Murder: Often A Regrettable Action.

Open, I guess.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh also day 2

To the south of the mess hall lies the ruins of what must have once been some form of barracks or living facility.The building, however, has been gutted by fire, leaving only ashes and blackened timber—the result of improper safety precautions in storage of explosives that eventually led to the abandonment of the entire island as an unsafe workplace. The building was clearly rather large, with the wreckage indicating a number of distinct rooms. The entire place is quietly ominous, a situation not helped by the fact that the layout of the ruins makes it impossible to keep an eye on the entirety of the surroundings at once.
Kermit

Murder: Often A Regrettable Action.

Post by Kermit »

((Continued from a murdery place.))

Nobody followed Everett away from the warehouse. Just as well, he guessed; nobody'd be around to fuck things up.

After a cursory glance at his map, he decided to head west, towards the ruins. He figured nobody else'd be there, all sooty and smoky. Again glancing behind himself, hoping to see Scarlett or maybe even Michael, he headed out.

As night began to fall, Everett found himself stumbling upon a small grove of trees. He shrugged to himself. Fuck it, why not spend the night, right? He wandered over to a tree, the trunk thick enough for him to rest against. He slumped down.

Yup. This was gonna be it, wasn't it? He was going to die here—Everybody was going to die here, and that would be that. He sighed.

He laid his head back, staring up at the sky. It was getting pretty chilly out. He looked back down. Oh, right, he was wearing a blazer. It'd probably help to button it up, maybe.

As the sun began to set, he stared off into the distance. He still had four bullets left in the gun; one used to save a life, one used to take a life. Four bullets would probably be fine for now. He wasn't planning on getting into any massive shootouts in the next few hours.

It was dark now. Everett couldn't see anything but the dark night sky and the stars that inhabited it. It was one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. You'd never see the sky like this back in Denton; too much light pollution. A smile formed on his face as he began to softly weep. It would never get better. Everything'd be downhill from now on.

This would be a long night.

He didn't sleep. No, he spent most of his time contemplating. Contemplating everything. Before this, he'd never really had the chance to think about anything but the present. There had been just too much shit going on, no time to think.

But now? Now he had all the time in the world and nothing to distract him from his thoughts.

He thought about Aaron, how he was probably telling the truth about his name, and how no matter how much Everett wanted to, he couldn't take it back. About Aaron's family and how he hoped that they would forgive him. About his own family, about mom and dad, Steve and Owen, and how he hoped they were doing okay. He thought about death. He thought about death a lot.

The announcements snapped him out of his self-imposed mental prison. Man, things were about to get a whole lot shittier, weren't they?

Huh, so apparently there'd been a whole lot of murder. Everett wished that surprised him.

First death was Richard. Everett was okay with that. Apparently, he'd been killed by Will fucking Lohman, which was legitimately shocking to Everett. Oh, and then Will died. This place was hell.

Somebody named Sophie choked Jeanette Buendia to death. It might've been a mercy killing, might've been a malicious act; Microphone fucker was being vague.

Yasmin Carrol had her legs chopped off by Katarina Konipaski or something. Whatever had happened, it involved legs.

One of the sports guys, Jay Harland, had stuck a cleaver in Lyndi something's head. Unpleasant. Bridgette stabbed Panya in the neck. Again, this turn of events didn't exactly fill Everett with sorrow.

Vincent had drowned in the tar pits. That sounded like an exceedingly unpleasant way to go.

Finally, Aaron was up. Everett didn't need to know any more about that. On the bright side, microphone man had straight-up said it'd been a misunderstanding, so people probably wouldn't think Everett was a psycho. Hopefully.

The cabin was announced as a no-go. Alright then.

It sounded like all the murders—sans Aaron—were melee kills. That was good; the people who were playing all had short-range weapons. Never bring a knife to a gunfight, right?

Well, that was that, then. He slowly stood up, cracking his back. There wasn't any reason to stay here now, so he decided to continue his journey to the ruins.

The rest of the trek was completely uneventful, which was a pretty pleasant surprise.

A dark shape appeared over the horizon. Upon further examination, it wasn't just a dark shape—it was a burnt-out wall. Great. Fucking finally.

