I'VE GOT BLOODSTAINS IN MY BATHTUB I'VE GOT VOMIT ON MY FLOOR

open

Two floors down from the primary deck of the cruise ship, another terrace of deck just out, primarily given over to a massive swimming pool. This pool is full of clean, fresh water, and arrayed around it are a wide range of beach towels, pool chairs, and water toys—the latter including dozens of pool noodles and boogie boards, as well as a pair of inflatable pool toys (one yellow duck and one green alligator), each large enough for a grown adult to ride. Back next to the entrance to the corridors is a small stand that sold ice cream; though it has been emptied of sweet treats it provides better cover than anything else in the immediate vicinity.
Lilith

I'VE GOT BLOODSTAINS IN MY BATHTUB I'VE GOT VOMIT ON MY FLOOR

Post by Lilith »

"Is that an ice cream truck?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

((Luanne Grasset continued from Electric Chair))

"Mmm, yeah. Or, um, a hot dog stand or something." She paused, scratching the back of her neck. "I don't think there's anyone here."

She stepped out into the sunlight from the shade left by the overhang of the deck above the swimming pool's. This part of the ship reminded her of a David Hockney painting.

"Do you think the pool's chlorinated?"
[+] Characters or something
[+] Everett Taylor
Everett Taylor (SC2) -- Baby Kermit's first SOTF character

THREADS!

PREGAME: Baby Kermit makes an unnecessary OOC note

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange
Harland Strange (PV2.5) -- The kind of guy who lives in a well.

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset
Luanne Grasset (TV3) -- Untitled (Your Cast), Barbara Kruger, 2016

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar
Astrid Millar (Supers), Gift: Goth Eyes -- (Seen and Not Seen)

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Pippi saw the blood.

"I don't think so."
She moved closer.
"It doesn't smell like it."

She had heard the gunshots from earlier. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know where they were from. Pippi swallowed hard.

"We could take a break here?" She said, rolling her ankle as she leaned over a wall. "My feet are getting sore. Pretty sure I got blisters."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne took another couple of steps forward. To her, the pool smelled chlorinated, but it didn't really matter anyways. She didn't want to go into the water, nor did she want to cause a chlorine leak that would kill a bunch of people on the cruise ship (though imagine if she did, that would be really crazy). She still didn't know what they were doing. Another step forward. Something caught her eye. It was pretty small, and kind of orangish-red and brown, and it stood out against the white floor.
[+] It looked a little like this.
"Yeah. I'm tired."

It was so exhausting, hearing people hurting each other. Seeing the aftermath. Watching it happen from afar. None of it needed to happen, and there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it because the second they tried to stop it they just got dragged in.

She was so fucking sick of it all.

She shambled over to a pool chair and sat down. Her knees cracked like bubble wrap.

She slid her backpack off, set it next to her on the chair, and unzipped it.

"Pippi," she said, glancing up at the other girl. Even through the sunglasses, she looked like diamonds in the sun.

"What do you think SOTF-TV is about?" She asked. She looked back down and started rooting around in her pack. "Like, I mean, what's it really actually about? Um, under the surface."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[Baby Kermit uses unnecessary over-the-top formatting] -- [Baby Kermit kills a guy and then makes a melodramatic speech to the rest of the room] -- [Baby Kermit isn't very good at thread names] -- [Baby Kermit gets fucking murdered]
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[The thread that everybody was there for] -- [To be fair to Santiago, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty.] -- [Harland has a Gamer moment] -- [Harland falls down] -- [Oops]
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

PREGAME: ["We took a tour of Universal Studios in Los Angeles and, inside and outside the place, it was very difficult to tell what was real. They're not-real people trying to say something. And we're real people not trying to say anything. I just like everybody and I believe in everything." - Andy Warhol]

MEMORIES: ["The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." - Frida Kahlo]

