Go for Broke

open

Two floors down from the primary deck of the cruise ship, another terrace of deck just out, primarily given over to a massive swimming pool. This pool is full of clean, fresh water, and arrayed around it are a wide range of beach towels, pool chairs, and water toys—the latter including dozens of pool noodles and boogie boards, as well as a pair of inflatable pool toys (one yellow duck and one green alligator), each large enough for a grown adult to ride. Back next to the entrance to the corridors is a small stand that sold ice cream; though it has been emptied of sweet treats it provides better cover than anything else in the immediate vicinity.
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

"Fuck." He had been about to charge at Luanne again, kick her down or knock her over and brain her one last time, when he felt something cold being pressed against his back, and heard Nadine telling him to drop the plank. Well, shit. He should have turned back to Nadine, finished her off before Luanne could do anything else. But thinking about what he could do wasn't going to undo the clusterfuck he was in right now. At least these two couldn't do shit; RJ and Bacchia would have just shot him. Right. How does he get out of here? There's a few options here.

Number one: Drop the plank, and then count on the possibility that Nadine just won't straight up shoot him. Arguably, the most risky and the least risky at the same time, because Nadine wouldn't have a real reason to shoot him, but she was a player, probably thirsty for another kill. From there, he had a lot of opportunities, and the ideal situation ended with Nadine's gun in his hands and two players dead on the floor. The non-ideal situation was him dead on the floor.

Number two: Try and grab the gun, twist it around, and shoot Nadine. Pretty much unworkable, because the second he moved, Nadine would murder him. And then she'd be another player, another Character. That was a bad option. Not that one

Number three: Dodge to the side, avoiding the gun in his back. and pray that he can move fast enough for Nadine to not shoot him before he can get moving. Again, risky, but if he could sort of throw himself to the back-side, he could knock Nadine down, and have a bit of a fighting chance. But that was a but, an if, and that wasn't ideal.

Anthony thought.

After a few moments, the plank dropped to the floor.

"What are you gonna do now, Nadine? Are you gonna be good to your word and let me go, or are you just gonna shoot me in the back like a fucking coward?" This wasn't a good idea. Far from it, if like, a good idea was on one side of the universe, this would be as far away from it as you could get. But it was the only one that made sense. He was Daniel, in the lion's den now, and he had to pray that the Lord found him faultless. At least he could keep an eye on Luanne, who had picked herself up off the ground.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne eventually made it to her feet. She was shaking. And there were tears streaming down her face. Because she was scared. And tired. And sick. And angry. And she hated Anthony. She hated him so much. She couldn't help but hate him for all his attempts at manipulation and victimization and everything he did. She hated hating people. It was a feeling that made her want to vomit. But she hated him.

And it was taking everything she had to keep herself from whipping Pippi's baton into his temple and ending him and stopping him from hurting anyone else. But she'd promised Pippi that she wouldn't kill anyone. And she had to keep her word. Pippi deserved her keeping her word.

She wouldn't stop Nadine if she wanted to shoot him, though.

She stared at Anthony. She just stared. Stabbed him with a piercing gaze. And she said something, because she wanted to say it.

"How fucking dare we not be you?"

She tapped the end of the baton on the frame of the chair standing between her and Anthony.

"If we wanted you dead, you would be dead. Stop finding excuses to hurt people. Find excuses to help. Kick the plank over here. Please."
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Nadine kicked the board Luanne's way. The less options he had available to him, the less likely he was to try something stupid.

"I'm not gonna kill you, Anthony. You'd realize that if you'd actually listened at all. If you didn't want this," she jabbed him with the barrel of the nail gun, "you shouldn't have tried to kill me."

Nadine hadn't really considered the step after this little hold-up. He was bound to realize she didn't have a real gun sooner or later, and once he did she'd lose the leverage she had on him. If the fighting kicked up again, it probably wasn't ending well for anyone. She needed to get him out of here as quickly as possible. Not only was he dangerous, he was stopping her from checking in on Shoshanna and Rhonda. Gunfire still roared from the adjacent room, so whatever was happening in there was far from over.

