i see u

open

The menagerie itself is the most lavishly decorated of the three buildings and has a full walk-through contained within, allowing those who wanted to take in the beauty of the animals up close. The menagerie was formerly used to house monkeys and some other small mammals that have all since escaped following the departure of the island's occupants after they tore a large hole in part of the netting that was used to contain them. Despite this, the menagerie building is still in good condition and the path still takes any guests on a pleasant walk through the plants.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Nothing more happened. The standoff defused. Somehow the three, two of which seemed intent on committing harm had cycled down and decided against it. It was unfair. There was no reason for them not to try to kill each other. But here they were, de-escalating a situation like regular sane people even though one of them had killed twice.

She could see the entire scene, an observer, it felt like an intrusion. She was watching. Sometimes one of the three glanced at her as if checking to see if she was still present or if she was planning anything. It was a waste of their time but they hardly knew that. She was a useless mess who possessed only one good arm. She was more of a danger to their emotional health than their physical wellbeing. Her threat entirely limited. A fly that just wouldn't go away.

But her brain ticked back around to what the girl had said. How the boy she killed would have been happy. He had a name, Kyle or something. Her statement continued to roll around within her brain. There was an obvious answer, of course, an obvious reason but she wanted to check. It was a curiosity.

"Why?" She muttered out a question, voice quiet and weak. Throat still destroyed. It didn't carry.

She didn't try again.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia felt herself let go of a breath she wasn’t aware she was holding. It seemed like all the tension of the situation had all but dissipated. She was glad. Her mind was still feeling fuzzy, and being in another scary situation was the last thing she really needed. It was getting hard for her to put too much focus on anything, so when a whole bunch of things were happening at once she felt lost and confused. The only thing she was hanging on to right now was that she knew Violet was her friend. That meant she could feel safe. Safe like when she was with Declyn. Not safe like home.

Home safe didn’t exist anymore.

Not feeling the need to keep her eyes on the boy anymore, Amelia turned back to cast girl to check that she was okay, the girl's question catching her attention. Violet and the boy seemed to be talking things out, so Amelia didn’t think she had to worry about anything from that anything bad or scary happening there. She reached out her hand as she crawled closer to the girl on her knees. She smiled warmly, or as warmly as she could with her bloodshot eyes and altogether ragged look, and spoke with as little of a quiver in her voice as she could manage right now.

“Are you okay? Were you scared?” She asked, genuinely worried for the rainbow haired stranger.

“You’ll be safe with me. I’m Amelia.” She figured she ought to introduce herself at least. They’d already hugged and cried on each other, so they may as well be friends, right?
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Violet raised an eyebrow, and nothing else.

"If you want to go, then go. Leave. Begone. Wander away."

All that, and Billy caved so easily? Violet could hardly take credit. She hazarded a guess that perhaps a demon was responsible, but Billy's folly seemed mostly human in nature.

The thought briefly flickered through Violet's mind that maybe he wanted something else. Perhaps what he really meant when he mentioned leaving was to be released from this plane of matter. He could be wishing for death. That was a service she could provide. Easily. He just needed to say the word. Maybe he was too afraid to say the word. Maybe he was waiting for Violet to kill him on her own. Maybe he was scared. All possibilities. None solidified.

Nothing else. Violet raised nothing else. No question, no issue, no rifle. Nothing else.
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

"Okay."

He said it through clenched teeth. This bitch was acting like she was better than him. Like she was above him. Sadly, in this situation, she pretty much was. Might made right in this game, and she quite clearly had might on her side. It was an infuriating situation. If the terrorists had given Billy a gun- just that one little change, and everything would have been different.

His eyes went to Forrest and Amelia, just chatting away like nothing had happened. He had only gotten into this situation by trying to help them out. The island was giving him yet another harsh lesson, it seemed. Being abandoned and drugged hadn't been enough for him to get it through his skull.

Billy backed up, inch by inch, until he was certain Violet wouldn't change her mind. Then he finally turned and ran out of the building. There was another girl, right outside. Christina- her sister had died, earlier. Billy now knew better than to spend any time on her, but as he passed the girl, he offered a little advice.

