I CLENCHED MY FIST SO HARD I THINK IT STARTED BLEEDING

open like ur MOM

This ship is a replica of a traditional clipper ship, painstakingly built to recreate the proper design elements and functionality. Originally used for filming and for theme tours in Southeast Asia, it was badly damaged when an inexperienced captain scraped a pier during a storm, and was put into dry dock pending repairs. Ultimately, however, insurance proceedings saw it declared a total write-off and sold for scrap. It has gashes in the sides that have been crudely but competently repaired, and inside the ships has wide expanses of wooden floor spanning two decks. The rigging is the most impressive part, with a crow's nest that serves as the highest point of the arena, should one dare venture up the rope ladder. A rather anachronistic yet fully functional cannon has been mounted on the deck, fixed in the vague direction of a section of outer marina, though only three cannonballs are present, each massive sphere tucked away in the back of the very bottom deck of the ship.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

“H-hum, be careful!” She replied. “Go slowly and, hum, you might want to throw down your stuff first so you don't, you know, get weighted down.

She grabbed her costume. It even came with glittery shoes.

It was bartering. She needed to do this even if she found the idea embarrassing.

...at least, it vaguely fit her style.
Right?
Right.

She moved toward the stairs, her baton stuck in the loop of her leggings as she carried the lump of clothes. The entire outfit was glittery, and she just knew she’d end up with some on top of her. It just felt so tacky. It would totally rub off unto her.

Thinking about that, she bent down to also grab her makeup kit. She needed it to make it count. To escape, she needed to make herself worth the hassle. It was a trade, a clear cut cost-vs-benefit situation.

Even the zero-sum game she was participating had cooperation between the producers and her, and Pippi was going to take advantage of it until she’d be free again.

“See ya’!”

Maybe.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Yeah, I'll - okay! See you in a little bit!"

She watched Pippi disappear below deck.

She leant over the railing and looked straight down, her foot brushing against the cheese wheel as she shifted her weight. It would probably be a safety hazard if she left it up here, but she wasn't really sure how to safely lower it either. It was like a boulder. She must have been, what... sixty feet up? It was high enough that she couldn't tell for sure how high she was. It was also high enough that she'd definitely die if she fell.

She sniffled. Her lip started shaking.

She didn't look at the camera. She wasn't talking to them.

"Noreen."

She stopped for a few seconds.

"It's okay. I know you're okay. They didn't take your grade.

"You don't need to watch this. I don't want you to watch, and I know you're going to do it anyways, but you don't have to.

"You're gonna be okay. You'll - you'll make it through this. You're strong. You'll figure it out.

"I was gonna give you the Jag when I moved out. You can have it. It's fine.

"I'll be okay too. No matter what happens, I'll be okay. I don't think I'm gonna make it out, but - but I'll be okay."

Tears splattered against the deck below.

"You know, how when y-you have something you need to say, l-like really really need to say, a-and you need to say it so badly that you just - it's like any way you can think of saying it just isn't good enough and so you just don't know how to say anything.

"I-I don't know what I'm trying to say. I'm sorry - just -

"There's a page in my sketchbook, the big one.

"You'll understand when you see it."

The tears stopped.

"Okay."

She bent down and started zipping up her backpack. She saw something red and white and familiar. She stopped. There was a white shirt. On the white shirt, there was a red box. On the red box, there were big white block letters in Futura Heavy Oblique font. The letters spelled the word 'Supreme'.

And just like that, Luanne knew why Jewel had responded to Noreen's Warhol tweet, and why she'd been going on about the commodification of art.

The producers had the precision of military strategy.

She zipped up the bag, slung it over both her shoulders, and stuck her feet in through the rigging. Then, she began the long climb down.
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Pippi had been half way through removing her shirt when she heard the terrifying thud and then crack above her.
A small part of her assumed it was nothing, but the rest?

It expected Luanne to be nothing but broken bones.

Pippi looked up at the broken ceiling. There wasn't any blood dripping out.

Good? Bad?

Don't know!

Pippi moved toward the stairs, searched for Luanne around.

She was still tangled in the ropes, floating above Pippi.

"If you need help, holler!" She threw at the girl above as she retreated back under the deck.

The costume was hard to put on, and probably worse to remove. But once it was on, the top was surprisingly comfortable.
Now, she just had to put on the pants.

Yeah.

That's gonna' be harder.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne wasn't a very physical person. Just grabbing onto the rope ladder was hurting her hands. Her shoes weren't very good climbing shoes, and with every rung she went down it felt like they were going to slip off and then she would fall and smash into the floor and break apart like she was Dorothy Hale.

Part of her did want to just let go of the ladder. To just tell the producers 'no, screw you, I know what you're doing and I'm never selling out to you'. But that would be selfish, and there were things more important than her own personal artistic integrity. Plus anyways, artistic integrity was for artists, and while she was pretty sure the producers thought she wanted to be an artist, she wanted to be an art historian.

