Say it with Firecrackers!

(PM if you want to join)

A large, old warehouse found between the mess hall and the parish. The corners are covered with cobwebs, and there are a few cracks in the floor showing its age. Mostly emptied of the ores it once held, the warehouse does still contain a table, chairs, assorted empty boxes, nets, and a number of corroded tools.
backslash
Team Affiliation: Shiva's Sirens

Post by backslash »

If the noise of the door had been unpleasantly loud in their stifled panic, the gunshot was unbearable. It didn't quite echo, but it still rattled Sebastien right to the core of his chest and made his ears ring.

He didn't have time to think or plan. "Gogogo, go hide, I'll be right there," he hissed to Kitty, shoving her towards the doorway. He needed to take another look, see what exactly the situation was and what Aaron was doing, if he was hurt, if he had just-

If he had just shot somebody.

A hundred regrets bombarded him as he wound his way back through the crates and shelves to where they had left Aaron, why didn't I ask about his weapon, why didn't I tell him to come with us, I want, I need, if only, and he thought that he was prepared for horror when he emerged into the open again, but then he skidded to a halt next to Aaron and the almost comically small pistol laying nearby, and he caught sight of the comically large pistol that Everett Taylor was now pointing right at Sebastien.

He had the absurd urge to raise his hands over his head, as though he were being arrested.

Hi Scarlett, nice to see you by the way.

There was no healing the hole in Aaron's chest. Even if there had been something that Sebastien could do with the supplies he had here, one look at Aaron's face made it obvious that he was never getting back up again.

It felt like he ought to say something, but he had pretty much completely forgotten how words worked. Turns out that a dead body, which a few minutes ago had been someone you knew from school, was pretty distracting in that way.

Since words no longer existed, Sebastien did the first thing he could think of and kicked Aaron's fallen pistol behind him, out of reach. He had no idea if it was even loaded, but there was one gun pointed at him already and Michael was right there. He wasn't risking Michael Crowe of all people getting his hands on the other.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Aaron dropped, a hole bored through the center of his chest.

Everett's head hurt. His arms hurt. His ears hurt. None of that mattered, though, because Aaron had a hole in his chest.

He stared at the pool of blood slowly forming from beneath the fallen boy. He'd shot him. He'd shot him and he couldn't take it back no matter how much he wanted to, no matter how much he needed to. Tears began to quietly drop from his eyes.

He'd fucked up. He'd really fucked up.

"You.... You killed him...."

That was Scarlett.

"Yeah..."

"He's.... dead...?"

"Y-Yeah..."

Everything was done. Everything was ruined. He couldn't do this anymore. This couldn't happen again.

Suddenly, another boy. Everett was still frozen, both his eyes and his gun pointed towards Aaron's corpse. The boy kicked something away from Aaron, probably his gun. Sebastien. It was Sebastien. Sebastien had Aaron's gun now. Everett didn't care anymore

Everett made eye contact with the boy, slowly aiming the gun down. He tried to say something, but all that came out was a choked gasp. He slid the gun into his pants pocket and slowly moved to a kneeling position. He raised his arms into the air and stared down at the ground.

"I..."
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Michael got up around the same time Scarlett had, and looked behind him. Aaron was on the floor, and it was clear he was done for.

Fuck done for, his ass was dead. For a moment, Michael had felt relief, but it was gone as soon as it came. Scarlett was shaken by it, he could hear Everett outside, he was shaken by it.

Michael had gotten a good look around the building, and outside of Aaron, there was no trace of anything wrong. No bodies but Aaron's, no blood but Aaron's, no signs of struggles but Aaron's.

He decided to walk forward toward's Aaron's corpse. Maybe he wasn't dead yet, maybe Michael could've asked him why'd he have to lie. Why'd he have to pretend that he was hiding something, what was he hiding? What the fuck was that noise?

He got his answers when a figure walked past the boxes and stared at the group. He looked at them like he was horrified, like it was their fault. He kicked Aaron's gun behind him, like they were gonna take it and murder him.

He thought they were the bad ones. Sebastien thought they were the bad ones. Michael's grip on his chain tightened. He kept staring at him like it was his fault.