Perhaps the escape angle could work this time? Not for recruitment; he'd utterly blown any chance of that happening. But just to get her off his bad side.

"I'm not 'playing', or whatever it is you think I'm doing. I'm escaping. Trying to get as many people out of here as possible. So was Marion. So are the people being shot at in the banquet hall."

She wasn't about to give him their names. The last thing she wanted was them ending up on Anthony's kill list purely by association with her.

"They need me right now. And I need them. Everyone who's still alive needs them, really. More than they need someone like you."

"So you need to leave. Now."
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Anthony watched as the board went over to Luanne, settling against the pool chair she had tripped over. Sure, he could just rip another one up if he needed to, but in a weird way, he had grown attached to that little board. It had been one of the few constants he had and while he wasn't like, gonna anthromorphise it or something equally as weird, he wanted it back. He could count on it to defend himself from players and hunt them down, and he couldn't be sure that the other boards would be as good. Maybe they'd be cheap, shitty wood or something.

"I was unaware that the pacifistic option was holding a gun to my back, Nadine. I was also unaware that escaping means that you need to kill people. You're no fucking Zalika, you know that?" Anthony scoffed. More lip service. Lying, lying, lying. The second he turned his back on her again, a bullet would find its way through his back and he'd die on the floor. He wasn't going to do that at all. He needed to think. Obviously, trying to get the gun away from her wasn't gonna work, so maybe he could just play along for now. Obviously, he wasn't going to let her leave the cruise ship alive, lest her little group be alert that someone was seeking to kill the player among them. If it was true that they were trying to escape, then this imposter needed to be killed before she killed both of them and ruined the chance of any escape.

The part about not needing someone like him, though, that pissed him off.

"You don't need me, huh? Who's going to fucking stop Fisk and his merry little band of bastards from slicing you up then, huh? Who's going to fucking stop Seo-yun from going around and murdering you because she's a stuck-up bitch who thinks she should be the queen of the fucking world? It's not going to be you, because you're too fucking concerned with trying to escape! I am a fucking wolf protecting the innocents here from those who would do them harm! Don't act like- like I just fucking woke up and decided that I was gonna kill people! I don't particularly enjoy having to fucking kill friends, but hey, I'm the bad guy, right? Poor players, being killed for being murderers!" Anthony shouted, glaring at Luanne, mainly because he couldn't glare at Luanne.

"I'll go. Fuck you, I'll go. Give me my board back and I'll fuck out of here, Christ!" He wouldn't fuck out of here, of course. He had been struck blind by too many fake friends, paigons who preached virtue and friendliness only to stab him in the back, or stab a friend in the back. She was on his list, and so was Luanne. He would deal with them sooner rather than later. But he couldn't do that if he was shot. He'd take his board back, sneak in when the gunfire had cleared, and break her head in like he did to Pippi. Another player gone, another name scratched off his list. Cunt.

"Give me my board back and I will go." Anthony repeated one more time, just for good measure.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

It took a second for Luanne to process that right now Nadine was stuck here listening to her friends being murdered. But Luanne couldn't think about that right now. Neither her or Nadine could do anything about it until Anthony was dealt with. And worrying about it now would just distract her from being able to deal with Anthony. So she couldn't think about it.

She took a step forward. She did not look at the end of the board that was covered in Pippi's blood. She grabbed it by the other end. Then she took a step back. And she looked at Anthony.

"Wolves kill whatever they think they can get away with. They're predators," she stated.

And, still staring at Anthony, she stepped sideways to the railing and dropped the plank off the side of the cruise ship.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

The situation hadn't exactly cooled, but Anthony agreed to leave. He had plenty of other things to say, but that he was leaving was the only important bit. Nadine didn't trust that he'd actually stay gone for too long, but that was a problem for tomorrow's Nadine. Today's Nadine had bigger things to worry about. He could run off and get himself killed against those "players" he was so keyed up about if he felt like it. That was probably the best conclusion to this she could hope for.

