SOTF: U - The Second Announcement

This board contains important information for SOTF: U.

Moderator: SOTF U Staff

Shiola
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

SOTF: U - The Second Announcement

Post by Shiola »

NRV Frontier
07:00

The sea raged. Chunks of ice crashed against one another amid the waves, as an unseasonably powerful storm blasted the ocean surface white.

Inside of a dull blue shipping container bolted to the deck of the NRV Frontier, Dr. Finch braced herself against the steel wall as the ship rocked steeply. There were more and more interruptions in the steady rhythm of the waves she’d been trying to get used to all morning. Sleet and cold air blew in from the partly-ajar metal doors, seeming to follow the waves in fits and starts.

As the ship settled closer to level, she turned her attention back to a small computer screen, lightly fogged for a moment by her breath in the below-freezing temperatures. Despite the outward appearance of the shipping container, there was only a small alcove once could access inside before they were met with a wall of gray steel, whose construction made it abundantly clear that the shipping container surrounding it was little more than a facade.

A keyboard and screen folded out from a slot in the wall, which was covered in access ports and switches. There were dozens of stenciled markings, most in the obfuscatory pseudo-military jargon she’d gotten used to seeing at Janus-Hayes facilities. The name of the weapons system was ever-present: SCYTHE.

She hated having to entrust so much to something with such a loathsome name.

Using a trackball set into the keypad, Dr. Finch navigated through the rudimentary user interface. One menu displayed a real-time map of the island, with the locations of all of the Participants and Prototypes. The Participant locations weren’t necessary as far as her stated use-case for the weapons was concerned, but she had it programmed into the guidance system anyways. The possibility of some kind of Participant revolt was well within the experiment’s parameters, but she didn’t share the Director’s optimism that a revolt was doomed to fail. She felt no comfort in any sort of certainty, not with so many unknown variables on that island.

Dr. Finch glanced towards the door behind her, padding the right pocket of her heavy coat, where she now kept her pistol.

There were altogether too many unknown variables on the ship, as well. A few days spent with Sycamore and his team had made that much clear. While she wondered if it had been excessive at the time, the choice to use her leverage to bring this so-called failsafe onto the ship had been one of her better ones.

She clicked the menu labeled GUIDANCE PRESETS and watched as text flowed across the small flat screen. She worked quickly as the rocking ship and cold, bare fingers would allow.

VLS UNIT 1
PRESET CHARLIE - RADIOLOGICAL GUIDANCE SUBSYSTEM MOD IV - CUSTOM -
ACTIVE

VLS UNIT 2
PRESET VICTOR - RADIO GUIDANCE SUBSYSTEM - DEFAULT -
ACTIVE

VLS UNIT 3
PRESET ROMEO - RADIO GUIDANCE SUBSYSTEM - DEFAULT -
ACTIVE

VLS UNIT 4
PRESET MIKE - GPS GUIDANCE SUBSYSTEM - GROUND ATTACK TARGET: SEVERNY NORIN INSTALLATION -
ACTIVE

LAUNCH SYSTEM PRESET: 00:72:00:00

SAVE CHANGES?

Y/N

Finch sighed, and hit Y. The screen flickered once more, returning to the system’s main diagnostic menu.

00:71:59:50

She stared at the timer, slowly ticking down. Once the storm passed, she expected to return and disable it.

It was hard not to just want to let it wind down, and end this whole godforsaken enterprise altogether.

Clenching her jaw, she stood silently and continued watching the numbers count down. The bare-bones, almost pleasant UI of the launch system didn’t make much of the timer; it wasn’t in bright red, in the center of the screen as a warning to any passers-by that something terrible would transpire if it ran out. Only a small widget in the corner of the screen, barely noticeable if someone didn’t know what to look for. She wondered who designed the interface, and if they were the kind of person who fully appreciated just what kind of a business they’d contributed their time and energy into.

A banging on the side of the container roused her from her stupor, and she quickly folded the small keyboard back into its slot on the wall. The monitor dimmed, shutting down almost entirely save for the small timer running down at the bottom of the screen.

00:71:55:48

A gruff voice called from the entrance to the container.

“Hey! Erin! Dr. Finch!!”

