I'm not here to make friends

actually i am here to make friends oh my god i'm so sorry i didn't mean that

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Zetsu

I'm not here to make friends

Post by Zetsu »

[+] color code
close friends
friendly
it's complicated
don't like the vibes of that
sworn enemies
romance
henlo everyone, how ya doin'

anyways here we go, descriptions are subject to editing but the broad strokes should be fairly stable

Ren
[+] whomst is this
- Mixed viet/mexican enby with a lot of hyperfixations and vague cryptid energy
- Is Good At School but Bad At Life (messy, sleepy, and balks at the thought of going through the checkout line at the grocery store). Will happily help you with your homework if they don't dislike you, but won't outright do it for you
- They have their head in the clouds, but in a very down-to-earth kind of way, if that even makes sense.
- Generally comes off as calm, measured, and thoughtful in public, if a little too laconic. a hint of deadpan about them. tends to glide under the radar, but quietly authoritative when they do speak
- Until you get them excited about something, that is, then they're LOUD (until they realize they're being loud at which point they shut up and blush bc they're easily flustered)
- Full of feelings but doesn't express them in ways most people know to recognize. Insecure about coming across as cold and can sometimes be overly friendly as a result
- Probably the most emotionally healthy character i've written, though, which says a lot. whoops
- Autistic and proud of it but also nervous about getting bullied for being weird. They tone it down in public, but around friends they'll happily stim, go nonverbal when they feel nonverbal, infodump, etc.
- Excellent bs detector (unless they're the one involved, in which case they can come across as almost deliberately naive), and they'll politely call it out whenever they see it

- Interests: Greco-roman stuff (like, lots and lots of Greco-roman stuff), witchy stuff (they dabble but don't really take it that seriously), making clothes/costumes, weeb stuff, tabletop, poetry
- Appearance: small, wimpy, and kinda cute in a way that triggers people's protective instincts (which they hate unless you're already a close friend). wavy purple hair worn in something between a pixie cut and a sidecut. they dress mildly punk but how much effort goes into the look varies on a day-to-day basis
[+] things to look out for
Friends: They want to be embraced for their weirdness and they'll seek out other weird kids to offer solidarity. if you have a special interest, they want to know about it, even if they don't share it--actually, they've picked up a lot of hyperfixations by trying to get into the things their friends are into. they don't have a lot of friends, but they're fine with that as long as they have some close ones. loyal to a fault. they're used to having to initiate their friendships, which is one of the sources of their insecurity--if you choose to initiate, they're pretty much never going to let you go. also, they're very good at noticing if one of their friends is having a bad time (especially if said bad time involves a toxic relationship), and they'll do their damnedest to help, which they're rather less good at.

Enemies: Mainly looking for people who look down on them or bully them for being a socially awkward misfit, or people who've been toxic to their friends. They have a special hatred for social manipulators, but they tend to compulsively give the benefit of the doubt to people who do/say shitty things to them unless things are explicitly malicious. People who do the same to their friends don't get that benefit, though.

Romance: The distinction between a romantic partner and a really really close friend is kinda fuzzy for Ren, so basically see above. they tend to be quiet about their crushes unless you start flirting with them, and even then they might keep quiet about it--partly because they assume they're misreading the cues they get, and partly because they think people deserve more than they can offer. Panromantic, demisexual.
[+] relations
Cedar Dalisay: I shouldn't, but she's so, just, ugh. I squee.
Amerika: She's so aesthetic, ugh. I'm...happy for her? Yes.
Meena Kumar: "Of course I want to hear more." :3
Kitty Graves: "Heeey~ I'm here for you, if you want."
Hayleigh Lupo: "Yep, that is such a mood."
Adelaide Halili: "I don't know what ska is but I do like it! Because. You! Like it!"
Angelo Lee: "Okay, I know you just wanted a costume, but I couldn't just not invent a culttural history that explains why it looks like this. It's 10 pages? Please read. Um, sorry."
Charlie: Hewwo, friend-shaped friend.
Alec Lewis: "Wait you're performing?? When? Okay hang on you're gonna have to remind me the day of, though. Not just you, I'm really forgetful. Sorry!!"
Lo-Ren-Zo:: Oh, hello again! Guess we can resume the renpocalypse :00000
Tenshi Anastasie Fukushima-Yves: Eek. Guess I'll not say that. If Cedar's cool with her she can't be too bad, right?
Liya Polaris: I'd say 'I'm not mad, just disappointed,' but honestly I'm just sad.
Raf Halili: *clamps down*
Eunice St. Claire: ...well, she sure is a person that exists.
Linda: I shouldn't, I know, but I am really just, so. Fucking. Tired. Of seeing this bitch.
Ash Graves: "Back off. Please."
Emily Sharp: "Please, just, stop doing that. Goddammit. How did we end up here?"

