New BRAU Ninth Rolls

Hidden Final Ten Rolls

Important information for participating in the New Battle Royale AU lives here. This includes the character selection list. Please note that replies in this forum require staff approval, to keep character wishlists secret until the time comes to roll.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

New BRAU Ninth Rolls

Post by MurderWeasel »

Welcome, final ten, and congratulations! You've all put out some great work over the course of the game, but now the time has come to narrow the field. In Battle Royale fashion, we will be honing it down to the traditional final four.

Those rolled are below, but I'd like to take a quick moment to address an important issue first: the secrecy of these rolls. We're keeping this set of rolls secret to add to the suspense and increase the engagement of the site as a whole, and it'd mean a lot if people would keep things hush-hush. We've also seen in past versions that the second one person is told anything, it starts to spread throughout the site, so we'd highly suggest keeping these rolls quiet even from friends. Folks will likely surmise that we're going down to a final four, but exact specifics will not be seen by anyone outside New BRAU staff, Admins, and the handlers in this subforum.

That said, we do respect that the final stretch of the version is all about the folks left in the game (that's you), so if you want to talk about your own character's status as rolled/unrolled, it is your choice. If you want to spoil everything, well, we'll be pretty disappointed, but this isn't a situation where we're making some rule or asking everyone to swear an oath of secrecy or whatever. It's just a request, something that has historically been a lot of fun, and that we hope all of you will honor.

Heroes and Swaps may still be played this roll cycle, but any cards not used prior to Endgame will become null and void at that time. You may not Swap or Hero anyone in Endgame.

Feel free to use this thread and the Top Ten chat on Discord to discuss, plan scenes, commiserate, etc. (though remember to follow usual roll etiquette!)

Also, please be aware that this thread will be revealed to the site at or soon after the death deadline, October 25th. Don't say anything here you're not okay with everyone seeing at that time. Similarly, remember that the Top Ten chat will be visible to future Top Tens, and is not a confidential space.

And now, the rolls:

1. Chisato Matsui (Primrosette) - Yukiko Kitano (Ohm, Hero Card used)
2. Hirono Shimizu (Aura) - Mitsuru Numai (ItzToxie, Hero Card used)
3. Yoshimi Yahagi (Carrion Queen)
4. Yumiko Kusaka (Kermit)
5. Shuya Nanahara (Dogs231)
6. Hiroshi Kuronaga (Ohm)
[+] Logs
Professor Fether — Today at 11:23 PM
Alrighty, New BRAU, Ninth (Hidden Top Ten) Rolls.

These are the final rolls of the version prior to Endgame, and as such they follow some slightly different procedures.

First off, these rolls will be hidden until the end of the death deadline. We ask folks to not share the secret rolls, especially the fates of characters that are not their own. This isn't strictly forbidden, but spoiling stuff is a jerk move.

Second, as the pre-Endgame rolls, the protection against being rolled multiple times has been dropped. This actually could potentially come up, as we do have a handler in play with two characters left. If both get rolled in this specific set, those rolls will both stick.

We'll be rolling down to a final four, as it was in BR. For these rolls, you may still play Swap or Hero Cards. Any Cards not played this roll cycle become void afterwards. Shortly after Card time is over, we will open a forum for the Endgamers to conduct discussions.

This time, we're rolling a D10 off the most recent list, found here: viewtopic.php?t=3543&start=15#p39823

@pooper (in the union) will be handling dice, and I will do numbers and names. We'll start with two test rolls, as always.
Test roll 1:
pooper (in the union) — Today at 11:24 PM
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 11:24 PM
5 ⟵ [5] 1d10
Professor Fether — Today at 11:24 PM
Test roll 2:
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
2 ⟵ [2] 1d10
Professor Fether — Today at 11:24 PM
Seems in order.

