Go for Broke

open

Two floors down from the primary deck of the cruise ship, another terrace of deck just out, primarily given over to a massive swimming pool. This pool is full of clean, fresh water, and arrayed around it are a wide range of beach towels, pool chairs, and water toys—the latter including dozens of pool noodles and boogie boards, as well as a pair of inflatable pool toys (one yellow duck and one green alligator), each large enough for a grown adult to ride. Back next to the entrance to the corridors is a small stand that sold ice cream; though it has been emptied of sweet treats it provides better cover than anything else in the immediate vicinity.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

What was it about this pool deck that made everyone who showed up here want to start shit?

Instead of leaving like he was fucking supposed to, Anthony decided to try and steal Luanne's baton; the two of them collapsed to the floor, and the new boy wasted no time piling in. The three of them were now thrashing around on the floor, hitting and yelling at each other. Well, it was mostly the two boys doing that; Luanne was sandwiched between them and unable to do much of either.

The temptation to leave while everyone was distracted was difficult to resist. She at least knew who was shooting, but still hadn't gotten a real answer to what happened to Sho and Rhonda. With Anthony no longer trying to cave her head in, she could at least check in on them and maybe do something to help. But Luanne had protected her from Anthony, and was definitely in deep shit with him now. She couldn't exactly abandon her in the middle of this dogpile with someone who'd just tried to kill her a minute ago and whoever this other guy was.

She walked up beside the kid pileup and wordlessly shoved the boy on top, try to push him off of Luanne.
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"THERE'S NO FUCKING TIME FOR THIS," Matias growled. There wasn't. What he didn't have time to say, what they didn't understand but fucking should've was that Seo-yun was pretty damn close to the five, right? She was only five away, yeah? And there were, he was pretty sure with his F grade in Algebra, more than five people in her vicinity, yeah? So everyone should've fucking gotten it into their fucking thick skulls that, if they just squabbled here like angry ducks about who's playing and who's not while some player picked them off one by one in the distance, then, said player would eventually come over here and start finishing them off, yeah?

They didn't listen. No one ever fucking listened to him.

He felt a force against him. Someone else adding to the whole clusterfuck instead of just stopping, just trying to hear him out.

So, partly out of surprise, and partly out of spite, he rolled over, and held on to the baton, to the pile, dragging them all towards the pool.
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

She was crushed. She was hit in the face. She had her hair pulled. She was spat on and screamed at. She was ignored and made invisible. She was going to die. One of them would use her as a human shield, and then the other would kill her. Because she didn't matter. She didn't mean anything to them. She would die because of someone else's war, and they were okay with that because she wasn't them. They were wasting her life. They were wasting Pippi's life and her notebooks and whatever answers were within them. They'd all just stormed in and dragged her into whatever bullshit it was they had going on, like she didn't also have things going on, like she didn't also have goals. It wasn't fucking fair at all.

Then there was a sharp, sudden yank sideways.

And then the water swallowed her for the second time in a day, flooding into her lungs.

And the two boys still weren't letting her move.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

She surfaced, and pulled herself up onto the dry boat deck as quick as she could, coming to rest on her hands and knees.

She took a moment and opened her mouth. Then she coughed up pool water. Like she was coughing blood.

She crumpled to the ground.

"I'm leaving." She mumbled quietly to Nadine, who may or may not have actually still been there. She hadn't gotten the chance to look.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

As the pile of people became bigger, all Ashanti could do was watch. There was no point in her becoming involved in all that - she looked backwards and couldn't see Seo-yun from their angle, but any moment now she could decide to come out and start adding to the count, since she had no idea what was going on in there. All she could hear was noise.

But she did start to rotate in orbit around the group. She didn't want to be near them, but she didn't want to be near that door.

And then, things took a weird turn.

Nadine shoved the pile into the pool.

A lot of what she'd surpressed when she first saw Marion's murderer returned again. This little bitch had the audacity to kill her best friend and now she was killing the one remaining person who could speak to her. Not on Ashanti's time.