She recognized the voice: the Frontier’s Captain. His name was (at least on paper) Captain Francisco Duarte, but he’d repeatedly introduced himself to the researchers as Frank. His personnel file was littered with extensive redactions, which for Janus-Hayes typically meant a long and varied list of international crimes. What information it did show was that he was by far the most experienced person on the ship when it came to these kinds of operations. The ship’s crew reported directly to him, and were loyal. While it theoretically put him on equal standing with Dr. Sycamore and Dr. Finch, at least by the numbers, in practice he was subordinate to whatever orders he’d been issued. In this case, his mission was to keep the ship afloat and its personnel secure; he made no overtures to interference. While this was nominally a good thing, it also meant she couldn’t trust him as an ally. At best, he was no less of an enemy than the company itself was.

A seasoned and somewhat neurotic-looking man, she had only interacted with him a few times. He had the face of someone who used to have a drinking problem, and almost seemed to wish he still had.

The banality of these kinds of people was almost the worst part of all of this. Finch looked down at the Janus-Hayes emblazoned parka she was wearing, and supposed she was just as much a part of that milieu now. Slipping a pair of winter gloves over the fingerless fabric gloves she was wearing underneath, Dr. Finch emerged and was met with the weathered face of Captain Duarte.

“Frank! Hey.”

“We’re nearly underway, but Doc Sycamore needs you for the briefing. I don’t want to push you but - we really need to get moving. I hope you’re fi-”

Cutting him off, she nodded and made for the door.

“Of course, I’m done here. Mind walking me back in? I’m - not used to this.”

“That’s the plan.”

Stepping out onto the deck, Finch winced as she was immediately struck by the sleet and icy wind blowing off of the sea. The Captain assisted her in the unsteady task of forcing the doors against the shipping container, so that she could close a heavy steel bolt and lock it with one of the two keys she wore around her neck.

The Captain couldn’t help but scrutinize the container, before moving to guide Dr. Finch along the precarious deck of the Frontier.

“Everything alright with your… ordinance?

The discomfort in his tone was clear, though she couldn’t place it at first. As she’d become altogether too used to, Finch kept her answers vague.

“Yep. Just ran a test of the guidance systems.”

They stopped for a moment next to a bulkhead, as the ship pitched again. The Captain held out an arm, expecting her to stumble, and forced a smile when she shot back a glare.

He stole a glance back at the container again. “You actually had to come all the way out here for it? I thought they gave you a briefcase?”

Finch shook her head. “We’re not going to get real-time data once you move the ship. Too much latency, and our drones can’t fly that far in bad weather. In case something goes wrong, we can’t take any chances. The remote station is just a controller, the actual guidance computer is in the container.”

It was also the only way to lock out the fire control system. Whether he inferred some nefarious purpose on her part or not, she couldn’t tell.

Captain Duarte had begun to walk across the deck again when he seemed to fully register information, sighed, and then spat overboard.

Ó meu Deus.”

“What?”

You people. If your little experiment was running a month from now this would all be ice. Calm. Frontier’s rated as an icebreaker. But if I’m hearing you right, since it’s now and we’re in the shit, you might not be able to signal any of your other failsafes. The collars, the mercs, the drones - so your only other option in case things go belly-up is to launch missiles at it?.

“We shouldn’t have to.”

The Captain continued, stopping only as they reached the bulkhead that would lead them inside, placing his hand on the heavy steel door. It was no use lowering his voice out here, but his tone changed nonetheless as Dr. Finch walked into the small alcove.

“Listen, I’m nervous as hell about keeping four tons of explosives on the deck. Even more nervous that there’s a civilian in charge of it. It’s why I am out here talking to you and not some gofer. That container out there is just one more dangerous thing I’ve gotta tell my people to not look at too closely.”

“If you knew what would happen if we-”

“Save it. I get it. I’ve been doing this a long time. Seen shit that’ll make you rethink having eyes in your skull. Just - make sure you do it right. You have to come out here again, ask. I don’t want the lady with her finger on the trigger ending up overboard.”

Finch took a deep breath of the frigid, wet air, and forced a smile before reaching for the door.

“Thanks. I will.”

The inside of the ship was disorientingly calm compared to the raging winds outside. While the morning had been a flurry of movement with crew and research personnel working hard to button up the ship and stow away anything that might roll or fall in bad weather, Finch found most of the staff relatively idle. Small groups passed the time in the ship’s small lounges, playing cards, watching episodes of Star Trek on laptops, or chatting quietly over cups of tea or coffee.

