Say it with Firecrackers!

(PM if you want to join)

A large, old warehouse found between the mess hall and the parish. The corners are covered with cobwebs, and there are a few cracks in the floor showing its age. Mostly emptied of the ores it once held, the warehouse does still contain a table, chairs, assorted empty boxes, nets, and a number of corroded tools.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett realized that something was definitely wrong with this scene. Aaron was definitely lying his butt off to her to protect whoever else was in there. He had been quiet for too long. This was screaming 'Trap!' to her repeatedly in her head. She wanted to walk away from this but it seemed that Michael and Everett were going to stay where they were. So she couldn't leave on her own.

Her hand instantly gripped around her icepick more and she raised it a bit out of caution. What if Aaron came barging out of the door with a gun at the ready? She hadn't even thought of that for even a moment. What if he was planning on tricking them into a false sense of security? She couldn't allow that to happen.

Scarlett bit down on her lower lip out of nervousness. "Guys, what should we do now?" She whispered to them quietly. "I don't trust Aaron and I'm afraid that he might attack us. So what should we do?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Michael started flapping his lips or something. Michael? Michael what? Oh, was he like, talking real quiet? Whatever he was doing, he was moving towards Everett.

Oh, so, Michael was whispering and "Aaron" was lying. He wasn't alone in there after all. Fucking hell. Well, on the bright side, Everett now had Michael's blessing to shoot "Aaron" or whoever else was in there if they attacked. Wow, thanks Michael. Everett was just gonna let some murderers make his insides his outsides, but now that you say it's okay, we're all fucking hunky-dory.

Shit, he was getting distracted. Being killed while engaging in a mental snarkfest would be unenjoyable, to say the least.

"Aaron" spent his sweet time answering what should've been a really goddamned simple question. "Aaron" was a fucking murderer. There was no any other way about it. He had to be a murderer.

Scarlett asked what they should do. Okay, either they stayed and killed/got killed by people, or they left and did not do either of those two things. In Everett's mind, the answer was obvious.

"We should just leave. We need to get the fuck away from here, go somewhere we won't get killed"

He still had five bullets, right? He was dreading the possibility of firing his gun again.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

They were stuck in a rock and a hard place now. They caught on, and now Michael was pretty sure Aaron and whoever the fuck else is in there caught on to them catching on to their lie.

Everyone wanted to go, yeah, that much was obvious, but then what would've been inside the warehouse? What if someone they knew WAS in there, and they were now nothing more than a cold cadaver? What if there were multiple bodies in there already? Sure, there was the whole innocent until proven guilty, but people got arrested for reasons. Suspicions, and right now Michael was pretty suspicious of Aaron and his intents.

Michael had to know, that was all there is to it. Then if Aaron was a killer, Michael had to stop his ass like Blaine, he didn't have to kill him, just stop him. If he were innocent, then they could have a big ol' laugh about it, follow up with a 'sorry for bothering you' then leave.

"Alright guys, we're outta here."

He said it loud enough so the people inside could hear him, so they could catch their breath. He wanted Aaron to let his guard down before Mike drops the bomb on him like he was Hans Landa, y'know only not a nazi 'n shit.

Michael looked back to the group one last time, before turning back and knocking on the door.

"Hey Aaron, before we leave, I just gotta ask you one more question..."

"Why in the fucking missionary positioned fuck are you lying to me?"
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

Nope. Nope. This was going bad, it was going bad really quickly, for no reason, and the only way to salvage it was to get out of dodge right here, right now.

"Ignore him!" Sebastien hissed to Aaron, unsure if he could even be heard between the distance and the conversation outside now. He picked up the pace as Kitty urged him to do so and voila, there was the door.

The only problem now was that it appeared to be jammed shut thanks to the warping of the metal.

This is going to be loud.

Whatever. Speed over stealth now. Sebastien got his fingers around the edge of the door as well as he could and pulled, cringing at the shriek of metal on metal as he forced it open a couple of inches.

"Help me out here!" He muttered to Kitty as the door's progress stalled.
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

They made it.

Seb went to open the door.

Stuck.

The door was stuck.

Door stuck.

Dropping the wrench and her bag to the ground, Kitty slid her fingers into the best handhold she could find and pulled as hard as she could. The sound of the metal pulling itself apart sent the signal to her brain to cover her ears, but now her hands were stuck. All she could do was pull.

As she poured every ounce of strength she had into opening the door, she managed to catch a glimpse of the front door.

The red at the corners of her vision only brought the walls closer.
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Fenrir
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Fenrir »

Aaron let out a sigh of relief upon hearing what Michael said. Somehow, despite everything going wrong it seemed like the other group was deciding to leave after all. He released his death grip on the back of the chair, instead letting it take some of his weight as he leaned against it.