Alice
[+] whomst is this
- Melancholic, stoic, aloof black girl
- Outdoorsy loner type. People are complicated and hard and things get messy when you try to get close to them. If only it could be any other way, because she really does love people, but she'll make do with doing it from afar.
- She'll go out of her way to help people, but she tries not to be noticed when she does so, and will be kinda weird and resentful about it if you find out it was her.
- Polite and friendly when you do talk to her, but generally in a way that makes it clear that we're acquaintances, nothing more.
- She's not distrustful, exactly, in the sense that she doesn't automatically think you're out to screw her over. That said, she's not gonna give you the chance to do so if she can do it. She likes to be as in control of the things she has control over as possible.
- Dutifully attends social gatherings, parties, etc., but doesn't really wanna be there.
- Probably quietly a member of the social justice squad?

Interests: Paleontology, hiking, ecology, caring for animals, cross-country running
Appearance: Athletic in a lean/wiry kind of way, and she moves with a kind of easy, sure-footed grace. Twin braids that end halfway down her back. Her clothes are mostly functional--tank tops, jeans, flannels.
[+] things to watch out for
Friends: I'm looking for a friend group which Alice used to belong to, but splintered and fell apart due to some drama. They probably wouldn't be friends anymore, and they probably awkwardly avoid each other these days rather than outright fighting with each other. These days, though? Hang out with her on hikes, or at the animal shelter. She generally appreciates people who make for quiet company, and who share her enjoyment of a good silence. If you talk to her about personal stuff, she'll listen and support you, but she's kind of hesitant about getting too involved if there's Drama. Treat animals well, appreciate the things she appreciates, and she'll vibe with you no matter what. That's also a good way to get her to be more vulnerable to you. Most of her friendships are one-on-one affairs--she doesn't really do friend groups (or if she is in a friend group, she'll really only be friends with like one person there).

Enemies: Maybe one or two specific people in the old friend group that are on particularly bad terms with Alice? Other than that, don't disrespect nature and stuff. She's quick to correct misconceptions about environmentalism, and people who don't listen to her (whether they be right-wingers or misguided leftists) will greatly irritate her. If she catches you picking on someone, or, worse, trying to ruin other people's friendships, she'll at the very least think about enacting some (fairly mild) karmic justice.

Romance: Alice is Big Gay, but closeted. She's not sure of whether her parents are gonna be accepting, but she doesn't want to take the chance, and she's cynical about relationships anyways. She's fully expecting to die alone, or, at best, maybe start dating in her 40's or something. That said, she is weak for Gorls and can be persuaded to take a chance if you're persistent enough.
[+] relations

Isaiah: A good bean, that one.
Lydia Pulkinen: Soothing like a breeze. Heh.
Mariel Rivera: "Well, well, well, if it isn't the reason I get out of bed in the morning."
Kitty Graves: "Um...shit. Sorry about that."
Hayleigh Lupo: She's good. I like her. So why do I feel like she's gonna murder me any second?
Brook Peterson: Guys like these seem to be dime a dozen these days.
Clara Moore: "No. Don't even bother with that bitch."

Birch
[+] whomst is this
- Chinese clarinet prodigy with huge huge anxiety issues, like. Just absolutely drowning in anxiety, always.
- Has no life due to how much they have to practice. They are painfully aware of this and will occasionally rebelliously skip out on practicing to socialize.
- Has absolutely no chill. Throws themself into everything they do. For someone with so much anxiety, they sure are very reckless. When people let them insert themself into a social circle, reactions tend to be some combination of impressed, nervous, and 'jesus CHRIST dude, you need to stop' as they overdo whatever the Thing is that the social circle revolves around.
- They're closeted at home, but out at school. They bind, but not very safely. They're very jumpy as a result of all the secrecy.
- Because of how busy they are, they're not really properly a part of any of the social scenes. Their status as a prodigy means that they're widely recognized, though, which, combined with their being visibly trans, makes them very very conspicuous everywhere they go.
- (Accurately) known as a high-strung perfectionist. Probably is something of a figure of ridicule around the school for being a total tryhard. They don't even like the clarinet okay they're just doing this to appease their parents why is life so unfaaaaaaaaaaair

Interests: clarinet (natch), punk rock
Appearance: Tall and skinny. Their hair is short and spiky, sticking up in all directions (sometimes, but not always, with the aid of hair gel). They use wire-frame glasses sometimes (though sometimes they'll go for contacts). They either wear sweatshirt/jeans or semiformal dress shirts/pants/suits, nothing in between.
Friends: Birch is desperate for friends. Really, really desperate, in a way that comes off as overwhelming, pathetic, and obsessive. If Ren can be kinda clingy sometimes, then Birch has the vise-like grip of a determined and very hungry crocodile. They'll do all sorts of things they shouldn't do in the name of getting people to like them, whether that means drinking recklessly, doing someone else's dirty work, or putting up with toxic behavior. Overall, they're easy to take advantage of--even if they know you don't really care about them, they'll still do whatever you ask.

Enemies: Birch is an easy target to make fun of, so I imagine there are plenty of people around who have ridiculed them. Birch will be hostile towards anyone their friends don't like, even if the justification is flimsy. Doing something to play on their anxiety is also a good way to get to them and make them freak out at you--handling their clarinet without their permission, threatening their position as 1st chair, threatening to out them to their parents, etc. In that vein, maybe some music rivals would be in order?