"Quit fucking looking at me..."

It wasn't his goddamn fault.

"You hear me you dumb motherfucker?! I said quit fucking looking at me like that!"

Aaron tried to hide shit that didn't even matter, his dumb ass got himself killed. He knew they were armed, he fucking knew. He still pulled a gun anyways. They were fucking honest with him, and he pulled that shit, he had nobody to blame but himself. It wasn't his fault, it wasn't their fault, it was Aaron's fault.

"Why the fuck didn't you speak up, huh?! We were fucking honest with you, and you pulled that shit on us!"

The more and more he looked back between Sebastien and Aaron, the more the whole situation pissed Michael off. That dumb fuck look mixed with the dead fuck look just made him angrier and angrier.

"What the fuck were you trying to hide?! What was so fucking worth it that you pulled that stupid shit?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

Michael wasn't even yelling at Sebastien anymore at this point, his focus had turned to the figure that used to be Aaron.

"You fucking retarded idiot fuck! You goddamn brain-dead idiot! You got yourself killed for no fucking reason you stupid fucking bitch! You knew we were armed goddamnit! What'd you think would happen when you pointed a gun at us, huh? You stupid shit, you died for nothing! You got yourself killed for no fffffucking reason!"

Anything could've been in that building. Aaron and Sebastien could've been hiding bodies, they could've had some soon to be victim bound and gagged right then and there. Aaron acted like he was hiding something, and Michael wanted to find out what. He wasn't the bad guy here. When it turned out to be nothing at all, it just made the whole situation worse. That was the part that got Michael the hardest.

Aaron's death was completely fucking pointless. All he did was fuck himself up for what? What was the thing he was trying to hide? That there were more people in the building? No shit there were, Michael heard the voices, but why'd he lie? What the fuck did he have to hide? His gaze turned back to Sebastien. Why the fuck didn't he show up sooner? If Aaron was such a good friend of his, why didn't he try to help? Why didn't he try to diffuse the situation, Scarlett was even looking for him! No, he shows up just in time to stare at him like he's the bad guy, as if that's all he's good at. The hypocrite just sat there and stared, and that was the fucking cherry on top of this fecal matter and rotting carcass sundae.

"I thought I told you to quit fucking looking at me like that, what are you fucking deaf?! Are you brain dead like Aaron here?! Do basic fucking words not work or something?! Where the fuck were you huh?"
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
MethodicalSlacker
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

The screeching stopped and she was shoved out into the sunlight, stumbling over herself as her shoes slipped under her and she caught herself from falling.

One form of blinding light replaced the other, though now this kind was no longer just in her head.

She had made it out.

Into the open.

A wide, spacious place. A warm place. The light was now white, not red. It poured over her, bathing her in its comfort.

She couldn't help but smile softly, a tightly held grin and relief that she was now safe, a safe feeling that persisted exactly the amount of time between her making her way outside and the sound of gunshots reaching her ears.

A safety that was torn to pieces by curiosity, and shock, and terror, but most plainly a morbid curiosity that turned her head and opened her eyes.

Voices echoed out from the metal tomb, though whether one had been shot was unclear. Seb had made his way in there, but she wasn't sure if any of the voices were his, from out here.

Kitty thought of how it must have sounded, being on the other side of the front door, when the screeching started, or when she tripped over her chair.

It got dark all of a sudden, and Kitty looked up. She expected to see a cloud; instead, her feet had carried her back into the warehouse. Her bag and her wrench had been left out right in the doorway, no time to retrieve them before Seb shoved her away. Kitty bent down and picked up the wrench, stuffing it in her pocket. Shelves blocked her view of what was going down in the middle of the room, but she could pick out the vague shapes of four people and the light from the open door. A soft breeze stirred her hair, a wind current running from one opening to the other. Kitty became weightless, everything inside of her fluttering like moths around a light bulb going dark, now looking for some other source, some other beacon, pulling her every which way. The wind just goes and blows her, now, out from behind the rows of shelves, out of safety. Tip-toeing around the side, standing in the open, in the light, seeing the others, seeing all.

