Feeble Cursed One!

Somewhere between a ship and a waterborne building, this establishment is decorated in Chinese motifs, its roof gilded in gold trim and its walls covered in murals depicting the mythology and history. Inside, the restaurant is much more like a land-based building than it is a ship, with two floors of seating, tiled restrooms, and an expansive kitchen. Large tanks and cages once held live fish and lobsters, allowing the customers to select their dinners fresh, but these currently sit empty.
Namira

Feeble Cursed One!

Post by Namira »

((Continued from ))

Still going. Still working. Sort of.

Turned out the info Stokes sold had an expiry date. Mixed feelings there. Lucille and Sofia... what had gone down there? Wasn't any benefit to a team kill in the rankings, so that left either tactics or emotions. Thing was, just cause it didn't count for ten didn't mean there might not be a reason. Same side didn't mean same side, not always.

Well. Anyhow. She'd passed it on while it still mattered. Built up credit. Rep.

Was she stacking it fast enough? She didn't know that she was.

So, there she sat at the counter.

She had new appreciation for the editorial process. Cut out a shitload of the sitting around.

God, she wished she could feel bored.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

((King of Hearts continued from his rebirth.))

It was about thirty minutes since the announcement, since the words on the microphone told him all he’d already seen. Besides Keegan and Vasily, it was a bunch of nobody’s and Eric whom lucked out someone got to him before he did. Whatever, fat little turd died like the nobody he was, big whoop.

Fisk prowled the docks, looking for something, anything to be his ‘message’. Could’ve been someone he’d encountered before, could’ve been someone with a lot of friends. Just had to be someone that mattered. Upon seeing a makeshift sign in the distance, he might not have to look too hard.

“Trade... Ain’t that something.” He spoke, turning his head to the camera. A grin behind a painted grin. “Let’s see what they got.” With a flourish and a twirl of his hook, he placed upon his shoulder, as he began skipping his way ever closer to the floating restaurant.

He stopped, just beyond the door. This could be a trap. Hell, Seo Yun could be on the other side ready to blow him through the door. Maybe that’s how she got all her kills, playing the Karen game. How gauche... then again, this whole thing could be legitimate too. Could have a little enclave inside too. They might blast him too.

He decided to do a little peek before walking in, just to be safe. Looked like... Just one. Little barricade, lot of random things. Things that could be useful for one who’s creative. Eh, it seemed fine. He peeled himself from the window, leaving whites, blues, and purples stained on it.

He made his way through the door.

“Well, well, welly welly, well, well, well, Stokely! Hard at work or hardly working? Didn’t know you had an entrepreneurial bent!”

He stopped, and glanced around. Place looked empty except for the two of them.

“Looks like business is booming here... How are ya?”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Not. Good.

Fisk was hard to miss in a crowd. Distinctive way of dressing, big personality. He'd been programmed to catch an audience long before he ever hit TV screens. Two kills, one as a pair. Pair with someone who was dead now.

That'd have been enough cause for recognition and concern.

Add the way he'd made himself up? The designs on his face? The streaks in the makeup? The too-bright greeting?

Trouble wasn't a suit of cards, but Stokes had just been dealt it.

"Yeah. Doing okay. Keepin busy."

Take a look. Get out. No trade could be worth the cost here.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Oh. That’s good.”

“I’ve been keeping busy myself.” Fisk laughed, glanced at the ground before looking at Stokes. “Had a lot of bumps in the process, whole lotta setbacks, but hey, I’m thinking I’m back.”

“Anyways, enough about me. Let’s talk about you. How’s this whole thing you’ve started been going? See a lot of people?”

“Any of them mention me?”
Namira

Post by Namira »

Keeping busy.

No doubt.

Scoring two kills didn't mean attempting two murders, just that he'd stuck the landing twice. He'd been working with Vasily at least enough to share credit.

Sure, it was possible that Fisk had defended himself. It was possible that there'd been a situation like the one outside with Kaya. Stokes had worked her way through that situation and even cut a deal. Maybe he deserved the benefit of the doubt.

The problem was that in SOTF, people did things for a reason. Like sure, sometimes the reason was that they were stupid as hell, but they had some kind of logic going on, even if it was bad logic.

Why fuck around with your appearance? Lot of reasons. Make sure you stood out. Make sure friends knew it was you. Intimidation. Tribalism - a kind of uniform.

The one Stokes had seen the most, though? Commitment. Signal a change to yourself. Draw a physical line to go along with whatever moral or mental one you'd chosen.

What'd Fisk committed to doing?

"It's going. Seen a few."

Below the table top, her fist clenched.

"Why? They got a reason to bring you up?"
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“If they seen me they should’ve.” He smiled.

He crossed his legs, and leant into the hook cane, standing up, like the Planters peanut man. He closed his eyes and nodded, as if taking pride in the implications. Maybe Stokes knew what he was capable, maybe someone did see him. Fisk opened his eyes again.