FLOTILLA:
["Images are made palpable, ironed flat by technology and, in turn, dictate the seemingly real through the representative." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["You'd be surprised how many people want to hang an electric chair on their living-room wall. Specially if the background color matches the drapes." - Andy Warhol] -- ["In the end, glorification of splendid underdogs is nothing other than the glorification of the splendid system that makes them so." - Theodor Adorno] -- ["I think that art is still a site for resistance and for the telling of various stories, for validating certain subjectivities we normally overlook. I'm trying to be affective, to suggest changes, and to resist what I feel are the tyrannies of social life on a certain level." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent van Gogh] -- ["One eye sees, the other feels." - Paul Klee] -- ["I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of "work" because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don't always want to do." - Andy Warhol] -- ["I think that every so-called history book and film biography should be prefaced by the statement that what follows is the author's rendition of events and circumstances." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["I never think that people die. They just go to department stores." - Andy Warhol] -- ["From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." - Edvard Munch] -- ["I think I developed language skills to deal with threat. It's the girl thing to do-you know, instead of pulling out a gun." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why." - Andy Warhol] -- ["'One to the other / Unos á otros' - Thus goes the world. We mock at and deceive each other. He who, yesterday, was the ball, is to-day the horseman in the ring. Fortune directs the feast, and distributes the parts according to the inconstancy of its caprice." - Francisco Goya] -- ["It's good to keep in mind that prominence is always a mix of hard work, eloquence in your practice, good timing and fortuitous social relations. Everything can't be personalized." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Art...has always been a polite form of terrorism." - Robert Boswell] -- ["I'm trying to deal with ideas about histories, fame, hearsay, and how public identities are constructed." - Barbara Kruger] -- ["Death means a lot of money, honey. Death can really make you look like a star." - Andy Warhol] -- ["Our whole society is aboard the raft of the Medusa." - Jules Michelet]

ARTWORK CREDITS (Warning: technically contains spoilers i guess if you haven't read Luanne)
[+] Astrid Millar

(TW: Astrid's story deals with themes of ableism, usually in a fairly implicit capacity.)

THREADS!

PREGAME: [STANDING ON THE SHORE, GETTING OLD. YOU LEFT ME HERE AMID THE VAPE CLOWNS.] -- [You could meet someone who’s lost like you.]

THE MUTE: ["There's a schematic for the whole Goths album between when and where I was in my youth, I mean some of them are stories but they all correlate to moments. I spent 9 months in Portland when I was 18, 19 years old and these were formative months because I was an absolute failure at living my life and I had friends who kept me alive and who saw through my hard veneer and who chose to be kind to me even though I was not worthy of their kindness, I was not. This is why when people tell me 'Hey John, you're a good guy', I say 'No, I've seen John in a lot of guises and I reject any claims to being a good guy, I see' and in Portland I had a community of people who accepted me exactly as I was and though I didn't know how to take their acceptance, and this song -- most of them are with god now -- and it's called 'Wear Black' ."]

THE COMPOUND:
[You could be anywhere on the black screen.] -- [Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes, as my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize. Maybe it's the heat in here, maybe it's the pressure; you ought to head for the exits, the sooner the better.] -- [Don't you know people write songs about girls like you ?] -- [Tonya, you were the brightest. Yeah you rose from the ashes, and survived all the crashes, wiping the blood from your white tights.] -- [Never seen anything like that before, falling bodies tumble 'cross the floor.] -- [Take a look at these hands, you don't have to mention it. No thanks, I'm a government man.] -- [We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nothing. This is nowhere. We all, we all, we all, we all know this is nowhere. There is no one here.] -- [This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This ain't no fooling around. This ain't no Mudd Club, or C.B.G.B. I ain't got time for that now.] -- [Stay alive. Maybe spit blood at the camera. Just stay alive. Stay forever alive.] -- [And I run, and I run, and I run, and I run] -- [upon this tidal wave of, oh god oh god, young blood young blood young blood young blood -]

THE AFTERMATH:
[No one cares about the waves at the bottom of the ocean, and at the bottom of the ocean it's always blue. No one will remember 'cause nothing lasts forever, and everybody's looking for somebody to use.] -- [We are the ones who don't slow down at all, and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall.] -- [But I am just a broken machine, and I do things that I don't really mean.] -- [Come on in, we haven't slept for weeks. Drink some of this, this'll put color in your cheeks.] -- [No promise sweeter than a blood pact. Nothing harder to go through with than a vanishing act. No morning colder than the first frost. No friends closer than the ones we’ve lost. Nothing sharper than a serpent’s tooth. Nothing harder than the gospel truth. Though you repent and don sackcloth and try to make nice, you can’t cross the same river twice.] -- [???]
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Mhm.

That was a good question.

