Out Run

The wilderness of The Great Basin Desert outside of the arena, with the whole rest of the world on the other side. This area is off-limits under pain of death, so venture into it at your own risk.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Well, she was calling somebody. That was a start. Now, for the file. Stephen didn't know if 7/11 sold files, but they were presumably somewhere real fucking rural, and if there was a gas station, there might be something in case of mishap with the pumps or shit. The only place he could think to look was a door marked 'STAFF ONLY', which didn't dissuade Stephen. Opening it up, it did look like there was some kinda tool kit or something inside. Opening it and dumping the contents on the floor with a clatter, there was a wire cutter inside. Stephen scooped it off the ground, looking around for Cecilia.

"HEY! I FOUND A WIRE CUTTER! FOR THE COLLARS!"
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Cecilia heard him and ran to the source of the shout. The sooner she got this deathtrap off, the better.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin glanced over towards Alan, chipmunk cheeks filled with a mix of slurpee and cheetos. Ximena had passed out and Alan needed to know if people were on their way.

He turned his head back to the 7/11. Focused, watched, listened through the conversations. Heard phrases such as 9-11, wire cutters, collars, cellphones, the clerk talking about amberlamps…

Yeah. Yeah they were on their way.

Crispy tried to swallow but his mouth was too full, so instead he turned his head back at Alan, and nodded, giving a red thumbs up.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia felt the weight of something light on her chest, followed by some of her hair being swept aside behind her ear. She could hardly feel either, though, and she had no idea who it was that did it. She heard the person walk off somewhere unknown. Claudia just laid there, still as a board.

Eventually, she opened her eyes again. It was taking a lot more effort to do that than it had before. Her eyes were burning and sore from all the dust in her eyes and for wearing her contacts for five days in a row. She raised her head up slightly, before realizing she couldn’t see as much as she could before. Oh. She wasn’t on anyone’s legs anymore. She was flat on the seat.

She lifted her head up, up, up some more (god it hurt) to see what was laying on her chest.

It was peanut butter M&Ms. She stifled a giggle, because breathing hurt and she was sure laughing would hurt worse. She tried to lift one of her arms to grab one of the candies. She found she couldn’t move it.

Then, she couldn’t stop laughing.

It was so absurd. Her last request before she died was seriously peanut butter M&Ms? The laughing hurt, it hurt so bad. Tears were steaming down her face. She couldn’t even enjoy her last request because her arms felt like rocks. Figures.

Her laughing turned into sobbing. Where was everyone? She didn’t want to die alone. She wanted to die surrounded by her loved ones, in a hospital bed where she could find peace with herself, not some fucking SUV in the middle of some godforsaken desert with a spilling bag of M&Ms. Her breathing accelerated. It felt like her ribs were being stabbed.

Before she knew it, all the energy that was saved up was gone. The heavy sobbing stopped, but the tears still came. It was getting harder to push her chest up now. Breathing was still painful. Her eyes closed again.

She felt herself slipping. Her fingers couldn’t get a grip anymore. She was falling backwards. She called for help. She called for her parents. She called for Steve. She called for Yvonne.

But no sound came.

Her hands were off the rocks now. She felt the open air as her body fell, flowing through the air as she sank closer to the blackness.

A few more seconds passed. It was nearly upon her now. Her hand touched it first, the icy blackness subsuming it entirely. She looked down. It was gone. She looked back up. It was all black, now. It was all she could see. It was all she would ever see.

Back in the SUV, the steady rise and fall that the body known as Claudia Salgado had known her entire life had stopped. In the far distance, the body could not hear the sirens of first responders that were on their way to save her.

S027: Claudia Salgado - DECEASED
10 Students Remaining
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

“Oh yeah, police too. It might-” Bella handled the phone gingerly while it rested against the side of her face.

“There are… four of them? No, actually, It was five. A couple of them stepped back outside.” As she finished that part of the explanation, her focus shifted towards the boy breaking into the staff only room. She quickly covered the phone receiver with her free hand and held it further from her head.

“Hey! You can’t be back there! It’s-! Look, if you need something, just tell me, alright?” She sighed, becoming more visibly frustrated as she attempted to manage the situation, still having to figure out what to do about the random items that had already been taken from the store proper.

“Can you tell them to settle down?” Bella asked the girl who still stood close to the counter, before removing her hand from the receiver.