He traveled closer to the ruins. There was a chance somebody was here, and so the revolver was taken out of the bag, finding its place in Everett's hand.

He looked around, eyes surveying the desolate ruins of something that had could've once brought people joy, or maybe at least comfort.

"Alright..."
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

The pain in her eye had subsided. It was gone, she didn't know if it was because of the shock, but she felt like her eye and the area around it was numbing. She still shallowed two unknown pills that she assumed were painkillers, finished her first water bottle and walked away from the tunnel.

She wondered how her eye looked like, probably horrible. Not like anyone one would know, Tina bandaged it and made herself an eyepatch with the gauze. She didn't see pus so she assumed it was better than nothing. Well, nothing would be better but the poor is she'd rather have a fucked eye than an infected fucked up eye.

Her eye was a weakness now, and she often found herself pointing her head toward the right to compensate. She hated it. Anybody could take advantage of it, and she hated herself to let Kyran and Nat go. She had to kill them too now, they knew of her injury probably. She had to kill everyone who knew.

Footsteps.

Gun in hand, smoke in the other, she stared.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yup. This place sure was...burnt? Everett wasn't really sure what he was expecting. Oh well, he'd chosen to come here for whatever reason. Might as well stay.

He walked up to the wall. Carbonized and carmelized. He placed his hand up to the wall, letting the soot transfer from the wall to palm. He wiped his hand along his leg, trying to remove the ash. It mostly worked.

He looked down at his shoes and sighed. He could probably find a metaphor in all of this if he tried hard enough.

Why was he even here? Why was he still alive? What had he done to deserve living over Aaron, or even anyone else who'd died so far? The only reason he was still alive was, well, it was because he was still alive. Maybe he had some kind of hope that there would be a rescue, or maybe he thought he'd be able to go home after this was all done and over with. He didn't know. Maybe it was just because he wasn't actively feeling like dying at the moment.

Well, at least Scarlett and Michael were probably doing okay. Shit, for that matter he hoped Sebastien and head-trauma girl were doing alright. Even Blaine—he hadn't been on the announcement, so that was good, probably.

Everett stared at the crumbling wall. He didn't really know what else he was supposed to do. Maybe mope around somewhere else around here. Yeah, that sounded like it'd do for now. Fuck it, maybe Scarlett and Michael had followed him after all, and were around somewhere.

He knew that was probably a pipe dream, though.

He turned and walked around the corner-oh, there was a girl here. She really didn't look like she'd had a fun time so far. There might've been a bandage wrapped around her head, but he couldn't really make much out.

He raised the gun up and pointed it towards the girl. He hadn't cocked the gun; he didn't really want to. Not another Aaron. Not this time.

"Hi." he muttered.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Smoke escaped her body, blowing it abruptly toward Everett. She shook her right hand, letting the ashes from her cigarette spread in the ashes that was this burnt building. She stood, her gun still pointed toward the gun.

She didn't know him, he probably didn't know her. She didn't care, she raised the cigarette to her lips and, like a dragon, let the smoke escape through her nostrils. Tina looked at his weapon, a gun. She wondered how many people on this island had guns, there were at least four people with guns and probably more. Her gun was small, she wanted a bigger and better one. Nat's or Kyran's would do, Everett's wouldn't.

She threw her cancer stick to the side and cocked her head.

"Hi."

Despite her body telling her not to do it, she stood up straight. She was as tall as she could be, with her arm perpendicular to her body, pointing her opponent. She could kill him, right there. Yet, going against her brain, she didn't. She squinted her eyes, even the one under the bandage, and considering pulling the trigger.

Her mouth itched to say more but Tina didn't decide if she would yet. There were many questions on her lips, running on her flesh, giving her electric shocks on her back. She had to know, and it was the only thing that mattered.

"Have you seen-"

A Luz or Blaine Eno? She didn't know, she used her gut.

"Blaine Eno?"

If there was a Luz here, they were dead. They might have not been on the announcement, but they died the second they went inside the school bus that became their one-way ticket here. Tina decided she wouldn't care about them. They were dead and she had mourned them. That's it, that's all.

"If yes, where? If no, please leave."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

It became apparent to Everett that the girl'd been puffing a smoke. Hell of a place to take a smoke break, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

She reciprocated Everett's threat and reciprocated Everett's greeting. Well, at least if bandage girl shot him now, it'd be quick.