Romance: I'd really like a string of disastrous romances. Just a slew of fuck-ups as Birch constantly rushes into a new relationship, desperate for validation and support and for this to be the one, This Time, This One Will Be The One, they convince themself over and over. They just get strong feelings very very easily but they're way too intense for most people to date. Truly a disaster bi.
[+] relations
Iris Waite: She's stalking. Me? I'm actually worth stalking???
Eunice St. Claire: "Oh I'm so sorry I thought that--oh, thank god."
Liya Polaris: "Fuck yeah! Fuck yeah!!! Oh fuck--"
Lo-Ren-Zo: oh hey there you are thank god there's more than one of us please talk to me I'm dying
Alec Lewis: "Calm down? Calm down??? Who the fuck are you telling to--no, you're right, I really--"
Tenshi Anastasie Fukushima-Yves: "Yeah, well. I wish I were you."
Teddie Boyd: "Watch me try. Bet you wouldn't."
Brook Peterson: "No, you shut up!"
Clara Moore: "Were you the one who was. You know. You goddamn know. Well? Were you?!"
Indie Howe: Goddammit, he knows exactly what he's doing. But I'll dance along.
Callie Zhou: I'm...weak. I dunno. Why does she even bother with me?
Eden
[+] whomst is this
- White angry overly-dramatic nihilistic emo twink cheerleader. I blame chat for this
- Hates everyone, including himself. Humans are garbage and we all deserve what's coming to us, etc. Kinda wants to be proven wrong on this point, but has more or less given up on that
- Sort of a hedonism bot. He's here for a good time, not a long time. There's a part of him that'll be disappointed if he doesn't burn out and die before hittting 50 (lucky him, then)
- Very very White Cis Gay vibes. Thinks that all these queers are appropriating gay culture and stripping it of its meaning or something ugh mogai are cringey amirite
- Probably kinda disdainful of politics because We're All Fucked anyways so what's the goddamn point
- Started doing cheerleading to be ironic, but actually ended up enjoying it
- Just edgy and over-the-top and full of hot takes in general
- A bit more subject to change than my other kids
Interests: theater and dance, cheerleading, maybe film club?
Appearance: Punk-trending gothy twink with longish white hair. Likes graphic t-shirts feat. bands he hasn't actually listened to, chains, and monochrome stuff. Probably has a few piercings.
Friends: I'd like one or two ray-of-sunshine friends who challenge Eden's views regularly. He probably thinks they're silly and naive or misguided or whatever but he can't help but appreciate it. Other than that, people who buy into his edgelord tendencies and are on the same page as him, there. Eden doesn't really value friendship and there are very few people who he genuinely thinks highly of so most of his friendships are gonna be shallow and kinda based in convenience: you don't mean anything to me, but you're good fun to be around, etc.

Enemies: People who think he's obnoxious or unbearable in general, or who Eden has been needlessly mean-spirited towarrds, probably make up the bulk of his enemies. Eden likes to stir up shit for no reason other than his own amusement, so there's almost certainly going to be people who were on the wrong end of that.

Romance: Maybe some hookups? Eden is probably too terrible of a partner to make a good long-term boyfriend, and he has no interest in changing that. If a nihilistic asshole who uses his nihilism to justify his assholery sounds appealing to your character, then Eden mightt be the guy for you.
[+] relations
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie:
- Probably has a passing acquaintanceship with Ren. Might be a bit too calm and quiet to hold Teddie’s interest.
- Again probably just acquaintances with Alice.
- Teddie is pretty full on but even he might tell Birch to chill the heck out. Or he might get sucked into their social overdoing it, either or.

Spuds:
- May have her protective instincts triggered by Ren.
- Civil with Alice but not a lot of reason to try to talk to her much.
- Would steer clear of Birch cause Spuds don’t need that much anxiety going on. Would also probably tell them to chill out.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Ren
Eunice: Eunice is rude and mean to everyone in general, so they probably wouldn't like each other all that much if they end up interacting.
Alec: Alec isn't be one to usually initiate, but he'll be pretty receptive to Ren despite not sharing interest. Probably will try to get into what Ren is into as much as they will to his interests.

Alice
Alec: Alec will consider her a pleasant acquaintance, if nothing else. Probably talks a bit when they meet at parties.

Birch
Eunice: She's probably like ugh, prodigies at first, but is also very clingy and desperate for a friend, even if not to the same extent as Birch. Would snap at them at times, but will possessively keep them as a friend because she likes it when someone makes the effort for her.
Alec: Alec would try his best to calm them down, all the while having a moment because wow, and he thought he was a perfectionist and falls in love too fast.
Ara: Very Concerned for them, but can't help but distance themselves from All That.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Ren: "Weirdo."

Brook's probably going to try to keep his distance from her because of her autism and mannerisms, but he won't go out of his way to bully her either. Maybe slightly antagonistic on his part, but depending on how obvious he avoids her, she might feel differently?

Alice: "What's her problem? I just said thanks for finding my pencil case..."