"Turn around. There's nothing good in there."

((Billy Trevino continued elsewhere))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Billy Trevino said something.

"Turn around. There's nothing good in there."

Christina looked up as he walked off.

Nothing good in there. Was there anything good anywhere on this island? Fuck it.

Christina did not turn around that day. She went inside and decided to risk whatever it was. Looking up, she saw the "good girl" from when she was with Daria. Also, Forrest "no relation to Violet" Quin and Violet "The Alive One" Schmidt.

Billy was right. There wasn't anything good here - two guns against her (but no kills between any of the three of them, she thought). But they couldn't be actively hostile, so long as she didn't piss anyone off, or if thy didn't mention Jessi- dammit, no.

Cry. Later.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The boy left and her disappointment was palpable. It seemed like a ready-made fight. All they needed to do was actually engage each other. But instead cooler heads prevailed. As she watched her attention was taken by the original girl talking to her, asking questions about how she felt. They were genuine questions, she could tell they were. And that made her hate them even more and she hated herself when she eagerly accepted them.

The girl's name was Amelia. That was a good piece of information. She could finally name her. Amelia had also asked her two other questions. Questions that had varying answers depending on what she felt like doing. There would have been truth in saying she felt like a mirror that had been shattered. Whatever pieces left in the frame were the ones running the show. The question of was she scared though? No. What was there to be scared of? The scariest thing had already happened. The past couldn't change. She was trapped in the reality that had developed. No escape. No love.

She shook her head.

"I'm," Scratchy voice again, still feeling the pain of loss. Tried again. "I wasn't scared."

A thought. A piece of shit thought.

"I'm lost though."
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia’s focus was kept on the girl in front of her. She heard Violet’s voice behind her, but was paying little attention to what was actually being said. She was still so tired. It was all she could do to keep herself from falling over in pure exhaustion. She could feel her whole body trembling with every breath she took. Even still, she wanted to keep a smile on her face. This girl in front of her seemed sad and she was compelled to make her feel just a little bit better. Her own needs were as secondary as ever.

The girl finally answered her after a moment of silence, and the first part of it made Amelia relieved. She didn’t want anyone else to feel scared. Amelia knew what that was like. Yesterday she’d been scared so much. So scared she almost hurt other people. She bit her lip as she remembered. She… she didn’t want to feel like that again. Scared was a bad feeling. Like at the house with Lori. She never wanted to go back to that dark place in her head. Her mind whispering bad thoughts and forcing her to feel scary feelings.

So the fact that her new friend wasn’t scared put her mind at ease, if only a little.

Her follow up, however, caused Amelia to pause. Lost? That was something Amelia could relate to. As if she was just going in circles in the sand. Lost was everything Amelia had felt when she heard Dolly was gone. Dolly was her rock. Her north star. Without her she didn’t know what direction to take next. And it hurt. It was lonely and painful. And then there was Declyn. She lost him, and she didn’t know if she’d ever see him again. It was her fault. She should have stayed.

She should have.

“Me too.” She whispered, a small, trembling smile forced onto her face.

“More lost than ever.” It hurt to say, but even her tired and anxious mind could figure that much out. Amelia was more lost right now than ever before in her entire life, and she didn’t know how to find her way back.

Even when she looked up at the stars at night, they no longer guided her.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

MethodicalSlacker

Out walked one, and in walked another. A revolving door of the deaf, dumb, and blind. Violet was vaguely familiar. With Renz. She streamed video games sometimes, and Violet occasionally watched. One naive morning Violet cast a spell with the hope of endowing Renz with future success in the area of her passion. She couldn't remember if it had any effect, but it made Violet fell good. She was helping a stranger. And then came the project about Survival of the Fittest. Oh, the teeth-marks left on Violet's tongue every time that came up. Her blood tasting especially like cinders on those days. Any offered correction would course correct Violet into the misfit bin, where she belonged. Renz had the fortune of being enchanted by Violet, and this was how she was repaid?

The knowledge gained from this was a combination of 'be careful what you wish for' and 'be careful who you wish for'. Unsolicited spells were a no-go from then on, and though the lesson was learned, the resentment remained.