He really hadn't planned on getting into a standoff today. He sighed.

Had he seen Blaine Eno? Boy, had he ever seen Blaine Eno.

"Yeah."

He nodded his head, maintaining eye contact.

"Shipping Yard. Why?"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"I got to kill this bitch."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Okay."

Blaine sure made himself a lot of enemies, hadn't he?

"Two questions: First: Why? Second: If he did something to you, how fucked up was his face when he did it?"
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Zubin Wadia continued from Red or Dead))

So it had come to this. People were killing each other and his gun had become necessary. And that was on top of who was in the announcements.

Sophie took out Jeanette, Jay took out Lyndi, Bridgette took out Panya. FUCK.

And I have nothing to write with!

Zubin shook his head. If he had to have a gun, at least it was one large enough to likely scare off everyone else in the game. It could give him some time to set up a perimeter, or figure out his Plan A, or figure out how to broach Plan M.

Everyone will take everything seriously.

So now he needed allies. Allies who could fill in the blank spots and help him figure something out, whatever that something was. Hopefully it could be at least one of the two people he saw in front of him. When he squinted, he could make out a gun being held by at least one of them. It was at least a good thing that the gun had a strap hooked onto it - at least he could keep it at hand in some manner when he did this.

"Uh ... hi. I come in peace?" Zubin raised his hands above his head. At least nobody could say that he didn't intend to hurt anybody.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Tina got what she wanted: the last potential known location of Blaine Eno. That could be a wrong answer but it gave her a clue about where Blaine could be. The guy had his own question, however, and she answered them in quick and brief succession.

"None of your business, and I saw him two times: first he looked fine then second time he looked like he had a broken nose and blood on his face and had a bullet hole in his shoulder."

She shallowed, staring at Everett. She could have lied but she didn't. She earned nothing by telling the truth but she'd rather be honest than anything else.

"I assume you did his face?"

She didn't have to wait long for an answer, but it didn't come from the point in front of her.

Another guy came by, he ha a full grown mustache and looked like he was in his mid-twenties. Tina couldn't really place his face somewhere but she remembered seeing him at a school meeting where her sister went. Yeah, she took a picture of herself and he was in the background. He could be class president or a leader of club, she didn't know anything else.

He had a strap on his chest, and the barrel of a big gun. She didn't want that gun, it looked like it might bruise her if she pulled the trigger. She looked at him, then look at Everett then back at Zubin.

"We're busy."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Tina was partially right; whether or not it was Everett's business all hinged on Tina's next answer.

And so it was his business after all. Blaine'd gotten out from the barrel somehow, done something bad enough to warrant being shot, and done something bad enough to warrant being a murder-target. They should've just shot him while he was in the barrel.

"I assume you did his face?"

Everett shrugged as best he could while pointing a revolver at someone's head. "Kind of. He's not at the shipping yard anymore, I don't think."

A boy, a voice. It came in peace, apparently. Everett slowly turned to face the boy. The revolver was pointed at the other male now. It was Zubin, something strapped to his back.

Tina said they were busy, which was technically true. Everett said nothing, staring into Zubin's eyes, uncocked revolver aimed at the boy's head.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Tina looked back to Everett.

Tina looked at his gun.

Tina tiptoed.

Tina ran away.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

A flash of movement from the corner of his eye. The girl, she was running. Probably off to go kill Blaine.

He couldn't let her do it alone. Blaine was his responsibility now and had been ever since he'd been stuffed in a barrel. Whatever Blaine had done, it was Everett's fault too.

He rapidly, looked between Zubin and the place where the girl had once stood.

"Hi." Everett mumbled.

He turned and ran off behind Tina as fast as he could.

((Everett continued somewhere else also i guess [shrug emoji]))
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

So they were busy. That Zubin could deal with. What Zubin could not deal with was getting a gun pointed at him, or even his general direction. Zubin just kept his hands up, stunned at what was going on, eyes screwed shut.

"Hi."

Zubin opened his eyes. And they were gone.

What the hell was that all about?

((Zubin Wadia continued in Now This Looks Like A Job For Me, So Everybody… Just Follow Me))

Return to “The Scorched Ruin”