Then he heard the knock on the door, nearly jumping out of his skin when he did so.

It seemed like Michael wasn't leaving after all, instead lying to get him to drop his guard before deciding to let him know that he hadn't fallen for Aaron's bullshit. The plastic chair creaked as Aaron's fingers clenched it as tightly as he could. He chastised himself for letting his guard down before he knew for sure that the other group had left; what if Michael had decided to kick the door down instead of being theatrical about it, he could have gunned them all down before Aaron even had time to react. Not that he could do much about it anyway if any of those outside had a gun.

He heard Sebastien call out to him, telling him to ignore it. The screeching of metal on metal reverberated around the warehouse, the sound cutting through him life a knife, letting him know that Sebastien and Kitty had found the way out and also that the way out was blocked. He looked over his shoulder to see both of his companions trying to pry open a warped metal door, a sliver of sunlight visible through a small gap.

It would take them a little while to get it open and even if they did, who was to say if someone would be waiting for them; they weren't exactly making it a secret that they were trying to leave that way after all. They were trapped like rats right now and even if they tried to run they might not make it.

Maybe their only chance was to try and get Michael and the others to leave after all.

"Fuck off Michael. I told you, you're friends aren't here. You said you were going to leave so leave. Leave!"
[+] Supers
SS33: Andrew Martin - The sound of silence
Gift: Hush
[+] TV3
MM02: Sarah Lillian Whitlock - Is anybody out there?
Weapon - WASP Injection Knife
Team - Malcolm's Mariners
Current Location - There's a Fire in the Sky That Only I Can See
Memory Location - Close encounters

ES10: Akeno Kudo - Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset
Memory Location - Coulomb's Law

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
O28: Zander Lin - Don't you know who I am?
Weapon - None
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett could only watch as Michael was taking matters into his own hands. And she could hear more noises inside. Was that a door opening somewhere? She couldn't breathe for a moment and then she let out a small breathe. She really wished that she and the others could leave, but Michael seemed that he wanted to stay. She didn't really care that Aaron had lied to them. It was none of their business anymore.

She opened her mouth to speak to Michael. But she found herself hesitating. She didn't know why she was. Maybe she just wanted to see what was going to happen.

So she waited and watched Michael with a concerned look on her face.

She was being quiet for once.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yeah! Great! They were getting the fuck out of here! Okay, maaaybe they'd bear some of the responsibility if "Aaron" killed someone after they left, but that was a problem for later.

Oh.

Of course.

Michael just had to ruin everything. It seemed like that was one of his only talents, other than pretending he was straight out of some shitty 30-something-year-old movie.

Everett's eyebrows slanted downwards, his upper lip curled in contempt, and his grip on his revolver tightened. He opened his mouth.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, MICHAEL!? DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO LET US GO NOW? WHAT WH-"

Everett was cut off by a horrific screeching noise. It sounded like the noise you'd hear in your head when someone stuck a bike jack in your mouth and just kept pumping it until your lower jaw was touching your chest or a serial killer scraping a bloody machete against the wall, or-or-or...

A soft "Holy shit, guys..." emerged from Everett's lips. Christ on a bike, whatever that noise was, it was bad fucking news. Really very bad.

His eyes rapidly switched between towards looking at Michael, Scarlett, and the door. He took his left hand off of the gun and held his hand out in front of him, palm out, fingers pointing straight up. He turned his head to the door before looking back over at his allies. He nodded his head, seemingly to himself, and curled down all his fingers but his pointer, forming something resembling a "Wait a second..." hand gesture. He took a deep breath in and brought his left hand back to the gun-grip, pointing the revolver back up and directly towards the door. He shifted his balance between both his feet, and again nodded softly.

His course was set in stone, there was no turning back, this was happening whether he wanted it to or not, whatever "this" was.

Everett inhaled.

"Okay."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Michael heard Everett scream behind him as Aaron screamed behind the door. Aaron sounded scared shitless, and Everett might've been right to call him out.

What in the fuck was he doing, anyways? What did he expect to find in there? They'd only woken up a few hours ago, was it really that plausible that anyone outside of little shitters like Blaine would have started killing people? Sure, maybe one or two people, yeah, he could understand that, but everyone they meet?

Fuck it, yeah, they were gonna leave. It wasn't worth it to just barge in and start shit. He still didn't trust the bastards in there, but still, it wasn't like they had already set up some creepy underground torture dungeon in there or anything, righ-

What the fuck type of noise was that?