And so she kept descending, rung by rung. The ladder felt surprisingly stable, and she was glad it wasn't all that windy out. She couldn't imagine how much harder all this would have been with her hair lashing into her face and the ladder swinging around and all that.

Just like that, the boat kind of swayed like it had been hit by a tiny, tiny wave. Pippi probably hadn't felt it down where she was, but all the way up here, far away from the ship's center of gravity, it was like -

- well, it didn't feel great. Luanne was swaying back and forth and she was still maybe fourty feet up and she felt like she was gonna hurl, and she really didn't want to do that because if she did, she'd have to choose between letting go of the ladder with at least one of her hands or vomiting on herself.

So she was trying not to barf, when something big and round quickly flashed through the edge of her vision and smashed into the deck below. At first she thought it had maybe been a bird or something, but then she saw a yellowish-orange wheel-shaped thing laying on the ground and realized that the wave must have rolled the cheese wheel right off of the crowsnest.

Good job Luanne, you almost accidentally killed yourself with a cheese boulder.

She'd barely even flinched.

Okay.

Wait.

Oh fuck. Gosh. She meant Oh gosh. To Pippi, it probably sounded like she'd just, um, you know... died. She didn't want Pippi to think that. That sounded traumatic. She didn't want to traumatize anyone! She wanted to... to help them? To help who she knew she could help within reason.

Because, she had to try, right? It would be wrong to just give up and abandon everything, especially when she had a chance to change... something. Anything, really. Hopefully leave the world, or at least someone's life, better than it had been before she'd arrived.

So she was trying to decide between calling out "I'm okay!" or "That wasn't me!", when she saw Pippi's head poking around the corner of the stairwell (which was really sort of more like, um, a ladderwell, kind of, because for some reason most boats had ladders instead of stairs. Probably because it was really easy to lose balance and fall down a flight of stairs and die if you were sailing on rough seas). Luanne wanted to wave or give a thumbs-up or something, but, you know, she was climbing down a ladder and all that stuff, so yeah.

Still though, it was nice of Pippi to check in on her! She appreciated that.

"Sorry! Thanks! I think I'll be okay!"

She watched as Pippi disappeared back around the corner. There was a pain in her stomach, a little bit like butterflies. She focused on that feeling, and the rest of the descent from the crowsnest was uneventful. Once she had her feet on the ground, she walked over to a storage chest affixed to the deck's surface and sat down. Every so often, she glanced at the cheese-shaped dent in the floor.

If there was anyone else on this boat that she and Pippi didn't know about, they... they would have heard the crash, right? So hopefully that meant that there wasn't anyone still hiding here.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Pippi tied the crop top just above her belly button with a quick knot. Technically, she had fully donned her outfit. She hoped it scored her points that she could use later to barter for more leeway during her escape attempts.

Well.
Hopefully, there'd be only one more so she could drop the act.

Until then, she was Pippi Bloodworth and she was here to rumble.

She moved back up deck with her baton and bag on her arm. She looked fine as is. She would have preferred something with more coverage. There was also technically a swimsuit, but she noted that she would probably need it later.

You know with the point system and all. Swimsuit seemed pretty high up there when it came to fanservice and playing for the producers. As she went up the stairs, she mentally listed what she could do to earn back an attempt.

Team up with Luanne.
Kill Luanne.
Rob Luanne.
Abandon Luanne.

They were the four options she listed, and she abjectively refused the second and the third one. If Pippi could escape, then everyone else could, then that mean she needed to make the least amount of enemies as possible.

She swallowed.
Hard.

Killing was on the table. She wouldn't let herself die if someone attacked her but-

She preferred not to think about it.

She found Luanne sitting on the top of a treasure-looking chest. Pippi smiled. Luanne had made it in one piece and there was something warm buzzing in her chest. She sniffed and remembered she forgot to put on her makeup. She noted to do it later, probably during a monologue. That would totally earn her points.

"So Luanne," she started, "hum, aren't we in a precarious situation?"

She laughed. Drily. Pippi should really work on that.

"I'm going to go explore the island-" she turned around looking at the boats. She saw the cruise ship. She'd head there first. ""Island", you know. Anyways."

"If you wanna' come with me," she smiled genuinely, "it would be great, but no pressure!"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne just sat there waiting for Pippi, staring at the ground with her eyes unfocused while doing her best not to think. Her best wasn't enough. She was still sad. It was sad that this was normal.

It was sad that they could just kidnap children, murder them, and then fucking merchandise them. It was sad that once you were on this show they pretty much owned your likeness without your consent.

They'd bought Luanne and she hadn't even know she was up for sale.

They'd already been trying to build their fucking narrative with Jewel's twitter thing.

Well, Luanne'd oblige. It was the right thing to do in this case - or at least, it had the best end result.

She fiddled with her hair. She was still looking at the ground when she heard Pippi's voice. The other girl asked a question that Luanne was pretty sure was the kind she wasn't supposed to answer (hypothetical question? Or was it rhetorical?), then said she wanted to explore the arena. Then, she offered to let her come with her.

