quick, make friends with my V8 kids before Zee and Turtle report me to Interpol

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Yugikun

quick, make friends with my V8 kids before Zee and Turtle report me to Interpol

Post by Yugikun »

Alrighty, so my status for V8 is that I definitely am going to run the first two kids and that the latter two kids last one are more “maybe” status, depending on if I’m able to write their profiles and/or if I get too busy with my other writing or not. There’s probably something else here but I can’t remember so if I think of it I’ll put it in here later. Anyway, here are the top two three kids:

Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart (full profile in there, though I'll probs fix a few things up) is isolated. Separated from her friend group and getting very mercilessly bullied for her Tourette's and her kinda weird personality in middle school left her very unable to talk to people and make friends in high school. While she still does have a group of people who she is pretty close with, for the most part she's just that person in the string ensemble and concert band and film club who hangs in the background and barely ever talks and is incredibly resentful of that fact, blaming it on others and dedicating quite a lot of internal vitriol to those who make friendships easy and/or seem happy with their lives because THEY HAVEN'T HAD IT AS HARD AS HER. Used to be in a relationship but the guy moved states after 10th grade and its been capital-c Complicated ever since, her trying to stay loyal to her boyfriend even though the two are talking to each other less and less and the relationship is kinda falling apart at the seams. Asexual, but still does feel romantic attraction. Has bipolar disorder but is undiagnosed and completely unaware of it. Hobbies include the internet, sci-fi, playing the cello, playing the timpani, looking at gore videos on the internet and seeing how long she can take looking at them because sometimes she hits major downpoints and that's what her mind compels her to do once she hits those downpoints, looking up alien conspiracy theories because she's really dissatisfied with her life and just wants aliens to be real so they can take her away from here, music, and film.

Looking For:
  • People Clover would know! For the most part she’s just kind of someone who hangs in the background of everything but if you’re one of the people who shares a club/activity with her (string ensemble, concert band, film club) maybe you know or have some thoughts on her?
  • Maybe if you’re one of those people you’re also a person who actually reached out and befriended her! I’m… actually pretty booked in terms of who Clover’s closest friends are but if you wanna be someone who’s a step below that then feel free to propose something!
  • A thing I’m thinking of is that while nobody really picks on Clover now that she’s in high school, but there’s enough resentment left over from middle school that she still feels like things are the same. Maybe like, if one or two people who gave her grief in middle school were also in her high school that would be cool?
[+] Relationships
  • Kyle ‘K’ Emerson (MethodicalSlacker) — The one good thing to come out of middle school. Pretty close to being the one good thing to come out of high school.
  • June Madison (Maraoone) — Friend group buddies! Clover still holds a lot to her when June saved her from that bully all those years ago…
  • Medea Parth (TheLordofAwesome) — Friend group buddies! She kinda wishes that the love Medea gives her was discernible from the love she seems to give everyone else and does admittedly feel resentment to Medea for it but love is love! Clover doesn’t want to lose it!
  • Peyton Hoffman (Brackie) — Friend group buddies? She, um, doesn’t really know him all that well. She hopes he manages to make it out of the hole she and Medea had to rescue him from…
  • Amaryllis Perlman-Byrne (MethodicalSlacker) — Someone in the percussion section. They're nice enough. It was really weird when she started talking to her about how 9/11 didn't actually happen, though...
  • Coda Taylor (MethodicalSlacker) — Was it something Clover said?
  • Ashlyn 'Ash' Graves (Cicada) — Clover remembers the end of their way more accurately than Ash does, she'd like to say.
Nicholas “Nick Andretti” Andretti is that weird asocial kid who hangs out in the carpark who’ll do anything you want him to do so long as you pay a good price. Growing up with a single parent as his dad went out for smokes when he was three, Nick finds himself having to help out with the household as his mother only barely makes enough to be able to get by. As such, he’s started out a sort of ‘business’ at school which — while starting out as stuff like borrowing library books and finding lost items — has grown to stuff like buying alcohol (he has fake I.D) and pulling pranks on behalf of his clients so long as you give him the money he asks for. Gets in trouble at school a bunch as such, but has been able to avoid legal trouble/stuff notably more serious than detention mostly due to knowing where the line is and straying away/trying not to get caught when possible. Kinda quiet — excessively formal, near robotic in mannerism, and due to having alexithymia tends to have trouble with empathy and knowing how others will react to the things he does. Half Italian and half Filipino, hasn’t ever really thought about romance or anything like that. Works part time at a local burger joint and as an attendant at the local theatre. Doesn’t really have many hobbies outside of his business, but does enjoy keeping himself in shape and watching a musical at his theater job every now and then.