She felt anger, but she didn't vocalize it at all when she ran forward from the side and barrelled into Nadine.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

In hindsight, she maybe could've thought through her brilliant plan to help Luanne for a second longer.

Instead of getting the boy off Luanne, she'd managed to roll the entire trio into the pool. Luanne at least managed to get loose once they were in the water, though Nadine didn't expect thanks for the rescue. She'd probably just made everything worse; that seemed to be the running theme for the day. Luanne seemed pretty understandably done with all this shit, and quietly announced she was leaving.

"Luanne, I'm sor-"

There wasn't time to finish apologizing. Someone else barreled into her from the side, sending her face-first into the water. Her ears were immediately ringing again, the low-grade headache she'd developed from the Anthony's blow flaring with fresh intensity. At least she'd landed in a spot shallow enough to stand back up in. She swiftly rose from the water and turned to the edge of the pool. The water clung to her glasses, distorting her vision, but she could see enough to tell it was the girl who'd just run out of the banquet hall.

"What- what the fuck was that for?!" Nadine yelled, furiously splashing her.
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Matias shouted. Luanne was caught between their tug of war, and Anthony wasn't going to let go. He had lost his fucking plank, he had lost any fucking chance at getting the upper hand on these players again and all he was gonna get out of this was a kick in the balls and more names to add onto the list. Then there was a sudden lurch, and Anthony didn't know what was happening until he came face to face with the water. Involuntary gasping for air as he was freed from the pile, water entered his lungs and he spluttered, kicking in some random direction, up or down, it didn't matter he just needed to get away from the fracas before someone killed him.

He was in the deep end, maybe. Wasn't where he had been intending to go, he needed up, but wasn't alone. Two bodies. Here this whole time, while they were fighting, while they were talking, they had been lying here this whole time. Was lying the right word? Floating? It didn't matter.

Today couldn't get worse, Anthony thought. But no, he recognised one of the bodies well. Kurt. Fuck. The other one, he couldn't place. No bags or weapons or anything. Nothing he could use. So, he let the bodies burn into his mind then broke away and then swam up, up, up, his lungs screaming at him to stop, that they needed air, that they were-

He broke the surface of the pool, gasping breathlessly, coughing up pool body water. Doggy-paddling towards a ladder and climbing up it, Anthony noted that he was on the other side of the fighting. Nadine was in the pool, and the other girl - Ashanti, he thought - had seemingly pushed her in, judging by how she was staring at her. Luanne was out of the pool. God fucking knows where Matias is. Still in the water, maybe. Another friend to add to the pile down there, perhaps. What did he care?

He couldn't talk to Ben anymore, he imagined. Timed out by now, if they had a sort of timer thing. Which they probably did but that didn't matter right now. He could run and attack Luanne but all his clothes were wet, and soggy, and probably had bits of dead guy on them, and right now he just wanted to take a shower or something. Get some new clothes maybe, try and find some. Maybe find some clothes washing place, because they had to have those on a cruise ship.

For now though, he would just watch. Staggering over to a pool chair, opposite all the drama and fighting and what not, his feet making wet squelchy sounds as he moved, Anthony made to sit down-

Huh. There was something stashed behind it. Two bags and an axe. Right up against the back of the chair, so you'd have to come over and look at it to see them. He didn't give a shit about the bags, no, but the axe? A step up from a plank. He was of course, wetter than a fucking fish, but he could dry his clothes. He could dry his socks. This was a gift, perhaps. A reward for sending a player to their eternal judgement. Sure, he'd have liked to not have to witness another dead friend to find it, but it's funny how things worked out, innit? Lose your plank, get an axe that's infinitely more deadly. It wasn't a gun, but that didn't matter. One of these players were bound to have one, and then he could just axe them to death and then take it. Sounded like a good plan.

Grabbing the axe, he tested the swing. It was light. It was good.

