Out Run

The wilderness of The Great Basin Desert outside of the arena, with the whole rest of the world on the other side. This area is off-limits under pain of death, so venture into it at your own risk.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Kermit

Post by Kermit »

She shifted her body and turned her head, like she was looking back over her shoulder at Ximena.

"Yeah, a plan." She mumbled, expressionless. She made a circular gesture with her hand, indicating around at everything in the car. "We're probably in a death penalty state, and all of us except you, Yvette, and Alan -- we killed people. So, is there a plan?"
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

"D-Death?"

Cecilia's face paled. Her heart began to race madly. "No! No! I do not kill! It is only... it is accidente!"
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

‘Come on. We wouldn’t be arrested for all of this shit, no fucking way! Or get the death penalty. If anything they’d give more of a shit about the people who like, abducted us and killed a bunch of people on the bus alone?” Stephen scoffed.

How many people had been on that bus, and how many had survived to get to the compound just to die there?

“Plus,” Stephen continued, “the furries are still out there. Maybe that dude killed them all, but in that case he’d probably vouch for us. They wouldn’t want this shit to happen again, you know?
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid sighed in Stephen's general direction. She flipped her hair and then winced in pain.

"Okay, whatever, guy. Even then we can still be held liable in civil suits, like how they got OJ."

She then turned her head away from the backseat, faced forward for a second, and then swiveled her neck a bit so that her head was slightly directed at Cecilia.

"I believe you, and if you need, I'll back up your story if we get sent to court." She mumbled.

She then turned her head back around again to where it was facing earlier, aimed at the back of the car.

"What I'm saying is... okay. They said they'd upload the footage after we all died, right? And then they died or whatever before we all died, so that's not happening. And as far as we know we're the only people in the class who made it out." She mumbled, enunciating as much as one was able to when moving only half their mouth.

She paused for a moment to take a breath.

"So that means that, all of us together, we decide what the rest of the world knows. So we should probably figure that out."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Alan grimaced at Astrid’s proposal. Seemed like wishful thinking on her part, that she might dodge whatever happened out in the desert like it wasn’t all recorded. It was possible that her assessment of the situation was correct, but that was not a certainty.

“We don’t know what happened to them and we don’t know what happened to the footage from those cameras. Maybe the guy they said we were free leaked all of it. We don’t know shit.” He replied in a low voice, eyes fixed on what lay ahead.

“This shit is gonna be big and that means feds are gonna be involved. Maybe it’s selfish, but I ain’t interested in lying to them for you, particularly when they might just be able to dig up some video evidence of you stabbing somebody in the back. Sorry.” He continued to explain, taking a tone that was more matter-of-fact than apologetic.

“Til we know what’s up, I’m sticking to what happened. You can still fudge it, say you were stressed, that you couldn’t sleep, that it’s hard to control your gift, whatever. Maybe you can add some tragic shit from school. They won’t have footage of that, and most of the people that could contradict anything there are dead.” Alan’s voice grew a bit softer as he arrived at his conclusion, allowing the statement to hang on the air for a moment.

“Anyway, I hope we find somewhere with real fucking food before we get picked up.”
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia’s eyes opened again, and she felt that her arm was in a different place than she let it fall. She heard Alan’s comment about food and it made her giggle, though it probably sounded more like quick, raspy breaths rather than an actual laugh. The fattest guy here wanted some food, huh? A small grin split her face.

“Can you... turn the h-heat up? It’s s-so c-cold in here,” she requested in a shaky voice. From what little she could feel, she detected that her skin was far colder than it should be. Did they have the AC on max?

Her head tilted back again. She felt her eyes closing, and her rhythmic breathing returned.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Stephen pursed his lips tightly and didn't respond to Astrid, instead looking back down at Claudia, who'd woken to complain about being cold. He didn't know that much about what it felt like to die, but people in books and games and shit always said they felt cold when they were dying. But she wasn't going to die, she was gonna get to hospital and live, no matter what. Taking a deep breath, Stephen tried to remember some of the breathing exercises his mom taught him.

"Y-yeah, we'll turn it up. Don't worry." He clumsily wiped her brow with his shirt sleeve, briefly wondering why he did that because she wouldn't be sweating and she wasn't cold, but then Alan mentioned something about food and distracted him. For a moment, Stephen fantasised about McDonalds, or Olive Garden, or some delicious cold milk. Something that wasn't just plain fucking water or tasteless food bars.

"I mean, I'd rather get to a hospital. But hospital food's probably better than what we have."
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a bloody human incisor, which she then tossed onto Alan's lap.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Stephen couldn’t just bite his lip this time.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Cecilia watched the strange girl pull out a tooth and throw it at the heavyset boy. She edged a bit closer to the window, in case there were more body parts about to be thrown, tuning out the angry protest and all that followed it.