“I think it’s a manifestation of late stage capitalism”
“Like the desperation of it” “Just to make a quick buck.”
“It gives the false hope

to people to break through the cycle of poverty”

“But in reality, even if you win this, you’re still so, so much poorer than the executives running the show”

“So I don’t know what’s it’s really about.”
“Maybe they actually think they’re doing something good. Maybe they think they’re helping. Maybe they want to be good people. But they’re objectively not. They tease kids with a carrot filled with promises of a good life while we, the workers, have to throw everything away for them to make billions off us. Yeah.

SOTF-TV is just a symptom of late stage capitalism. That’s what it’s about.”
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"Mm. I guess I kind of agree?"
[+] Luanne thought it was about a lot of things.
"I think it's about the other side of the camera. We're just the, like, um, the means to an end. We don't have any real power over the execs. If we escape, it's because they let us. We're what the viewers buy and the producers sell. We're the merchandise."

She rooted around in her backpack a little bit more. It said a lot that they were given condoms, rum, and aloe vera, but not sunscreen.

"I think it's about power, too. I think it's about normalizing things like this. They can take everything away from anyone they want, it doesn't matter who you are, and then they can murder you. And nobody will care, because it's on TV, and it's happened more than fifty times, and when you see that kind of thing over and over again, it stops having an effect on you. It becomes part of you. You stop thinking about it."

She sounded like Andy Warhol.

"We're old enough to kill, but not for voting."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"We're not even merchandise."

"We're just the concepts."

"The raw idea."

"We're not even.... we're not even..."
Pippi pantomime something.
A shape.
A square.
"We're not even the product."
She confessed.
"They didn't even edit us yet.
We're not even the manufactured product."

She shrugged.

"We might get discarded down the line.
if we're not marketable enough
so we might not even be a product yet."

"We might be cut from the final edit." She shrugged. "Despite everything."

She poked the chair.

"I hope one day these people pay for what they've done."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

"..."

Luanne just sat in silence for a few moments, breathing quietly.

She lifted her left hand up to her face and took her sunglasses off, setting them beside her on the chair. Dried makeup trailed down from her bloodshot eyes.

She just wanted it to stop.

She closed her eyelids; hid her eyes.

She just - she didn't care if they paid. She didn't care about hurting them. She wanted it to stop. People hurt people just because they could and she wanted it all to just fucking stop.

"I think," she trailed off and inhaled softly through her nose. Then, she exhaled slowly, like she was blowing on a dandelion. "I think, at least, they thought we would be marketable."

"Because everything they do is calculated. Not the things they don't do, because some of those are probably just them forgetting. But what they do actually do, they do it on purpose."

Keep going.

"They're like modern artists, except instead of trying to lead people in the general direction of the conclusion they want them to come to, they're trying to lead, um, us, I guess, in the general direction of what they think is gonna make the most money for them. And I've noticed they've been doing a lot of leading for us. Like, we were the only two people who woke up on that boat, and we're on the same team. They wanted us together, and they didn't want either of us dead right away."

And why are you marketable?

"And, um, I think... what makes us look marketable is like... SOTF-TV can be pretty depressing, and sometimes people want a happy story where nobody dies. We're underdogs, and we look like the kind of people who would try to stay separate from all the killy stuff. We're supposed to be who people can cheer for without feeling guilty about it. Oh, and we're girls, and we're fighting against like, um, the establishment full of old rich white guys - the patriarchy - so it's like... people can point at the TV and say 'wow, feminism', and that's pretty marketable, and so is -"

She nearly snickered but coughed instead.

"- so is, like, socialism stuff. Socialism is pretty marketable, I guess. It appeals to the youth demographic."

She lurched forward and a squeak of a laugh broke through her throat.

And then she couldn't stop laughing. She didn't know why she was laughing. She didn't want to be laughing. It wasn't funny. It was sad. It wasn't funny at all. Everything about this was just so incredibly soul crushing.

But she fell sideways onto the pool chair and laughed until her stomach hurt so bad she was crying.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Hey."

Pippi lurched closer, sitting next to the maniacally giggling and crying girl.

"Shhh, 't's'okay, 't's'okay." Her hand moved in circle against Luanne's back, rubbing in some warmth into the girl's body. Pippi didn't want to laugh. Pippi didn't want to emote.

"Let it all out, Lulu," she whispered. She wasn't good at being comforting. She usually just awkwardly laughed when people were crying. She didn't know what to do.