Seeing who wasn't there with them anymore.

It got cold, all of a sudden. It must have, because now Kitty was shivering. Trembling, even. Her heart was beating like a bass drum dream, floating out her ears, a wrench beating on the inside of her wooden forehead. Wood that could sweat. Wood that could erupt in fever. Her hands shook like a train wreck, her grip on the wrench tightening. They were the first to go, the trembling grabbing her like a nerve gas meltdown. Blood drained from her face, seemingly leaking onto the floor, transplanted into the growing pool on the floor in front of her. Her throat felt like it was tightening. It came gradually. It came in three seconds. She was out of control now. Kitty was boxed in. Trapped. Confined. Cramped. Caught.

"Guh," she managed, before stumbling back and slamming into a couple of boxes, tripping on an already overturned shelf, falling onto her ass and hitting her head as she went.
Eaten By The Worms || And Weird Fishes
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

⁸SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST TTRPG V0.5 CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Mariko Whitney, the Marquise of Whimsy
Team: Jewel's Leviathans
Level: 3
Odds: Midgame
Role: Undeclared
Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.
EXP: 75/100

Rogue's Gallery (Stat-Sheet):
Guts: 7 (-2)
- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
Pluck: 12 (+1)
- Acrobatics (Proficiency Bonus +1)
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
Iron: 13 (+2)
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
Moxie: 8 (-1)
- Conversation
- Performance (Proficiency Bonus +1) [Topic Bonus: Tap-Dancing]
- Team Spirit
Wiles: 12 (+1)
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
Placidity: 10 (+/- 0)
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
Brains: 14 (+2)
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
Sleuthing: 11 (+/- 0)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette
Luck: 18 (+4)
Perception: 10 (+/- 0)

Health Points:
Total: 80/80 (8d8 from Limb Total)
Head: 8/8 (1d8)
Torso: 8/8 (1d8)
Left Arm: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Arm: 8/8 [Bandaged] (1d8)
Left Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Right Leg: 8/8 (1d8)
Mental: 6/8 (1d8) [Wounded I]
Social: 7/8 (1d8)
Blood: 800/800
Afflictions: [None]
Hunger: 7/8
Thirst: 4/8
Stress Counter: [8888888888888888] Unlucky Br8ak!!!!!!!!

Armor Points: 3
Head Armor: Top Hat (+1)
Torso Armor: Black Leviathans Tank-Top (+1)
Left Arm: Team Bandana (+0)
Left Gauntlet: Black Glove
Right Gauntlet: Black and Red-Flecked Glove
Leg Armor: Blue Denim Jeans (+1)
Footwear: Sneakers (+0)

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-
MP: 0/0 [Who are you kidding, Magic Is Fake As Shit!!!!!!!!!]

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Saki Ika Dried Squid (0.25/1)
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Oyster Crackers (1.75/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Flashlight w/ Batteries
- Condom (1/1)
- First Aid Kit (Opened, minus three bandages and some gauze tape):
- "No More Mr. Dice Guy" Graphic Tee
- Red Mohegan Sun T-Shirt
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Bio: [See Profile]
Skills:
Light Footwork
+1 to Evasion rolls on actions making use of legs.
Heavy Focus
Option to defer a turn on Sleuth rolls in exchange for a +2 bonus.
Burdens:
Weak Arms
-1 to Guts rolls involving arms.
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
3. Insult on top of Injury
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Hedgehog's Dilemma: -1 to skill checks made for social interactions.

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was still staring at Aaron's corpse - body - as everything was happening around her and she couldn't really hear what they were saying. Even though, she had seen Mr. Dolph die in front of everyone beforehand; just seeing one of her students dead in front of her was making her feel numb on the inside. She also felt sick to her stomach. She couldn't stop staring at Aaron. Hoping he was just open his eyes and laugh, saying that it was a terrible prank that he had been playing on all on them. She knew that was not the case. She knew that he was dead and gone. And there was nothing that they could do to do to bring him back.

