Dead Man's Hand

Open to everyone except Kamon

While major medical issues for the island's inhabitants typically merited a trip to the mainland, this small clinic is equipped enough to handle almost any typical injury or illness, and most of the equipment and medicine is still there. The clinic also has facilities suitable for cooking and getting cleaned up, to help support overnight stays.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

There was someone there, outside the clinic. Watching them.

"Where?" Fumiyo whispered, gesturing for Keita to show her. She didn't care about him, now, not when there was someone else watching them. But she followed Keita's gaze even as she spoke, and illuminated in the moonlight was a person. She couldn't make out much, but it was a she. And this girl could be thinking anything. About how she was going to kill the person inside the clinic. How long had they been there? The clinic was still bathed in darkness as she couldn't find the lightswitch, but had they seen her go in? Were they waiting for someone to come out so they could kill them?

Fumiyo's nerves took control of her, and without thinking, she raised the handgun, steadying it for a second, and then fired, the flash illuminating the clinic for a second. A gasp followed, and she took a step back.

She'd probably missed.

She hoped she'd missed.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yumiko heard a pop, and noticed a brief, distant flash of light in the clinic's window.

It took a few seconds to fully register in her mind what she'd just seen.

"!," she gasped.

She pushed herself off away from the tree trunk, and then bolted in the opposite direction of the gunshot, going further into the trees. Almost immediately, she tripped over something that felt like a weird, kind of lumpy log, and sprawled to the ground on the other side of it.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

"Where?" Fumiyo asked.

A simple question, easy to answer for Keita even in his fearful state. He raised his right hand and pointed at the window with the boomerang.

This was a mistake.

Because this action brought his hand exactly between the window and Fumiyo's gun.

BANG!

The bullet, fired by Fumiyo who had paid no attention to Keita or his hand, collided with the boomerang he was holding. The almost point-blank shot hit right in the middle, destroying the piece of plastic while also ripping off two thirds of his middle and pointer finger.

One good thing about comics was that everything was frozen in time. You could study each panel for as long as you needed to determine what exactly had happened, even if within the story it all happened in the blink of an eye.

Reality was lacking such a feature.

The flash of the shot next to his head blinded Keita and its echo drowned out the world. But he still felt the sensation of something impacting with his hand, freeing the boomerang from his grip.

He tried to make a fist with his right hand. It felt wet and incomplete.

And then, just as his eyes started to readjust and Keita saw the red dots on the wall were his fingers had bumped off and the newly broken window that would surely bring down the real estate value of the house, the pain set in.

"!!!"

Keita didn't even managed coherent words. He just sunk to the ground, clutching his right hand, screaming his lungs out.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

No matter what Yukiko did, Her tears kept on coming. Breathing exercises, thinking of something pleasant like the song she had heard Shuya play a while back or remembering whenever she made food for Yumiko, but nothing stopped them; she kept hyperventalating into her bag.

She reached her arms around the bag, and pinched at her right hand with her left. She wanted to wake up in her own bed, and it all would be a bad dream. But all she got was momentary hurt and a reminder it was all too real.

A sound rang out; it was loud; and it was like a pop. A scream followed, and Yukiko clung to her bag even more with shaking arms. It was not long after that something suddenly collided with her.

She let out an involuntary "ow" inbetween sobs.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Keita screamed, and so did Fumiyo, the sight of one of her classmates missing parts of his fingers and the dots of red splattered over the remains of the window and the windowframe a little too much to bear. Oh fuck, oh fuck what had she done she shouldn't have even shot anyone at all and now Keita was hurt and oh what had she done.

Hyperventilating, Fumiyo sent a few more shots out of the window, almost certainly missing, but only because she didn't know what else to do. Panting, she then turned to Keita.

"G-get out!" She shrieked, gun shaking wildly between him and the window, fully immersed into the throes of panic.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

More pops. A bullet winged a nearby tree, sending a spray of splinters raining down below. Oh God. Yumiko laid on the ground. Her hands and knees hurt from the way she'd landed. She could hear something groaning. Oh God. It was a person. Who was it? Who was it? She couldn't see in the dark. Had they been shot? Oh God.

She rolled onto her side, unzipped her bag, and groped around inside for her assigned weapon. Maybe she could - maybe she could use it to scare them away. Her index finger brushed against something that might have been the handle of a little tiny gun. She grabbed whatever it was, and pointed it unloaded in the general direction of both the groaning and the distant gunshots, still laying on her side on the forest floor.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Despite his pain, Keita caught the words Fumiyo threw at him.

She wanted him to get out?