Looking for:
  • People he’s warmer to? Nick Andretti mainly finds friends amongst people he directly consults for assistance for a job (such as people good at computers, STRONG people, someone with their full license), but he also doesn’t mind company with other troublemakers or social outcasts, nor does he mind coworker relations with people who would work at the same places he would.
  • Clients! Nick’s business gives him enough money for him to make home-life a little easier for him and his mom, and that’s not really possible without people actually taking his business. If you have a lost item you desperately need to find, want alcohol/something else illicit for a party but don’t have ID, or want to pull a prank on another student without the chance of you getting caught (or anything else vaguely like this — bring it up with me and I’ll determine whether Nick would do it or not), call Nick Andretti. He’ll help you out.
  • I have an idea for a multi-thread arc of sorts in V8 pregame which is basically, like, a Whodunnit mystery kind of like My Friends Are Assholes from V6, if anybody remembers that. If anybody would like to be involved in this, hit me up via DM. I’d like people to come in on this.
[+] Relationships
  • Cedar Dalisay (Cicada) — He appreciates the invitations. He also appreciates the solitude she allows him. It's slightly nice to know that he has people of his own he can rely on.
  • Kyle ‘K’ Emerson (MethodicalSlacker) — Client. Occasional outsourcer. It's slightly borderline, the idea of 'friendship' between the two, but mutual reliance is within the definition, correct?
  • Callie Zhou (Cicada) — Occasional outsourcer. Not much other than that, though — an exception to the rules regarding people he outsources to.
  • Coda Taylor (MethodicalSlacker) — Ongoing client. Alcohol, and the occasional prank. Attempts to assert personality on Nick come off slightly strong.
  • Althea Drummond (Kotorikun) — Client? She gave him $10 once to do nothing, which was appreciated. Confusing, but appreciated.
  • Indigo Howe (Kotorikun) — Client. Suprisingly more personable than reputation suggested.
  • Amaryllis Perlman-Byrne (MethodicalSlacker) — Occasional client. Alcohol. Purely transactional relationship.
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — Daughter of two insanely rich businesspeople, and due to that never really had to want for anything in her life. That and not really getting all that much attention from her parents as a child left her to really want to be loved, which led her to popularity which led her to parties which led her to going ALL-IN ON THE FIESTA, BAYBEE. Had a really bad episode the first time she took drugs and that led her to realize that she's kinda just been led around by others all her life and doesn't really know what to do with herself. Sees her life as a life where she just kind of exists and has no clue whether its all gonna work out or not and kinda leans into her lifestyle due to that. Makes music and aspires to do so/become a performer professionally, has a Soundcloud where she does lo-fi moody pop/hip-hop and has a small following. Popular kid, though more of a social nomad type than a queen bee type — hangs out with everyone and knows people from most social spheres. Friendly, outgoing social wise, with kind of a laid back, memey personality. Think Charelle sorta. Bisexual, kinda goes around. Likes fashion. Hates goths. Good at tennis. Wants to pick up dance maybe but doesn't really know how.

Looking For:
  • Friends! Both regular friends who she chats (she is like, Cicada Character tier in terms of knowing everyone) and occasionally hangs out with and also close friends who have been through hell with her and KNOW THE DARK STUFF. Also: due to her popularity and her music-making and because everybody wants to be Penny she has, like, actual sycophants — people who are friends with her because she's popular and they want a little drip of that popularity.
  • Romantic Stuff! From around Grades 7-10 Penny was into actual relationships that fizzled out after three months and then in 11-12 she became more into, like, casual, one-off flirt/make-out episodes which also sometimes became hookups. She has a bit of a history regarding these. She only realized that she was bi during quarantine however so any stuff with girls has to go into the year 11-12 territory.
  • Fellow musicians? Penny partially got into making music due to people she knew giving her advice on how to do stuff and in the present day she probably still does chat up the musicians of V8 to get ideas and inspo and stuff. If your kid is a musician and you'd like someone to talk shop with hit me up!
  • People who don't like her! Penny's a bit difficult to actually antagonize but she's probably racked up enemies in the past. Person who doesn't like the fact that she flexes a bit with the way she dresses? Relationship with her ended up on bad terms? Goth? Then maybe you don't like her and maybe you'd like to let her know that.
[+] Relationships
  • Matt Bittlesgate (Kotorikun) — They run around the same circles. Hang out a good amount. Once got into the... same circle together? Probs a better metaphor for 'they hooked up' somewhere in there.
  • Betty [???] (Yonagoda) — Member of the p o s s e. Sycophant. Penny doesn't care about how she's just here for the clout. Everybody wants to be Penny.
  • Callie Zhou (Cicada) — Not quite p o s s e level tier but these two go wayyyyyyyyy back. Bit hard to find time nowadays but maybe at some point the two can have a sitdown together. Figure out just how she vibes.
  • Indigo Howe (Kotorikun) — It's okay. Penny understands how intimidating it can be to come face to face with a queen.

