Start for Girl #5

Formerly an Open Field. The crashed remains of the terrorists' helicopter lay in the middle of the field, providing some shelter to whomever prefers to use it. Fair warning, though, of all the lurkers around the area looking for the baddies.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

As he heard Amanda say the girl wasn't a threat, David smoothly holstered his revolver again and went a bit to the side, observing carefully and ready to interfere if there was a threat to Amanda.

That was odd... he thought, reflecting on his reaction to Madelaine's sudden appearance. If he were in school, he never would've acted that way. I'm rather jumpy for some reason. Is this game already getting to me?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine instantly froze in place the second David directed the gun towards her. For a split second, reason threatened to abandon her, and she was filled a wracking urge to flee the scene. But her feet remained firmly in place, though the hand on the strap of her bag paled and trembled slightly. Sensibility returned to her, and she realized that to run away now would only prove to be dangerous.

She stared at the gun pointed at her, the sight of it was enough to make her hesitate, and that was when Amanda spoke, claiming that they were acquaintances. This was strange to her... since Madelaine had only recently transferred from overseas, she hadn't had the chance to make any real friends yet, especially since she felt better to keep to herself. However, she had associated with a few of her classmates, though this girl in particular seemed to have no place in her memory.

Panting slightly, she eyed David as he holstered the gun and moved aside. Her eyes rested upon the holstered gun for a few seconds, before they darted back to look at Amanda. Though her look was one of slight shock, her expression remained level, showing little fear or emotion for that matter. She took a deep breath to calm herself down.

Knowing that there was absolutely no point in inciting a fight, she decided to comply, at least to a certain extent. Carefully, she lifted the hem of her blazer, revealing the iron rod tucked neatly inside her skirt pocket. Rather than withdrawing it to throw it aside, she announced clearly, in a level, but firm voice.

"I'd rather keep my distance, if you'll please." To prove her point, she slowly, deliberately backed away a few steps. Looking back at Amanda, it was then that it had suddenly come back to her.

"Actually...We have met haven't we? I lent you my study guide in math class one time. You were that girl, weren't you?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

That was it...math class. Ugh, math class. Memories that up until now I wanted to forget. I'd do anything to be back there, though.

Amanda looked at Madelaine and nodded. "Yeah, math class with Mr. Kato, if I recall correctly. I sat across from you. I think you were the only other person in the class who actually gave a shit."

Amanda sighed. It seemed that everyone was here. Like it or not, she was stuck with David, which was more of a good thing than a bad, but the more friendly faces that she ran into - the better.

Amanda couldn't help but ask, as hopeless as it sounded...

"I've got to ask, have you ran into anyone else while you've been here? Any guys, girls...bodies...?" She choked a little as she said the last word, shuddering at the fact that some of her classmates were already dead.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Startled, Madelaine raised her eyebrows in surprise. Bodies? Ran into? She replied smoothly, "Well besides you two...."

A sigh escaped her mouth, voicing some ambiguous emotion. "No one... I've only just arrived here. You two are the first ones I've encountered since I got here."

She looked over towards David, apparently having no prior recollection of him whatsoever. "Pardon me..." Her eyes darted briefly towards the gun before meeting his eyes again. "I've only transferred recently...and I don't believe we've met before."

The tone she spoke in was polite, though there was a trace of distrust and caution that was subtle, yet at the same time apparent.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"No, we haven't." David answered simply, still not trusting the newcomer.

She actually does look familiar, but I can't trust anyone here.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

"I see...."

...was all she replied to David's curt comment. She frowned for a few seconds contemplation, exchanging glances between the two students. Even for those who have not bought into the game, trust is hardly an option...

...then again, these two seem to have no trouble trusting one another.
At least...that was what she percieved upon meeting them. She looked over at the girl's baseball bat (with a nail jutting out of it, as an added bonus she assumed), and her mind relayed to her own designated weapon.

I suppose...., this she thought to herself. As far as fate might have it, I might have had better...but I also might have had worse.

She looked towards the two of them with an expression that was calm, but unreadable. She spoke clearly, so that both will understand. "Just so that you know, I don't intend to play this game." Though she knew little about what she would do in the long-term, this much she absolutely knew the moment she awoke. "However, I will not hesitate to defend myself if necessary. In the meantime, I have decided to go into hiding."

