We Own The Night

The shipping yard, found in the southwestern part of the island, is a maze of docks and colorful containers that has remained largely unchanged since the island was abandoned, aside from accumulating more rust. Once a major hub of activity on the island, the shipping yard will soon see action once more, though likely of a far more lethal sort than in its active life.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

"Making people bleed is...well, I'm 1 for 1 on that front, so I can't make any promises." Chuck murmured. Combat was never his strong point. He'd lucked through the past few days, surviving as better people, stronger people, drew the fire and fury of their classmates, as he escaped notice thanks to his own mediocrity. Even now, it was a fluke that had led him to be hit. He hadn't been the target. "And Saachi was...well." She'd been defeated already by that point. All Chuck had done was open the door and walk her through it. Others had done all the work, taken the risk. "Felt more like an execution than anything."

Still, he smiled at her faux-gunslinger schtick. It was just the right amount of levity. Not too much, not too little. It made him a bit more comfortable. Not physically, of course, but it was a sort of emotional palliative care, distracting him just enough from the reality of his imminent death without being a crude denialism or a complete diversion that would be jarring to be jolted from.

Chuck looked at the first aid kit as Wendy pulled it out. She still believed he could make it out. Chuck didn't, but he wasn't going to argue with her on that front. He couldn't refuse another morsel of hope or the prospect of some first aid care. Then she admitted she was lost with it, and Chuck audibly muttered "meh". As a follow-up, he continued "don't sweat it. I think the important thing right now is...pressure? Probably cleanliness, too, so pour something that stings on it?"

Wendy was right.

It couldn't be Bunny.

Beyond that, the who didn't matter so much. So long as someone deserving, someone with promise, made it home, or had a chance to fight this...

Chuck swallowed.

"I have an AK."
Cake

Post by Cake »

An AK?

Chuck revealed his bloodstained pack tucked between his arms and wound, unzipping it slowly. Wendy's face lit up, mouth an "O", stars in her eyes. Her fingertips traced the wood grain finish as she slowly reached over to touch. Power. She pulled back.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's- It's perfect. May I?"

The bag was filled with magazines upon magazines and cartridges of fire power, even a drum of bullets, as if it's owner had barely even used it much during their time. Perhaps one for one on Saachi was in fact first and only blood for her new friend. Wendy smiled as she held this thing called an AK. A deals a deal, she passed forward Yumi's and Bunny smaller hand carries as well as the clips and bullets from her own bag. She wondered why he hadn't used it in favor of the crossbow of his. Perhaps there was a story there somewhere, but Wendy figured she wouldn't dig too deep, at least not with pressing issues in hand.

"I'll take good care of it, let me know if you want it back, okay hun, now then, pour something that stings on the bloody parts?" Wendy questioned as she opened the first aid, grabbing the 70% isopropyl alcohol from the white metal box. She remembered how much that stuff stung whenever she got hurt camping and her dad would pour some out on her scrapes and cuts, said the pain meant it was working. How fierce was this one, for actually wanting to take this, she wondered.

Although unsure, she began to slowly tilt the bottle, when the beeping started. The GPS, she had forgotten about it in all the excitement The blinking dot, the oh so familiar number.

"She's coming," she spoke cautiously, accidentally splashing a lot more than she intended of the strong medical liquid. "Sorry about that," she said was a cringe. She put the bottle down, grabbing her new things. "I'm gonna hide somewhere up there with this and surprise her, you know like a birthday."

Wendy chuckled as she stood looking at the shipping container, trying to find a good spot. The seagull shooting she'd done the past day, would now be put into practice, except this time on a different, long eared fluffier prey. "Keep an eye on..." she began to say as she pointed at the cooler with large slimy Mr. Dolph carp.

“Oh, never mind.” She took one more look at her injured, nearly immobile, but rather chatty friend and decided to take Mr. Dolph along after all. With a smile she turned and scurried into the maze once more, with the GPS and all her new things.

"I'll be back. Thanks again, Kasumi!"
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

She felt like she was getting close.