And here are the other two is the runt of the litter. Bio paragraph here subject to upheaval and change when I’m able to do their whole profile. Will maybe also add what I’m looking for with them later when my parents aren’t rushing me out the door.

Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — As others have put it, "Gamer Max." Aspiring cartoonist who loves video games and nerd movies and reading and likes to talk a lot about fiction and its meanings. Christian, believes religion and spirituality is a very important part of the human condition, leans more conservative politically due to that. Wishes to be the best person he can be, however, and does view holding what are typically left-wing social points as a very important part of that. Likes 80s-style metal and classic rock. Got to see his mom die right in front of him. Was held back a year due to that. Is currently watching his dad because his dad hasn't worked through his grief even three years later, wants to try and help but doesn't really know how. Caucasian and hetero.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Clover: Ren is a film club kid, but isn’t exactly very close to… anyone, but is very surface-level nice and likes to reach out and make friends with everyone! I feel like maybe they would sympathize with clover. On the surface, however, they might also be one of the people that Clover resents? Because Ren has, like, a lot of friends (but not any close ones) and makes friendship look easy (mostly because they throw their soul away and mold their entire personality around the Friend Of The Week.) Isaiah, too, might also be one of those surface-friendly kids, but in the end he doesn’t actively reach out as much anymore.

Nick: I think on his side he wouldn’t have that many relationships with my kids… except maybe Ren, who could possibly ask him for help (maybe on others’ behalf) and honestly would pity him a little bit.

Theo: It depends on the denomination, but perhaps Isaiah and him know each other at church volunteering?

Penny: Because of her popularity I see her interacting with Isaiah and Ren, but not really to any close degree. Betty, too, would be a friend (and hold some resentment because of her being so rich and hedonistic) but wouldn’t do anything about it besides buttering her up just a little bit, you know, just in case one day she’ll need her help or something like that, and then being a bit colder if it doesn’t work out. Could be one of Isaiah's exes? not sure tho

Sorry this is a mess. Not used to relationship threads. Correct or change anything you want to!
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Nick:

Donovan is a troublemaker type who also enjoys messing with people, and he'd likely also be a client of Nick's to secure both party-related items and help set up some more complicated pranks that Don wouldn't be able to do himself.
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-CLASSIC V1:

Code: Select all

Edithe Merdur is looking to axe you a question.

,  /\  .  
 //`-||-'\\ 
(| -=||=- |)
 \\,-||-.// 
  `  ||  '  
     ||     
     ||     
     ||     
()

Trent Sherwin is running away from his problems.

_
              _( }
    -=   _  <<  \
        `.\__/`/\\
  -=      '--'\\  `
       -=     //
              \)

J is a man of few words.

_     
                      | |    
__      _____  _ __ __| |___ 
\ \ /\ / / _ \| '__/ _` / __|
 \ V  V / (_) | | | (_| \__ \
  \_/\_/ \___/|_|  \__,_|___/

Andrew Leeroy is going to beat you to death.