Just outside of the experiment’s main control room, she passed a few of the research staff - half her team, half Sycamore’s - sat next to a whiteboard they’d clearly pulled out of one of the labs. On it, she could see the names of several of the participants - with dollar values assigned to them.

Still halfway out of her parka, she paused and listened. They hadn’t spotted her just yet.

“I’m going all in on the Marine.” One of Sycamore’s team. Older. Her last name was Robinson; she had a family, several nieces and nephews. This was supposed to be for them.

“Carl? Come on. A guy like that’s gonna snap.” Alan Fields. He’d been putting together test scenarios for the other Chimera larvae. Some of them seemed promising. He believed in their mission. Finch expected better.

“Nah. Crayon-eater knows his shit.” Rumina, former Army Intelligence, dishonorably discharged. Complete disaster of a personal life, but dedicated to her craft. There was little else she seemed to excel at, which seemed to be a pretty consistent theme among Sycamore’s team.

“You put money on him too?”

Nods of agreement.

“I’m all in on the British girl.” Piped up Lucas, one of her lab technicians. They didn’t need dirt on him - he knew what he was doing. At least, she thought so.

“Which one?”

“The uhh - the transgender with the flamethrower.”

The transgender. All else notwithstanding, that struck a nerve.

Finch strode up to the group, who all seemed to squirm at the sight of her. Rumina seemed to reach for the whiteboard, before realizing she didn’t have a plan on what to do with it.

“She has a name, Lucas. It’s Kay. What the fuck are you doing?”

He shrank in his seat. There was an explanation, of course. A sensible, not-fucked-up explanation, and he’d just explain it to her. Of course.

“Erin - sorry, I don’t know if anyone told you. Since we turned over surveillance to the island team today, we figured we could just-”

“I know why you’re not at your stations. What is this? Are you running a dead pool on our Participants?”

Robinson looked up the hallway, as if someone could intervene. “Umm… yeah? It’s not just us, we’ve got-”

“It’s no one. Because this stops right fucking now. I don’t know what kind of clown show Sycamore is running over there, but you two should know better. This isn’t a game. We’re destroying lives here. You don’t ever forget that they have names.

Fuming, Finch snatched the board off of the table and threw it down the hallway. It skidded across the tile floor, sliding to hit the opposite wall as the ship pitched again. Noting the increasingly dire conditions, she barely managed to stow her anger for the time being.

“Fields, Diaz. Both of you are going to meet me at my cabin after the announcement. I’m gonna find a job for you, since you’re making such shit use of all of this free time.”

The two members of Sycamore’s team seemed eager to excuse themselves, which Finch obliged them to do with one word:

“Leave.”

Dr. Sycamore must’ve heard the conversation, because she found him looking up from his desk as she entered the control room, an inscrutable smile on his face.

“I was beginning to think I’d have to do this without you.”

A travel mug began to slide off of the desk, which he caught without missing a beat.

“Just making sure we’re not making a mistake by turning this over to the surveillance station.”

Sycamore paused mid-sip. “You don’t trust our ground team?”

“I don’t trust you. You can’t blame me for having little faith in the cabal of psychopaths we left out there.”

He returned a smile, shaking his head.

“Gardner’s not a psychopath. Garuda and Leander - well, you’re probably right, but they’re properly incentivized. I don’t expect there’ll be any issues with leaving it in their hands for a day. Loyalty or lack thereof notwithstanding, there’s a baseline competency there that I think can account for any problems caused by the inclement weather.”

"If you say so."

Finch sat down beside Sycamore, rubbing her hands together, still clad in fingerless gloves. Water dripped from the ice crusted around her parka, now slumped across a chair nearby. She glanced at the map, the dots representing the Participants now beginning to lag slightly as the signal degraded in the storm.

Her mind was still racing. Hypocritical moral outrage blasting white noise over musings on the evolution of their prototypes, all while trying to anticipate and react to whatever game Sycamore was going to play now once the real-time feeds cut out.

“Erin, are you expecting something to go wrong?”

She turned to him, noting what seemed like genuine concern on his face.

“Aren’t you?”

00:71:42:10
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Severniy Norin
08:00

The jarring tones of the island’s ad hoc PA system blared out, heard even amidst the intense wind whipping across the island. The PDAs came to life once again, with a small LED next to the screen blinking green, with the notable exception of those belonging to deceased Participants.