Alice and Brook might've hung out with each other a few times, get along in regards to animals, but I don't really see them being any more than friendly acquaintances on Brook's side. While he likely won't know about her being gay, I can see some tension between them due to his tendency to hold grudges and ignore people he's on bad terms with.

Is it implied that she leans to the left politically in general? If so, then I can see them arguing about environmentalism at least, with Brook being the 'agree to disagree' type of person there.

Birch: "I don't care! Just calm the fuck down and leave us alone already!"

Despite Brook respecting Birch as a prodigy with the clarinet, Brook's going to be a tad freaked out at their anxiety and tell them to calm down, and it will probably escalate to him outright telling Birch to piss off if they're really persistent about it. Since Birch is trans and using they/them pronouns, I don't see the two of them getting along in general due to Brook being against the LGBTQ+ community and him not caring in the slightest about pronouns.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

dootdoot
[+] Slam
The main thing is that Alice and Spuds might be closer? Alice is something of a green thumb herself, and while her interests aren't quite the same as Spud's, they're close enough for her to have a pretty in-depth conversation with Spuds about farming practices and the like. Also, they're both good-hearted gals who aren't much for coddling others. Also also, muscular sleeveless girls is :eyes: for Alice. Apart from that, I like what you have. If Teddie gets sucked into Birch's tendencies, they'll be encouraged to overdo it Even More.
[+] Leslie
Sounds good! I should clarify that what Ren has a problem with is specifically mistreating your friends in a way that suggests that you think they're disposable, so being snappish and mean isn't going to endear Eunice to Ren but they're not gonna strongly hate her for it either. If they hate her for anything, it'd probably be for being gossipy and petty. Ren would vibe with Alec a lot, but his passive-aggressive moods are gonna upset them quite a bit if they see them.
[+] Super Weegee
Misgendering Ren/Birch IC is okay, but please use they/them pronouns for both of them OOC! Anyways, this looks good. Ren would probably be happy to avoid Brook if he's mildly antagonistic, tbh, so in all likelihood the situation would involve mutual avoidance. Alice is quietly leftist, but tends to be noisier abou environmental stuff--depending on how well-known Brook's political inclinations are, she might heavily dislike him for those.
Super Weegee

Post by Super Weegee »

Zetsu wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 am Misgendering Ren/Birch IC is okay, but please use they/them pronouns for both of them OOC! Anyways, this looks good. Ren would probably be happy to avoid Brook if he's mildly antagonistic, tbh, so in all likelihood the situation would involve mutual avoidance. Alice is quietly leftist, but tends to be noisier abou environmental stuff--depending on how well-known Brook's political inclinations are, she might heavily dislike him for those.
Whoops. Edited my post to fix it.

In regards to Alice, Brook is generally open about his political views, so they're not going to like each other in that case.
V8 Relationships Thread
Brook Peterson
Lula Gray
[+] V7
V7 Appearance Tracker
ImageMatthew Hunt drawn by Ryuki and Kotorikun - Profile
Memories: 1 2
Pregame: 1 2 3 4
Trip: 1 2
V7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Image Blake Davis - Profile - "...You knew..."
Memories: 1
Prom: 1
V7: 1 2 3 4
Any thoughts or criticisms on my writing are welcome and appreciated! Feel free to message me on Discord.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Ren: Oh No a second ren for the renpocalypse??? Lorenzo/Ren is into some niches (competitive axe throwing, niche music genres, and a lot of fantasy worldbuilding knowledge) but they're also kinda popular, but they also like to initiate friendships with everybody so maybe they talked about their odder hobbies and once in a while! I'd see Lorenzo actively seeking out nonbinary/trans students, too, since they only came out recently (to some backlash.) I have two weird girls, too, but they're more unapproachable so I dunno how Ren's gonna react. Gabrielle's a true crime enthusiast with a bit of a snarky side to her but will let her guard down once given some Affection and is also pretty problematic online- I'm not sure if Ren's willing to break her shell to get to know her niche hobbies (trivia, ancient and military history which includes a lot of greeco-roman stuff, true crime.) Like, Gabrielle used to be a bit of a femcel (mostly online tho) and even though her beliefs werent notably that problematic, she was definately using a lot of edgy/offensive humor online, and even though she's starting to change a bit its up to Ren to decide whether or not shes worth the trouble. Another is Erika/Amerika, who's got a bit of a tarnished reputation for once participating in her father's slightly infamous conspiracy/very conservative podcast but now has publically denounced it. Erika's a little quiet but geberally tries to be polite (if not ending up a little awkward) and she's into taxidermy and is kinda known for being just a little weird and creepy. And also sells animal bones and teeth amd fur and other stuff like that, so if Ren's occult hobbies needs a bone or two, she's their gal!