_.--""--._
/  _    _  \
_  ( (_\  /_) )  _
{ \._\   /\   /_./ }
/_"=-.}______{.-="_\
_  _.=("""")=._  _
(_'"_.-"`~~`"-._"'_)
{_"            "_}
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Hiya, Yugi! We're ahead of the game here with Clover and K, but now that things have opened up a bit let me jump into some other stuff;
  • Amaryllis and Clover; Amaryllis is in the percussion section as well, and I can see them making small talk and maybe getting into a music conversation. Cello isn't very close to anything Amaryllis plays, so jamming together would be difficult unless it was more of a drum circle kind of gig. The conspiracy thread is something Amaryllis would pick up on as an inroad to discussing politics, which could either go great or terrible depending on Clover's stance on 9/11.
  • Coda and Clover; They're both weird, but slightly incongruent. I can see maybe a missed connection here. Maybe they hit it off, and then Coda learned about her middle school days and kinda moved away from her after that.
  • K and Nick; K is a client. He needs to supply his group somehow. I can also see Amaryllis and Coda as potential other clients, though Amaryllis has her own connections with her cousins. K, though? I can see Nick and K bonding, because K doesn't really have other options. Plus they're both sort of outcasts, and K has a full driver's license.
  • Amaryllis and Teddy; Amaryllis can tell that Teddy is sort of confused. He's socially progressive, but that's undermined by his other takes that prohibit any real social change from happening. But there's an inroad for Amaryllis to pull on, and I can see her trying to use that as leverage to crowbar open his brain and maybe slide some other ideas in there. If that doesn't work, then all out resentment is my other proposal. But it looks like he needs more time to cook; I didn't want to let this idea fall by the wayside right away so I wrote it down but I'm not attached if you're averse.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Hey Yugi!

For Clover, I'm not really sure I have anything for her. Maybe Matthew was one of the people who gave her grief in middle school?

For Nick, Matthew's probably one of the people he might call on if he needs stuff done, thanks to him being pretty damn strong. He probably doesn't have much use for any of his services, though.

For Theodore, Matthew and him might know each other through politics, seeing as they're both conservative politically.

With Penny, she's probably went to some of Matthew's parties, and he's maybe flirted with her. She might also know Alex, depending on if her hedon lifestyle makes her cross paths with him. Maybe she's listened to some of his conspiracies with her belief that the world is falling apart?
[+] The Future
Alex Avanesian has a theory.
Matthew Bell wishes he didn't live in a blue state.
Jennifer Lintunen is vibing to music.
Madeleine Molliqaj got something really cute at the thrift store!
Zacharias Smith thinks you're annoying.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie:
- Probably not enough charisma to breach Clover’s icy heart. May be acquainted but only by chance.
- Similarly I don’t think Teddie would have much incentive to hang out with/hire Nicholas. But he might have asked him out of curiosity what this is all about.
- Turns out both Teds are interested in similar creative mediums (cartooning vs 3D animating). But otherwise, they’re actually not very similar. If I’m reading right, your kid’s real name is Teddy but he goes by Theodore, and my kid’s real name is Theodore but he goes by Teddie. I think these two could have a rather quirky relationship based off the similarities and differences.
- Another attention whore! I think Penny has the potential to be someone Teddie would try to latch onto as a friend but then the fact they’re both trying to get people looking at them would cause a rift that would make for some fun drama. Also they could have both fooled around with each other.

Spuds:
- Would probably not have enough enthusiasm to break Clover out of her shell.
- If Spuds did talk to Nicholas she’d tell him to stop being such a whore. But if she knew his reasoning for doing so, she’d be a lot more sympathetic.
- I think Spuds would be pretty chill with Theodore. They don’t have a huge amount in common but she’d respect his responsible nature and core values.
- Spuds would probably want to steer clear of Penny if she can pick up on her destructive antics.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Clover: I can see Brook as one of the people who picked on her in middle school, but outside of that? I doubt that he would make an attempt to befriend her. If anything, he'll probably roll his eyes at her half the time whenever they happen to cross paths.

Nick: Brook has been earning money doing commissions, so I can see him enlisting Nick's services a few times to find an item he lost or that was possibly stolen from him. Maybe even assisting him once or twice? Outside of his business, Brook would probably find him a little creepy with his robotic mannerisms.

Theo: Doubtful that Brook would be particularly close to him, but they do share a fondness for reading, so they can probably get along with that.