How fucking rotten.

The only demand he made was getting the plank back. The plank that Luanne very helpfully decided to chuck overboard.

Thanks, Luanne.

"Well... I was gonna let you have it," she sighed, certain Anthony wouldn't believe her, "but too late now. Regardless, you still need to go."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"Luanne," Anthony started, before deciding that no, it wasn't going to fucking change anything for the better if he told Luanne that he was going to kill her. In fact, Nadine would probably just end up murdering him, so it was best to just keep his mouth shut and think about killing her instead of telling her that he would kill her. The next plank would be baptised in her fucking brain matter, that's for sure. "Fuck you, you stupid fucking bitch." He eventually decided on that, staring at her. He didn't believe Nadine, no, but he couldn't really trust many people here, could he? Maybe Leah, and that was a maybe. Ben, too, but he wasn't like Leah, he couldn't talk to Ben all day.

"Am I free to fucking go?" Without asking, Anthony began to walk off, heading towards the ice cream cart and towards the corridors. Glancing back, he-

"A fucking nail gun?" Jesus fucking Christ, he had been taken for a fucking ride. In a way, he appreciated the hustle, but still, Jesus fucking Christ. As he passed by Luanne, he was tempted, sorely tempted, to whip out the shiv and cut her jugular, but no. He needed his board back before he did anything.

"I hope it's as fucking painful for you as Pippi." It wasn't productive to murmur this as he walked by Luanne, and yet, he did it anyway. Why shouldn't he wish ill on a player? She could have not played. She simply could have fucked off, let him kill a player, and then everything would be hunky-dory. He hoped all their deaths were painful. Not quick, not painless, but agonisingly slow. Because it was what they deserved. God-sent retribution. And perhaps he wasn't the deliverer of that justice, not for all of them, but if he could get justice for some, no matter how, it was worth it.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"It won't be," Luanne said.

Anthony didn't deserve anything more from her.

...Nadine had totally just tried to throw her under the bus. Like, in a 'here is a reason to kill Luanne and not me' kind of way. Either that or she was absurdly naïve, because like, Anthony had literally just tried to murder her with that board.

"You said the quiet part out loud, Anthony."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

(("Do any of you have a gun?"))

Matias stumbled onto the open-air terrace, his partner in tow. Sunlight had never felt so great before. He stood for a few seconds, chest heaving, eyes wild, body shaking.

"Don't care what the fuck else you have going on here, do any of you guys have a fucking gun?"
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Ashanti Baker continued from the ballroom))

-saw that there were already people there. A teammate, Luanne, and-

Ashanti's throat closed up, boiling rage in her stomach.

Nadine.

The girl who killed Marion.

As Matias screamed for a gun, Ashanti repressed her own urge to scream. Her eyes sharpened to an excrutiating point. Seo-yun wouldn't care about the specifics of her grievances when she was gunning them all down so she needed to keep things current.

So all Ashanti could do was stand there, remembering to breathe, and remembering the bigger picture.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Nadine didn't have time to respond to Anthony's mumbled threats. More kids emerged from the adjacent room, fleeing the bloodbath undoubtedly happening inside. That they were begging for a gun at least meant they weren't the ones shooting up the place. She shook her head, holding up the nail gun so they could see it. Hopefully it conveyed both that she wasn't a threat and that she couldn't do much about the gunfire.

Now that they were here, though, she had some questions of her own.

"The others, did they-" Her voice wavered anxiously. "Are they okay? Who's shooting?"
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Anthony was about to respond to Luanne, call her a murderer apologist or something in that regard, and then two people burst in shouting loudly, and he flipped around, putting some space between him and the new people, shifting himself behind Luanne. Matias Juarez and Ashanti Baker. One on his list, one not. For a second, he wondered if he could spin this thing to his advantage, take out another player, then his eyes made their way to their bandanas. Ah. Well, he had finally met up with some teammates. On the downside, one of them was playing, and the other one - at the least - seemed to be perfectly OK with that. God was certainly throwing more than his fair share of struggles at Anthony today, huh?

