Why? I don't like you.

Day 1. Tagging Jilly, Ohm. and CBP

Located off on one side of the bay is an overturned luxury yacht that formerly belonged to the head of the community. A large hole has been gouged into one side as a result of its collision with the rocks. The inside of the yacht itself is still in relatively good order, if one can get over the dampness and lichen that are present throughout the cabins of the vessel.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"Yeah, let's go," Desiree said, already heading back for the stairs to the lower part of the boat. Lucas quickly caught up and followed behind.

Soon enough the pair emerged at the hole torn into the side of the ship and carefully hopped out onto solid ground. They quickly caught up to where the other guys were waiting.

"We're ready," she said to the group. "Are we still going for the infirmary?"
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Turned out Lucas himself would answer Thomas’s question, calling down from the ship and delivering a little quip. He also voiced the concern that the group should get moving again, something which Thomas thoroughly agreed with.

“Alright then, come on down!” Thomas called back to the pair.

Then, Sean asked him a rather pointed question. Were Desiree and Lucas alright? It took him a moment to think.

Desiree was a bit silly on a certain level, which felt rather strange considering the circumstances, but that wasn’t the sort of thing that seemed like any kind of trouble. Lucas, on the other hand…

Something is clearly up with him.

Thomas was worried he was getting paranoid, worrying about nothing, but the nice discussion then the getting sick, then the little quips, it was giving him mood whiplash. Lucas was clearly not handling himself well.

And you can’t just be the kid’s mother, particularly not out here. Unstable is not the type you help to find a weapon.

But he seemed to get on well with Desiree. She could pick up the slack. Maybe.

Trying to ignore the nagging doubt, and turning back to Sean, Thomas delivered a bullshit answer accompanied by as reassuring a smile as he could muster. “I mean, as alright as I can expect anyone to be. You know, considering.”

After a moment, he and Sean were joined by their other two companions on the shore.

“I mean, I don’t see any reason to change plans right now. If we’ve all got our stuff, I say now’s as good a time as any.” He replied to Desiree’s question.

After a bit of agreement and taking stock, Thomas once again took point as the group departed from the yacht.

((Thomas Buckley continued in And what if you don't close?))
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Lucas followed Desiree down and out through the hole on the side of the boat. Alright, cool, plan was still to go to the infirmary. Lucas would hopefully get a scalpel or a knife or something there, and hopefully he'd be able to affix it with medical tape to the end of his sword and have a long, pointy stick. That sounded just fine.

Yeah.

And then he'd leave these people.

It was obvious that even in spite of the earlier apology Sean and Thomas didn't really enjoy his company or want him around. He was too unpredictable, too chaotic. How could anyone not be, though? Under these circumstances? Lucas had just been ripped from his life and basically told that he had at most a week to live, and he was coming under scrutiny for not taking that well? Really, fuck these people, fuck what they believed, fuck everyone and anyone who took that line of thinking.

Desiree was okay, but even she was somewhat inscrutable. If Lucas was overtly chaotic, then Desiree was inwardly drawn and it was hard to tell what she was thinking at any given moment. Maybe later he'd talk to her about going off on their own. The earlier thing with the chips gave him hope.

But for now, it was safer to travel in numbers. Lucas gathered his belongings and followed Thomas and the rest of the group away from the yacht as the Increasingly Cloutless Gang continued on their journey.

[Lucas Diaz continued elsewhere.]
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

It wasn't much of an answer he was given. Hell, in a way it was a non-answer. The guy wanted to go here, had a talk with Thomas then suddenly got sick and needed to be alone? And now he was quipping at them from on top?

Something wass definitely not right around here, aside from the obvious.

Speaking of the devil, he walked out with Desiree in tow, ready to get out of here. And going with the same plan they had earlier, get to the infimary. Let's see if that happens or if they want another detour.

Sean got up and collected his things and followed his group.

((Sean Leibowitz continued in Right Turn at Albuquerque))
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Desiree watched the boys as they took off, joining them in a couple of places before stopping to look back at the boat. Her eyes drifted around the hole, the top deck, and the nearby camera that locked itself into a staring match with her.

It sat there watching. Waiting. All eyes on her.

((She broke contact, picking up the pace to catch up with the others and set sail for new horizons.))

Return to “Capsized Yacht”