You See Me, I've Got My Magic Pie

Think of me, yeah, that was me I was that passerby ... (Day 7, Open)

The pier is a rickety-looking wooden construction that extends out into the bay. It has somehow managed to stay standing despite its ominous swaying whenever there are high winds. There are wooden railings in place, although these have rotten away in places so it isn’t advisable to put too much weight on them.
decoy73

You See Me, I've Got My Magic Pie

Post by decoy73 »

((Manuel Figueroa continued from The Chemicals Between Us))

Goddammit.

Claudeson had done it. Probably while everything was ... weird. He shook his head. What type of water did Lori give him? Why did they give him that water? To keep him down while they fucked over Meka? He'd thrown that bottle away when he started feeling weird again.

He looked around the rickety-looking pier, tapped his foot on it before sitting down and just letting it all sink in.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

The day passed uneventfully. Nobody came to Manuel, and Manuel was happy with that. He'd mostly avoided the corpse and nibbled on some ration bars. He listened to the announcements and noted what was going on. Two Danger Zones. That was something. He just picked up some rocks and sat by the railings. There wasn't any real reason to leave.

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

((Lucas Abernathy continued from Split))

He had gotten up relatively early today, been wandering around for some time. How much time he couldn't be sure, but the announcements had come in the time he had woken up and started walking. He got separated from Tonya at some point, but he was so focused on moving he hardly even registered it anyway. Probably for the best though after she overheard him. What he did still ate at him even if he didn't mean to hurt her. If there was any sort of connection between them, even briefly, he was pretty sure he had killed it dead.

Didn't matter now. It was another day, and he needed to keep moving. If he didn't, he likely will not find who he was looking for. He learned his lesson from before after holding up in the manor house for a few days. He wasted time that he could have spent looking for Camille, and for what? She died while he was off fucking around.

Never again.

He needed to find them. Val. Michael. Yuka. He needed to find them and make them pay.

And they will pay. Of that he was certain.

His wandering brought him to the pier, and he could see someone sitting by the railing. They were facing away from him, so he couldn't tell who they were from a distance. Grimacing he readied his shotgun and walked forward, getting closer until he was a good thirty feet away.

"Hey," he called out.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Hey."

Manuel turned around. Flinched. There was a shotgun pointed at him. He looked up at Lucas, who was pointing the shotgun at him. His hands went above his head as he realized just how little chance he had of surviving a shot.

"Uh, hi."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
TheLordOfAwesome

He turned around, and Lucas saw that it wasn't anyone that he needed to look out for. Especially not Michael. Lucas grimaced at Manuel and lowered his shotgun, but still was hesitant to lower it completely. His eyes scanned around the environment, but as far as he could tell, Manuel was alone here on the pier. After a bit he turned his focus back onto Manuel.

"Are you traveling alone?" he asked, calmly and quietly.

Maybe it was a little beyond hope, but he sincerely was holding out for finding someone, anyone, who might be important to him. The list of which had seriously dwindled since they came here. Was Ivy okay? Was Myles okay? At this point he didn't know. He wanted them to be okay, but with every passing second he felt as though he was failing continuously.

If he could not find them, then perhaps he could find the ones who killed Roxie or Val.

If Manuel knew of either then perhaps this wasn't a wasted venture on his part.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Are you traveling alone?"

Manuel nodded, sighing in relief as the shotgun was lowered a little. "Yeah. Yeah, I am." He lowered his arms at that. "I was with Yuka and ... Sal for a while, but I don't know where she is." He teetered on whether to tell Lucas about the other night.

"... And, I think I saw Claudeson kill Meka."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
TheLordOfAwesome

Lucas frowned.

So he wasn't traveling with Yuka at some point? Well, that was good enough for him at the moment. Claudeson killing Meka was completely irrelevant. That was something to consider at a later point and there was no reason to press for further information given he over heard what happened over the announcements.

Slowly he pointed the shotgun back at Manuel.

"And how long ago did you see Yuka?" He asked.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"And how long ago did you see Yuka?"

Manuel shook his head as the shotgun went back up.

"It was the second announcement, I think, when she went off with her sister - Yuki I think. So, yeah, it's been almost a week since I've seen her."

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
TheLordOfAwesome

Almost a week...

Great, so he was still at square one. If it were a day ago he might have had something to work with but as it stands he'll need to continue his search. Problem was, the island was pretty big. Not massive, but big enough that it still takes a few hours to travel from one end to the other.

"Useless..." he grumbled. "I'll be leaving now, this has been a waste of time and I don't intend to waste anymore of it. What you do afterwards is not my concern."

He started to back up, still keeping an eye on Manuel in case he tried something. Once he was at a good enough distance he turned around and fled towards the island brush. He had a long search ahead of him, but one way or another he will find who he was looking for.

((Lucas Abernathy continued in Beauty is Pain. Happiness is a Weapon))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"I'll be leaving now, this has been a waste of time and I don't intend to waste anymore of it. What you do afterwards is not my concern."

Oh, gee. Thanks. Lucas left, eventually lowering his shotgun and turning tail. He was of two minds about this. On the one hand, there was no gun in his face. On the other hand, a niggling feeling that the shotgun could have been useful was creeping up on him. He just sighed and walked in a random direction. So long as his collar didn't beep, it didn't matter.

((Manuel Figueroa continued in Land Locked Blues))

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7

Return to “The Pier”