It was hard to tell. Parts of her body were feeling numb, and the flashlight blasted directly into her eyes meant she had to focus even harder on battling the bright spots that flashed in front of them. Now that some of the adrenaline had faded, she also realised that her hearing had kinda gone to shit. No doubt the nonstop gunfire, with bullets rattling against corrugated iron, had played a part in it.

Just meant she had to be smarter than ever. That was all. And that was easy. With this batch of Mensa candidates, just using two brain cells would be enough to outsmart them all.

Smarter. Now that was something.

The idea took root and grew into something concrete, as Bunny lugged herself in what she thought and hoped was the right direction, following what might possibly have been voices cutting in and out of the pulsing white noise in her ears. There was no point in chasing Wendy through this dumb maze anymore, like she’d somehow stumbled into Pan’s Labyrinth. The only person this would benefit was Chuck, all cosy and safe and cowardly outside of the containers. That was if he hadn’t already bled to death, obviously. And that would mean, again, that nobody won, and everything would be a big waste of time, and Bunny would become a really really grumpy ghost! And nobody wanted that!!

So maybe she could find a way to draw Wendy out, and maybe find a way to make her lose her cool.

“Come on Wendy-roo!”

Bunny called out, trying to inject as much of a sing-song tone into her hoarse voice as it echoed and bounced around the shipping yard.

“I know you’re, like, super dumb and all, but even you’ve gotta realise you can’t hide forever any more! Or maybe you really are so gosh darn stupid you think the terrorists are just gonna let us all go if we play nice?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Chuck had, through a mixture of a lack of time and lazy inertia, never actually gotten round to using the AK as much as he should have. It never really felt like it was his, like he owned it, that it was a tool that he was entitled to use. A strange cognitive quirk, he was only all too aware, but nonetheless he had never actually thought about it as his primary weapon. Perhaps old notions of ownership still served as some mental block in his mind. Perhaps it was just such an odd fit that he couldn't properly accept that he was in possession of it. Perhaps he had grown attached to the crossbow, on an unconscious level, in a way that defied all explanation and logic.

It made sense to pass it onto Wendy. She had an instant fascination for it, a gun lover's appreciation for it, that Chuck had not been able to summon, had not even conceived of as being possible for this particular weapon. She knew the weapon, knew its history, knew its advantages and disadvantages, from the first touch. It was almost sweet, in a weird way that, like so many other thoughts, defied all explanation and logic. Chuck smiled. It had the timbre and cadence of a reunion, as if Wendy and the AK were always destined to be together, Chuck just a temporary stop along the way. He knew it was ridiculous. He was reading too much into it. But in the quest to stop Bunny - which they all certainly shared as a goal - the AK was clearly being put to much better use in Wendy's hands than in his bag.

He had visited the British Museum once. Years ago. Shortly after they'd first moved to Denton, when they scrapped together the funds for a family holiday to Britain. One of the exhibits, Chuck recalled, was in the Africa section. In a display case filled with weapons and military artefacts, amidst the swords and spears and clubs and shields, there had been a replica AK-47. Carved out of wood and painted with melted road tar, it had been draped around the back of child goat herders in order to deter opportunistic thieves and rustlers. That was, Chuck supposed, always going to be the first and last thing that came to his mind whenever he pondered the AK-47. Its deterrence impact. Wendy, at the very least, could see its more proactive uses.

Then came the medical care. Thinking about the cleanliness of a wound in a circumstance such as this seemed like an optimistic luxury, planning for a brighter future that Chuck knew was out of reach, but there was no harm in saying yes.

Well, there was pain involved, sure. But no actual harm.

He grimaced as the solution washed over the wound - and there was an exit wound at the back, most likely, Chuck recalled, that had been pressed up against the back of a container. Fuck. He'd have to do that too. Then she spilled a lot by accident, and Chuck yelled out "ah, shit on it!" before regaining some composure. He continued to mutter 'shit on it' and 'fiddle de dee' and 'fuck' and all manner of random utterances under his breath as Wendy gave the final pep talk, and he put the guns by his side. "Thanks," he muttered, finding talking a little bit harder now as he adapted to the stinging sensation.