She was snapped out of it when she heard someone knocking things over and she blinked a few times. Her focus went onto Michael and Sebastien for a moment. She didn't like what was happening. She didn't want anyone else to end up dying. They had to leave. Even if she didn't want to leave Sebastien and the other person behind. She couldn't forgive herself for what had happened. She was the one who started this mess that ended up with Aaron dying because of simply knocking on the door.

Scarlett inhaled and exhaled a few breathes to calm her nerves. She needed to have a level-minded head. She had to make Michael calm down and Everett was possibly wrecked with guilt. It was her fault that he had to kill someone because of her own recklessness.

She got up to her feet and she stepped closer to Michael, staring over at Sebastien with guilt written all over her face. "Sebastien, this is all my fault. I should have just left without making myself and these guys known. It's my fault that Aaron is dead and I am so, so sorry." She said, while she was choking up and she felt a tear roll down her cheek. "I wish that things hadn't ended up this way. I think the best thing that we can do is leave you and your friend alone so that you can take care of.... of.... Aaron."

She glanced up at Michael's face. Hoping that he would take the hint and follow along with her.

"We don't need any more trouble, Michael. Please, let's go."
backslash

Post by backslash »

There was too much going on around him. Sebastien's throat was tight, his heart pounding, a cold, sick knot tightening in the pit of his stomach. Kitty stumbling back in after him and collapsing was just the icing on the cake, but at least it spurred him to move, tearing his gaze away from Michael and Aaron and quickly backpedaling to Kitty's side to kneel and examine her head.

"Somebody's already died in here," he forced out, not looking back up at Michael. "We just got here and there's blood on the ground, there's been a fight and someone was hurt bad, and then you show up outside yelling- gosh, sorry that we didn't go 'wow, we better go have a chat with the guy who beats the shit out of someone every other week!'" His voice cracked. He was pissed and terrified and sick with guilt all at once.

A few minutes and a misunderstanding. That's all it took for someone he knew at school to be reduced to a sack of meat and bones. And sure, maybe the same was technically true every single day of real life, but-

But this was real life now, and Sebastien and his classmates were holding each other's lives in their hands when just the day before their most pressing concern had been passing chemistry and who was kissing whom after school.

Scarlett spoke up, watery and full of apologies. Sebastien still didn't know why she had been looking for him. Now wasn't the right time to ask.

"Yeah," he agreed shortly, voice tight. "I think you should go. I'll take care of Kitty and- and Aaron."

So much for trust and alliances, safety in numbers.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Nobody used Aaron's gun to shoot Everett. Nobody did anything to Everett.

Michael was yelling, being a hypocrite, just doing regular Michael stuff. Everett slowly dropped his arms back to his sides. Some other girl popped around the corner and fell on her head. Everett just ignored her.

Scarlett wanted to leave and Sebastien wanted them to leave, so the logical conclusion was that they would be leaving, abandoning Sebastien and whoever else was still in here.

"Okay..."

He slowly stood back up.

"Just, uh, before we go, I've got one thing to say." He squeezed his eyes shut, holding back tears. "T-There isn't one person here who hasn't fucked up today. Everyone in this building killed Aaron." He took a breath in. "N-Now, I will admit that I'm the most at fault here right now, but..." He sighed. "We can't afford to act like this anymore. We need to be smart about what we're doing. We have to realize our actions have repercussions. We can't let this game get to us, and we can't let this happen again."

He gulped.

"I'm sorry I did this."

Everett shook his head and exhaled softly. "If you want to follow me, you can."

He turned around and walked out the door.

((Everett Taylor continued in a burny place, probably.))
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [But you're waking a monster that will drive you from your hoary halls of gold, and your body will get cold. And we don't waste time with love. It's just death from above.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

So this was it then? They just shot someone and now they were gonna leave. What in the fuck was the point of this shit? Aaron was... Well Aaron was fucking dead, why? Why in the fuck did he pull out the gun?! Why didn't he just tell the damn truth.

"Fucking shit..."

Michael's hands lost their grip on his chain as they moved to the back of his head as the adrenaline wore down, as the shock of the situation left, as the realization of what just happened finally hit him. He took a step back and looked at Aaron as he heard the others talk around him.