She paused for a moment, looking around at the open empty field around her. A small group they formed, and together, they made the easiest and most obvious of targets. "And just a bit of advice, if you two are together, then should do so as well, and quickly." She indicated towards their surroundings, showing their vulnerability.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"We were deciding a new location when you interrupted." David told her, a bit irritated that he was being told things he already knew. He never was the kind of person who liked that kind of interaction. Of course, his expression betrayed nothing, but he suddenly came to a thought. Madelaine (now that he thought about it, he was pretty sure he recognised her.) had arrived from behind him, and he had started the game being followed by someone. Was she that stalker?

No, I probably scared them off with that shot anyway. If I just start suspectin' people left and right I'll be paranoid within a day. Gettin' paranoid will probably get me dead.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda looked at the exchange between the two without saying a word. While it was good to have an offered protector in a game like this, David was a little cold. She felt a twinge of guilt, as the new arrival seemed to be a little put off with how things were going. As they bantered back and forth, Amanda stepped forward and cleared her throat rather loudly, attempting to get the attention of the other two.

"Look, guys...as much as I'm a fan of sitting around and talking, this might not be the best place to do it. Look, if you're looking for a place to hide, why don't you come along with us? We were thinking of going to that small house that's marked on the map - if nobody's there, it might be a good place to hide for a bit."

To be honest, I just want another girl around, David's a little stoic and his Terminator routine might get old fast. Guess it's the patriot in him.

Glancing at her map, she began to walk towards the direction that the house was located in. Looking back, she slyly grinned.

"You guys coming?"
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

David turned to follow Amanda to the house, if they were lucky, someone might not be playing and know how to deactivate the collars. Of course, he couldn't let down his guard, just in case. The only problem was which path to take to get there.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

For a moment, Madelaine hesitated, raising her eyebrows in surprise at Amanda's sudden intervention. But surprised or not, she was certainly not about to protest Amanda's proposal. Her eyes darted back to look at David. Well at least it seemed that he was not about to shoot her down after all. Madelaine tensed as she remembered how he had coldly pointed the gun towards her in a warning.

But it was not as though she could blame him...after all, she would have been the same had she been standing in his position. Furthermore, his focus seemed to be simply to protect the other girl. Madelaine herself could tell, for she was one who had lived her life taking care of others.

At least for now...she'll have to trust that these two weren't buying into this....atrocity.

She shrugged the shoulder that had the bagstrap slung over it, adjusting the positioning of its weight, before taking off to match her pace with Amanda's and David's, walking alongside both of them, though keeping a comfortable distance.

Without looking at them, she said quietly, "I'm Madelaine Shirohara, by the way..."
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Madelaine! That's right, that was her name! It sounds so pretty, like a mix between French and Japanese...

Amanda silently smiled to herself as the three began to walk through the open field. It was a tried and tested way of getting people to get off their asses and make a decision. You start walking away, and undoubtedly, people will follow in the hope of not being left behind. Amanda had been forced to do that many a time in her social group, as many of her friends were a little insecure, not many were the leader type.

She did smile at Madelaine, and introduced herself.

"My name's Amanda Jones."

As her feet kicked a nearby stone, Amanda couldn't help but wonder who else was on this hell-hole of an island, and what was becoming of them. Perish the thought. There had to be some way to get her mind off of this situation.

"So..." she looked at Madelaine. "...I guess, aside from how things are going now, how're you doing?"
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine turned to look at her, and calmly returned the smile. Given how extreme their current situation was...it was a marvel how anybody was able to smile and act cheerful. But... she supposed. ...it's probably necessary, if one wishes to pull through this She could only imagine how draining the experience would be in the long-term...that is, if she even survived that long.

Her thoughts had been interrupted by Amanda's question. Madelaine took it as an effort to distract them from the uncertainty of what was to happen to them. She decided to push that thought aside for now.

She drew in a deep breath. "As well as can be expected, I suppose...but to tell you the truth, I do feel a little better, knowing that there are others out there who have no intention to play the game."

She paused again, but only for a second. "We're probably some of the luckier ones...." Madelaine shook her head, avoiding the topic.

"Well, we haven't talked much since we first met... how are you doing yourself?"
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Andrew continued from "Chi Masumi, Girl #12, begins": http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...p?showtopic=140
IC: As the group walked, Andrew was heading towards them, eventually stopping right in front of the three people who he (wrongly) assumed were unarmed. Even if they were, he wouldn't spare them. His eyes were wild, insane looking as he stared at them.
They all want to kill me. Everyone. Kill or be killed is the rule. The only one that doesn't hate me is me. They all want me dead!