Alice: Isaiah's probably volunteered in animal shelters (grew up on a farm and loves animals) before and enjoys hiking and camping. He's also an environmental activist (: and really into social justice, esp lgbtq and also a lil hint of socialism. So they have a lot in common. Maybe they hike together, or he might even bring her to the farm and they pet cows or something idk

Birch: Bringing back Lo-Ren-zo asking around non-binary students to figure their own identity out, I'd see them having soliditary as non-binary peeps whos not really out to their parents yet (tho in lorenzos cas its a lot more complicated) and they also both do music (clarinet and choir.) I don't think clingeyness would help their potential friendship, though- when it comes to interpersonal relationships, they could be a little loose and spread-out and doesn't stick around that much for how many friends they have, so that complicates things- but they're genuinely super nice and helpful at the same time. Also I thought that them being exes could be cool but then I realized I forgot lorenzos a sex repulsed ace whoops! unless you'd like some unrequieted crush thing idk man.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

How are your concepts always like above and beyond reality tho
[+] I Respond
Callie + Alice: Callie ticks every checkbox on Alice's :/ list, what with picking petty fights and stirring the pot whilst being a libertarian. That said, there's very little reason for Alice to ever see that side of Callie...unless Callie got a crush on my rock girl? Alice would rebuff any flirtations (Alice is totally straight, she swears), but drama could ensue if Callie persisted and got toxic in doing so. Might make sense as part of the reason for why Alice is bitter about intimacy, these days.
I really really like the idea quite a bit, but. Callie doesn't actually flirt openly I think. She likes to passively linger around someone she's interested in and simp for their attention/try to get them into her games of contrarian bullshit but she won't actually ever say 'oh hey, I like you'. She's functionally as closeted as Alice but for different reasons. So I can't see this one through all the way, and there's still the matter of actually establishing a proper reason for them to have connected in the first place, shrug. I'd say this probably won't really work as envisioned.
Callie + Birch: They don't really move in the same social circles, which is a shame, because they could be a glorious trainwreck. Let me know if you have thots on how to make that happen!
Callie might maybe naturally gravitate to a prodigy (and also feel a little more comfortable with someone who speaks Mandarin, if Birch can). Someone with a lot of ego wanting to feel important by associating with someone who is above and beyond the ordinary. Callie has the outward veneer of politeness but she's a bit too self-centered to be a good friend, really. She will probably just passively encourage Birch's worst habits while smothering them with attention and preaching libertarian, conspiracist, anti-SOTF gospels at her. I cannot imagine that goes over well at all, with Birch's desperation probably making them pretty impressionable? Would possibly be a pretty big deal for Birch's beliefs which we might need to like, discuss in depth (what Callie says, how Birch takes it, if Birch ends up in the anti-SOTF brigade?? And, to be fair, Callie also speaks in tongues and contradicts herself like all the time so it might just be that Birch can't follow Callie at all and gets stuck understanding only some weird mutilated aesthetic version of Callie's beliefs).

Now this can get really damn gross and terrible if Callie also develops a crush, and this is me spitballing something that you can and probably should opt out of. Callie won't really understand or get Birch's gender identity, or just see it as some other plaything for her to mess with for her own amusement, so... picking at and gaslighting Birch's gender ID at them might be a thing. Like you said, very high trainwreck potential. But it can easily go places that would be awful for both of us OOCly so we probably should not push it.
Cedar + Ren: This one could be interesting! Ren could definitely trigger Cedar's motherly instincts, and how they feel about it is probably fairly dependent on how patronizing Cedar comes across as. Ren likes support but they don't need to be 'fixed' for their autism, and things would be awkward if Cedar tried to do that. They're both nerds, though Ren is a nerd mostly because that's the kind of social group where they fit in, rather than because their interests are naturally the stereotypically nerdy kind. They're happy to pick up whatever their friends want to show them, though! Ren might've had an unrequited crush on Cedar at one point assuming Cedar managed to avoid patronizing them.
Cedar doesn't do patronization, while she can fail being a friend in some ways (in her own mind, anyways) she's very hyperaware of being mindful of neurodiversity. Cedar will almost definitely be a friend Ren can be comfortable around in full. By design Cedar absorbs and plays off people hyperfocusing and ranting about things very well, so. They're mutual weebs, and Cedar would probably absorb some of those Greco-roman aesthetics into her art which I'm sure would make Ren super ultra happy. Cedar is also, outwardly at least, very well put together, or at least she often doesn't unload her issues onto friends, so I'm wondering if Ren might feel things are a bit one sided at times. And I like the idea of a former crush that Ren never expresses (or even figures out that she wants to express given that they're so close).

Cedar and Birch knowing each other is also a good possibility if Birch is trying to cling to someone like Tenshi. Cedar can certainly handle Birch better than Callie, anyways. Cedar will get pretty quickly that for Birch's health its probably best to not give them too much to latch onto, I guess? Perhaps she tries to use her 'I'm more interested in you than you are in me' style of socializing to give Birch room to express themselves instead of diving headlong into Cedar's interests.
Ash + Ren: Remind me to get back to you on this once I figure out how Ren gets along with Kitty.
As you said, Ren knows what's up. I'm assuming Ren might be one of Kitty's vents whenever Ash starts to lapse back into her old abusive ways, which while rare are likely still frequent enough to earn regularly remind Ren that Ash is a piece of shit. And even when Ash is trying to be good she still mishandles Kitty anyways so no points won. Now I'm not sure they actually orbit in the same circles so Ren might not get a chance to ever feel the need to confront Ash. If that ever did happen Ash would be out-of-character flustered, extremely defensive and refuse to take responsibility, but it probably won't happen?
Salem + Ren: Ren does not trust this boy. They're not hostile, but treating friendship casually will raise their eyebrows.
Salem + Birch: mayhaps they've helped him crash a party once? It's the kind of 'I'm cool and I do dangerous things with people that's how you make friends' thing that they'd do.
Both these things make sense to me, nothing much to add. Ren doesn't have Liya's intellectual veneer as far as I can tell so Salem probably won't be interested much in her except for the obligatory not-so-serious hitting on which probably just further earns her displeasure. As for Salem and Birch that sounds like something he'd play along with. He's a bit too much of a drifter/too busy to stay in their orbit long though, I imagine. He plays along for a bit then vanishes when needed most, like a true lib.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Alice: Kaede might actually be in Alice's good graces. She's quiet (social anxiety), and she loves animals
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