They killed his ass. Plain and simple, he died, and it was all for no reason. That was the worst part. It was all done pointlessly, he didn't have to die, but he did, and Everett was right. It was all their faults that it happened.

Scarlett was right, Everett was right... They should leave, now. He bent over and picked his chain back up. "Fuck this, maaaan..." He had to get out of here, he couldn't stay here any longer. He moved back to his shield and picked it up, he was gonna follow Everett out.

Speaking of Everett, where the fuck did he go? "Shit, Everett wait up!"

Michael left quickly, following the trail the group got here on, the same one that lead back to the docks. Fuck, where'd he go?! He fucking disappeared...

Michael diverged off of the path, trying to find any trace of him, Scarlett, or anyone familiar in particular. He heard movement behind some bushes and turned past a nearby tree.

He saw a familiar face, but it wasn't one he wanted to find. A second later and he was knocked out cold, the only remains that he was there in the first place was his targe he left behind...

((Michael Crowe continued elsewhere?))
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
MethodicalSlacker

Everything hurt, but at least her shivers were subsiding. Hitting her head must have done her some good, Kitty reasoned as she slowly managed to sit up. It could have easily knocked some sense into her. She grabbed for Seb's wrist to pull herself up, but missed, getting the air instead.

She resigned herself to sitting up, getting a good look at Aaron's mangled body, clothes soaking, a puncture wound gone straight through his chest, eyes closed by gravity, crimson judgement passed by the stars above. Unseen forces carried the blood further and further out, painting the ground, Guernica colorized, iron and decay wafting up into the air, rotting that she caused, though once she settled her eyes on the hazy remains she felt strangely absolved of any kind of blame. This had nothing to do with her. This was an error. A mistake. Blame could not be placed.

As others scattered, Kitty saw on their faces and heard in their words that they had no idea whose fault it was. The blame was placed either on Aaron, for his own death, or on the collective group, for not speaking up. A cage, thrown in a washing machine, rattling itself to death on the curb, the metal cage coming out intact save for the door, flung off in the confusion. An apt metaphor. A grisly conclusion. Kitty felt innocent.

"Own up to it."

Hmm? Did she hear something?

Kitty shook her head back and forth, welcoming herself back into reality. She glanced around the room, and at whoever was still there.

"I'm sure it was quick," she offered, the color still not quite returned to her face.
[+] SOTF TV3
Jodi Hunter: Trying not to cause any ripples in the water. Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2, Flotilla-3, Flotilla-4, Flotilla-5
Mariko Whitney: Ready to roll the dice. Pregame-1, Flotilla-1, Flotilla-2⁸, Flotilla-3,
Flotilla-4

Bucket List:
Observe as much gameplay as possible. Take notes on gameplay. Encourage specific gameplay scenarios.
Escape alive and intact.

- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
- Conversation
- Team Spirit
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Encyclopedia (Topic Bonuses: Tabletop Games +2, Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels +2, Survival of the Fittest +1)
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette

Health Points:

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Condom (1/1)
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Tap-Dancer's Outfit: One sleeveless faux-leather jacket, black high-waisted dancing shorts, tights, and one pair of tap-dancing shoes.
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
- Greener Harpoon Gun {48 .38 Caliber Blanks, Four Rope Lines, and Three Heads Remaining}
Pockets:
- n/a

Skills:
Light Footwork
Heavy Focus
Burdens:
Weak Arms
Vile Tongue
Every eight instances of dialogue (back-and-forth talking with other players/NPCs), roll 1d8. Mariko makes an offhand comment with rudeness inversely proportional to the absolute value of the number rolled—
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
Image - Cybil Price: "I've been waiting for this." Anouncement Day, Arena-1, Arena-2, Arena-3, Arena-4, The Rescue, After-1, After-2
[+] Second Chances V2
Image - Katie 'Kitty' Gittschall: "I'm guessing that you want to win, right?" Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was still in a bit of a daze over Aaron dying at Everett's hands and she was wrecked with the feeling of guilt. Her heart was feeling heavy and she was still feeling so down.

