taking art requests

Drawing your (and your friends') kids! Exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

I am just going to request one V1 kid to make it not too heavy for you, Yona. So I will request for Kichiro Taka.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

digs through his backlog of kids without art

Mind doing uh...... Lauren Rowe and Tessa Blackridge?
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

I'd like to request a couple V2 kids this time? Could you possibly handle Ali Grayston and Paris Persphone?
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

continuing my pattern of 2s, I'd like to request my two adoptees Aston Bennett and Ma'afu "Maf" Tuigamala
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Hello! You did such a lovely job with Astrid last time, I was wondering if you could also draw Mia and Bryony?
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Going to request one for now, chat’s new favorite soft boi = Matthias Kovalenko.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Hey, just wanted to say Chase is adorable and I love her. Thanks so much. <3
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Ugh this took way too long. My apologies!

Jeremy is great! I like how subtle yet defined his chin scar is; you do a good job of getting that sort of tight, healed skin look to it (in think in part with the double shading layer). Speaking of shading, I enjoy how you used it to give his face a sort of direction/tilt.

Peri looks quite dramatic. His hair is great; you got it kind of elegant yet also a bit messy, in this way that gives him some menace. I also appreciate the detail in his turtleneck, which is very recognizable even from just a tiny sliver.

I don't know anything about August, but your art makes me want to! I enjoy how you've juxtaposed a very normal, almost formal outfit/look in her clothes and glasses with more dramatic, island-y elements on the fringes like the bandages and the bat, sort of framing her. It's good composition!

Terry's messy hair is wonderful! You're good at taking a character who's fairly normal at a glance and giving them good personality and stand-out-ness anyways. He looks a little determined to me, mostly I think due to the angle of his chin and mouth.

Anna, meanwhile, has this sort of casually smug vibe to her that just has so much immediate oomph. I don't know, it's just one of my favorite pieces of expression work you've done and it's hard to put why entirely into words, but she is super distinct and it immediately intrigues me immensely.

Lulu looks great and it's super nice to finally see one of V3's standout favs! I love how you made her bangs a little unusual, with them coming almost to a soft point, and I also really like how you gave her the head tilt of attitude!

I don't know the LSD trip story but you've done a really wonderful job capturing the body language here, the uncertainty and light nervousness/awkwardness coupled with the uncertainty. We don't usually get to see feet in your work, but you use them to great effect here; the toe point and the missing sandal are both priceless. Also, while it's not the focus, you did a really nice job making that sofa look comfy.

Shameeca looks like she should be in an original ipod ad in the best way possible! You gave her this... sort of protagonist aura, almost, making her look like she's off for an adventure. I really dig the details on her pants, too; the belt loops and the little spot where the eyelet of the button isn't completely obscured are great, realistic touches.

Emma looks very friendly and dignified, nice and composed in a way that fits someone who loves knitting. The side angle works well here; it's like someone called her name and she's turning to look at the camera.

You've done a really really nice job with Tayli's hair! It's a perfect blend of neatly styled and oddball. It works really well with her earrings. I also like her kind of... uncertain expression, like she's sizing something up.

Whoa hey, Minase! Cool. You brought this sharp intensity to him, I think a lot of it in his eyebrows and how they're slightly furrowed/the wrinkles at the bridge of his nose. It's a great peace of subtle expression exploration and I love it.

The scar for Johnny is again really well done. You're great at dealing with the less conventional appearance elements of older characters while making them look totally believable and like they fit with the rest of the cast (yet never minimizing or removing them). It's cool!

You do a good Mimi impression! I'm impressed, especially for offhand!

The quickie Akeno sketch is also nice. I actually like the kind of choppy vibe to it; it gives her a certain strength that fits her martial artsyness.

You did an awesome job on these! I'm posting this batch of thoughts but I'm gonna get to everyone really soon. Thank you once again for sharing your talents with us! You rock! ;-;
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Okay, next batch!

Morgan has this softly dignified air about him that becomes immediately hilarious given his weapon situation. You did a good job giving him a fairly understated look that captures a certain quiet attitude nonetheless. I also like the highlighting in his hair; it looks particularly good.

Faye's matching overalls and hair clip are just precious! You did a nice job portraying her in this sort of innocent way; I think the pastel tones do a lot of the work, especially with the subtle yet present background tint.

Nanna-Fiora looks extremely cool. I dig her jacket; you brought out the sharp lines in a great way. You have a good thing going with the palette overall; there are a lot of nice darker earthy tones here that play well together, especially the faint brownish tinge to the highlight in her hair and jacket.

Cole's messy and disheveled in an excellent way! He looks mischievous. I like how his eyes are kinda narrow, and how their color matches his shirt; it draws emphasis to them.

Anya looks like she could be an evil princess in a Disney movie, in a good way! I like the framing of her hair, and how it parts on the side opposite the one she's looking at us from.

I think my favorite Fred details have to be the shirt; you've made the logos and designs really recognizable while also letting them blend softly into the fringes of the piece. It makes them unobtrusive, but adds so much character and charm to his outfit, so I figure they deserve a shout-out!

Moving on to Glen, I love that he and Fred are so clearly twins yet have such distinct vibes. He seems quieter and more somber somehow, but maybe also a little more introspective. I dig it!

Ooh, man, Brendan is looking intense here, and it's great. The hair colors you have really are nice here, deep and rich, and you've done really well with his eyebrows, making them strong and firm.

Clio's outfit is one of my favorites you've done! The colors are really, really good, and the whole thing fits together in an unexpected yet perfect way. She has such a warm, sunset/summer vibe to her, and yet something in her eyes is just a liiitttllleeee bit off in that menacing way.

