparently. Whoever came up with this is sick.

Why your team is going to win: You want me to tell you how I can maybe keep some of my friends alive? You're twisted, you know that?

What was it like being asked to be a mentor for Season 67? I wasn't asked.

What’s it like being a mentor? The worst experience in my life.

Who is your favourite co-worker? I don't like any of them.

What’s the best weapon this season, in your opinion? I don't care.

What’s the best location this season, in your opinion? I don't care.

Which team is your stiffest competition? I. Don't. Care.

Any parting words for the fans at home? I'm not answering any more of these stupid questions. I'm done.

Briefing:
[+] Briefing
The screens lit up, and there upon them, red-eyed, black trails running down her cheeks, was Emmy Soon.

"Hey everyone. It's uh, it's Emmy. Emmy Soon. We went to school together.

"I am so, so sorry.

I don't understand why they decided to put you in there and keep me back here. I don't understand what makes me special or deserving, and I am just—" Her words were cut off by a heavy sob. She took several seconds to compose herself, rubbing at her eyes with her forearm. "—I'm sorry. Maybe they just picked me out of a hat, or... or... it doesn't matter. I'm sorry.

"Hate me if you want to, I get it. You can yell, o-or cuss me out, or whatever you want. If you don't want me to speak to you, just say and I won't bug you again. I—I can't imagine how it feels like and—and please believe me that I-I'm not sitting here laughing it up. I didn't know anything about any of this. And... and I get it if you think I'm lying, but I'm not. I swear that I'm not."

There was a long delay before she spoke again, just sitting there on screen, sniffling, trying to keep herself composed.

"I don't want to help you guys to kill each other. I know it's Survival of the Fittest but I can't. I just can't."

She looked away. When her eyes returned, they were more dry, calmer.

"But I can try help you stay alive. I will try. I promise you. I'll do everything that I can, whether that's escaping or—whether it's escaping. Try and stick together with the team but...but don't toss people out just because they're on another team. You've all got allies and friends, and—and for what it's worth, you've got me.

"I know you might not want to trust me but if you're willing to listen, I'll do my very best.

"And... I'm sorry."

Another sniff, heavy with tears. The transmission ended.

Team Conclusion: A heart-filled team with disparate backgrounds and interests, will the Selkies be able to settle their differences and co-exist as a unit? Under-equipped, but armed with enviable knowledge of the game, perhaps their unique mentor will prove to be their secret weapon!

Mentor Comment: "I'm not giving you a cute little soundbite. Go away."

Return to “TV3 Student Roster”