As David listened to the two girls, he saw a boy he recognised as Andrew Klock (Boy #12) right ahead. Holding out his arm to stop Amanda and Madelaine, he stared down the other boy. "Please move out of our way." instead of complying, Andrew stared to walk towards them.
"Stop!" again, Andrew ignored David and picked up speed. David reached for his Smith & Wesson.
"Last warning Andrew: cease your actions or be shot...I mean it!" this time, Andrew broke into a run at him and drew his machete.
"STOP!" Not hesitating, David whipped out his gun and fired, catching the other boy between the eyes. Andrew stopped and fell to the ground instantly, blood flowing out of the newfound hole in his face as he dropped the machete, his face permanently frozen in the insane grin he had worn when David shot him.
Shit, it's for real! This is no joke, I actually killed him! God fucking damn it... he thought, quickly dispelling them. He did not want the two girls to see him unsure, even if he did feel like he was either going to puke or start crying, as they might start to doubt him if they did. So he calmly turned around, holding back the fact that he felt like he had just walked down a path he could never turn back from.
Boy #12-Andrew Klock- Dead.
"He left me no choice..." David simply said as he holstered his gun and fell behind the other two. "You guy's understand...right?" this last part was muttered softly, more to himself than to them, so they probably didn't hear.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine had stopped short when David's arm appeared in front of her. As she looked up in surprise, she caught sight of the lone figure Andrew further beyond David's arm. Wondering what in the world he was up to, Madelaine watched wordlessly, unable to react as Andrew approached them boldly.

The sequence of events that occured shortly thereafter first registered in Madelaine's mind as something out of an action movie. Only when she saw Andrew fall to the ground, dead, a gaping hole between his eyes, did she remember that this was happening in real life, before her very eyes, and she was involved.

Her mind seemed to numb over at the sight of Andrew. Not more than a few seconds ago, he was charging at them with some ominous intent, and now he was lying on the ground, lifeless. Madelaine felt her face run cold.

She shifted her weight slightly. "So...it's real after all...." Her voice was barely a murmur, as though she was musing to herself. Her eyes closed, her face now downcasted.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

The events happened so quickly that Amanda couldn't do anything but stand, shocked at the sudden violence that had befallen the open field. The dead body was Andrew Klock, that much she knew. She'd never cared much for the boy, but then again, she hadn't known him well enough to think about it. Her stomach heaving and beginning to prespire, Amanda couldn't help but walk over to the body and look at it. His eyes were soulless, the lights were on, but fuck, nobody's home...

Looking at his blood-stained machete, Amanda shivered. Such a weapon was vicious if used properly, and judging by the blood on it, he already had. However, such a weapon could also be used as a tool, and if they ended up needing to find shelter or maybe make a fire, it might be useful. Trying to stay as far away from touching the actual body as she could, she carefully extracted the bloody machete out of the grip of the dead boy. Hesitantly, she wiped the blade on the ground, trying to get off the blood. This would probably help in a fight moreso than her glorified baseball bat would, anyways.

Putting the baseball bat in her pack, as the nail was occasionally scratching her in the legs, she held the machete in one hand as she caught up with Madelaine, keeping a bit of a berth from David. He had already shown that he was willing to kill to protect her.

I suppose I should be flattered, but...my god. This shit's real. I have to find Adam, and we need to get out of here...

Amanda looked at the other girl, who was visibly shaken. Amanda couldn't blame her. She was burying everything deep inside, trying to put up a front, trying not to think about it...

A single tear ran down her face. This just wasn't something she was ready for. Not at all. Quickly wiping it away, she shook her head and looked at Madelaine. The girl's spirit seemed to have been completely shattered by the sudden death that had befallen the field. Amanda didn't really know what to do. She was okay with comforting people, but that was usually when she herself didn't need the comfort.

Amanda didn't really know what to do, but did the only thing that seemed to make sense at the time. She grabbed Madelaine and gave her a hug. Perhaps it was more for Amanda than for Madelaine, but she needed to feel better, needed to feel normal again. As she hugged Madelaine, she whispered in her ear - not so David wouldn't hear, but because she felt like all of her emotions were about to come to the forefront.

"We're going to get out. You hear me? We'll get out of here. You, me, David...we will find a way...but I need your help before we can leave, if we can even find a way..."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “Helicopter Crash Site”