That metal screech was the only cue he needed that something was up.

"Fuck it!"

Michael's boot hit the door as he stormed in, shield and chain ready, his adrenaline kicking in.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

((OOC: Skipping Sebastien and Kitty with their handlers permission))

It seemed Michael's companions weren't exactly happy with him either judging by that shout, as annoyed with his antagonising behaviour as Aaron was. The way the shout had been cut off though, the sudden silence that followed it, left him on edge; he half expected the entire front wall of the warehouse to come crashing down on him, it would seem appropriate given how badly everything else was going.

Behind him he could still hear the screeching as Sebastien and Kitty continued to try and pry the door open, but aside from that they might as well have vanished for all the attention Aaron was paying them right now. His eyes were laser focused on the door, waiting for any sign, any sound, that Michael was going to try and come through.

When the door burst open Aaron didn't even bother to register who it was coming through before he threw the chair towards them, swinging his arm around in a one-armed hammer throw before releasing his death grip on the plastic backrest to launch it full force at the figure sillouhetted into the doorframe. It was only after the fact that he finally got a look at them; shorter than Aaron and smaller, though still fairly muscular, with strangely feathered hair and a leather biker jacket. What caught Aaron's attention most of all however was the length of chain looped around one hand and the large wooden shield in the other.

Did he really have someone like that at his school? It seemed like he would have remembered that haircut.

After flinging the chair Aaron dipped his other hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out the derringer and leveled it at what he assumed was Michael. Even though it wasn't loaded and even though it wasn't exactly the most impressive weapon, hopefully having a gun of any kind pointed at him might slow Michael down; the worst case scenario had already happened and he had no other weapon available to him, so trying to intimidate Michael and anyone else with him with the wimpiest gun in the world was the only chance Aaron had.
[+] Supers
[+] TV3

Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
Weapon - None
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett jumped as Michael kicked open the door and went inside without a second thought. She couldn't even register what had happened for a moment. She couldn't even let out a breath as it had taken her by surprise. Michael was out of control and she didn't even know what to do in that situation. She couldn't even bring herself to move after him. She felt trapped even if she wasn't the one inside.

"MICHAEL?!"

She yelled out in confusion and panic. She then looked at Everett. They had to do something, right? They couldn't just leave Michael to fight on his own and get himself killed. They had to stay as a team. They had to work together.

"I-I'm going after him, Everett. We have to help Michael."

She then turned away from him and she followed after Michael, her icepick was at the ready by her side.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

They were doing this. How could everything have gone so wrong?

He was ready. He had to do this.

As Michael kicked the door in, Everett was in the process of realizing that the revolver wasn't cocked.

"Shitfuckshitshit"

Oh God Michael was running in by himself this was really bad. Everett fumbled around with the revolver, managing to click down the clickamajig. Okay. Okay, that was good. Wait, no. Still bad. Scarlett was running in after Michael now.

"Fuck..."

For a moment, he was alone outside. Maybe he could just run; Scarlett and Michael'd be okay, and even if they weren't, Everett'd be okay.

But he couldn't. He wasn't just going to leave them here. He heard clanking, like something heavy being thrown against a wall or hitting the ground.

This was it.

He ran in through the door, gun pointed forwards. He only had a second to look around, to take in his surroundings. He could see Scarlett, and oh, there was Michael doing something with his shield, and-

-Oh fuck was that "Aaron"? Whoever it was, he was pulling something from his jacket pocket. Everett angled the revolver in his direction.

GUN! "AARON" WAS PULLING A FUCKING GUN OH SHIT! SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

Everett made the conscious decision to fire.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Not a second later Michael had kicked in the door like some SWAT team leader, a chair flew right into the side of his head, sending him into the wall to his right. He dropped to the floor like a sack of shit, and only had enough time to look up as Scarlett followed in behind him.

By the time his brain trauma induced double vision subsided, he saw Aaron pulling a gun on the group, ready to fire. Oh fuck this was a big damn mistake, he should have bailed. When Aaron raised the derringer, Michael wanted to do nothing more than bolt, but he knew he couldn't, not now.

Thing was, Scarlett had already saved his life by stopping Blaine earlier, same with Everett. He got them into this shithole of a situation, so it was only fair he returned the favor, right? "Scarlett, get down!"

He dropped his shield and bolted over to her, jumping forwards, hoping to push her out of Aaron's line of sight as the sound of a gunshot rumbled his eardrums.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

The chair hit its mark and Michael dropped almost as soon as he made it into the room, which bought Aaron enough time to pull the derringer free of his pocket, without having to worry about Michael getting too close while he fumbled to fit his hand around the small gun. By the time Michael's eyes managed to focus on him again Aaron had the gun pointed directly at his head, finger resting carelessly on the trigger of the unloaded and harmless weapon.