You did well with Diego's wounds! He has this expression that's a great mix of battered and determined and angry, one that really gets at the heart of his conflicted vibes, and I love that you conveyed that he's nice and beat up without going over the top on the injuries and gore.

Aw, Trish looks great and it's so cool for me to see her in art because she's the first SOTF character I ever followed. ;-; I love particularly the shading on the right side of her face, and the way her hair hangs over her eye but only partially; it's very dynamic.

Lenny is another of my all-time favorites and you gave him the perfect mix of quiet calmness and serious menace. The softer touch you used for his eyes makes him look simultaneously a bit otherworldly and incredibly intense, which is perfect for him.

Alex's hat is very nice, and I really dig the way you got her faint scars along the hairline. Her hair in general looks very good, and I like the sort of ambivalent expression you gave her lips.

Redraw Ty is quite nice! I especially like the scar being on such vivid display this time, and the way his earrings peak out from within his hair.

Mariavel looks wonderful! I'm blown away by how normal you made her look, in the best possible way; she wouldn't be out of place at my high school back in the day. Your posture work is on point here, and I really like how you did her arms and visible hand; you made her fingers look really natural which can be super tough, especially for just a casually open hand.

You rock, and these are amazing! Thank you for making them! Posting now and more comments later. :)
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

And I am back with V1 kids! I will request Edward Rommel, Mason Lucien and Jon Tognetti.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

I would like to request just one this time: The sweaty rich boy
[+] sig
[+] V7
ImageB078 - Thomas Buckley: "Holy- yes, I am scared because I am not ignorant to the world around me. What the fuck are you talking about ‘am I scared’?”
Memory: 1 | Pregame: 1-2 | Trip: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

ImageG078 - Sapphire Waters: “It’s okay, Emmett…”
Pregame: 1
V7: 1-2-3-4

ImageB079 - Colin McCabe: “Hey you murderous prick! Tell me how the fucking dirt tastes!”
Pregame: 1-2
V7: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
#1 Uriel Hunter stan

"I'm refined, I'm cultured. I'm a fashionista. I'm everything you're not and never will be." - Ali Grayston, 2006
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

http://imgur.com/a/dogMc3m

*Hands you some children*

Up to Matt
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

I'd like to request Amanda Jones and Madelaine Shirohara
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Jasper Suárez-King please, if you have the time.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

On to the batch that begins with Seth! I love how you've drawn his eyes, especially at the sort of partially-frontal-partially-tilted angle you've chosen. You get in a surprising amount of detail on his eyelids. I also dig how you conveyed information in the lay of his shirt just through the shape of the blue plaid square; it's a small detail that does a bunch of work.

Leo looks great too. You got the slicked-back hair down so nicely, and I appreciate the kind of subtle emphasis on his mole; it's good to see little marks in character descriptions and you're really good at integrating them into art.

Luanne looks super nice. I think you chose wisely in giving her a full-torso shot, because it draws attention to the length and flow of her hair, one of her most notable features. I don't know whether or not you took Kermit up on the art basis, but there's something very artsy about her, in that sort of mid-50s French way. It's a very nice vibe. ...and I just now notice the frame! That's brilliant.

Aww, it's good to see more of Chase. You do a great job capturing movement and energy through things like the flow of her hair and the swing of her cross necklace. I also appreciate that you made her makeup subtle yet distinct. Oh, and the shading on her buttons is nice too!

Feo looks wonderful! I think the centerpoint here is her eyes; their color is striking, and the way her glasses frame them and the lenses catch light and faintly reflect is such excellent stuff.

Bringing Samya's hand into frame is inspired and gives her so much personality. Hands can be tough to make look nice, but you do a really good job, and I especially like how her nails are detailed. And her little partial-smirk just fits so perfectly with the pose.

The suit shopping scene is very sweet! I like your color choices, the silver highlights for Vasily and the livid scar for Fisk drawing special attention too one unique feature for each of them. I also dig just how differently they hold themselves; Vasily looks more relaxed and easygoing but a bit goofy, while Fisk has this air of seriousness and (perhaps feigned) maturity about him.

Selene looks great, and I am blown away at how much you were able to pull out of an appearance section that is, let us gently say, a little dated. The best thing is that you honed in on her core feature—her devious smile—and just knocked it out of the park. I also dig that you put that bouncy curl in her hair. Great job on a really tough prompt!

The color on Venka is great, especially how you've pulled her makeup out as the primary shade for her background as well. I really dig how polished and together you made her look; the clean lines of how her scarf is tied and the very classic pearl earring do a lot of work here.

I don't know quite how to describe the change in shading on Paige, but it looks incredible. It's a very sunny, warm vibe that permeates the whole piece; even her cooler blue shirt has something of a summery air to it. It also brings some smoothness and softness even to features like her pronounced cheekbones. Really great work here!

As we come to Jacob, I'm struck once more by how well you handle facial hair; you're able to take a few little lines and shape them to just the right size and orientation to tell us so much about a character's style. The place where his hat meets his hairline is also especially good, as you navigate the difficulties of a front-on view of a baseball cap with style and grace.

I love the new Vasily. You just put so much attitude into his expression. It's amazing that we can see the tongue ring, and I realize now as I look that you also did a great job with another very difficult subject: teeth. You got them imperfect in that way that's so human. It's great. I also love the soft shading to indicate his knuckles under the glove. The detail here, it's all just so good.

Finally, I am once again wowed by your ability to borrow styles. It really showcases your range and your visual analysis abilities; you're able to pinpoint and replicate key pieces of other people's techniques, which impresses me a ton. You did good work in your own right here, too; the shirt pattern and spiked collar especially stand out to me as nice.

You rock, and these are amazing! Thank you, as always, for sharing your incredible talents with us. :)

Return to “Artist's Alley”