And she was here. Right now. Tethered.

And Violet was everywhere, everytime, everyplace, unwavering, unflinching in her darkness.

She lifted the gun and pointed it at Renz's chest.

"Occupied," Violet said, sights trained on the intruder, indicating meaning with a sudden head motion in Amelia's direction.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

She'd talked to Violet before. Violet had brought up her streaming and such. So, not much. She hadn't really talked to Violet on the wherever they were, so the reason for her less than friendly and quite unwelcome reaction was unknown. Christina's reaction was, at the moment similarly unknown, although that might have been due to the fact that she was still ... grieving.

"Oh, please. I don't fucking need this. I already have to deal with the fact that my sister died." She paused her glaring at Violet to wipe away a tear. "If the next words out of your mouth aren't 'my condolences,' then just drop the gun and shut up."

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yeah there you go. It worked. She was in. Her and Amelia shared another moment of being lost together and you know what, it was a nice feeling, sharing pain. She had done nothing to earn it but she took it nonetheless. Because that was who was she was and that didn’t seem likely to change. So instead she worked her way deeper like a roach taking cover from the fallout.

Meanwhile another stand-off was developing as Violet raised her gun against another new arrival. As she watched she wondered if maybe she had stumbled into something good for her. It wasn’t Abe but until she found him it could substitute right?

As the two girls had their face-off she considered the results of Violet firing. An overwhelming curiosity to see just what it looked like, so she could hurt herself more. Replace the girl with Andy and play the image over and over again, just so she could see him.

She wondered how hurt he’d been when Mikki had passed. She wondered if she’d gone first if the reaction would have been greater or lesser. Her limbs worked as she crept closer to Amelia again, keeping the scene in her focus. Close enough to offer support without having to commit. She still needed and wanted her presence after all.

But Violet held her attention.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Violet’s voice broke Amelia out of her decline back to sadness. She turned her attention to the taller girl, and noticed a new arrival on the scene. Amelia’s breath caught in her throat and she felt herself stiffen up a bit as she recognised the new girl. It was the same girl from yesterday. With the scary boy. But… She didn’t seem as scary as she did yesterday. She seemed… sad.

Amelia understood sad.

Violet was pointing her gun at the girl, and Amelia wanted to say something. It didn’t seem necessary. Not like with the boy from before. He had bad energy. Like he was going to do something that would hurt someone. At least at first. This girl didn’t have bad energy. She looked lost too. Wasn’t it better to be lost together? Being alone was scary. Amelia understood. She hated being alone. Being left behind. It was the worst feeling.

The girl said her sister was dead. That made Amelia sad. Death was sad, and frustrating. Why did people have to go away? Why couldn’t they just stay forever? Amelia hated it. Her mother went away. Amelia barely remembered her. All she had was pictures. Why? Why couldn’t she stay? Why did Dolly have to leave her, too? Why couldn’t Dolly be here with her? Helping her make sense of things? So Amelia felt she could relate to this sad girl.

“I’m sorry. That’s so sad.” She called out, a wobble in her voice as she spoke.

“Please don’t hurt her.” She pleaded with Violet.

“She’s lost, just like us.”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

MethodicalSlacker

"I don't fucking need this."

Those were familiar words.

Yes. This was a familiar place, too. There was nothing Christina could know. There was nothing Christina could do. But somehow, her choice of words broke through to Violet. A ping on Violet's radar, ever-searching for synchronicities that might provide clues as to how to bring about her continued survival. Violet didn't understand, and Christina did not know that there was something to be understood. That was the way this went. All the time. Scattered across every rock and tree. Up a great big hill. She had to do it. Pieces falling into place.