19/10/22 ANNOUNCEMENT AVAILABLE

PLAY RECORDING?
[+] Y

Dr. Sycamore’s voice played, after a short delay. The quality of the audio was perfectly understandable, although the man himself seemed to be in something of a hurry as he recorded the message.

“Good morning everyone. If you’re hearing this, you’ve survived your second day of the Experiment. Once again, I congratulate you on your efforts. While some of you have remained lucky in avoiding the Prototypes for the time being, most of you have had some interaction with them by this point. I’ve observed the formation of some ad hoc strategies, and successful adaptation to these unexpected threats. Well done.”

Papers rustled. Unlike the previous day, background noise seemed more noticeable. A female voice muttered something inaudible.

“However, not all of you made it through the day yesterday. Four Participants perished, all at the hands of the Prototypes. However, given the circumstances, I would be reluctant to give them all of the credit.”

Whether he was being truthful, or intentionally sowing discord, it was impossible to tell. Either way, he clearly enjoyed lacing his descriptions with ambiguity.

“First to go was Maud Sparrow. It seems our Revenants finally took the initiative, and staged a successful attack on her group early in the morning. While her former comrades witnessed her near-decapitation, what they might not know is what happened afterwards. Let’s just say the Revenants didn’t let the fresh kill go to waste. Don’t forget, they - they weren’t issued rations, like the rest of you.”

In this case, he’d only needed to watch the footage once. It wasn’t necessary to study it further, he knew what recommendation he would make in his final report. The other Prototypes displayed fascinating potential - the Revenants were little more than an exercise in sadism. They didn’t eat her out of desperation, but with enthusiasm.

The disgust was only slightly tangible in his tone, and he continued.

“Next to die was Misha Yeager, who had ventured out into the Wastes with Adam Shackland, when she suddenly found herself standing alone. It’s hard to say who abandoned who, but in the end the Chimera chose Misha as its prey, leaving Adam no worse for wear. Well, physically at least. She put up a fight, but her fire bomb wasn’t enough to stop the Chimera, who certainly bore scars from the encounter.”

Enthusiasm returned as he spoke of the encounters with the Chimera; it was fascinating to watch the moral calculus at work between the Participants. While he did so quite deliberately, it was clear he really didn’t need to work too hard to plant seeds of mistrust.

“The Chimera would find its next victim in Dusty James, who stumbled into a standoff between Esther Ježek and the creature. Esther’s valiant efforts left the Chimera with a few more bullet wounds than it was expecting that afternoon, but only after it had managed to crush poor Dustin’s skull in its jaws. Take from that what you will.

“Its misadventures continued as it fled into the village, only to encounter Chevy Gallagher’s group. They mounted a disorganized retreat, injuring the Chimera in the process. Despite its alien appearance, I can assure you all that the conventional wisdom about the dangers of wounded animals remains true. It inflicted serious injuries to Chevy in its escape, incapacitating him just long enough for the Vermiculus prototype to catch the group unaware. Unfortunate; while our Prototypes are predisposed to avoid one another, they seem to be willing to overcome that in pursuit of the rest of you.”

A sigh, and the rustling of papers was audible on the audio clip once again. It was clear enough that he wasn’t sure just how to describe what had occurred, or how best to communicate it.

“Well, in a cruel twist of fate, it seems that Vermiculus didn’t find Chevy a suitable candidate for subsumption. After a brief investigation, the Prototype made a hasty exit through the front of his face.”

The horrifically violent way it interacted with its hosts was the least interesting part of the Vermiculus’ behavior in the last few days. Despite claiming confidence in the experiment to Dr. Finch, Dr. Sycamore had made a point of consulting Dr. Garuda on the failsafes for the Prototype once again. It unnerved him just how quickly it, like the Chimera, was adapting.

More than anything else, that motivated his decision to disclose more information to the Participants. It was a day early, but under the circumstances, it seemed to be a rational step to take.

“For those of you who don’t understand how that’s possible, I’m happy to report we’ll be making more information on the Prototypes available to you today in your PDAs. I strongly advise you to avail yourselves of that information.”

A small notification would appear on the PDAs regarding an update to the information provided. Not everything, but just enough to tip the balance a tiny bit towards the Participants.