“I mean, if I were them, I wouldn’t have forgot what I saw, but... you’d honestly be surprised. People here are pretty, apathetic. Like... Akeno. She uhh, she doesn’t have friends. Just... meat shields she tolerates. I’d avoid her if I were you, she likes bringing her pals into danger-

-and being the only one to walk away. I honestly think that’s just her full game plan at this point.”

He gripped the pole just below the base of the hook, stood up straight.

“Met a lot of dirty people like that, I did. Least I’m honest about what I am.”

“Anywho.”

Fisk placed a hand on his hip, other arm wrapped around the hook pole, hand brushing his chin.

“What type of people came by? Just browsers, or anyone who actually did business?”
Namira

Post by Namira »

If Stokes had been making an abridged of this conversation, she'd have put in a red flag rocketing up over Fisk's head. Cash register sound. Chaching, RED FLAG. Should've brought him up.

Son of a bitch. Was Junior still sleeping? She needed her backup, throw Fisk off whatever groove he was building up. Cause make no mistake, he was building towards something. Didn't just walk up for a nice talk in this game. He was confident, and the more his confidence grew, the more likely he made a move that would be real bad for her.

Honest about what he was. Chaching.

"Got a couple deals done, actually."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"That's good. 'Least you're getting what you set out to do done."

Ah. Now we're getting somewhere. Stokes' answers were curt and to the point. Either she were hiding something, ooor, she were scared. Maybe both. Fisk reveled in the latter. He might even let her go to tell the tale. Build rep. Maybe drop a body off here like a cat with a squirrel, as extra ad revenue.

"So, you've been pretty busy with people then, huh? Pray tell, you get anyone of note? Figure if you've seen a lot of people there's gotta be a few you recognize, no?"

Fisk gets some names, he might get some leads into his next targets, maybe some good info on what they've got, or where they're going or what they're planning.
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Information doesn't come for free."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Fisk smiled. Okay, this sounds fun then, he’ll play along. His fingers drummed the haft of his hook.

“Right. Shrewd businesswoman you are, I’ll bite.” He clicked his tongue, figuring out the offer he would make.

“Well, I’ll be upfront. I’m looking for names, either people whom fucked around and have yet to find out, or the ones that helped them. Figure if they’re here trading I could get a lead on where they’re at, help them find out.”

He leaned against the hook again. “Whatchu’ buying? Got a lot of things. Got a banner. Got some rope, nails, wood. Can make a shiv in a pinch. Got pillowcases, duct tape. My associates got more.”

Fisk smiled.

“We offer ‘services’ too.”
Slam

Post by Slam »

“Let me guess, cock-sucking services?”

((Junji Yamada continued from Existence))

Junji entered the store with a wrinkled nose, the odorous swagger of that faggot douchebag unmistakable, even from behind. Which is probably how people usually saw him. Junji could also pin his voice down pretty easily; if he recalled correctly, the last time he heard it was telling him to waddle on back to his swamp. Now they were in a situation where Junji could legally murder him. Catharsis.

He might’ve already been reaching for his gun, if killing didn’t hold such little appeal for him at that point. He wondered if his last companion was done bleeding out yet. Maybe, maybe not. No word on the announcements yet.

There was also the fact that he only had a single bullet left. It was probably better to hold on to it for an emergency. Fisk didn’t warrant one. Really, the only person who would would be the one with a gun aimed at his face. Of course by then it would be too late, but Junji wasn’t thinking that far ahead.

It wasn’t that Junji was ignorant of Fisk’s announcement presence, though. He just wasn’t particularly concerned. He could take Fisk, easy. He didn’t move past Fisk, stood between him and the entrance with Stokes on his other side, but only out of apathy.

It was Stokes he was there to see, after all. He was glad she was still around, both in terms of being alive and in the same place. Trying to find her otherwise would’ve been an absolute bitch, and he wasn’t sure how many non-Stokes people he could see. Would’ve been better if she had been alone, but whatever. Maybe talking to her would make him feel less like killing everyone he met. Or, you know, make him feel less shit about it.

“Sup Stokes. Shop’s still open, eh?”
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Namira

Post by Namira »

Stokes' jaw clenched.

Danger, danger, danger.

Not just in the here and now, to her whole fucking plan. Cut a deal with Fisk, maybe he'd go, maybe he'd think of this as leverage, keep leaning on her. Once that started happening, the shop's safety was over. And, if it got around that she'd sold people out, then the whole premise fell to pieces. She wasn't neutral any more, she was part of the game. The perception of neutrality was a huge fucking component. Earn and keep trust by representing a party that wasn't involved. Didn't matter if that wasn't true, the point was stretching out the disguise.