The car felt stifling now, way too small for the bodies crammed inside of it. She wanted out. Wanted to get out and run and keep running until all of this was far behind her. Kids were talking about court and death and jail and every time they spoke it sent her heart slamming and thumping against her ribcage like a bumblebee trying to fly through a pane of glass. She didn't want to talk about any of it, didn't want to even think about what was coming next. Didn't want to look at any of the other kids in the car.

The truth is, they weren't going to go through what she had gone through. It wouldn't be the same for them. They wouldn't have to go out in society knowing that half of the country actively supported their suffering. They wouldn't have to read opinion articles about how the terrorists weren't really to blame, they just were just doing a necessary job. They wouldn't hear the bowtied pendejo make that face like he was watching someone eat mayonnaise right out of the jar and ask, "If those kids hadn't insisted on going on field trips then the terrorists wouldn't have been forced to abduct them, right? Shouldn't we really be talking about regulating field trips instead? I'm just asking questions." They wouldn't walk down the street and nearly get run over by jacked-up pickup trucks flying "TERRORISTS 2020!" flags. They wouldn't watch the terrorists get away scot-free with what they had done to all these kids and go walking around in broad daylight, living in mansions and giving press interviews where they talked about how vital it was that they be put back in charge of terrorizing people.

The other kids said they'd support her, but they didn't know. They didn't know what it was going to be like for her. They believed that the government would sort things out, that there'd be laws and rules to protect them. And maybe that would be the case for the American kids. But it wouldn't be the same for her. They hadn't watched the system fail, over and over. They hadn't seen it fail on purpose just to increase their suffering. They were going to be messed up, but they were, ultimately, going to be taken care of.

Despite being surrounded by more people than she'd seen in the last five days, Cecilia felt more alone than ever.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Ximena half-listened to the discussion due to her ongoing efforts to heal the passengers in the back taking much of her attention.

But she did get the general gist. She didn't want to contribute an opinion, hoping to keep the delicate balance inside the vehicle, but also wasn't sure if she could muster it. Stephen and Alan already covered her thoughts more succinctly anyway.

"Hey... calefacción," she said, hoping to help Claudia and accompanying the request with a visual signal, rubbing her shimmering hands together.

Through the growing haze in her head, she could tell that Cecilia was terrified and miserable.

Relatable.

Xiemna looked on for a moment, trying to think of what to say, if anything. It was possible that saying anything could just make things worse; not unusual for her. But, well, what was taking one more chance? Maybe they were sort of like sisters, in a way.

"Podrán cortar todas las floras, pero no podrán detener la primavera," she recited gently, for the two of them.

She noticed Astrid throw something at Alan and heard Stpehen. She scowled. Not having the strength to be too angry, but still displeased with Astrid's choice, Ximena poked her in the back of the neck with a brief spark of accelerated time. It was a bit like rubbing your socks on the carpet and then zapping someone. She then leaned back against her seat to continue concentrating on her work.

God, we need to find some place soon.

"Play nice," she warned, with her eyes closed.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid flinched and rubbed the back of her neck. Then she slumped forward, pressed her face into the fabric of the bag sitting on her lap, and silently began to cry.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Alan had been glad that the others in the car were keen to shift the conversation toward the topic of food and away from Astrid’s stupid plan of trying to lie to the feds.

Then, he saw Astrid move beside him and felt something tap against his track pants. Briefly glancing down, he saw a bloody tooth on his lap.

“What the f-?” Alan hissed, cutting himself off to prevent an outburst. Taking a deep breath, he used his bandaged hand to brush the tooth away. Luckily, both Stephen and Ximena cut in to reprimand her, removing the need for Alan to make some retort of his own. He was grateful for that.

Still, after facing repercussions, Astrid quickly hid her face, clearly distraught. However, Alan found that he felt little pity or sympathy for the girl. He’d already spent enough time dealing with an emotionally fragile, violent little shit. He had no interest in coddling another.

At least Crispin had the grace to sleep and not get into any shit now that they were out.

Rolling his eyes, Alan refrained from saying anything and kept his attention on the road.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Sighing, Stephen rested his head back on the headrest of the seat, looking out of the windscreen. At first, he saw nothing but sand and shrubbery. But then, blinking and leaning forwards, Stephen thought he saw something else. A sign. One of those gas station signs that had the price of gas on it, he could see the lights faintly.

"Hey. Hey, do you guys see that? It looks like a gas station!"
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Wha-?”

There was the feint murmuring of voices that droned on in the black abyss that Crispy floated within. However the moment the words Gas Station arrived, they were emphasized, and very quickly he was sucked out of the darkness.

“Nnn-“

An eye opened. Crispy saw it.

“Ayo hold up-“

He blinked. It wasn’t a mirage.

“Oh shit dood!”

There was a grin forming. Civilization. That meant help. That meant they were free, that meant…

“Ay dawg pull over, I’m fuckin starving!”

Food.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.

Return to “The Outskirts”