What in the world was she expecting him to do? Stand up and climb through the window with his bleeding hand? Leave the clinic and hope to find another place that had the medical supplies he really needed right now? Ignore the fact that Fumiyo was the nurses' aid and therefore probably the most-suited person in the class to treat his hand?

Shit, she still had the gun. She could force him out. She would force him out. She would force him out and he would be all alone with the people outside while his hand was bleeding and his clothes were getting red and the people outside would think he shot at them and he would have to run while his was bleeding and his fingers were starting to rot on the floor and he would need to find someone to help with his hand and the room was getting blurry and he had no weapon not even his boomerang and what if this was the only place with medical stuff on the island and his hand was bleeding and putting his other hand around the wound did shit and what the fuck Fumiyo he had been here first this was his hiding spot and why did she shoot in the first place and his hand was still bleeding and he had to do something or she might shot him again or others could come and

It was at this point that Keita suffered from a vasovagal syncope caused by stress, pain and Hyperventilation.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Yukiko heard more shots in the horizon, and another voice joined the other in screaming. Were people in her class really going to do this? Were they really going to kill one another? This fast?

She could also hear rustling from beyond the bag she had been using as a shield. Slowly, she raised her head enough so that one of her eyes poked out and glimpsed a gun being pointed at her. Her eyes were still blurry from all the crying she had done so she could not see who it was holding it.

She hurled herself away from her bag and landed on her back. She tried to get away in a hurry by scooching herself backwards. A little bit away from her wannabe assailant, she quickly got up on her feet using her left hand before promptly turning around and sprinting towards a nearby tree.

"Please... Don't shoot me!" She yelped out as she ran.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Oh fuck what had she done Keita had just been staring at her and then he collapsed and then he was dead oh god he was dead and she had killed him

Hyperventilating now, staring at Keita's body, Fumiyo felt the need to get out of the clinic. What should have been something comforting and reminiscent of her tasks in school was now a nightmare. But she had to calm down, but she couldn't because every time she looked at Keita she remembered his screams.

So instead she turned and ran into the staff room, slamming the door shut and piling a table and some chairs in front of it. Setting the gun down besides her, she curled up against a wall, holding her knees, and started to sob.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Her eyes widened, and she gasped again.

"YUKIKO!!"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

A gasp was heard from behind her and a voice was calling her name, Yukiko answered with a gasp of her own and hearing the voice tried frantically to stop her run and almost collided headfirst with a tree; she caught herself with her hands held out, ignoring how much it hurt to do that.

She pressed her face up against it as she stared out into the dark, trying to catch her breath. Her eyes were as wide as dinner plates as her tearful voice struggled to call out:

"Y-Y-Yumiko?!?"
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

As she breathed, cried, let all the emotion of the past hour or two work their way out of their system, a thought came to Fumiyo's mind, one that wiped all worries of being a murderer from her mind instantly.

People generally didn't die when you blew off two of their fingers.

Keita must be alive, he must have just passed out or something. But even still, he wouldn't be very happy with her, and she didn't know what the person outside was thinking. She had shot at them, after all. Maybe they had a gun, and they were coming to the clinic to kill whoever had shot at them. That would mean Keita was in danger, and she probably owed it to him after she'd blown off his fingers.

Scrambling to her feet, Fumiyo started to pull the barricade down.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yumiko dropped her arm to the ground, because she didn't want to point a gun at Yukiko. She then used her other arm to push herself into an upright sitting position.

"Y-Yukiko!" She said again. "Are you - are you hurt? Where - where are you!?"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"I-I'm not hurt! I'm, uh, next to a tree! I didn't get far!" Yukiko yelled back. She was still trying to calm her nerves as the gun stayed in her mind. Hugging the tree for minimal comfort.

It was Yumiko's voice, no doubt, so did that mean her friend pointed a gun at her? She must not have known that it was her, but... Did that mean she would aim a gun at someone else...

No! She could not think like that, not of Yumiko!

"Y-you're still at my bag, right?"
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Slowly, Keita opened his eyes.

Only to instantly close them again when the pain returned.

"Fumiyo!" He cried out.

Forcing himself to take a look, Keita found the room empty. However, there were some noises somewhere else in the building.

And no gunshots. Thank god.

With whatever power he could muster, he managed to get into a sitting position, his left hand somehow stopping the bleeding of his missing fingers. He was doubtful that he would bleed out from something like that, but damn, he was missing fingers, he needed some goddamn medical aid!

Next to him was a closet. This being a clinic Keita figured it could help him, so he awkwardly opened it, both his hands occupied.

He was awarded with the sight of a bunch of medical supplies, including bandages.

Which were in original packaging, meaning he would have to use fingers to open them. Meaning he would have to stop pressing on his two stumps and let the blood flow once more.

Shit!
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2