“This is in addition to our last reported locations of the Prototypes, which I am providing once again to you now:

“The Chimera has left its midden in the Armory, after… some adaptations. It appears to be actively seeking you out! Its last known location was in the Village. I would take care to move quickly and quietly, should you feel a need to travel between any of the buildings in Serensk.

“Speaking of, I’d suggest you all avoid the Machine Shop - Vermiculus seems to have stopped there for a few hours after its ill-fated encounter with Chevy’s group. What is it doing, I wonder? Given that it seems to be cognisant of its own existence, perhaps you could ask it, though you may not like the answer.

“Lastly, the Revenants. It seems like our trio of silent antagonists have taken up in the Union Office. I hope you three aren’t getting any ideas! Hahah. If I had to guess, they’ve taken note of the worsening weather conditions, something I’m sure you’ve all noticed by now.”

While they couldn’t hear it, Sycamore had spent most of the announcement with his left foot braced against the desk, as the ship had been on anything but level seas.

“Despite our hopes for relatively mild conditions during the duration of the experiment, Mother Nature seems to have other plans. A rather violent storm system is beginning to pass over this area. You can expect some high winds, heavy snowfall, and a sharp drop in temperatures throughout the day. The high, if you can call it that, will be twenty-four degrees, with a low of three.

“I don’t think I need to tell you that exposure in these conditions means certain death. Therefore, in addition to the areas mentioned above, I would suggest that you avoid the Wastes, the Airstrip, and the Frozen Lake. These zones on the island have little to no shelter available, and travel through them is likely to become impossible during the next twenty-four hours. Some of your fellow Participants have been smart enough to start small fires; I would suggest befriending or eliminating them at the earliest possible convenience, or starting fires yourselves. Whatever approach suits your purposes. However deadly you’ve found the Prototypes so far, I can assure you that the cold is a far more implacable opponent.”

A pause. One could hear the click of a travel mug closing, as he took a sip of tea.

“If all goes well, I will speak to you again tomorrow. Good luck.”

It was, appropriately, starting to get cold.
[+] N
Announcement - 19/10/22

If you’re reading this, you’ve made it through the second day. Well done.

We’ve noted many of you have made some valiant attempts at fighting the Prototypes. This has been exciting to watch.

Note that they will learn from you as much as you learn from them. You may have witnessed as much already.

You’ll need more than firepower to beat them. Your fellow Participants are just as important as the tools and weapons you have on hand.

It’s up to you to determine whether or not they get to be more than that.

See below for an important bulletin concerning the inclement weather.

Casualty List:

P22 Maud Sparrow - Laceration, blood loss caused by X02-A Revenant.
P09 Misha Yeager - Eviscerated by X00 Chimera.
P18 Dustin "Dusty" James - Decapitated by X00 Chimera.
P08 Chevy Gallagher - Severe cranial trauma caused as a result of failed subsumption by X01 Vermiculus.

Prototype Status:

X00 Chimera - Operational - Multiple injuries sustained. Condition unclear.
X01 Vermiculus - Operational
X02 Revenant A - Operational - Injury sustained. Condition stable.
X02 Revenant B - Operational
X02 Revenant C - Operational

New Information Available. See Prototype Profiles for more details.

Last Reported Locations - 19/10/22:

X00 Chimera - The Village
X02 Revenant - The Union Office
X01 Vermiculus - The Machine Shop

Weather Report - 19/10/22

High: 24.8F / -4C
Low: 3.2F / -16C

EXTREME WEATHER HAZARD
PARTICIPANTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:

The Wastes
The Frozen Lake
The Airstrip

Expect high winds and heavy snowfall during the next twenty-four hours. Temperatures will drop well below freezing and aren’t expected to rise above it for a few days.

Without cover, exposure will be extremely hazardous, if not outright fatal. Stay inside if possible.

For those at the Mines - the Conveyor Belt may provide sufficient cover to traverse safely to the Village. Do keep this in mind should you need to relocate, and vice versa.

---

Nature places limitations on us all. You'll need to exploit the limitations of your enemies, and accept your own, if you want to survive.

- Dr. Erin Finch

Hi everyone! We're back.

I must apologize for the long and unexpected delay between announcements. Limitations, unfortunately, are something I've been fighting against lately. However, I understand that there wasn't enough communication as to the delay in the game and for that I unreservedly apologize.

Consequently, I will be resetting the activity timer to today's date. All characters now are considered active, which will give any of you who have been waiting on posts or waiting for the day change some time to get back into the (hopefully) regular pace of the game.