"Bye," Chuck mumbled, not thinking twice about the 'Kasumi' nickname, and Wendy's noises were soon replaced by Bunny's.

"Heh," Chuck murmured. "Happy birthday Bunny." He splashed some of the solution over his shoulders, hoping it'd trickle down to the exit wound and do something, knowing full well he was way out of his depth here. He put the bottle to the side. Might be able to throw it in her eyes. Grabbed the guns.
Cake

Post by Cake »

Those insults were nothing anymore. Wendy had heard it all before. Dumb dumb dumb. If she could handle grandma Sonya saying the word, when she accidentally broke the prized vase, the first time she finally agreed to meet with mom again, then she could handle any hurtful words aimed toward her. Even if she were getting tired of it, even if her teeth did grit, her hand shook slightly as she held her weapon, her other hand scratching at some unknown itch at the forearm. She took a deep breath.

Good. Relaxed again. The particular moving dot on the GPS she had eyed from atop her hidden ‘sniper tower’ vantage-perch had now nearly overlapped with the stationary dot representing her rag doll friend, who had now spoken and held steady the two items she had traded. How lucky she still had the darkness.

Her opponent was in view entering the campsite clearing, dangerously close, too close to Chuck.

She aimed, just as she had done with the many seagulls before. It was time to shoot her shot.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

For a moment, there was no response, and Bunny almost managed to convince herself that Wendy had straight up bottled it, up and ran away, that she’d chosen to let her collar do the dirty work because her last remaining brain cell had sparked spasmodically back to life momentarily and told her ‘hey… you ain’t getting outta this one alive, bub’.

Bunny smiled lazily. She rounded a corner and saw an open space amongst the containers. She could smell charcoal and smoke on the wind. She was definitely getting close. She started to raise the machinenpistole.

The familiar cracking noise ripped through the air, and Bunny felt another tear burst into existence in her sleeve, fabric frayed in an instant, a flash of red where the bullet had grazed her arm highlighting it. She stumbled back, solely on instinct, peering for a moment forwards, searching for Wendy. The girl was nowhere to be seen. She must have managed to find a vantage point, or hiding spot.

Clever girl. Not that she was gonna tell her that, obviously!

“Fiiiiiiinally!”

Bunny sang the words out with a dry and hoarse voice, unsmiling, looking up and around and aiming the machinenpistole at every corner of her surroundings, searching for he prey.

“Still too much of a pussy to come and face me though, huh?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Cake

Post by Cake »

Another.

And another.

A delay.

And another.

Patience. With every, blink every movement of the dot. The pattern shall continue.

Bunny twists, Bunny twirls, Bunny dizzy in a whirl. Dance Bunny, dance.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

No response. At least, not a verbal one.

The thunderclap hit her like she was standing right next to the barrel, and her heart went haywire as she felt the airblast miss her cheek by millimetres, bullet pinging off the metal behind her and ricocheting to God knows where.

Bunny went to make a move, crouching down low and preparing herself to run for the opening ahead, but she made about three steps, kicking up dirt behind her, before another bullet whizzed past her leg, sending her stumbling, almost clattering into the wall in her spinning, frantic attempts to get outta danger.

Wherever Wendy was skulking, she’d made the corridor in front of Bunny a total no-go zone. She wheeled around, running back the way she’d come from, bullets thudding into the dirt at her feet, clipping her tattered clothing. She turned the corner, pressing her back into the metal, hands slick with sweat, legs almost crumpling underneath her the moment she stopped moving.

“Come the fuck on!”

Bunny grit her teeth, spitting onto the ground, words spat out with just as much intensity.

“You’ve been riding your dumb luck ever since I first ran into your stupid ugly face, hiding’s not gonna stop it from running out soon!”

She paused for a moment. Forced her brain to turn back time all the way to those first few halcyon days on the island. Pushing water uphill would’ve been easier. But something clicked, and something hit her, and a sharp grin formed on her face.

“You’re lucky Everett was even more of a dumbass than you are! Tootal moron, and total waste of space!”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Cake

Post by Cake »

How dare she.

How fucking dare she.