He couldn't help but smile.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

So that's where Kurt ended up, huh.

Looked every bit as intense in death as he had in life, really. Eyes wrenched, glued open, face strained as whoever the other guy was kept him chained underwater, both of them now in some watery stasis. One guy in a chair, lying sideways, the other, Kurt, outstretched towards the water, head just a few inches from the surface.

It's not like he'd been looking especially hard for him, really. Matias had been busy with a few things in the meantime. Trying but failing to get more people on the team, dealing with death, dealing with Ashanti. Just felt weird running into an old friend like this.

Matias broke through the surface with a gasp, coughing out some of the water he'd inhaled by accident. His hands flailed for a moment, and then they found the curbside, pulled him up.

He shakily pushed himself up from the group, stood on the side of the pool. He looked down, drop after drop after water splashed from his leg, darkened the wood beneath his feet.

Oh hey. He had the baton in his hand. Didn't seem to be of much worth now, he thought, given how everyone was scattered, everything was fucked, but there it was. At least they wouldn't fight over this now.

He looked around. There was shouting, splashing, none of the noises really made much sense, it was all muffled, his ears felt full. His eyes were a bit blurry too, so he wiped them with his non-gloved hand, opened his eyes, and-

For fuck's sake, who let fucking Anthony get a hold of a fucking axe?

Why the fuck was he smiling?

No one else seemed to be paying attention. They were all busy with their own little squabbles.

He looked down at his hands. Dropped the baton. Didn't need it, it'd be a distraction. Curled the fingers of his gloved hand, pulled it into a fist. This would be good enough, maybe, please.

Called out to Anthony, loud enough for the rest of the group to hear, hopefully, said, "Congrats. You gonna use that on the girl shooting us all up now?"

His heart beat like gunfire. His skin was dripping wet, yet the back of his throat was all dried up.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne wasn't sure what Nadine was apologizing for, but that didn't even matter anymore because now Nadine had been pushed into the pool by the new arrival who was the one other than the one who had just almost killed Luanne.

She coughed out more water, and glared up at the girl.

"You people are fucking ridiculous," she mumbled, before rising to her feet and looking over to the other side of the pool.

Anthony had a freaking axe now, and the other boy had Pippi's baton.

Luanne frowned profusely. Then she turned around and stumbled over to the crab stick or whatever it was that the boy had dropped. Water dripped and trailed along behind her. Everything felt so fucking heavy. She was too fucking sick and tired of this shit to even be able to start thinking about fun facts involving paintings that featured crabs. She picked up the crab stick. Because unlike those two testosterone-brained psychos over there screaming at each other, she actually needed a weapon to be able to realistically defend herself physically.

She heard the baton clatter to the ground. She wanted to grab it, but she knew getting anywhere near angry freight train boy or crazy axe boy would be a bad idea.

Then she heard one of the boys saying something.

You gonna use that on the girl shooting us all up now?

This really was the same shit over and over and over and over again.

Luanne turned back around to face the two boys.

"NO YOU FREAKING IDIOT HE'S GOING TO KILL YOU WITH IT!" She shouted, smacking the end of the crab stick against the ground.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Matias asked him something, and Anthony looked up at him, still holding the axe.

"Axe versus a gun. Don't think it'll be much use." He let out a chuckle, wiping the water dripping down his forehead and into his eyes away.

And then he walked away.

((Anthony Golden continued in There is the sea, great and broad))
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Ashanti recoiled from the side of the pool when Marion's killer sent the splash of water at her. She almost responded with verbal force, but I'm pretty sure you know the story of why that didn't happen by now. She instead flipped the middle finger of her right hand upwards to God, before focusing on her partner currently in the pool.

Except he wasn't in the pool now, because everyone was suddenly getting out of the pool, even quicker than they'd fallen in. Ashanti had seen a lot of weird things on SOTF, but chlorine giving people superpowers was pretty far down the list. Except maybe that meant that the water Nadine splashed her with was now giving her her own superpowers. Maybe she could launch Nadine via middle finger into the sky and have her land out of bounds.