She glanced beside herself and noticed that Michael and Everett had already left. Her eyes widened in surprise and she realised that she should catch up with them. She glanced down at the shield that Michael had left behind. She had to take it with her to give it back to him. The three of them had to stick together. They were a trio.

She put her icepick into her bag and then she picked up the shield with her free hands. Then she rushed outside of the warehouse without looking back. She couldn't look back.

"Guys? Wait for me!"

She couldn't see either of the boys. But she had to find them. Somehow.

((Scarlett McAfee continued elsewhere))
backslash

Post by backslash »

Michael said some more things, and so did Everett. Sebastien ignored both of them, and a few moments and eternity later, the warehouse was quiet again.

"Hey," he said quietly to Kitty as she came to and sat up. She offered her condolences, such as they were. Sebastien could have responded with statistics, how long it takes to bleed out, how the brain can survive without oxygen and what sort of neurological activity takes place as you die.

He kept it to himself. Care for the dead, but take care of the living.

Sebastien was still alive, and Kitty was still alive, and though the world was ending all around them they had to make something of it.

Aaron's discarded gun was laying nearby, and Sebastien picked it up. It was unloaded. He looked at it for what felt like a long time before slipping it into his hoodie pocket and turning back to Kitty.

"Here- sit there, and I'll..."

His gaze drifted back to Aaron and the hole in his chest.

"...I'll figure out what to do for him."

Aaron was still warm of course, his limbs heavy and limp. Sebastien dragged him back through the rows of crates and shelves to a corner of the building, leaving a bloody smear in his wake. He was winded by the time he reached the wall and had to rest doubled over for a minute, hands braced on his knees. Once he recovered, he was able to lift Aaron enough again to slip his jacket off and lay it over his face. Maybe it wasn't all that different than doing nothing at all, but it felt better than just leaving him in the middle of the floor.

He followed the blood trail back to Kitty with an uncomfortable prickling at the back of his neck. He decided to be glad that he wasn't an excessively imaginative person. Reality was bad enough right now.

With Aaron now covered and out of sight, Sebastien crouched next to Kitty again. "How do you feel?" He kept his voice low and nearly succeeded in keeping it even as well.
MethodicalSlacker

The other girl was gone now. Kitty watched her leave, a nameless form slipping through the door. She also watched Seb drag Aaron's lifeless body over to the side of the room and cover him up, trailing some blood along the way. Kitty nodded as he did so, silent approval. As he walked back over, Kitty had found her way out of the tangle of the shelf. She still sat as if she was stuck inside, but she had wiggled and twisted and found the right combination of moves to get out. Seb asked if she was doing alright, and she stared him in the face, unsure of what to say.

"He deserves words."

Kitty twitched. There was something buzzing in her ear.

"It hurts," she said, "my head, I mean, and my back and whatever, but I think I'll be okay."

She took another glance over at Aaron's body, quietly surprised by her own calm.

"You can start leaving," she found herself saying, "I'd like to say something to him before we go. I can catch up"
[+] SOTF TV3
Flotilla-4

Bucket List:
Escape alive and intact.

- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
- Conversation
- Team Spirit
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette

Health Points:

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Condom (1/1)
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
Pockets:
- n/a

Skills:
Light Footwork
Heavy Focus
Burdens:
Weak Arms
Vile Tongue
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
[+] Second Chances V2
backslash

Post by backslash »

As good an answer as any he was going to get, Sebastien supposed. Was that twice now that Kitty had hit her head today? He wasn't sure if she had, the first time she had fallen down. Balance seemed to be something of an issue with her. Maybe she had some kind of inner-ear thing going on.

"Okay," he said. He wasn't wild about the idea of leaving her alone, even for a few minutes - he probably ought to keep a closer eye on her from now on - but she wanted privacy to say her goodbyes and that wasn't the kid of thing Sebastien wanted to intrude on. "I'll be right outside. Yell if you need anything."

He shouldered his bag and then did the same with Aaron's in lieu of rifling through the contents. Carrying two bags would be a pain, but putting all the weight in one wouldn't be any better.

Putting off the looting kept him from having to look for ammo for the pistol for a while.