sorry about the delay i have been Tired
[+] Yona
[+] quote
Yonagoda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:03 am Ren: Oh No a second ren for the renpocalypse??? Lorenzo/Ren is into some niches (competitive axe throwing, niche music genres, and a lot of fantasy worldbuilding knowledge) but they're also kinda popular, but they also like to initiate friendships with everybody so maybe they talked about their odder hobbies and once in a while! I'd see Lorenzo actively seeking out nonbinary/trans students, too, since they only came out recently (to some backlash.) I have two weird girls, too, but they're more unapproachable so I dunno how Ren's gonna react. Gabrielle's a true crime enthusiast with a bit of a snarky side to her but will let her guard down once given some Affection and is also pretty problematic online- I'm not sure if Ren's willing to break her shell to get to know her niche hobbies (trivia, ancient and military history which includes a lot of greeco-roman stuff, true crime.) Like, Gabrielle used to be a bit of a femcel (mostly online tho) and even though her beliefs werent notably that problematic, she was definately using a lot of edgy/offensive humor online, and even though she's starting to change a bit its up to Ren to decide whether or not shes worth the trouble. Another is Erika/Amerika, who's got a bit of a tarnished reputation for once participating in her father's slightly infamous conspiracy/very conservative podcast but now has publically denounced it. Erika's a little quiet but geberally tries to be polite (if not ending up a little awkward) and she's into taxidermy and is kinda known for being just a little weird and creepy. And also sells animal bones and teeth amd fur and other stuff like that, so if Ren's occult hobbies needs a bone or two, she's their gal!

Alice: Isaiah's probably volunteered in animal shelters (grew up on a farm and loves animals) before and enjoys hiking and camping. He's also an environmental activist (: and really into social justice, esp lgbtq and also a lil hint of socialism. So they have a lot in common. Maybe they hike together, or he might even bring her to the farm and they pet cows or something idk

Birch: Bringing back Lo-Ren-zo asking around non-binary students to figure their own identity out, I'd see them having soliditary as non-binary peeps whos not really out to their parents yet (tho in lorenzos cas its a lot more complicated) and they also both do music (clarinet and choir.) I don't think clingeyness would help their potential friendship, though- when it comes to interpersonal relationships, they could be a little loose and spread-out and doesn't stick around that much for how many friends they have, so that complicates things- but they're genuinely super nice and helpful at the same time. Also I thought that them being exes could be cool but then I realized I forgot lorenzos a sex repulsed ace whoops! unless you'd like some unrequieted crush thing idk man.
r e n p o c al y p s e

This sounds good!! Social butterflies tend to make my Ren a little bit uneasy due to their issues around attachment/loyalty, but they have enough things in common that they're likely to push those feelings aside and be like 'eh, they're friend-shaped, I'm probably just being insecure and making a big deal out of nothing.' It'll stick in their head anyways but it's not something they'd ever say anything about. For Gabrielle, Ren is generally fine with snark, edge, irony, etc., too many of their clothes come from hot topic for them to feel like they have high ground there. Just as long as there's care behind all that. The main problem there is that Gabrielle is unlikely to even show up on Ren's radar unless she starts talking about history stuff around Ren and activate their shared hyperfixation mode. Ren would be cool with Erika, might've bought a bone here and there. Of your kids, she might be the one Ren actually ends up closest to? Alice and Isaiah are good, hiking together and petting cows is Alice's ideal friendship dynamic. Birch is v v clingy but they're also super distracted and busy all the time with practicing, they're very intense and demanding when you're around them but they're not the kind to be distressed if you're not spending all your time with them. I'm not sure on whether Birch has an unrequited crush, but it's not unlikely for sure, they fall in love very easily.
[+] cicada
[+] quote
Cicada wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:09 pm
How are your concepts always like above and beyond reality tho
Callie + Alice: Callie ticks every checkbox on Alice's :/ list, what with picking petty fights and stirring the pot whilst being a libertarian. That said, there's very little reason for Alice to ever see that side of Callie...unless Callie got a crush on my rock girl? Alice would rebuff any flirtations (Alice is totally straight, she swears), but drama could ensue if Callie persisted and got toxic in doing so. Might make sense as part of the reason for why Alice is bitter about intimacy, these days.
I really really like the idea quite a bit, but. Callie doesn't actually flirt openly I think. She likes to passively linger around someone she's interested in and simp for their attention/try to get them into her games of contrarian bullshit but she won't actually ever say 'oh hey, I like you'. She's functionally as closeted as Alice but for different reasons. So I can't see this one through all the way, and there's still the matter of actually establishing a proper reason for them to have connected in the first place, shrug. I'd say this probably won't really work as envisioned.
Callie + Birch: They don't really move in the same social circles, which is a shame, because they could be a glorious trainwreck. Let me know if you have thots on how to make that happen!
Callie might maybe naturally gravitate to a prodigy (and also feel a little more comfortable with someone who speaks Mandarin, if Birch can). Someone with a lot of ego wanting to feel important by associating with someone who is above and beyond the ordinary. Callie has the outward veneer of politeness but she's a bit too self-centered to be a good friend, really. She will probably just passively encourage Birch's worst habits while smothering them with attention and preaching libertarian, conspiracist, anti-SOTF gospels at her. I cannot imagine that goes over well at all, with Birch's desperation probably making them pretty impressionable? Would possibly be a pretty big deal for Birch's beliefs which we might need to like, discuss in depth (what Callie says, how Birch takes it, if Birch ends up in the anti-SOTF brigade?? And, to be fair, Callie also speaks in tongues and contradicts herself like all the time so it might just be that Birch can't follow Callie at all and gets stuck understanding only some weird mutilated aesthetic version of Callie's beliefs).