As usual, the Prototypes have now been assigned their Day 3 flags in secret, which will apply to all threads set on the third day only.

For a reminder on how the Prototype Death Flags work, check out the Prototype Hunting Rules.

If you would like to ping the Prototypes for a death, consult the Prototype Kills post for more information.

To clarify the announcement above, the danger-zones of the Wastes, Frozen Lake, and Airstrip are considered enforced by environmental hazard, and the standard rules apply.

Now, Day 3's rolls:

1. P05 - Rachana Kumar (almostinhuman)
2. P25 - Naomi Faith (WorldFat)
3. P07 - Kay Poultier (Pippin) P01 - Darren Decker (Fiori)
4. P21 - Arthur "Art" Miles (DerArknight)
[+] rollin log

Code: Select all

Shiola — Yesterday at 12:23 AM
@Professor Fether will be stepping in to roll as I believe @Namira and @Cicada are doing that thing where they live in different timezones, I will be calling the rolls
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:24 AM
Lemme open the discussion channel.
Cool, I am here and can do whatever you need!
Shiola — Yesterday at 12:26 AM
Test roll 1, amusingly the first time we get to use a 20-sided die:
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:26 AM
d 20
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:26 AM
 9  ⟵ [9] 1d20
Shiola — Yesterday at 12:26 AM
Test Roll 2:
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:26 AM
(Can you tell I don't do the dice normally. :P )
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:26 AM
 8  ⟵ [8] 1d20
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:27 AM
Maybe one more to be sure it isn't just counting?
Shiola — Yesterday at 12:27 AM
Test Roll 3:
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:27 AM
 14  ⟵ [14] 1d20
Cool beans. Now for the real thing!
Roll 1 of 4:
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:27 AM
 4  ⟵ [4] 1d20
P05 - Rachana Kumar
Roll 2 of 4:
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:28 AM
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:28 AM
 16  ⟵ [16] 1d20
Shiola — Yesterday at 12:28 AM
P25 - Naomi Faith
Roll 3 of 4:
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:28 AM
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:28 AM
 6  ⟵ [6] 1d20
Shiola — Yesterday at 12:28 AM
P07 - Kay Poultier
Roll 4 of 4:
Professor Fether — Yesterday at 12:29 AM
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 — Yesterday at 12:29 AM
 6  ⟵ [6] 1d20
Shiola — Yesterday at 12:29 AM
ReRoll:
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 6  ⟵ [6] 1d20
ReRoll:
d20
Roll Bot 2.0
BOT
 14  ⟵ [14] 1d20
P21 - Arthur "Art" Miles
That's it for rolls. Announcement will go up soon™️
Given the extended break, you will have five days to play cards and a slightly extended death deadline of April 23, 2023. Please PM Help_U with any questions.

Our next set of rolls will take place in the last week of April, leading into the latter half of Day 3.

See you out there!
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Unfortunate! I would rather a hero since I haven't had a lot of time to be with Naomi. That and because I dunno if I can do her death justice since I have to write a paper here and there.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

No heroes thank you, I was gonna hero out this rollset anyway lol

Probably also set for deaths but if you wanna die in a fiery blast hmu
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

No heroes or pitches for Art required. His fate was decided on long ago.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Oh goddamnit.

I was really really dreading this might happen. Kay is an incredibly important character to me, she touches on a lot of very important bases and emotions that I think come through in my writing for her, and I KNOW she still has so much more to give; her storyline isn't close to being done yet. A hero would mean the absolute world to me and I wouldn't be able to thank you enough for one.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Heroing Kay Poultier with Darren Decker.

Already have an idea in mind, but will let folk know if I need a new one.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Oh! And if there are no heroes played, please send death pitches. My discord is WorldCat#1275.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Two more days for Cards; Chimera is no longer available for deaths (unless stated by DM), although the other two Prototypes are.
SOTF: U
Evan Keane: "I guess my world was always gonna end, somehow."

SOTF Supers:
August Hanlon - "This never felt like much of a Gift."
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Still looking for death pitches!!
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
Help_U

Post by Help_U »

Two notes:

The death of P21 - Arthur "Art" Miles has been taken over by Applesintime, who will be writing out the character.

Deadlines have been extended once again on request; rolls will be posted in the coming week.

Return to “SOTF: U Important Information”