She didn't know what to do.

"Do you need a hug?"
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne had never laughed like that before and that scared her a lot but also she kind of felt okay about it for reasons she was too tired to parse. She was still crying a little bit, but it was more like... her eyes hadn't caught up to the fact that she wasn't sad. And they weren't sad tears, they were kinda like the tears that showed up after you sneezed really hard.

Pippi said something. She was still there. Luanne had half expected her to just, um, excuse herself, because Luanne was pretty sure she looked like she had just lost her mind. But she was pretty sure her mind was still there.

She felt Pippi sit down behind her. A left-over tear rolled down the waterproofed canvas surface of the chair. She watched it.

She felt like she was drunk or on drugs or something, but also she'd never drank alcohol or done drugs ever in her life, so she wasn't sure. She was pretty sure Pippi hadn't, like, roofied her, since that wouldn't make sense.

She knew something was happening but she didn't know what it was. She felt fuzzy and warm and numb and ill-defined and the side of her face was sticking to the chair kind of.

This was the most stress she'd ever been through in her life and she didn't have her sketchbook to cope with it. That was what was happening.

They said that people lost themselves on this show, but Luanne didn't think that was true. She just thought people found different versions of themselves.

Someone touched her back. She froze for a second. Then she remembered Pippi was right there. Then she was still frozen, but not panicking.

Do you need a hug?

She tried to say something but nothing came out because she didn't know the answer.

She sniffled.

"I'm think I'm okay now," she said, trying to turn her head to look at Pippi, but stopping midway because the other girl was sitting on some of her hair and it hurt to move her head around too much. She was ninety-nine percent sure these chairs weren't designed to have more than one person sitting on them at a time.

"Do you need a hug, Pippi?"

She had other questions like 'Do we even actually have a plan?' but that one was what felt most appropriate.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Yeah."

She replied.

Honesty was a virtue.
At least, she thought.
It was something better than lies.

A white lie never hurt anyone though.
But this wasn't the situation.
She knew better.

"Yeah, I need a hug." She confessed. "I always need one lately."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Okay.

So...

How was this gonna work? Because Luanne was kinda laying down on the chair, on her side, facing away from Pippi, with her torso along the chair's incline, and Pippi was sitting about halfway down the chair, and Luanne was also kinda stuck laying how she was because if she moved too much it would pull on her hair.

In her head she saw her own body contorting to hug Pippi from behind, her shoulders dislocating like she was being torn apart by Picasso. She imagined she looked a little like Dora Maar and Pippi looked a little like Marie-Thérèse Walter. The producers were Picasso. They broke teenagers like he broke women.

Luanne did not like Picasso. She could appreciate his art aesthetically. She could appreciate his art historically. She found his art interesting. She thought he was a disgusting human being, and thus she could not appreciate his art artistically.

Picasso was a womanizer who left most of his lovers psychologically destroyed. He disfigured them mentally like he twisted them apart in his paintings. He was physically and emotionally abusive. He pit Walter and Maar against each other, and then painted them into Guernica. He'd started his affair with Walter when she was seventeen and he was fourty-five, and she'd devoted herself entirely to him. Maar was an accomplished surrealist photographer. Picasso took away her camera and forced her to make cubist paintings instead. Most of his portraits of her were of her in tears. Walter hanged herself in 1977. Maar died a recluse in 1997.

So yeah.

Luanne kind of ineffectually waved one of her arms around behind her, and then all of a sudden, Pippi must have shifted her weight or something, because Luanne's hair was no longer trapped. She pushed herself upright and turned herself around to face Pippi.

She didn't think she'd ever hugged anyone out of something other than familial obligation before.

It was kind of scary.

She went for the hug anyways.
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

The hug felt exactly as she expected.
Crafted. Sown. Stitched. Attached.
Felt like she wanted. Felt like she knew it.

Pippi smiled. It felt like this.
It really felt like this normally.
But she didn't mind.
It felt better than the usual hug.
Since the usual hug was scared, the usual hug was hidden; this hug was in the open for the world to see.

Maybe it was an act of rebellion.
Maybe it was an act of love.
Maybe it was an act of kindness.
But Pippi loved it all the same so her arms wrapped around her back. Luanne felt good against her chest despite the uncomfortable-comfortable shirt. She was glad it wasn't see through so she would able to keep some modesty despite the ass-less chaps. Her breath was steady and her heart was following up with the same slow and steady beat.