Fuck, asides from that, it'd be setting a player group on the people she'd built the goodwill with in the first place, meaning she'd be back to square one. Fewer people alive who knew about her and felt they could trust her, the worse this worked.

Kicker was. Fisk was here. In her face. And he had 'associates'. So a team. Definitely players, right?

Goodwill was worth shit if you were dead.

Her mind was whirring, and then, like a chorus of angels, her saviour appeared. Junji. Last person she expected to walk back through that door. He had blood on his hands too, but... come on. It was Junji. Just because he wasn't aboard with her plan didn't make him untrustworthy. Didn't undo all those years.

Relief surged through her. With Junji here, she could duck the catch. 22. Fisk would think twice about starting shit with him here.

"Actually... was thinking about closing up for an hour or two. Friends and family only."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Nah.”

Of all the people, nay, of all the ants.

“Services like sending messages. Trussing people up. Torture. Murder. Yeah, sending messages.”

It was funny in a cosmic sort of way. So many people of value lost their lives, yet here was Junji, thriving in the sort of environment that for all intents and purposes should’ve chewed him up and shat him out, yet here we were.

Charles Darwin? You’re a fucking idiot. Sir Francis Galton? You’re also a fucking idiot. Feast your eyes upon the specimen behind Fisk. It’s very existence is proof your theories were just ramblings of mad men with an elementary understanding of environmental science at best.

Of all the people to show up. Fucking Junji. Figures he’d be here. Stokes was the only person in the history of people who’d tolerate that thing. He couldn’t help but turn his head back and forth, looking between the two. Fatty asked if the shop was still open.

“ ‘Course it w-“ Stokes cut him off. Nevermind, they were closing for the night. Fisk sucked his teeth.

“Tch, very well, then. I bid you all, vale.”

She wasn’t gonna give him shit then. That’s fine. You know what? That’s more than fine actually. Fisk had an idea! An awful, terrible, nasty idea. He really hoped this place was well traveled. He hoped the good chunk of remaining fodder knew of it.

Fisk started laughing. He spun his hook staff and rested it on his shoulders, as he turned to leave.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Junji stood in the way of Fisk’s exit just long enough to be obtrusive, before stepping aside and letting him pass. Before becoming an SOTF-TV celebrity, back in the old days, he would’ve drawn this whole thing out much longer. Fisk really was a piece of shit, after all, and Junji enjoyed pissing him off. At this point though, Junji was just too tired of putting in the effort to make a big deal out of things. Assert his dominance by not bowing out of Fisk’s way, then move on with his life.

After Fisk was gone and nothing else was between him and Stokes, he stepped towards her. Obviously he counted as Friends and Family, so he wasn't being kicked out anytime soon. If anything, he appreciated that Stokes had offered him the opportunity for time just between them. He tried to offer her a cocky grin, as was his penchant, but he couldn’t muster any more than a tired smile.

“Sup. Guess you get all the shitheads coming through here?”

He mimed Fisk waving his cane around with a smirking grin, but with no props on hand and no enthusiasm for a proper mimicry, it just looked like a random flail. He collected himself with a clear of the throat. Guess he didn’t have the energy to be hilarious these days.

“Seriously, sending messages? Torture? Murder? What a fucking tryhard.”

He shrugged at his own remark, though he knew that Fisk probably wasn’t sucking his own dick with those claims. He had been on the announcements, and his getup certainly screamed ‘desperate for attention’. He was also a drama faggot, Junji thought? Maybe? Maybe he was in that little shop of horrors show? Either way, it would all be very on brand. Sad prick.

“Man, you must be regretting having to deal with all those chucklefucks instead of coming-” he cut himself off before mentioning himself. Swallowed the words in his throat. He wanted to say them out loud, but he knew how that would come across. He didn’t want to make things weird and needy with Stokes. Even if that was the truth of the situation.

“...glad you’re not dead.” he finally muttered, shifting on the spot, avoiding eye contact.
Second Chances 3
Lucas Brady - Ultra-Premium Grade - 1

Nu-BRAU
B13: Yuichiro Takiguchi - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

SOTF: Supers
S028: Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] pregame
Lincoln Guenther - Gift: Soul Sphere - 1 - 2
Namira

Post by Namira »

Ho-ly shit.

Good to know her bad feeling was justified. Bad to have that guy running around with a chip on his shoulder.

Stokes had known this type of thing was a possibility. She'd really, really hoped that she would have more... well, just more by the time it rolled around. How much of Fisk just there was talk and bluster, how much was a legit threat?

Fuck.

Junji was smiling at her, but Stokes was already sinking down her chair, folding forward to thunk her head on the counter. She exhaled, huffing hot air out around her face. She raised her head a little, thunked it once more for good measure, and then finally straightened back up.

"Yeah, you too, Junji."

She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes.

"Thanks for coming. That could have got bad."

Return to “Floating Restaurant (Danger Zone)”