"Um, hm, so - we should stick together, I think, but I think it would probably be safer if we stayed here for now? Like, do we know -"

It was at this point that Luanne looked up.

At first, she had to squint because Pippi was so sparkly that her eyes hurt.

It was at this point that Luanne saw Pippi's outfit. It took her a few seconds to, um, understand what it was.

Pippi was wearing, like, an, um... okay, well, she didn't want to be crass, but she didn't know how to describe it in any way other than as a stripper outfit? Like, a shiny cowgirl outfit where the pants didn't have a seat or a crotch, with like, sort of spandexy undies. It looked like it felt incredibly uncomfortable and dehumanizing to wear. She looked like she belonged at a rave, maybe, or... hm, no. She looked like a poster someone bought in Las Vegas.

Luanne understood why Pippi was wearing it, though she wasn't sure whose terms it was being worn on. She didn't know Pippi at all. She didn't know if she was the kind of person who would be okay with wearing it under normal-ish circumstances.

She gave a sympathy frown. Pippi was smiling, but again, Luanne wasn't sure if she was smiling because she was happy or if she was smiling like Marilyn Monroe.

"- I like your hat? I think, um - do we know if, um - what I mean is I think we should at least take a look around here before we go."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Thanks! It's very iridescent and shiny!" That was her type of thing. The rest of the outfit though? Maybe the top if it covered her stomach, and maybe the pants if it covered her ass and nobody had to see her granny panties through.

Yeah.
She didn't like it.
Not one bit.
But it was a sacrifice she was willing to make.

A pound of flesh she was willing to part from.

"Anyways," she put her fists on her hips, "I really want to explore the island."

Her voice betrayed her frustations. There wasn't much here to do other than wait for someone to come and kill them. There was a cruel lack of technology here, and usually, that was what people needed to escape. They needed ressources, tools, items, keys: things to progress.

It didn't feel like much of those things could be found here.
Maybe a loose cannonball, but Pippi wouldn't carry that.
And maybe cutting a rope-

Oh.

She'd probably need a rope at some point. She nodded.

"Mhm, you're right. I'll stay here for a couple of minutes to find stuff." She tilted her head. "Do you have something sharp? I want to get a piece of rope."

Pippi looked down at the cheese and guffawed.
"That was your weapon, wasn't it?"

She giggled, her genuine smile shining through.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"It was."

Sometimes in the morning, Luanne felt like she was paralyzed, like there was someone sitting on her chest, like she was dying, and even though she was awake her eyes wouldn't open. She felt a little bit like that right now.

She looked down at the ground and fidgeted with her bracelet.

"There's probably scissors or something in the first-aid kits, but I don't think those would be very good at cutting ropes, so..."

She looked back up at Pippi and lifted her hand to block the sun glaring into her eyes.

"...I dunno. There's probably ropes all over the place here, like, keeping the boats from floating away. Or just like, for boat stuff? Or, um, the cruise ship probably has a pool, and that'll probably have a rope we don't need to cut."

She glanced sideways, out into the sea.

Rebellions were good for ratings and they wanted a hit.

"So, I guess I'll just follow you then, if you want to leave."

She looked back at Pippi's face and tried her best to smile. She'd never really been a smiley person, so it just made her feel sort of fake inside.

"I'm not gonna let you hang yourself, though, if that's why you want the rope."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Hang-

"Hang myself?

"You think I-

"No."

She shook her head, her eyes filling up. She wouldn't. She-

Okay maybe.

If she slipped up again,

it would be the equivalent of suicide.

She sniffed.

"No, no, no, you got it wrong, I just... I just need it for

for escaping,

you know?"
She stretched her back.

"Come on, let's find important things! Like... stuff... and things... We need to get you something to defend yourself."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"..."

"Mhm."

"Wait a sec, let me just," she said, sliding her backpack off and swinging it into her lap, then unzipping it and rooting around inside for a moment. Once again, her eyes glanced over the Supreme-brand t-shirt.
[+] To her, it looked like this.
Her hand found something cold and hard and plastic. It felt like a pair of glasses, maybe? She pulled them out. Sunglasses, frames the same color as the lenses, the big fancy kind that had just always sorta been in- fashion for as long as anyone could remember.

Okay.

She put them on, and just like that, her fake smile looked and felt sincere.

She laughed nervously.

"Okay," she said. "Okay. Let's go."

She zipped up the bag, put it back on, planted her feet against the ground, and stood up.

Just like that.

((Luanne Grasset continued in Just what is it that makes today's homes so different, so appealing?))
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Let’s go?”
……...okay.

That was simpler than she expected. She honestly expected Luanne to just rebuke her and then make her way on her own. Thing is, and thing was, Pippi and Luanne were vaguely similar if you ignore the outside appearance and some tricks and quirks of their personalities.

She wondered how much that played in their mutual decision to play together.

A bit for Pippi.
The rest was effectively out of a need for extra hands.
Cutting a rope with a shitty pair of rounded scissors wasn’t easy.

But it was easier than doing it alone.

Return to “Clipper Ship (Danger Zone)”