“Hello? Yeah, uh, sorry about that.”
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"There's either seven or eight of us." Astrid mumbled loudly, not acknowledging Bella's request.

"Give me your cellphone and I promise you'll make the national news."
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Two ambulances with sirens going screeched to a halt in the parking lot of the 7/11 and gas station, stopping about 20 feet from the small group and their car.

The dispatch had gone out while Bella was still on the phone, and two vehicles were in the area, receiving a call that several people were in urgent need of emergency services. The fact that it was a landline meant that the address was logged as soon as the call came through.

The backs of both cars opened, and one man exited from each.

From the first vehicle, a jovial-looking paramedic with a buzz cut, built like a football linebacker, exited. From the other, a stocky but shorter man with glasses and a five o’clock shadow stepped out.

"Oh, Rio."

"Hey, Josh!"

"I thought you were still on vacation?"

"Nah, we – what the fuck is this mess?" asked Josh, adjusting his glasses.

Rio nodded to the injured people and they both stepped forward to get to work. An additional paramedic from each ambulance hopped out.

Josh walked over to the sedan, all doors open, and leaned in over the body inside. He frowned and called back.

"Beds, Fred, red!" he called out.

Rio approached Crispin, looking down at the boy sitting on the curb eating Cheetos, and made special note of all the bandages. He took his index finger and poked Crispin on a patch of uninjured forehead. A little red sticker in the shape of a circle appeared where he’d poked.

"Boop!" he said.

He next moved to Alan and Ximena. Rio took a good look at them, noting Alan’s hand, and poked Alan’s forehead which sprouted a green sticker.

Next, he leaned down and put his head close to Ximena while putting two fingers up to her neck. After a moment, he poked her in the forehead, resulting in an orange sticker.

"Cops'll meet us at the hospital," he explained. "Anyone else?" he asked, as one bed rolled was rolled out by a paramedic to where the group by the curb stood.

Meanwhile, a second bed arrived at the car where Josh and a paramedic loaded Claudia onto it. After inspecting her, Josh touched a clear bag of liquid he’d taken from the ambulance. It turned red. A paramedic shuffled up to the bed and placed both of his hands on her chest, emanating a red glow. As he did, Josh inserted a needle connected to the bag into Claudia's arm.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Salic

Post by Salic »

The stiffening body didn’t feel anything. It couldn’t feel anything. It couldn’t perceive anything, either, except for the black void that surrounded it. Except, it couldn’t even perceive the blackness, for there were no functioning eyes or brain to perceive and process it. So there was nothing. No light, no sound, no color, nothing. It was consumed by a great void, though the body had no knowledge of that. There was no awareness of that fact.

So the body had no idea that it had been picked up by a paramedic, and it had similarly no idea that the bloody, torn tank top that had been adorning it was removed. There was no reaction when a needle full of blood was inserted into its arm. The feeling of a paramedic’s hands being placed on its shoulder and side did not register. Neither did the massive shock that coursed through the body.

However, mere milliseconds after that shock, the eyelids flew open, and suddenly, so suddenly, everything was alive again.

S027: Claudia Salgado - ALIVE
11 Students Remaining

((Claudia Salgado continued in the Aftermath))
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Cecilia came over at Stephen's cry, and from there, it was a quick snip of the wire cutters, one on the front of her collar and one on the back and it slid off in two pieces. "Alright, uh, don't move Astrid I'm gonna get your collar off." Walking over to her, Stephen hooked in the wire cutters and snipped the back of the collar. "It should just peel off if you pull at it, the metal's too thin to really resist. I'm gonna go outside and get the other collars off."

The ambulances had arrived, Stephen noted as he started to walk outside. No matter if you were in Bend or whatever dinky shithole they were in now, the sirens were the exact same. They'd got two beds out; Claudia was on one, with two guys standing over her. Blood and one of the guys had like, glowy hands. The blood was normal, but whatever the fuck the glowy hands were wasn't. Dropping the cutters, he started to rush over to her. She had to be alive. He hadn't come all this way, done everything he had done, just for both of the people he had tried to save to die. Emily was dead. If Claudia was dead, everything he'd done; the filing, the escape, it would all mean nothing.

In a way, it was his fault. If they'd just stayed put, Claudia would be fine. The collars would have stopped working either way, They could have walked out of the compound together. But he had insisted that they had to go, he didn't go after Claudia when she had ran off, and maybe if he hadn't done that, Emily would have been OK, and they could have all just driven the fuck out of here.

