Your Uber Has Arrived

Get in

The Exterior consists of the decaying parking lot outside and directly west of The Compound. The asphalt of the parking lot is marked by wide, deep cracks, with brush having grown up through these cracks. The parking lot and The Compound itself are surrounded by a chain-link fence with barbed wire on top, though much of this fence has rusted and many sections have fallen apart. A small, abandoned checkpoint consisting of a gate and a guard house exists at the entrance to the parking lot, with the gate having been left wide open.

THREAD LIMIT: 1

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

((Stephen burst through the door with his shoulder, struggling to carry Claudia.))

"Someone help me carry her! She's hurt!" Nobody else had shown up, so there was still room for her. They just put Astrid in the back with Crispin and Alan, then they lay Claudia over them and try and keep her stable until they get to a doctor. It was simple, easy. It was going to work. "She was literally at the bottom of the stairs, how the fuck did you miss her?"
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia opened her eyes, taking in the sight of the desert sky. Back in the basement, she had no idea if she would ever see it again. She had taken it for granted, really. That at any time, she could walk out and see the blue, sometimes gray sky that had been hanging above her head long before her and would continue to do so long after her. She blinked.

She turned her head, wincing as she did so, towards the car. She saw Crispin, Alan, and Astrid all hanging around near the car, with Ximena and another girl Claudia didn't recognize sitting in it. She said nothing before turning her head back to the sky. She studied it intently.

She hoped she never saw this stretch of the sky ever again.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
Assigned Weapon: Sickle
Location: The die was cast in Farm Storage (H6) - Iacta Alea Est
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Assigned Weapon: Czechoslovakian CZ 75 Semi-Automatic Pistol
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood
In-Game History: 1 - 2 -

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek
Assigned Weapon: [ERROR: WEAPON UNAVAILABLE.]
Gift: Flashbang
Location: She stared death in the face in The Outskirts - Out Run
Pregame History: 1 - 2
In-Game History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Assigned Weapon: Obedience to Authority + Altor Survival Pistol
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
Pregame History: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
In-game History: 1
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Oh gee, how did we miss someone on the otherside of the damn building where we exited from? Crispy really wanted to be a smarmy prick and point at the bandages wrapped around his eye, but...

Yeah, there wasn't much time to be a smarmy prick anymore. Claudia's guts were basically hanging out, if they wanted her to live, they'd have to book it. Crispy glanced at Alan and opened the car door leading to the back seat. He knew more about this doctory shit than Crispy did, maybe he had an idea? He turned back to Stephen and Claudia. Little bone boy looked like he was going to crumble like a cookie.

Crispy jogged over to them.

"Ay dood, give her to me."
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Alan responded and Ximena smiled uncontrollably wide like it was picture day. Then Crispin came up behind him and Stephen leaned in to lower the volume. He whispered to her and she turned and leaned towards him discretely. He made a point that Ximena found herself initially agreeing with. Then he took off to go find his own partner in crime.

“Okay, but try to get the lead out!” she called after Stephen who ran off to go get Claudia.

The noise and honking seemed to be drawing anyone left, which was good but they’d have to get a move on as soon as Stephen got back. There was no telling who else was lurking or what reinforcements these animal weirdos had.

Ximena leaned out of the window with her elbow bent on the bottom of the window frame like a trucker, coming in closer to Alan as he stepped near and dropped his voice. Her lips were set in a thin line and she stared up at the boy seriously.

“Oh, Alan,” she said quietly in return. She looked past him to Crispin.

A three times murderer, but also she knew that Crispin told Alan to fuck himself when Alan wouldn’t help him hunt for revenge. She remembered the surprising pain in Alan's voice when he recounted the events.

“El quiere que llegamos el ardillo o no va venir,” she murmured to the back seat. “No puedo dejarle,” she said, nearly a whisper.

There was new sudden movement and now Astrid was in the passenger’s seat next to her.

“Scooch in,” she said, patting the space in the center console. She’d have to straddle the gear shift, but whatever.

She now turned her attention to Crispin. Crispin had run off to help with Claudia. Ximena gasped softly at the state of Claudia and put a hand up to her mouth. Her eyes traveled back to Alan.