And now one of them was leaving. Ashanti felt strange, like she'd fallen out of time. She surely hadn't been standing idly by as everyone monologued and collected weapons, had she? After all her time making fun of people on Louisa's season for doing the same thing, even when that one chick killed that guy and she started monologuing, what was suddenly causing her to fall into the same trap?

Maybe the fact she wasn't focused. Part of her mind was still back in that ballroom, where Seo-yun-

Seo-yun.

Everybody here was focused on needless micro bull, unlike Ashanti who was the only one with her eye on the bigger picture, a brief soap opera slapfight towards Nadine aside. They needed to get out of there. As for where they would run, Ashanti didn't know. One of their team was probably still back in that ballroom, and another was walking off with whatever-the-fuck.

Ashanti locked on Matias.

"Nobody's going to help, we need to G-O."
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Instead of responding to Nadine, the girl reacted to being splashed by wordlessly flipping her off. Did she think Nadine had meant to push Luanne and the boy burrito she was wrapped in into the water? Or did she just personally hate her? She was vaguely familiar to Nadine, though she couldn't guess at her name, so maybe she'd pissed her off at some point before SOTF and this was her petty revenge.

A lot happened while she clambered out of the pool. Anthony was finally gone. Armed again, but gone. She was certain she hadn't seen the last of him, but he was, for now, out of her hair. Luanne and the other boy had swapped weapons now, if unintentionally so. Nadine's own weapon, the nailgun, had fallen into the water at the pool's edge; likely useless now, or more so than it already had been.

The sole person here who hadn't taken a swim was focused on her friend. Nadine recognized she was using sign language, though she herself didn't know it very well. That explained why she hadn't answered her. Didn't excuse the outburst, but at least things made bit more sense. Without being able to sign back, she likely wasn't gonna be able to communicate much with her.

"Hey, you," she shouted over to the boy, "mind answering me this time? What happened to Sho-"

She didn't get to finish this thought either, as she was cut off yet again. Not by some stranger pointlessly shoving her into the water, but by a sound.

A bone-chilling scream stabbing through the air from the direction of the dining hall.

"Shoshanna?!" She whirled around, facing the entrance to the room, face stricken with panic. Her heart raced frantically, intensifying the pulsing headache she'd gained. She didn't recognize who was screaming, but odds were good it was anyone except the girl with the gun. Odds were very, very good that last night's tragedy was repeating itself all over again.

For what felt like ages, she couldn't move.

Then she booked it for the door.

(Nadine Flores continued in If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it)
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

One of the more offensive things about this whole situation was that the crab leg was with Luanne. Like, sure, on some level it was fair given he'd taken her baton and all, but, like, come on, he was a crab! She wasn't! Get your filthy non-crustacean hands off that leg. Go find some other fitting symbol for your team, like a pirate leg or a hand hook or whatever the fuck her mentor was known for and...

It was taking him his entire fucking being to not think about the fact that yet another teammate, what had been a friend of his, even, had just walked out on him like nothing, with perhaps the best weapon in this entire room, too. Or to fixate on that outstretched corpse in suspended animation beneath the pool surface.

But he was managing, he thought.

Ashanti's hands caught his attention from the corner of his eye. And, like, she wasn't wrong. Everyone in this room had proved fucking useless, too preoccupied with whatever, might as well just cut and run, but it was so, so fucking frustrating that fucking nothing was working out for them, that they'd be reduced to traipsing around these boats yet a-fucking-gain.

He closed his eyes, took a few deep breaths. Throwing another tantrum wouldn't help, so, like, just find some calm and-

His eyes jolted open the same time as that scream.

They opened to see someone finally taking action, running back towards the door they'd stumbled in from. He locked eyes with Ashanti.

"THERE - OUR - HELP."