Deep down, he knew it wasn't his fault. He couldn't have seen the premature end of everything coming.

But watching paramedics stand over her, shouting and fussing over her, what Stephen could see was his failure.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid huffed at Bella and snatched the duffelbag back off of the counter.

"Jesus fucking fine, whatever, keep your stupid phone. They're already here." She sighed, turning around and stumbling out of the store. Her boots clacked against the concrete outside as she strode past Crispin, Alan, and Ximena, and up to the paramedic with the sticker fingers.

"Hey, sorry. I need to borrow your phone for a sec. Promise I'll give it right back," she mumbled to him.

She did not acknowledge either Stephen or Claudia.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Cecilia stayed in the back room a moment longer, pulling at the collar. On the off chance that it was still going to detonate, it'd better to die here in the back room where it was all concrete and cement, instead of letting herself get splattered across the candy aisle where that poor worker would have to scrub it all off.

It would have been a terrible last thought to be thinking, but she didn't die. Not yet. She pulled the collar off all the way and slunk out of the back room, giving a contrite look to the cashier. "Perdóname, she mumbled quietly as she past and headed for the door. The collar wasn't as immediately deadly right now, but it still contained a lot of very, very bad things that would absolutely ruin the tragically cheerful display of Ruffles and Tostitos, and make the Doritos EXTREME in an entirely new way.

She gingerly held the collar like a dead rat, and pushed open the exit door. There were flashing lights, spearing into her eyes despite it being midday. Paramedics were there, working feverishly on the girl from the backseat.

She ducked around behind the convenience store, and threw the collar into the dumpster. At least if it exploded there, it'd be less likely to hurt anybody.

In all the hubbub and activity, she saw that the car that they'd taken was just sitting there. Were the keys still in the ignition? Cecilia had been taught how to drive, but hadn't been able to get licensed. She could... she could take the car, couldn't she? She could just drive off, before the police got here. Maybe they wouldn't catch her. She didn't have any money, but she did have the gun, didn't she? She could use it, if she was careful... get gas, food... a map. She could hitchhike out of here. She could phone Tia Paulina to come get her, and hide somewhere for a few hours, until she arrived. She could just... run, couldn't she? While everyone was distracted, she could slip away, and in all the confusion it'd take them a while to even notice she was gone.

All of these plans unfolded out in front of her. Escape routes. Ways out of here. Ways to put off whatever punishment was coming for her. But she didn't take another step. She sat down heavily on the curb, watching the paramedics taking two of the girls away, the other kids standing around uselessly - or, in one case, demanding a phone. She could have leave them all behind. But they hadn't left her, had they? They'd taken her in the car, given her a chance that other kids hadn't been given. They'd removed her collar, and told her that they'd support her, no matter what.

She thought about Mattie. One day. One lousy, stupid day. If they had just waited a few more hours, if they had just done nothing at all, Mattie would be here. He'd be sitting beside her, watching all of this, marveling at how they'd made it through unscathed. And the whole time, she'd be silently counting sixty-one-second intervals to be sure it was all real and they weren't just having some kind of shared flashback. But the two of them had been afraid. Scared of the others, desperate to protect themselves, unable to believe that there was any way out. Those fears had gotten Mattie killed. Those fears had made her a murderer. She'd be paying for it for the rest of her life.

She was terrified of what might happen now. Terrified of what the police might do, of what they'd say. But... she didn't have to be alone this time. Not if she didn't want to.

She got up and gravitated towards the others, staying quiet, but standing with them, ready to face whatever came next together.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy sat there watching the medics do their thing, as he took another sip of slurpee. Of all the ways for this shit to end, he had to be honest, this wasn’t what he was expecting. Then again field trips to a potato farm in Idaho don’t end up somewhere in the desert where everyone’s out to waste your ass neither.

All these lights, all this movement, hell just the fact he’d finished his bag of hot Cheetos meant this shit was over right? Yeah, he still had that collar on him, and yeah his entire body hurt like… well it hurts like it is, there ain’t nothing he could really compare to it. It ain’t gotten any better either, it’s just been around so long that it’s basically just a part of him now. When the docs fixed him up, would it still be there? If not, would he miss it?