New BRAU, Top Ten Rolls, roll one of six:
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
6 ⟵ [6] 1d10
Professor Fether — Today at 11:25 PM
Chisato Matsui (Primrosette)
New BRAU, Top Ten Rolls, roll two of six:
pooper (in the union) — Today at 11:25 PM
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 11:25 PM
1 ⟵ [1] 1d10
Hirono Shimizu (Aura)
New BRAU, Top Ten Rolls, roll three of six:
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
1 ⟵ [1] 1d10
reroll
reroll
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
4 ⟵ [4] 1d10
Yoshimi Yahagi (Carrion Queen)
New BRAU, Top Ten Rolls, roll four of six:
pooper (in the union) — Today at 11:26 PM
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 11:26 PM
2 ⟵ [2] 1d10
Professor Fether — Today at 11:26 PM
Yumiko Kusaka (Kermit)
New BRAU, Top Ten Rolls, roll five of six:
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
2 ⟵ [2] 1d10
reroll
reroll
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
5 ⟵ [5] 1d10
Shuya Nanahara (Dogs231)
New BRAU, Top Ten Rolls, roll six of six:
pooper (in the union) — Today at 11:27 PM
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 11:27 PM
4 ⟵ [4] 1d10
Professor Fether — Today at 11:27 PM
reroll
pooper (in the union) — Today at 11:27 PM
d10
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
— Today at 11:27 PM
10 ⟵ [10] 1d10
Professor Fether — Today at 11:27 PM
Hiroshi Kuronaga (Ohm)
That's a wrap! I'll log us and post.
As always, three days for cards and standard Forbidden Zone activity and an additional seven for Forbidden Zone exit posts. Deaths have until the end of October 25 in all time zones to complete.

Soon after card time passes, a chat channel and subforum will open for the Endgamers to discuss further plans.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Dogs231
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Dogs231 »

Hiya. I know it's not likely, but I'd love a hero. I've got some stuff I'd still want to do, ideas that I've still got on the table. I'd love the chance to do more with Shūya.
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Aura

Post by Aura »

Hi everyone. I would like to request a hero card for Hirono.

I had been hoping for a BRAU revival because Hirono was a character that I had been wanting to write for a while. And over the course of the NBRAU, I honestly don't think that I can remember a character that I've felt so passionate about writing on this site in a long time, if ever. I still have a couple of things left that I want to do with her, including an idea I've had since the beginning, and I really want to see them through. I would be absolutely grateful to anyone who would be willing to spare a hero card for Hirono. So I am begging you to please, please let me keep writing Hirono. I've been hoping since the start of this AU that I would be able to bring her to Endgame, and I know that I can finish her story strong there. Just please give me this chance.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Hello! I know that it might not be likely to happen, but I would like to request a hero for Chisato. I have been enjoying writing her character and I still have some ideas that I would like to carry out for her. I'd like to be able to get the chance to do more with her.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

BRAU2 staff rigged rolls so that I, Kermit, would not be in endgame! Me, Kermit, the most oppressed of all people! This is a true injustice!! The bot rolled me twice, which is how you can tell it's RIGGED!! I HAVE PROOF!!!
[+] Just look at this very undoctored image, which was leaked to me by my sources and not made by me in paint.net.
anyways I won't turn down a hero card but also there's other folks who I feel should probably be prioritized over me, so

feed me death threats, or also death ideas I guess, I typed "death threats" by accident but it was funny so I kept it ok thanks
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

Oh, should probably note that I'd love some death pitches!
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
[+] CONCEPTS

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"

[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

[+] OTHER

Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Don't save me.

No ideas.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

One day, three hours, and fifty-three minutes for cards and standard Forbidden Zone activity!
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Heroing Chisato Matsui with Yukiko Kitano.

Send death pitches.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Heroing Hirono with Mitsuru!

Ill accept death pitches but be warned I may already have something in mind.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Past time for cards! Endgame planning board and channel and such will go up tomorrow evening.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Just updated to let everyone know I got a death all planned out now.
The Director

Post by The Director »

Reminder that we're shooting to have these done five days from now!
[+] Surprise
Thanks to Claire for sig image!
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:

[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

[+] CONCEPTS

[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

[+] SOTF-TV V4

[+] SOTF-U V2

[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

[+] OTHER

[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

He ded.

Return to “BRAU2 Important Information”