Calm.

Peace.

Silence.

She broke it.

"Thank you."
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Luanne held Pippi close, staring out over her shoulder with her neck bent downwards to avoid her head colliding with the other girl's cowboy hat.

It was nice, she guessed. It was kinda... it was hard to think about, because there was every chance someone was going to step around the corner and shoot them both in the head with one bullet. At least it would be painless. It sounded painless. Neither of them would have the time to stare death in the face, and that face-staring was the part of dying that Luanne was most afraid of. The physical impossibility of it in her living mind absolutely terrified her. She liked existing. She liked being able to perceive, and she liked being able to think. She liked being, because being was all she'd ever know. And, as a living person, looking at the concept of death was kind of more... looking at the facsimile of death. It was like a book you could only ever judge by its cover, because every page looked like the cover. But then, one day, the pages stop looking like the cover, and then you can't close the book. All you can do is read. You can't process the fact that you're reading, nor can you process any of the information that you read. You're just reading and the pages don't end. And you stop existing.

That still wasn't quite right, was it? She was having a hard time putting it into words. When something really meant something to her, she started forgetting how to phrase it, and then the words she thought up weren't ever the right ones. She envied poets and lyricists and classical artists. It was very difficult for her to tell people things in a direct way.

She thought of a relevant piece of art, but then she noticed the train of thought she was on was bound to send her into a death spiral loop, so she focused on Pippi's heartbeat again. She could feel it through the girl's back.

She noticed the beats were slowing down.

She smiled lightly, without noticing. It was the tiniest, tiniest smile.

She noticed that she was smiling. She stopped smiling.

She noticed her own heartrate speeding up.

She noticed -

just
stop

Don't be anxious just because you're letting someone in.

That's not why I'm anxious.

Then why?

Because when people know people are paying attention, they start to unconsciously turn into plastic. I'm turning into plastic. Pippi might already be plastic, I don't know. We don't even know each other's last names. We've known each other for what, six hours? We aren't real friends. We can't ever be real friends. Anything that starts on this show can't ever be something other than synthetic.

Okay. Well, it's all synthetic, but it's all you've got. And now that you're synthetic, it's all you'll ever have. So get over it and let yourself pretend you feel like a person for the first time in your life.

Pippi broke the silence, thanking her.

She wasn't sure why Pippi was thanking her. She didn't want thanks just for human decency. Because thanks were a reward, and rewarding something made people act like that thing was above the baseline for whatever it was. And she would have liked to live in a society where basic human decency was supposed to be the baseline.

She wasn't sure when she was supposed to end the hug. She wasn't even sure if she was supposed to end it.

So she just kept hugging Pippi. She figured the other girl would let go when she was ready.

She leaned in close and whispered into Pippi's ear.

"The collar cameras. I think if the point with them was to get good footage, they wouldn't have told us they were there. I don't think anyone would notice them if they weren't pointed out to us."

Even quieter.

"Gotta think like a modern artist."
[+] Everett Taylor

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Harland Strange

THREADS!

ISLAND:
[+] Luanne Grasset

THREADS!

FLOTILLA:

[+] Astrid Millar

THREADS!

THE COMPOUND:

THE AFTERMATH:
[+] Yumiko Kusaka
im losing my edge
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Yeah," she replied, "been thinking the same thing."
She swallowed.
Her neck felt weird.

Her everything felt weird.
Maybe it was the fatigue.
Or the fear.

But she knew she didn't have long for this world
So her breath slowed down.
She was going to be okay, whether or not she lives.

"It's a clear weak point."

"It's a big target.

"A red dot surrounded by a white circle."

Literally. Literally. It literally was.

She smiled.
Her plan was still unfolding. Ongoing. It was creating in front of her. She needed things, and she needed time, and she needed to use her brain. She was good at using her brain. It was undeniable, but she didn't know if she were that good. Water was present all over the arena, but it was too obvious. There was electricity, but that was also too obvious. She swallowed hard. Again. She swallowed hard so many times today. It felt like rocks and sand.

"There's three states of matter, Pippi. What if... the answer wasn't liquid." She nodded. "Wanna' keep moving?"

Return to “Cruise Ship: Open-Air Pool (Danger Zone)”