There was no sign of Scarlett or the other two when he stepped outside. Sebastien took in a deep breath of fresh air, staring blankly at the surrounding scenery as he waited, trying to see something besides... anything he had just been looking at, really.

When Kitty joined him again and they started walking, they didn't have a direction.

((Sebastien Bellamy continued elsewhere))
MethodicalSlacker

Seb walked out the front door. Once he was out of sight, Kitty slowly pulled herself out of the wreck she had caused. She took a step back and observed all that she had done here. There was enough doubt in her head that she could lift the shelves that she decided not to try, instead opting to step around them, making her way around the back of the room. There, she picked up her bag with some difficulty. Kitty wasn't sure that she had remembered it feeling so heavy, given what was inside. Stumbling back and forth, she tried her hardest to avoid colliding with any more furniture, before eventually winding up with her two feet planted just inches away from the side of the body.

Though it was covered by a jacket, Kitty felt as if the body was staring at her, boring a hole in her skull. She stood there for a moment, gently swaying back and forth like a tree in the wind, blown about by a stronger wind current than earlier, unsure what to say.

"Uh," she said, reaching up to scratch the back of her head.

The corpse did not move.

"You were...good?" Kitty offered up. In all honesty, she had not planned out this far.

The corpse still did not move. Kitty gave the body a light tap with her foot. The feeling of its weight shifting back and forth, the torso still full of fluid despite how much had leaked out all over the place, almost made her throw up.

"Show some more compassion."

Again, with the buzzing! She swatted at the air around her ears, looking to swat whatever human-sounding fly was messing with her. The corpse was already starting to draw in bugs, she concluded, taking a few steps away from Aaron, right through a still-wet blood trail. Looking down at her shoes with even more dread, she tried rubbing the blood off on the floor. This managed to get some of the more watery blood off, but stains remained, streaking her white shoes red. She turned to go, making to follow Seb out the door and towards whatever cramped and confined space they'd watch another perfectly normal guy get ripped to pieces in.

But as she walked closer to the exit, she turned her head, and caught another glimpse of Aaron, and found herself sighing and walking back towards him. She looked over his body for a few more seconds, even more sure that she was unsure what it was she'd be saying.

It wasn't entirely her choice to be standing there. Whatever had been guiding her feet had been guiding them into the wrong place, and yet, it was not altogether unfamiliar.

"Thanks," she said finally, almost (almost) out of obligation, her shoulders slouching as she turned away.

With that, she walked out into the sun, ignoring the increasingly loud and angry buzzing in her ears, and met with Sebastien, and off they went.

[Kitty Gittschall continued in Void of Course.]
[+] SOTF TV3
Flotilla-4

Bucket List:
Escape alive and intact.

- Brawling
- Construction
- Athletics
- Subterfuge
- Firearms
- Pain Threshold
- Evasive Maneuvers
- Resist Fatigue
- Conversation
- Team Spirit
- Deception
- Persuasion
- Intimidation
- Reaction Speed
- Willpower
- Fight-or-Flight
- Tactics
- Investigation
- Survivalism
- Insight
- Etiquette

Health Points:

Magic:

Spell List:
-
-
-
-

Duffel Bag:
- Rations:
- Seaweed Snacks (2/3)
- Tuna Sandwich (1/1)
- Bread (2 Loaves/2)
- Drinking Water (2.5/4)
- Life Savers (2/2)
- Gatorade (1.75/2)
- Rum Shot (0/1)

- Arena Map
- Sextant
- Condom (1/1)
- Black Track Pants
- Black Two-Piece Bikini
- Black Leviathans Towel

Hands:
Pockets:
- n/a

Skills:
Light Footwork
Heavy Focus
Burdens:
Weak Arms
Vile Tongue
8. Uneasy Compliment
7. Ambiguous Statement
6. Playful Jab
5. Backhanded Serve
4. Ego Bruise
2. Salt their Wounds
1. Salt the Earth

Wound:

Teammates:
Seth...

Allies:
Kamille

Enemies:
Gabriela, Seo-Yun

????:
Leslie, Ivan, Mandy

[+] Program V3 Prologue
[+] Second Chances V2

Return to “The Old Warehouse”