They were distracted. Luanne and Nadine. Anthony could use that. But at the same time, there were already fucking players in the next room, and a struggle could bring them over here and as much as he wanted to kill them, it maybe wasn't a good idea to get himself killed. But when was he gonna get this chance again? He certainly wasn't gonna catch them unaware now that he had outed himself as a player hunter. And if he could rip Nadine's gun from her hands or get Luanne's baton away, then he could make it a little harder for them to murder someone else. And he'd have something to hunt them down with.

He was right behind Luanne.

It would be so easy to rip the baton out of her hand. Break her fucking fingers, if she didn't have the common bloody sense to just let go.

Right.

"THEY'RE PLAYING!" Anthony shouted at the top of his lungs, running forwards. His right hand clutched around the extended part of the baton, tugging at it; it was a little awkward, on account of how thin it was, and the general position, while his other hand went towards Luanne's, trying to snake his fingers into hers and break her grip on the weapon. Maybe it was a bit much, but you know what? They didn't give Marion any space. They had given him space, a chance to recoup his losses, and they had fucked up that way. Just for good measure, he kicked ineffectively at her leg. It was awkward and didn't really connect, but it was better than just letting his feet sit there.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

[+] She stared at Matias like this.
And she opened her mouth to say something, but then Anthony shouted something, and then she could feel something snaking into her grip. Wrenching at her fingers. Clumsy and invasive.

"H- AGHCK!"

Something slammed into the back of her shin. The baton slipped out of her grasp. Because she'd thought the fight was over. She'd been taking a moment to breathe. Because despite her better judgement she hadn't been expecting any of this. None of it ever had to happen. Nobody was making anybody do anything.

She let herself fall backwards into Anthony.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"Oh, COME THE FUCK ON. SEO-YUN IS PLAYING, GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES."

He'd had just enough time to recognize that, aside from Ashanti, he was sharing a room with two nobodies and Anthony, who was handling things as well as he'd expected. OK, fine, whatever, but the top killer was in the room behind them shooting up the entire place. He knew that, they knew that, so why the FUCK did no one answer him?

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, WE HAVE TO- for fuck's sake, give me that."

He dropped the crab leg he had in his hand and rushed over to the two, jumping on the pile and grabbing for the baton with his ungloved hand.
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

The baton was in his hands, but Luanne had fallen on top of him and now everything was just kind of a shitshow. Grunting as his back impacted against the hard tile - he didn't bang his head, at least that was something - he pushed at Luanne, trying to worm out from underneath her, when all of a sudden Matias decided 'hey, that looks really fucking fun' and decided to leap on top of them. He saw him coming, saw him drop that fucking staff that he had and run at them. Being on the bottom of the Luanne sandwich, the impact knocked the breath out of him, and this time, his head clanged against the tile.

Even still, Anthony kept his grip of the baton. His head was ringing a little - why was it always him who got fucked up? Luanne and Nadine were fine, yet he had been threatened with a nail gun and kicked in the balls. Fuck's sake, he hated this place.

"LUANNE! LET THE FUCKING-" Wrestling his hand free out of the sandwich it had been caught in, he started to smack it into Luanne's head and breka free until something else grabbed it, trying to rip it out of his hands. It wasn't Luanne.

"MATIAS, FUCK OFF-" Trying to find where Matias' head was in the general clusterfuck, Anthony grabbed his head with the other hand, trying to push him away. The other hand kept tugging at the baton. He couldn't fucking fail. Not now. It never went his fucking way. He had lost his fucking board, he had lost any chance he had of killing these people, what the fuck? There was God giving you hardship to make you stronger once you struggled through them, and then there was God just being an utter arse to you. This seemed more like the latter.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers

Return to “Cruise Ship: Open-Air Pool (Danger Zone)”