A hot tear droplet streamed down each eye, as Wendy was taken back to the scorched ruin once again. Why she had tracked, hunted and tormented this reprehensible Bunny for fun, in the first place. How she witnessed first hand and in person, how the nice friendly person who helped her in school so many times before, be put down with a clear lack of remorse. Whose name now was being tarnished beyond death with absolutely no respect whatsoever. It was bad enough that she had killed him, yet she had to spit on his grave too. She had the absolute NERVE to call him a moron, a total waste of space and worst of all... DUMB. One of the smartest boys she has ever known. She dried her tears.

“No you.”

The empty bullet cartridge dropped, the AK drum fastened in its place. The patient, strategic, placed shots, now long forgotten. She knew where she hid, the GPS told her exactly.

"Eat shit."

She held the trigger, AK spitting bursts of shot as she approached Bunny from above, bullets ricocheting off concrete and metal. Wendy was not one to swear, but the release felt wonderful. She saw the girl move to avoid her gunfire and she hoped she’d realize and regret her mistake for mentioning Everett in vain. She'd rather have used other more unorthodox methods to this one, like dipping her in tar and setting the mess on fire as she choked on poisoned fishbone. She deserved worse, but shooting Bunny in the face was the satisfaction Wendy knew she needed this very second. She locked on to the girl in obvious sight now, ready to finish.

Until the shattering crash of glass and flame.

The sky lit up. Fire reflecting within her eyes, blinding her night vision adjusted eyes momentarily.

Then another and another. The embers started to travel swiftly through the labyrinth, stunning Wendy into silence as the small explosions snapped her away from the edge of glory. She stared over the rising trail of this fiery horizon. Shell-shocked.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Bingo.

Bunny’s smile grew as she pushed herself away from the wall, the first couple of bullets already pinging and rebounding over her head. Even with the increased volume of fire, she felt safer now, ducking and weaving back to the entrance of the clearing. These weren’t focused, aimed gunshots anymore, after all. This was spraying and praying, trying to flood the sniper’s ally with as many bullets as possible in the hopes one of them hit something.

She wondered what Wendy looked like, right about now. Aside from ugly and stupid, obviously, that was just a given! She bet she was crying. She hoped she was crying. God, she couldn’t wait until she saw that sight. The puffy eyes, the red cheeks, the tear streaks carving their way through the soot and blood on Wendy’s face. Oh, that would make absolutely everything here worth it!

She’d hit a nerve within Wendy. She just needed to keep on pushing it until the whole thing collapsed in on itself, and Wendy’s “oh look at me I’m so wholesome and righteous and super innocent even though I’ve killed a whole buttload of people” face crumbled away into the angry, bitter, twisted thing she currently actually was. And then Bunny could put a bullet between her eyes!

It wouldn’t be long now. Just a few more paces, she reckoned.

Then the world set on fire around her.

Bunny screeched, out loud and to a stop, just about preventing herself from running headfirst into a fireball. The flames lit up the maze, reflecting off of the metal surrounding her, every inch of her universe set alight. The fire licked at her tattered clothing, eager to consume.

Once more, Bunny ran back the way she came, flames grasping at her heels, catching a shoelace and scorching the end, snuffed out as she sped through a muddy puddle.

“I didn’t mean this kinda increased amount of fire!”

Is what she might have said, if she hadn’t been running for her life, further into uncharted territory, closer to the next step of her destiny.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Cake

Post by Cake »

Wendy unfroze as the flames rose. Afraid to move at first. Up here was safe, untouched by the wisps. Bunny would burn below. Burn in hell. It didn’t matter that she wasn’t the one. She’d empty the shells into the charred cadaver afterward.

Then she remembered. On the ground, laying. She lowered her guard, moving across to lower shipping containers, trying to find a way down. She couldn’t let them burn. Not Chuck, not Mr. Dolph.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

She heard it. The sound of clanking above the sound of flames. The unmistakable noise of footsteps on corrugated steel. Through the bloodrush, through the adrenaline pumping through her body, through the fire and the flames - great, that stupid guitar intro was stuck in her head now - Bunny had the foresight to glance behind her.