“Okay…” she said very slowly and let out a long breath. "But I need to talk to him quick."
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia had a difficult time feeling the transfer of her between Stephen and Crispin. She had already lost most of the feeling of everything below her waist. Now it was beginning to fade from her torso, too.

She'd lost a lot of blood, hadn't she? She was amazed she was still alive after all this time. She raised her head slightly and looked down. She breathed, in, out. She saw her intestines shift around with her breathing. She lowered her head. She couldn't bear to look anymore.

"W-Water... please."
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
Mikki Swift - "With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bree Jones - "The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them." - Queen Victoria
Serena Waters - "You cannot make a revolution in white gloves." - Vladimir Lenin
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B1: Yoshio Akamatsu - "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
B7: Yoshitoki Kuninobu - "When the sword of rebellion is drawn, the sheath must be thrown away." - John Copley
Location: He took the fall for an enemy in Residential Area (H/I8) - Peace Village: Brother's Blood

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker
S027: Claudia Salgado - "The optimist may fail, but the pessimist already begins failing." - Juscelino Kubitschek

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
P003: Elizabeth Rodney - ”I demolish my bridges behind me... then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
Location: She met up with her beloveds in The Powerhouse - Burning Down the House
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:
Christian Graf von Helder - “I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys!” - Peter Gabriel
Francisco Ordaz Santander - ”I am responsible only to God and history.” - Francisco Franco

INTERMISSIONS:
Sophia Mirowski - "Be strong in the belief that life is wonderful." - Valery Sablin
Lee Iker
Stanley Mirowski - "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SOTF-SUPERS V2:
Kendra Kuchel - ”If we value so highly the dignity of life, how can we not also value the dignity of death? No death may be called futile.” - Yukio Mishima
Nichelle Damen - ”All our knowledge- past, present, and future- is nothing compared to what we will never know.” - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Kazimierz Krzyzewski - ”At dawn it is not just the night that dies, it is man and his becoming, and the warm blood staining the pavement is a word that is just starting.” - Ricardo Mannerini
Raqel Poghosyan
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin glanced back at the car.

"Astrid brought like four bags with her."
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Stephen gave Claudia over to Crispin and then fell down on his butt, taking a few breaths. "Thanks. I think if we, uh, get three people sitting down in the back and then hold her as we drive, we can put pressure on the wound and it'll help." How can you help someone who's guts are hanging out of them? That was a question that Stephen didn't dare answer. Pushing himself up and staggering to the back of the car, he leant against it, taking a few deep breaths. He hadn't broken anything, which was good. She'd need an ambulance, blood, God knows what. But they could get that, they just had to get to somewhere that wasn't a barren hellhole in the desert.

Come to think of it, had anyone checked the car's trunk? Stephen popped it open. There were a couple bags that someone else must have thrown in, but there were a lot more duffel bags. Pulling one out, Stephen unzipped it. "The fuck..." It was full of the cameras dotted around the arena. The speakers, too. "Hey, uh, there's a bunch of those cameras and speakers in here. Like those ones over there." He gestured to a set near the little guard house thing. "They look expensive. I think we could maybe fit someone small in the trunk, though. Just gotta clear space."

Claudia asked for water, so Stephen opened one of the non-camera bags, grabbing a bottle and heading back to her. His arm felt weird. Not broken, but weird. Something to keep an eye on. "Here, I'll just..." Opening the cap, he slowly poured water in her mouth, making sure to not like, waterboard her or something. Crispin mentioned that those were Astrid's bags. "One's probably her dead cousin's." Grumble.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Aite, guess that'll have to do then." Crispin started to carry Claudia to the backseat of the car. He glanced over as Stephen mentioned cameras being in the trunk, and how much they might cost. Stephen wanted to take some with him. Apparently, Astrid did too, otherwise why else did she bring them? "Dawg, I think you should be worried about us getting to the hospital first." He glanced at Claudia, then behind him towards Alan. Astrid looked like shit too, tbh. "No rush or anything."

He waited for Stephen to give Claudia some water, before trying to get in the seat while carrying her.