Crispy wiped red dust off his hand onto his shirt as the gritty powder found it’s way into more cuts and burns. He hissed.

Nah.

Nah he wouldn’t miss this shit it fuckin’ sucks goddamn lol, that was stupid to even think.

He glanced around at the others. They weren’t gonna miss the pain either, just about everyone else hurt was passed out n shit. Should he be passed out? Crispy stared at the concrete road.

He glanced up and saw Claudia getting shocked. Oh damn she dead? When the fuck that happen? Damn. That shit sucks. Crispy would be pissed as shit if he died here. All them other mfers in hell waiting to laugh at him, shieet. Yeah he’d have an eternity to whoop their asses unless they were all incorper-incoop- fucking invisible but with touching instead of seeing, but like he wanted his eighty something years of doing other shit first. And shit if he couldn’t touch them, shit that WOULD be hell. Having to listen to all them shitheads all day, AND he can’t put them in their place again, fuck no.

Crispy slurped his slurpee as he watched Astrid pester some EMS dude about their phone. Girl it’s only been a week you only missed one episode of Riverdale, gawdamn.

Wait.

It’s only been a fucking week. Holy shit.

Crispy blinked.

All this contemplacing is too hard, fuck this shit.

Crispy took another slurp.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

“Hey Crispin, don’t move. I’m gonna get that collar off.”

Stephen bent over, and grabbed the wire cutters again.

Snip. Snip.

The two pieces clattered to the ground.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin blinked as the collar was off. Truth be told, Crispy was kind of surprised he was so, docile, if that's the right word to use. Not even a day ago, he'd flinch back, square up, and get ready for the fight of his life, he couldn't even trust Alan to boost him after he told the truth, and now people were putting stickers on him, and going up to his neck with bolt cutters and shit. Hell, he was pretty sure Stephen didn't like him, he could've gotten away with wasting him like that, or just nicking him to make a point or some shit. He didn't. Just showed up, and cut his collar off.

And Crispy just let it happen.

"Thanks, fam."

Yeah, nothing bad was coming from any of it, and Crispy knew nothing bad would come, but he expected... More, maybe? In all the movies he's seen, after traumatic shit happens, people freak out and go all 'don't touch me' and like curl up and panic, and here he was after getting fucked up basically everywhere and getting his face melted off twice, and he's just along for the ride.

Shit, he felt like he was along for the ride the entire time. Hell, he basically was, come to think of it. He just walked from one event to the next, and here he was at the end of it all, like it was a haunted house or some shit. Bunch of different rooms and different shit to experience, but in the end you walk in, and you walk out. Of course some people didn't walk out, but he did.

He wondered if the others felt that way, if they were just along for the ride or not. Maybe not Ximena, but Astrid, or Cecilia, maybe Stephen? They all judged him, they heard his name over and over again, but he heard theirs' too. Just about everyone left had to experience some shit. Once word passed around, people back home would definitely judge, talk some shit. They didn't matter though; they can talk all they want. Wish all they want. Pretend all they want that they were there. That they went through what he did. That they'd have done things different.

And their stupid asses would've been dead. They weren't him, and they'd never be. Crispin was alive.

Crispy took a deep breath.

He didn't really know what to say. Didn't really know who to talk to. Stephen's the closest, maybe him? Should he mention Claudia at all?

Fuck, there he goes thinking again. That shit was bad for him, he needed to stop doing it.

"Hey man, you doing alright?" He said, staring straight ahead.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Alan’s arms were extremely grateful when the ambulances finally arrived, though he was a little annoyed at the cutesy way the guy decided to sticker all of them. Like, this was still a crisis situation or whatever.

“Thanks.” He sighed, heading over to one of the medical beds the paramedics had brought out and laying Ximena on one of them. He took a long look at her, reminding himself that she’d be fine as long as she rested, before finally backing away. As he did, Alan spotted Stephen removing Crispin’s collar and considered asking for the same, before deciding that he probably trusted someone at the hospital to do a better job.

The paramedics had turned their attention to Claudia in the car. No wonder, considering the state she was in. When they seemed to have her settled, Alan spoke up again.

“Say, I don’t suppose either of you can replace fingers? Otherwise, I’m not sure I should crowd out those ambulances, since there’s seven of us total.” He explained, noticing Astrid also trying to get their attention, but not paying her much mind.

Return to “The Outskirts”