Penny: Given that she's the social nomad type, Brook would have likely crossed paths with her quite a few times. I can see them being friends in some form, although he'll find her a bit strange due to her bisexuality.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Gonna go through all these one post at a time so that this backlog is a lot easier to manage. Given that...
Yonagoda wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:45 amRen is a film club kid, but isn’t exactly very close to… anyone, but is very surface-level nice and likes to reach out and make friends with everyone! I feel like maybe they would sympathize with clover. On the surface, however, they might also be one of the people that Clover resents? Because Ren has, like, a lot of friends (but not any close ones) and makes friendship look easy (mostly because they throw their soul away and mold their entire personality around the Friend Of The Week.)
Yeah this works for me. Clover would probably eventually grow to kind of shirk away from Ren once she realizes that the love Ren gives to her is exactly the same level as the love Ren gives to other people and that Clover isn't special in that regard at all. Maybe less active resentment on that part but definitely thoughts of "why should I be friends with you if you just think I'm the same as everyone else" type stuff.
Isaiah, too, might also be one of those surface-friendly kids, but in the end he doesn’t actively reach out as much anymore.
Works with me. Probably mostly someone who occasionally says hi to Clover in the hallways and Clover gets surprised and doesn't manage to say hi back in time to.
except maybe Ren, who could possibly ask him for help (maybe on others’ behalf) and honestly would pity him a little bit.
Will say that I'm pretty sure most of the stuff re: his mom and the reason he's actively trying to get $$$ is probably secret to all but the people he's closest to, but yeah, I can put Ren up as a client.
Theo: It depends on the denomination, but perhaps Isaiah and him know each other at church volunteering?
Teddy is Anglican! Not quite sure what Isaiah is.
Betty, too, would be a friend (and hold some resentment because of her being so rich and hedonistic) but wouldn’t do anything about it besides buttering her up just a little bit, you know, just in case one day she’ll need her help or something like that, and then being a bit colder if it doesn’t work out.
Penny will be absolutely oblivious to all of this. She will just appreciate having another member of her posse and barely notice anything Betty does behind her back.
Could be one of Isaiah's exes? not sure tho
prrrrrrobs not because for the most part once high school starts Penny stops being in relationships and starts going more for hookups instead. Given Isaiah's Christian that's probably not something you'd go for? Casual friendships with him and Ren otherwise work though.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Dogs231 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:05 am Nick:

Donovan is a troublemaker type who also enjoys messing with people, and he'd likely also be a client of Nick's to secure both party-related items and help set up some more complicated pranks that Don wouldn't be able to do himself.
We talked about this via DM and yeah general thumbs up emoji to this. I'll still let you know if there's anything Nick might outsource to Don.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

For Clover: Lydia may or may not be involved in the film club, but if she is they might know each other. Lydia's a generally chill and friendly person towards others but idk what Clover would think.

For Nick: As well as being a fellow member of the Pinoy Platoon, Tenshi might have paid him to do stuff a couple of times in the past, probably simple getting alcohol stuff - maybe running a book to the library for her one time she was "too busy" to do it herself?

Meanwhile Liya is good with computers and would probably lend a hand if asked, but she'd find Nick kinda boring tbh.

Will check back if I have more ideas!
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

MethodicalSlacker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:51 pmAmaryllis and Clover; Amaryllis is in the percussion section as well, and I can see them making small talk and maybe getting into a music conversation. Cello isn't very close to anything Amaryllis plays, so jamming together would be difficult unless it was more of a drum circle kind of gig. The conspiracy thread is something Amaryllis would pick up on as an inroad to discussing politics, which could either go great or terrible depending on Clover's stance on 9/11.
Clover's stance on 9/11 is "I'm not sure whether 9/11 happened in the SotF-verse because I think at one point it was established that it didn't? though if it did Clover would believe that 9/11 happened; she's mostly more into stuff that ALIENS ARE REAL THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE than anything." Clover's not that passionately far left, but she's probably agreed with Amaryllis more than a couple of times and even if it's... _probably_ more on the end of acquaintances than friends they know and probably like each other.
Coda and Clover; They're both weird, but slightly incongruent. I can see maybe a missed connection here. Maybe they hit it off, and then Coda learned about her middle school days and kinda moved away from her after that.
Yeah, I'm down for a "they really hit it off one day and then they never talked to each other again and Clover is _very_ sad about it" sort of thing. Clover probably thinks it's on her because she never actively tried to talk to Coda herself in the wake of Coda not talking to her.
K and Nick; K is a client. He needs to supply his group somehow. I can also see Amaryllis and Coda as potential other clients, though Amaryllis has her own connections with her cousins. K, though? I can see Nick and K bonding, because K doesn't really have other options. Plus they're both sort of outcasts, and K has a full driver's license.
This works, both with K and also with the minor Amaryllis/Coda connections. I too could see Nick and K bonding and might also hit you up on the possibility of K being Nick's designated driver (or one of them) whenever he needs one. A "I have no other options" friendship might make Nick initially go "ok but why me. this is uncomfortable" but he'd eventually warm up to K, especially if the driver thing goes through.
Amaryllis and Teddy; Amaryllis can tell that Teddy is sort of confused. He's socially progressive, but that's undermined by his other takes that prohibit any real social change from happening. But there's an inroad for Amaryllis to pull on, and I can see her trying to use that as leverage to crowbar open his brain and maybe slide some other ideas in there. If that doesn't work, then all out resentment is my other proposal. But it looks like he needs more time to cook; I didn't want to let this idea fall by the wayside right away so I wrote it down but I'm not attached if you're averse.
yeah I'll wait until Teddy's fully fleshed out (especially on political stuff) before I commit but I am incredibly down to have Amaryllis try to radicalize him — that sounds great.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Applesintime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm Hey Yugi!