That was definitely a wooden shield Michael had on his arm; thick and heavy looking with a metal band around the outside, it could probably do a lot of damage if he swung it at someone. It would probably stop whatever puny bullets the thing in his hand fired as well, not that it mattered in this case, but hopefully Michael wouldn't figure that out. The heavy chain in his other hand was also a worry, but less than the shield; it was an interesting combo though, with the leather jacket it was like Braveheart had joined a motorcycle gang.

Cursing internally as another person appeared in the doorway, Aaron was careful to keep the derringer pointed at Michael as he moved his gaze up to see who it was. A girl he didn't recognise, pressummably Scarlett, entered the warehouse; brown haired and considerably shorter than either him or Michael, the thing that most grabbed Aaron's attention about her was the glint of light off of the sharp metal spike gripped in her hand.

Though his gut reaction was to point the gun at the new arrival, he deliberately keep it directed at Michael instead; after all, even though he was still on the ground Michael was the one who had come barrelling in here looking for a fight, Scarlett had only followed him in. If anyone was going to try and attack him now it was going to be Michael. Instead he keep his eyes pinned on Scarlett's, trying to judge what she was thinking and making it very clear he was keeping on eye on her, while still trying to watch Michael out of the corner of his eye.

It took an effort to keep his face straight, to not give away how nervous he was. This situation was now beyond fucked, well past the point of salvageability, but he seemed to have achieved a kind of upper hand with his sudden attack and by pulling a gun. As long as he kept Michael back he didn't think Scarlett would try anything either. All he had to do was hold them both at bay while Sebastien and Kitty kept trying to open the door so they could all leave; after that these two could have the damn warehouse to themselves and him and the others could try their luck somewhere else.

A sudden shout from Michael caught him off guard and Aaron squeezed the trigger on his pea shooter instinctively, screaming inside his head at how lucky he was the thing wasn't actually loaded. Michael rose from the ground, leaving his shield behind him as he dove towards Scarlett.

Exhaling a sigh of relief Aaron moved his gun to follow Michael. If his biggest worry wanted to disarm himself and tackle his second biggest worry to the ground for him he wasn't going to complain.

A sound like a thunderclap directly in Aaron's ear shook his world, but not as much as the hot lump of metal that tore open his chest. As he fell backwards he caught a glimpse of another figure outlined in the doorway, Aaron belatedly remembering that there was a third person outside.

He hit the ground without really noticing, aside from a vague sense of coming to a stop. There was no pain, the was no pain anywhere. He felt like there should have been.

The bullet had struck him low in the chest and to his right, tearing through flesh, shattering bone and ripping its way through his heart and out his back. A wide pool of blood had already formed under Aaron and had spread out to cover most of his chest and stomach. But there was no pain, just a feeling of deep, pervading coldness. Everything else was numbness. And tiredness.

Aaron tried to lift his head, or thought about it at least, but couldn't even find the energy to do that. So tired. Was his vision going dark? Or was he just closing his eyes, to tired to even hold the lids open?

B21: AARON CHALMERS: DECEASED
[+] Supers
[+] TV3

Weapon - Wire Garotte
Team - Emmy's Selkies
Current Location - Upset

Relationship Thread
[+] INTL
Weapon - None
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett felt herself falling backwards as Michael knocked her to the ground and a gunshot went off behind her, making her ears ring. She had not suspected that Everett would have fired off the gun so soon. She also had been knocked on her butt a second time by a guy, but this time it seemed that Michael had saved her life. Unlike Blaine who decided that it had been a good idea to punch her in the face.

Michael was just beside her when she fell and she waited for her ears to stop ringing. Everett could have gave her a warning that he was randomly going to shoot at people. After her ears has settled down, she heard a noise that sounded like someone else had fallen to the ground.

Was it the person who was Aaron? Or was it someone else?

She sat up slowly and she looked pass Michael. And she felt like her world had immediately crashed down. There was someone, presumably Aaron as far as she knew, lying in a pool of his blood. With a gunshot wound in his chest. She couldn't believe it for a second. But it was real enough. Everett had killed him. She didn't know how to feel about that. She should have been feeling relieved that Aaron hadn't been able to hurt any of them, right?

But she wasn't.

"You.... You killed him...." She murmured in a shocked state and she was trying to wrap it around in her brain. One of them was a murderer now and it was making her feel a lump in her throat. "He's.... dead...?"

Return to “The Old Warehouse”