He heard what Stephen said about Astrid, and you know, maybe he might judge in another life, or like two days ago, but he'd seen enough to know sometimes shit happens Shit like what happened with Gary. Shit you don't ask questions about, including shit like things you weren't there for. Then again he just had a habit of running into dumbasses who wouldn't listen anyways, so who knew. Then again, Astrid could just be a psycho motherfucker and covering it up now she can go home. Crispy weren't there, and Astrid weren't starting shit, so no questions asked. He just shook his head.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

“I’m not saying we like, sell them or something, but we should dump them either way. Put someone in the trunk, or our bags. And I don’t wanna let the furries have more shit, so we break them or something.” He moved to sit in the opposite window seat from Crispin.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Cecilia continued to press herself into the backseat. She'd spent four days in mortal terror, desperate to avoid these people. And now they were all here, all of them milling around the car. It was becoming clearer and clearer that there wasn't going to be enough space for all of them, especially if someone else showed up. And then what? What if a fight broke out? What if they had to order someone out of the car so the rest could live? Ximena didn't seem to care for El Ardillo, but the loud boy wouldn't leave without him, and Ximena didn't want to leave the loud boy. And Stephen wanted to bring the injured girl. The mumbling girl with the black eyes, she had bags and supplies that she was sharing. So what could she do, to justify her place in the car?

She nervously reached forward and tapped Ximena on the shoulder.

"Hay cámaras en la bolsa, ¿sí? Son inalámbricos, así que tienen que estar transmitiendo. Deberíamos deshacernos de ellos. Para que los terroristas no puedan rastrearnos."

After a moment's thought, she pointed at her throat and added, "También... los collares. Debemos eliminarlos. Si uno explota aquí, moriremos."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Astrid crossed her arms, just sitting there quietly.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

“Alright, alright. Thank you. He’s just, uh,” Alan turned around to see Crispin helping Stephen to carry Claudia towards the car, “I’ll go get him.”

Alan lightly jogged over to Crispin and Stephen, slowing down when he got alongside them.

“Yo Crispin, I can take over here. I need you to go talk to Ximena a sec.” Alan began to explain in a lowered voice, not particularly interested in whatever the two had been discussing before his arrival.

“She was a little concerned about bringing you. I cooled that down, but she still wants to talk to you first, alright?” He conconcluded, offering to take Claudia in Crispin’s place, eyeing her current state with a fair bit of concern.
Salic

Post by Salic »

Claudia opened her eyes once more, getting the full view of a pudgy blond man with spiky hair. Alan.

"G-Get me in the c-car... please."

She inhaled. She exhaled. She continued.

"G-Get... everyone.. to stop f-fighting. W-We're almost f-free. Save th-the arguments f-for later."

The effort of saying that weighed down on her heavily. Her abdomen was on fire. But it needed to be said. If they couldn't agree on who to take and who to leave, then they would miss their opportunity to escape.
[+] PRESENT
SECOND CHANCES V3
[+] PAST
BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-U V1:
Relationship Thread
[+] FUTURE
SOTF-TV V4:

INTERMISSIONS:
Lee Iker

SOTF-SUPERS V2:

SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2:
Raqel Poghosyan
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

She scooched over toward the gearshift.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Aite, here she is.”

Crispin had handed Claudia off to Alan, letting him do the rest from here, before his eye tracked up towards Ximena.

Alan said he smoothed things over with her over him, but he had shit feeling he was about to be blindsided. He hated this shit. Always gotta explain shit for people who ain’t gonna hear him out. He already expected the worst. He wandered around the back of the car.

People needed a scapegoat, someone to blame. Why, who else but him? Oh, why’d he kill so many people? Because if I didn’t, they’d have got me and nobody would’ve said shit, bitch, the fuck? Truthful as it were, he had to find a way to say that more nicer, nicely? Less blunt.

He was ready to be told that he was somehow still wrong. That he should’ve let them go or that he deserved what happened or that it should’ve been someone else here or that-

“Suuh… You wanted to tell me something?”

Rip it off like a fucking bandaid.

Return to “The Exterior (Danger Zone)”