Now this can get really damn gross and terrible if Callie also develops a crush, and this is me spitballing something that you can and probably should opt out of. Callie won't really understand or get Birch's gender identity, or just see it as some other plaything for her to mess with for her own amusement, so... picking at and gaslighting Birch's gender ID at them might be a thing. Like you said, very high trainwreck potential. But it can easily go places that would be awful for both of us OOCly so we probably should not push it.
Cedar + Ren: This one could be interesting! Ren could definitely trigger Cedar's motherly instincts, and how they feel about it is probably fairly dependent on how patronizing Cedar comes across as. Ren likes support but they don't need to be 'fixed' for their autism, and things would be awkward if Cedar tried to do that. They're both nerds, though Ren is a nerd mostly because that's the kind of social group where they fit in, rather than because their interests are naturally the stereotypically nerdy kind. They're happy to pick up whatever their friends want to show them, though! Ren might've had an unrequited crush on Cedar at one point assuming Cedar managed to avoid patronizing them.
Cedar doesn't do patronization, while she can fail being a friend in some ways (in her own mind, anyways) she's very hyperaware of being mindful of neurodiversity. Cedar will almost definitely be a friend Ren can be comfortable around in full. By design Cedar absorbs and plays off people hyperfocusing and ranting about things very well, so. They're mutual weebs, and Cedar would probably absorb some of those Greco-roman aesthetics into her art which I'm sure would make Ren super ultra happy. Cedar is also, outwardly at least, very well put together, or at least she often doesn't unload her issues onto friends, so I'm wondering if Ren might feel things are a bit one sided at times. And I like the idea of a former crush that Ren never expresses (or even figures out that she wants to express given that they're so close).

Cedar and Birch knowing each other is also a good possibility if Birch is trying to cling to someone like Tenshi. Cedar can certainly handle Birch better than Callie, anyways. Cedar will get pretty quickly that for Birch's health its probably best to not give them too much to latch onto, I guess? Perhaps she tries to use her 'I'm more interested in you than you are in me' style of socializing to give Birch room to express themselves instead of diving headlong into Cedar's interests.
Ash + Ren: Remind me to get back to you on this once I figure out how Ren gets along with Kitty.
As you said, Ren knows what's up. I'm assuming Ren might be one of Kitty's vents whenever Ash starts to lapse back into her old abusive ways, which while rare are likely still frequent enough to earn regularly remind Ren that Ash is a piece of shit. And even when Ash is trying to be good she still mishandles Kitty anyways so no points won. Now I'm not sure they actually orbit in the same circles so Ren might not get a chance to ever feel the need to confront Ash. If that ever did happen Ash would be out-of-character flustered, extremely defensive and refuse to take responsibility, but it probably won't happen?
Salem + Ren: Ren does not trust this boy. They're not hostile, but treating friendship casually will raise their eyebrows.
Salem + Birch: mayhaps they've helped him crash a party once? It's the kind of 'I'm cool and I do dangerous things with people that's how you make friends' thing that they'd do.
Both these things make sense to me, nothing much to add. Ren doesn't have Liya's intellectual veneer as far as I can tell so Salem probably won't be interested much in her except for the obligatory not-so-serious hitting on which probably just further earns her displeasure. As for Salem and Birch that sounds like something he'd play along with. He's a bit too much of a drifter/too busy to stay in their orbit long though, I imagine. He plays along for a bit then vanishes when needed most, like a true lib.
sounds fake :0