For Clover, I'm not really sure I have anything for her. Maybe Matthew was one of the people who gave her grief in middle school?
Works with me!
Applesintime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pmFor Nick, Matthew's probably one of the people he might call on if he needs stuff done, thanks to him being pretty damn strong. He probably doesn't have much use for any of his services, though.
Works with me! Nick would probs more likely outsource to someone more familiar/more of a customer to him but Matt can be an option if other options
Applesintime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pmFor Theodore, Matthew and him might know each other through politics, seeing as they're both conservative politically.

...Miiiiiiight raincheck this to when I'm more familiar with Teddy because rn he's probs more of a centrist? I'll need to define him more and figure out where his viewpoints actually lie before I can safely go "this person is a friend because they share similar political views." He's not going to be a leftist though, so feel free to add what you want on your side.
Applesintime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pmWith Penny, she's probably went to some of Matthew's parties, and he's maybe flirted with her.
Works with me.
Applesintime wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pmShe might also know Alex, depending on if her hedon lifestyle makes her cross paths with him. Maybe she's listened to some of his conspiracies with her belief that the world is falling apart?
Works less with me. Penny's worldview stuff is less, like, conspiracy theories, more that because the news and what she sees online/with friends keeps going down in a negative spiral and... such like that — she mostly goes for the full party lifestyle mostly because she just kind of wants to forget all that and live her life and stuff and I don't really think conspiracy theories really go into that? She probably knows Alex's sister but I don't think there's much here to really connect her and Alex specifically, sorry.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Jilly

Post by Jilly »

hi henlo i should be asleep but unfortunately for you i'm here right now and that's your problem

Clover
- I think Melanie would feel... kinda bad for her? I think they'd at least be aware of each other being percussion section band geeks, but depending on how obvious Clover's vibe as an outsider is I think it'd be a case where Mel's maybe talked to her everyone once in a while as just kinda small talk/wellness checks kinda things.
- Linda could've possibly given her grief in middle school if you want something to go off of. Maybe not like one of her core tormentors but like def an auxiliary member who didn't help maybe but not so auxiliary Clover doesn't remember
- if you want another weird conspiracy friend I can offer one Charlie

Nick
- again throwing Charlie for this, considering pinoy squad relations/getaway driver if he needs it, maybe not into the doing things for a quick buck angle but she is into it if she gets 30% for helping him out.
- gonna throw Abel at him as an outcast friend as well, also an Outkast friend tho yes i know they're hip hop not rap let me make this joke. Abel possibly also helps him with his side gig if you need one but does it for free out of the goodness of his heart and also that he's too dumb to work on commission. Nick probably wouldn't like being rapped at semi-regularly though, but I wanna see what you think.
- Isidore and Melanie would both be very off-put by him, though probably enough they'd just stay in their own lanes

Teddy
- Linda's a gamer and a girl so maybe there's something there even though she could also be kind of put off by him maybe
- Isidore is left-wing but really kinda centrist and stuff so if he wants a kinda dumb friend/free therapist he's there if you want him
- might have something with Melanie also with their shared experiences of losing a parent really early on but idk, up to you

Penny
- Isidore wouldn't like her because of her hedonism and nihilism but also eat the rich
- Abel is kinda hedonistic too so maybe there's the possibility of FRIENDSHIP there idk
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Yugikun wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:57 pm Teddy "Theodore" Berenson
your days are numbered o_o

the popo is on the way
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

VoltTurtle wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:38 am
Yugikun wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:57 pm Teddy "Theodore" Berenson
your days are numbered o_o

the popo is on the way
well while they're breaking down my front door you wanna hash out what our V8 kids think of each other
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”