Well, I'm usually late to create planning threads but this is a little ridiculous even for me

Still gonna do it though

This board exists to hold planning for and discussion of SOTF: Supers.

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Well, I'm usually late to create planning threads but this is a little ridiculous even for me

Post by Skraal »

Well, I'm not sure how much good it would be to have a relationship planning thread start after the game has already begun, but I've already had some discussions ooc so I might as well have a repository for all in-character relationships for reference.
The Personality Section in her Profile wrote:Emily is extremely reserved, and has difficulty opening up to others. She suffers from an intense lack of confidence and is very sensitive to rejection, leading her to avoid becoming involved with others unless certain of being liked. When interacting online, she able to put forward a more outgoing persona, though in one-on-one conversations usually ends up reverting to her usual shy, melancholy personality.
She's in the literature club, so people would know her from there, and if you're into the more geeky side of literature and TV shows (and maybe even writing fanfiction for such), you'd have a lot to talk to with her. She's also interested in drawing and if anyone were to take an interest in her work she'd do her best to avoid disappointing them. She admires people who are able to function despite having unusual or disabling Gifts, especially in contrast to her, who hides hers and prefers to avoid discussing details of the Gift that she pretends to have in order to not have to keep track of too many lies.
[+] Relationships
Noah Davis - friends from the literature club
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

Some quick thoughts since Emily and Sayuna read as possible friends to me: they share Noah as a close friend who they probably both hold in high regard (in different ways) so good commonality there. Emily would probably know from Sayuna's reputation that the girl more or less likes/has time for everyone so less fear of rejection to be had there, I figure Emily's combination of thoughtfulness as a fan and being a total geek probably means Sayuna likes listening to what she has to say, even if their interests aren't quite in the same realm, and especially since they can comfortably do most of their talking online.

Emily might admire Sayuna for how she deals with her gift, which strikes me as interesting since a lot of Sayuna's own insecurities are obscured to the point that Emily might not notice, good contrast to be had there in how each girl views herself and the other.
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1
Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by Skraal »

I like that dynamic, it makes for some nice irony I think for Emily to see Sayuna as somebody who has it all together, so to speak, despite that being far from the case. To go a little further with the idea, it might be interesting to have Emily use Sayuna as a sort of confidant, asking her for advice about various interpersonal difficulties while trying to avoid giving away information about the biggest struggle that she's dealing with while debating internally if Sayuna could possibly be the one friend that she could trust with the truth.
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

You know what you have to do.
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Extreme lack of confidence and reserved personality + A person who seems extremely nice and caring at first, simply to lure them into an unhealthy, probably controlling, friendship.

Cyrus needs no explanation when talking about possible "friends." But would his reputation ruin his chances to become "friends" with Emily? Or would he have slinked his way into Emily's trust before then?

Geeky literature? Does Manga count? What about watching japanese media? Cosplay?
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3

Return to “SOTF: Supers Planning/Discussion”