anyways so we're still talking things over obvs but im gonna go ahead and put things down in this thread for the record :0 Callie can definitely mess with Birch by pretending that her positions are 'what you'd believe if you're a real leftist' and framing things as honest convos. Birch would be inclined to take it all in good faith and probably doubt themself. also would defo cling to Callie if she gives them attention, which it sounds like she will if she's in a simping mood? And yes, they can speak mandarin. Still down for a complicated messy romance if you want to, you know i'm always here for a trainwreck. For Ren, something else that occurred to me is that Cedar's probably one of the main points of connection that get Ren into being honorary pinoy platoon. Ren has issues around feeling like friendships are one-sided and/or they're taking more than they're giving which is a similar but not quite same mood to why they don't like to be patronized, and they're hyper-sensitive to those feelings so they would definitely be thinking about that. Probably won't bring it up explicitly, but will make them self-conscious and maybe cause them to ask Cedar to talk more about herself. Also, Ren would blush furiously if Cedar started incorporating some of Ren's interests into her art, so, uh, yeah. For Ash, Ren doesn't usually move in the same circles as Ash but if Ash ever approaches Kitty while Ren is around that'd be cause for things to get very tense. Ren won't pick a fight necessarily, since Kitty doesn't want the fuss, but they'd be uncharacteristically venomous and hostile.
[+] decoy73
[+] quote
Alice: Kaede might actually be in Alice's good graces. She's quiet (social anxiety), and she loves animals
sure, that works.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

I can see Alice and Jessica being friends as both are very outdoorsy and into ecology.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Dr Adjective

Post by Dr Adjective »

More ideas about ideas!

Ren
Ren makes me sad, because they'd probably get on so well with Evie but I'm struggling to find something to intially bond over! Evie's a big sweetheart and loves cool stories and so would absolutely be down to hear Ren infodump about some obscure subject that sounds neat, and her cool big sister energy (I should definitely give Evie a younger sibling) seems a good foil for Ren's smol-ness. I dunno, but I feel like if there could be something there it'd be really neat!
As usual, Beth nothing-s them. And they probably despise her anyway.

Alice
Animal shelter? Animal shelter! Evie loves every animal and would absolutely have crossed Alice's path in this way, but she might be a bit too bubbly for her... that said, maybe there's chemistry to smooth that over a little, plus, well, Evie really does mean well and would happily tone herself down a bit for the sake of comfort.
And hey look somebody else Beth has no positive feelings about, she's such a nice person isn't she?

Birch
...I dunno I don't really have anything here but it felt rude not to include them in the list.
I made some terrible children, please befriend them.
Evie "Otter Mode" McKown will protect every animal. They are all friend.
Bethany Lyon is going to join the Daughters of the American Revolution when she's old enough.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i live!!
[+] Deamon
[+] quote
Deamon wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:31 pm I can see Alice and Jessica being friends as both are very outdoorsy and into ecology.
Alice and Jessica would get along very easily, I think! They share hobbies, and they're both quiet unless talking about shared interests. That said, Alice would probably be kinda unsettled and uncomfortable about Jessica's feud with Mallory, since she is very avoidant of drama in general.

For your other kids, Eden and Aracelis probably know each other through cheerleading. He'd probably partake of the weed and raving as well, and he appreciates her occasional spot of bitchiness. He's also abrasive and spiteful and pessimistic though so she might hate him for that. Darryl and Eden also probably have some sort of dynamic since they're both in theater, I can see it ending up anywhere from partners in crime to mutually trolling each other. Roberta and Ren will know each other through tabletop, and probably get along pretty well.
[+] Dr Adjective
[+] quote
Dr Adjective wrote:Ren
Ren makes me sad, because they'd probably get on so well with Evie but I'm struggling to find something to intially bond over! Evie's a big sweetheart and loves cool stories and so would absolutely be down to hear Ren infodump about some obscure subject that sounds neat, and her cool big sister energy (I should definitely give Evie a younger sibling) seems a good foil for Ren's smol-ness. I dunno, but I feel like if there could be something there it'd be really neat!
As usual, Beth nothing-s them. And they probably despise her anyway.

Alice
Animal shelter? Animal shelter! Evie loves every animal and would absolutely have crossed Alice's path in this way, but she might be a bit too bubbly for her... that said, maybe there's chemistry to smooth that over a little, plus, well, Evie really does mean well and would happily tone herself down a bit for the sake of comfort.
And hey look somebody else Beth has no positive feelings about, she's such a nice person isn't she?

Birch
...I dunno I don't really have anything here but it felt rude not to include them in the list.
Alice and Evie would probably get along quite well, yeah. If Evie tones herself down then Alice won't mind the bubbliness either, it's mainly when you try to talk to her when she obviously doesn't feel like talking about anything that irritates her. If Evie's pushy about being a vegan then that'd be a rift between them--Alice is vegetarian, not gonna go vegan, and wouldn't like the proselytizing.

And yeah, Evie and Ren could get along very well if they knew each other (though there is the caveat that they're wary of being infantilized by self-appointed momfriends and big sister friends) but tbh they're very withdrawn and tend to go under the radar when they're not around people they're already close to.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

oh i should also say: i have a new kid!! check him out! be friends with him! or don't, because he actually isn't here to make friends

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”