There was somebody moving along the containers behind her. Coulda been Kris or Max, but it was pretty much 99% certainly definitely Wendy. There was a gun in her hands, but it wasn’t pointed anywhere near Bunny. Clearly, she was dedicating all her focus on getting down from her perch.

There wasn’t gonna be a better opportunity ever ever, and if Bunny didn’t take it now, she didn’t deserve to win.

She turned, pace slowing drastically as she jogged backwards, swinging the machinenpistole upwards, pulling the trigger as it arced, staccato shots deafening her once more as the bullets let fly.

And Wendy fell, and Bunny let out a loud, shocked laugh, and she turned and kept running, laughing even until she felt like her lungs would give out then laughing some more. Finally. Finally! Fucking goddamn motherloving titfucking finally!!!

It would have been, of course, so much better to have seen the look on Wendy’s face. But beggars couldn’t be choosers!
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Cake

Post by Cake »

Wendy laid still as she spat up a light spray of plasma from the mouth, accompanying each cough to clear the throat from whatever was feeling like a bad cold; body throbbing, world whirling.

Yeah she fell, she could comprehend that much. She was up there. Now she was down here. GPS - cracked.

She gave a bloodstained, strained grin as she looked forward, in this case, up. Two faces, hovering. One not too far, above, one shrouded in the background. She remained unmoving.

So this was what life may have been like in the world of Kasumi White.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

From out of the darkness a figure emerged. The shadows flowed over her as she appeared. Her arrival shouldn’t have been a surprise, after all she had sent the fireflies before her. They announced her presence. There was a pop and a crackle, new flames being born as they swept the area, greedily searching for sustenance. Their goal was no secret but they was what made them beautiful to behold.

The battle was ended, a winner had emerged or near enough. Only one of the three remained standing. The prey that became a predator had triumphed. The means of victory and the victory itself did not matter. Not really. It was merely violence that moved them to the next stage of the show. A passage or line in their act.

She did not raise a weapon, for she did not possess one. A final firefly was with her but it had a special purpose. A final task, it was specially chosen. It’s liberation would provide for another. As soon everything would end. The flames and the shadows began their dance. Areas of their arena being illuminated and darkened as the performers moved. The light unwilling to fade but the dark refusing it dominion. Like lovers they twirled around each other, the performance moving across their faces in inconsistent patterns.

A wisp reached up to her and she tenderly ran a hand through it. Her gaze on the presumptive victor.

“Congratulations.”
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Oh right. Of course. There was still more to do.

Killing Wendy had always felt like the final chapter for Bunny. The endgame of endgame, the final boss, the big bad locked away at the very top floor of her pitch-black tower covered in spikes and flame jets and badass statues of dragons. Watching her fall had released a huge rush of energy and elation and emotion within Bunny, just as though she’d won this whole thing, just like she deserved to.

But she’d ended up doing the whole thing backwards. There was still half a movie to go.

She couldn’t help but frown as the figure stepped out of the shadows. Ugh. Kris. The source of the sudden inferno, if the single molotov in her hand was anything to go by. Or maybe Maxwell had spontaneously combusted and exploded everywhere. A girl could dream!

Bunny hoped this encounter wouldn’t take too long. Kris gave her the freakin’ creeps. Which, really, the other girl should take as a compliment; it was the closest thing to respect Bunny was about to give to any of her other finalists. Something had pretty obviously snapped inside of Kris during their time on the island, and now there was just something off about everything they did. Like how her vision was fixed on Bunny but her hands were dancing through the wisps and embers that floated around them both. It was all Bunny could do to suppress a shiver, and instead afix a tired grin to her face.

“Thank you!”

She gave a lazy little curtsy, clutching the tattered edges of her skirt. When her hands came back up, the machinenpistole rose too. Not quite pointing at Kris. Just ready. Making sure the other girl was aware of its presence.

“I suppose it was too much to ask for everyone else to have just dropped dead whilst I was dealing with Wendy, huh?”

She cocked her head, still smiling placidly at Kris.

“You do know you’re in my way, right?”

Honestly, she couldn’t be certain what was in Kris’ mind anymore.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “The Shipping Yard (Endgame)”