Nadine didn't have anything, no weapon nor particular strength, it looked like, but she didn't need to have anything. Numbers. It was a numbers game, was what he'd been saying the entire time. Now was their best chance to take down their biggest threat.

He followed after Nadine, really, really hoped the rest would follow him for once.

((Matias Juarez continues in If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it))
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

So... um, Anthony was just gonna walk away from the guy who'd just tackled him into the pool. Like he hadn't literally just tried to murder Luanne and Nadine for the unforgivable crime of not blindly supporting everything he said and did.

Okay. Whatever. Fine. He was a vulture who only picked fights he thought he would win. She should have expected it.

Then there was a scream. It was loud, and that meant the screamer was probably dead now. Then Nadine screamed. Then she left.

Then the angry boy said some stuff in sign language to the girl he'd arrived with. Luanne guessed that meant the girl was deaf or something. Then he left.

During the past half-hour, Luanne had witnessed the death of her only tangible ally. Then she had been stalked or something by the killer of her only tangible ally. Then she'd been accosted by some goth and a boy who had a gun and a grudge against her ally's murderer. Then she'd tried to stop the fight before it began, because sometimes she had to be good at cutting through bullshit. Because she knew how things like that went. She'd seen at least a minute of this show before. And then she was ignored. She was disregarded. Everything she tried to do got bulldozed and minimized. Everything she said just passed through one ear and out the other. Over and over and over again. And then she was threatened. And then called a bitch. And then thrown into a fight, because when one person walks into a room and decides they want to have a fight, everybody else in the room has no freaking choice but to give up what they were doing and to deal with them. And then she was possibly thrown under the bus. And then she was robbed. And tackled. And yelled at and beaten and crushed and pressed into. And then almost drowned. And then she was traumatized by something underwater. And now she was being stared at and dressed down by the cameras again.

And she hadn't even been given a chance to emotionally process Pippi's death yet. Let alone the rest of that stuff.

So.

So she knew how it would go if she followed Nadine towards the gunshots. Her presence would not keep Nadine from being shot, nor would her presence stop Seo-yun. Either she'd get shot and die because she brought a crab stick to a gun fight, or she would waste more time, and she would keep being put through the wringer, and it wouldn't make a difference if she was there or not, because everyone would keep ignoring her and treating like she was some nameless faceless background extra who only existed as a means to others' ends. And then she would become that to the audience, and it wouldn't be profitable anymore to let her try to escape, and then the producers would shrug and let her die because this was a show about selling things.

So.

Everybody in this godforsaken place was busy getting killed, busy killing people, or busy reacting to people getting killed. They were so busy with it that it seemed like it was all they ever did. And a lot of the time they couldn't even freaking do anything about it.

But god, what a waste of freaking time. What a waste of human life.

So.

Luanne wanted to do the right thing, but fuck, she wasn't going to be able to help anyone at all in the long run if she wasn't pragmatic about it. Anyone could die at literally any moment. Including her. So she couldn't afford to have her time wasted when she had things she needed to do.

So.

"..."

She quietly took a step back, and sat down on the side of a pool chair. She slid Pippi's backpack from her shoulder and placed it on the ground. Then she unzipped it and began rooting around inside.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Back in?

BACK IN?

After the madness they'd just escaped, Matias wanted to throw themselves back in? Why? There was no reason for this. They had no idea what was going on in that ballroom, if anyone was dead or if Seo-yun just got her last kills - all they heard was a scream and for some reason Marion's killer and Ashanti's travelling companion decided that was reason enough to charge back in.

She didn't get it.

But seeing as how her only connection to the outside world was walking back through the doorway from whence they had just escaped, Ashanti had no choice but to follow. She wasn't a fan of how things were going, but she knew she wasn't going to be responsible for anything that happened, words which could comfort her parents when she got shot in the eye or whatever was going to happen.

((Ashanti Baker continued))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “Cruise Ship: Open-Air Pool (Danger Zone)”