And then came Amelia's voice. Pleading, begging Violet not to shoot. Violet wouldn't have to shoot if Christina turned around. Violet didn't like shooting people that couldn't fight back. Violet didn't even like shooting people, period. She only did it if she had to. Right. The necessity part. That couldn't go away. Letting that fall into the river was a bad idea, no, swept up in the rapids and torn to shreds, asunder, asunder, nevereverminded. Full stop. It was because she was required to. And she was not required to shoot Christina. Just like she was not required to offer condolences. Just like she didn't need to stay here. This was her chance. Amelia and the other girl didn't mean anything to her. Amelia was a neophyte with no residual potential magick energy to speak of. The other girl was irrelevant. And Christina got on her nerves. Why stay? Why continue to play at protecting these people? She didn't have to. The challenge here was not to stand her ground. She'd done that before. She'd passed that trial.

The challenge here was to know when to shut up and leave.

Violet lowered her gun, and bowed her head in recognition, first to Christina, then to Amelia and the mystery girl. Then, she turned and crept away through the menagerie, disappearing through a hole in the netting on the opposite side of the ground.

She felt like she was phasing through a wall.

[Violet Schmidt continued in The Special Special Special!!]
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

And Violet left. She just nodded and left. Although she did appreciate the note of confidence from the girl whose name she had never learned. She was making up for having almost shot Christina. Not completely, but still on the way there.

Christina just slowly released the breath that she didn't know she had been holding from when Violet had held the gun to her. She then did something that she'd never thought she'd do outside of a class presentation.

"Well, glad that's over. I don't think we've cared to formally introduce ourselves. Christina Rennes. I streamed video games before the trip."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Hey wait no. The girl—Violet—the one with the gun, backed down again. Worse, she left. Fading into the plants of the menagerie like a ghost in the mist. She didn't like it. There was supposed to be some sort of violence that came with being a killer right? Some ability to end another's life when you saw fit. The rich got richer in the game and those who had the most kills were the richest of all. They got all the weapons and the rewards. Meanwhile, everyone else got to try and survive off the scraps.

Violet had been interesting but after she had left the interest she had created waned. Maybe she had been wrong or maybe she was merely seduced by the idea of what type of person she was. After all, she still needed someone, her one good arm didn't offer by itself. Either way, she still had Amelia and she could rely on her to a degree. Not for any form of physical safety, she didn't see much of that coming her way from Amelia. She appeared to be too caring and too kind to be able to harm anyone. So that idea was out. Emotional support was good, she had that.

And the process of worming her way into using that was underway, so she didn't want to break off. In the absence of Abe she needed that. She needed something. So she edged closer.

"I'm Forrest," A pause, and a thought. "I can't stay. I need to find Abe."
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

At first, it seemed Amelia’s words had helped. That she had stopped Violet from harming the new arrival, and they could all stay together peacefully. And they did, except… Violet didn’t stay. She bowed to them and disappeared out of the menagerie. Amelia watched the girl leave with sadness in her eyes and a pouting lip. Why? Why did Violet leave her too? Why couldn't she have stayed? Amelia wanted her to. Amelia wanted her friend beside her. Amelia hated when people had to leave.

She gripped the front of her blouse in her fist and lowered her gaze to the ground. She felt her body tremble. Why? Why did everyone have to leave her? Couldn’t Violet have at least taken her along? Weren’t they friends? Amelia knew she wasn’t always the smartest person. She knew that. But why did that mean she couldn’t help? Why was she always being left behind? Why didn’t anyone need her around? Her face contorted in sadness, as she tried to hold back the tears threatening to leak from her eyes.

She just wanted someone to need her.

Violet left, and the girl from yesterday approached, introducing herself formally. Christina Rennes. Amelia lifted her head and looked at her with a small smile and watery eyes.

“Amelia.” She introduced herself. It was kind of funny. It was the second time in a few minutes she’d had to do so. These people were strangers. It was odd. Rainbow girl crawled closer to her, and also gave a name. Forrest. Forests were full of magic and wonder. Amelia knew that must mean this girl was trustworthy. Names were important. They held power once spoken.

But then, she wanted to leave. Why? Amelia felt her heartbeat pick up as the panic of being alone again set in. Please don't’ leave. She wanted to be with somebody, anybody.

“Take me with you.” She almost shouted. She couldn’t be alone again. She just couldn’t.

Don’t leave me. Don’t leave me. Everyone always leaves.

Please need me.

I'm lost.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker