From Serenity To Shame

The lookout tower sits atop a large hill and is shrouded in trees. It's an unimpressive building, but it used to be the primary defense post on the island. Maybe it can be your eye in the sky as well? It'd be a great place for a small group to rally together and hide from the island's baddies, and an even better place for those baddies to snipe the rest of the competition from above.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Trey watched as the girl, Madison he was sure her name was now, said something about needing to get her back and watched as she left and crossed the field again. Trey watched as she went and turned back and walked inside the lookout tower. After taking a couple steps inside he turned back around to look out the door again. He turned his head to look at Keith. He knew the kid, a good guy, they had some of the same friends because of their athletics.

Trey nodded to him and said, "hey."

He looked at the shotgun. He was sure glad that it was Keith holding the shotgun. While it was true Trey had no reason to trust Keith or Izzy, the fact of the matter was he knew them in school, even if it was just by acquaintances and they were good people. He felt like he could trust them. And as for the other girl, the more then merrier.

Trey would rather be with this motley crew than out alone in that jungle anyways. He had no idea what was going on out there, and he hoped his friends were safe, but Trey wasn't about to go out when he had shelter right here, and people he felt like he could trust.

So he stood there, inside the lookout tower, next to Keith and Izzy, waiting for Madison to return with her bag.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Bobby's plan was going to need considerable modification. Now that he could see the full extent of the situation, Bobby knew that there were a number of problems that could derail it entirely. The first of which was, simply, that there were two more people than he had initially thought there were. Considering that Bobby had no experience with the Carbine whatsoever (though he had practiced reloading and readying it to fire a couple of times) he knew that he was ill equipped to deal with four opponents. Two would have been difficult enough, four was nigh on impossible.

The second problem went hand in hand with the first. In spotting the fourth member of the group at the top of the hill, Bobby had also taken note that he had been holding a weapon, a rather formidable shotgun at that. Whilst the 'player' inside of him screamed its desire for such a good gun, the pratical side of Bobby reminded him that in order to obtain it, he would have to either kill, incapacitate, or somehow intimidate the guy with the shotgun into giving it up. Considering the circumstances, any one of those eventualities was highly unlikely. A third difficulty, and a rather embarassing one at that, was that Bobby didn't actually know any of the four well enough to know them by name. Although all were vaguely familiar, Bobby couldn't bring names to the faces. He knew that would work in the opposite direction too. Bobby was a big guy, muscular, probably rather intimidating if you didn't know him well - and few did. Unfortunately, Bobby couldn't rely on not being recognised either, as the death of Christopher Straton had been well publicised in the local news. It was a sticky situation.

Bobby thought for a moment or two, then decided the best option would be to try and alter his appearence a little. Reaching back, he pulled the band keeping his dreadlocks contained off his hair, causing his unruly tails - several of them, to fall all around his head. Bobby grinned and tucked a stray dread behind one ear. He knew he must look like some sort of caveman.

The boxer narrowed his eyes as he observed problem number four. She had headed back down from the hill after a brief rendevous with whoever was inside. Her intent became clear when she picked up a bag from the ground. Bobby was about close enough to see the words 'G01 Madison Conner' on the back. Bobby smiled again. Deception time starts ... now!

"Over here girl!" he barked, wincing at how gruff he sounded. "You playing?" Bobby hoped that the slight edge of worry in his voice would be interpreted as anxiety at finding himself in SOTF rather than worry at being found out.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison gasped delicately, turning around from the direction the rough voice had flown from. Her brown hair swayed back and forth, some strands covering her right shoulder. "W-who's that?" she squeaked, her weapon behind her back and completely out of sight. Under most circumstances Madison would have swung the axe. She would have swung it as fast as she could in an attempt to defend herself, but that slight decimal of being worried made her think otherwise.

The thing she saw was very intimidating, at least from where she was standing at that moment. A very tall, dark skinned man was towering over her. She couldn't say that she knew who he was, but she tried to force a smile anyway when she noticed that he wasn't doing anything too hostile like she was imagining he was. Despite this, his build was one thing that wasn't making her nerves relax at all. He wasn't a bodybuilder, but from the looks of his arms, he could really slug someone if he really wanted to. Then her eyes trailed downwards, and caught a glimpse of something. Something that made her smile completely dissolve off her lips.

A gun.

Another gun.

A large one at that.

Madison was more than nervous. She was down right terrified.

There was a point in the conversation where Madison's anxiety was exchanged with something else. There was something that she recalled him saying that made her forget about the gun in his hands, and that... was when he called her by 'girl'. Girl? GIRL? My name's Madison Conner, thank you very much. Who the hell does this bastard think he is? Madison was still very much afraid of the gun itself, but now he insulted her. Due to the tense feeling of the situation she was in, what with all the killing going around, Madison wasn't entirely amused by neither what he called her and the way he said it.

"W-w-who wants to know?" Madison asked assertively, her anger boiling slowly. There were times in the girl's life that she could get mad. Really mad. Mad enough to blow a complete gasket.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Bobby pushed away the smile that was threatening to break out on his face with difficulty, resulting in only a very slight twitch of his lips, which could have meant anything to an observer. The girl - Madison, if Bobby was to judge by her pack, had almost jumped out of her skin when he called out, and it was this he had found so humourous. Judging by her reaction, she appeared to be rather meek, but Bobby hadn't missed her weapon when he had spotted her earlier. The boxer really didn't feel like getting a chunk taken out of his arm, or indeed anywhere else, and he knew he would have to tread warily.

When Madison countered with a question of her own, something in her tone made Bobby suspect he hadn't quite said the right thing. Bobby cursed inwardly, knowing that getting her back up really wasn't the way to run things if he was planning on carrying out his idea. Bobby held up his left hand in a placating gesture and directed the barrel of his gun away from Madison altogether, hoping that it would stop it from seeming quite so threatening.

"Sorry," he told her. "That wasn't particularly courteous of me," Bobby was a rather better speaker than you might expect from his appearence, a result of all the books he read, some of them pretty complicated. "I'm a little afraid, and I don't know your name. It sort of came out wrong," Bobby hoped like hell his apology sounded as sincere to her as it sounded to him, otherwise that axe may well have been out and swinging. "I'm Bobby Jacks," he went on to say, the new hope being that Madison didn't follow the sports news. The girl finding out she was standing right by a murderer (though, considering Tyson's death, the point was moot) was unlikely to help Bobby's cause.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison's eyes didn't divert back down to see his gun being pointed away from her, nor did she even acknowledge his left hand being stretched outwards. His tone had taken a complete change, but the girl's suspicions weren't at all effected. In fact, her suspicions grew even deeper, as though Bobby's change of attitude did more bad than good. Her axe slowly came out from it's hiding place, her right hand tightening on it.

"Madison." She spoke coldly, a sudden contrast to her usual timid self. "The name's Madison Conner. Charmed. Very."

It took her a moment to realize how rude she was being to the taller man. She was being a complete bitch towards him just because he called her 'girl'. Her cheeks flushed a bright red in embarrassment, her axe moving away from it's spot and arrived right behind her body. Her open hand rubbed her neck softly, a habit that she most likely picked up from one of the few true friends that she had outside of the game. Way to go Madison. Now you sound like a complete bitch. I bet if he could he would really use that gun on you when your back is turned. She tried to energize her tone, to make it sound like she was happy to be on this island (although this was more of a challenge than she had first anticipated).

"Oh! I-I'm sorry about that," she tried to apologize, studdering once again. "It's just that... well, t-this game has just gotten to me and... well... yeah. I'm sorry I took that the wrong way completely, it's not normally in my nature to get so cold around people who I find suspicious... not to, like, say that you are suspicious. I'm j-just using that as a general statement... I suppose..."

She was stumbling over her own wording again, making her even more embarrassed. Whenever making idle conversation with somebody that she wasn't totally familiar with, she would freeze up and stutter as if she were frozen into a block of ice. And that wasn't exactly a good thing in the eyes of normal kids. Which was why Madison so many few friends.

"But..." she continued, trying to put what just happened behind her. "To answer your question from before.... no... I'm not playing the game... or, at least I'm going to try my best to avoid doing that.... w-what about you? Are you not playing either?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Izzy looked quite confused as Madison admitted to having to go back and get her daypack, she barely getting a word out before the other girl was taking off and she was left standing there almost stunned watching the girl wobble, and stagger away, glancing back to Keith and Trey with loud sigh as she pressed her hands to her face, breathed in, held it, counted to ten and let it back out. Deciding simply to do as asked and watch out for her, because she didn't make it seem like the pack was too far away, so she shouldn't be gone for too terribly long, right? But as the minutes passed on and she stood there near the door, continuing to watch for something – what she wasn't to sure, arms folded over her waist as she tapped her foot annoyingly against the floorboards as she waited to see any sign of the other girl, because as Keith had mentioned it wasn't safe leaving the door open like this.

But what if Madison had collapsed, or passed or something... she had seemed pretty exhausted when she had seemed pretty exhausted just a minute ago, so it was possible, right? Or... whatever if she had run into someone, she couldn't see anything from where she was standing but what if Madison was in trouble, she couldn't just leave the girl to get hurt.

God damn it.

Damn her good nature, damn it to the bowels of hell where it belonged right now, gripping tighter at the weapon held tightly in her hand. But... but she couldn't just rush out there like damn Super-Girl or something, she might be well trained in fighting but that didn't mean her martial arts training stopped bullets, but oh how useful that would be at the moment. And fact of the matter was she couldn't risk running out there in case someone had come through. But there wasn't any gun-fire or any screaming, so unless her throat and been slit or the gun had a silencer she would herself wondering if passing out from exhaustion would be the case of the matter. Chewing on her bottom lip again, she sighed glancing back to the two boys, she couldn't just stand here with the door wide open for who knows what to come waltzing in, even more so if it was a player.

But she was torn really on just what to do now, tapping her foot out of nervousness now. "She should have came back by now if it was just to get her bag, right?" She found herself muttering, glancing back to the others, eyeing Keith somewhat. "I mean, like 'ya said – I don't like just keeping this door open, but – but..." Izzy sighed at this point, biting down on her lip, trying to play hero wasn't going to help her in the long run, but what else could she do? She couldn't just let people just get killed either... standing still for a few moments longer, she stepped back out of the doorway and pushed the door shut, and pulled the lock back in place and sighed again. Returning to the table and placing the weighted chain down and picking up her own small bag, smiling a bit weakly to the two others in the room.

"I'm going to upstairs, get some air and look out for her... just in case, or something. Anyway, if anyone tries to come up again, at least we'll be able to see who it is before answering the door now." Izzy gave lightly, before moving off without another word, up the stairs leading up and up until she came to another door sitting on a small landing. Pushing it open and glancing around, unable to help the small shiver that escaped her from the breeze present this high up, taking a moment to glance up and down the walkway on this side of the building before proceeding to move along to where the walkway sat over where the door, some stories down now was. Swallowing hard at just how up she was before falling back and leaning against the wall, letting out a shaken sound...

Izzy wasn't too sure how much more of this she could take, her damn pride being the only keeping her from crying again. Because-because she needed to keep it together... for the people downstairs that she was now seemed to be working with, not to mention if she wanted to find her friends.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Bobby grimaced slightly at the question Madison directed at him. Here was when he was going to have to start the real deception, his cool and acting ability would be under duress... Bobby considered though, did he really have to lie? He could manage most of this through half-truths. Not quite lying, but certainly witholding information. Namely the fact that he had declared to a security camera and the world that he was playing.

Oh the drama... this is just going to make people think it's the third series of the reality TV shows. This could almost be a storyline. I bet people at home are watching and begging Madison not to fall for it, not to be taken in. I wonder... is anybody rooting for me?

Bobby pulled himself from his thoughts to concentrate on the fabrication.
"No I'm not but..." Bobby sighed (rather convincingly, he thought) "I have killed somebody. It was Tyson, Tyson Neills. When I woke up, I saw him, and he ended up pointing this here gun at me," Bobby waved the carbine slightly for emphasis. "He pretty much declared his intent to kill me... I didn't have much of a choice," Bobby was pleased to discover sadness and confusion creeping into his voice all by itself. The emotions were present in Bobby, he was just surpressing them ruthlessly. Allowing them a chance to surface would just make his charade all the more convincing. One thing Bobby didn't have was regret - Tyson had been trying to kill him, why should he feel bad about it?

Luckily, he had managed to keep the lying to a minimum. Unless Madison was very perceptive indeed, there was surely no way that she could figure out he wasn't telling the truth. After all, Bobby had only lied outright once, and he was sure he had sounded heartfelt. Hopefully, it sounded the same to her as it did to him...
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"...Y-y-you what? You... killed somebody..."

He killed someone... Madison had believed what Bobby had said about Tyson Neills. She didn't know Tyson personally, but he was certainly annoying. Madison found him to be someone that she would never, ever get close to, even if the both of them were the last people on Earth. Still... Bobby killed Tyson? Most of all, was it in self-defense? Madison wanted to frown, but she forced herself to keep a steady smile. Why would Tyson throw himself in the line of fire? If that gun was the weapon that Bobby was assigned... then Tyson would have gone with the smart idea and tried not to start anything.... and if Tyson really did have a much better weapon, then Bobby wouldn't have stood a chance. I wonder if Bobby's lying to me... Madison shook her head. She really didn't know it, but Bobby had taken Tyson's weapon as his own.

"Y-Yeah..." she told the boy. "I really couldn't blame you... I guess, in that sort of situation, I would have done the exact same thing... I would have protected myself against another hostile person... I don't hold anything against you.

"Well... if you aren't playing the game, we have a fort set up o-over there..." She motioned towards the tower in the distance. "If you want you could come along with me, I can vouch for you... i-if you want... I-I don't want to force you into this decision or anything... y-you do what you want. Don't let me decide for you..."

Visually, Madison was very trusting of Bobby. Mentally, it was less so. Unbeknown to him her grasp on the axe tightened, as though she was expecting that she was going to use it in a short time. I think I can trust this guy... but I have to make sure. I have to make sure that this guy really is trustworthy.

"But..." Madison continued, her right hand pointing down to his Pistol Carbine, her smile still seeming sincere. This was the true test for the boy, as though Madison was challenging him. "This is not because I'm not trusting you at all Bobby... You look very trustworthy, you really do... but I'm not sure what the others will think when I bring you in with a loaded gun and a kill count to boot. So just to be safe... Unload the gun and give it to me. I'll show them it and tell them that you're one of us, and then they'll probably let you in."
Namira

Post by Namira »

Bobby had braced himself for an explosion, accusations, and possible the eventuality of having to dodge an axe swing. He was most relieved when Madison didn't start a verbal assault, or worse yet, a physical one. You could never predict a person's reaction, even if you thought you knew them well - and that was most certainly not the case here. Bobby managed to avoid smiling, keeping his face carefully neutral as Madison extended an offer to join there group. Thusfar, things were working perfectly.

However, Bobby's plan hit a speed bump as Madison continued speaking - she wanted him to give up his weapon, as a gesture of good faith it seemed. That put all sorts of complicated factors into the equation, and Bobby hesitated before replying to her request. His mind whizzed along at hundreds of miles per hour, and Bobby decided on an option that he knew was risky, but more favourable than any of the others.

He could refuse, but that wouldn't look very good, and it would probably stop the plan dead there and then. Of course, he could refuse and pull the gun on Madison, but that would mean sacrificing his anonymity, and he wasn't prepared to do that quite yet. He could go for a comprimise, but what would be the point of having a gun with no ammo in it? It would just end up making him seem more suspicious. In Bobby's mind, that left him with only one option.

I call your bluff, and raise you double...

Bobby engaged the safety on his carbine, reversed it, and offered it to Madison, grip first. It still had ammunition loaded. Bobby met Madison's gaze levely. This was either going to be really good, or really bad.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Madison smiled as Bobby handed her the carbine, having not unloaded it but such a trivial detail wasn't going to make her lose any sleep. She wrapped her open hand around the middle of the carbine, not entirely expecting to have to use it. Obviously, Bobby was either much more trustworthy than Madison had first thought when she had seen him, or he was in the running to win an Emmy for best acting. Whichever the case it was, Madison's fears seemed to dwell down, although her other hand didn't loosen it's grip on her axe for one second.

And... it appeared as though she wasn't going to let go of it anytime soon.

"Alright... Just follow me." Madison told him, soon heading down to the tower, looking back to make sure if the boy was going to follow after her. She tried her best not to stumble, because even if she had fallen and lost her grip on the axe, it would be an opportune time for Bobby to take advantage of the situation and killed her.

Even though she was open to the idea of trusting the boy, the fact that he had killed someone else was still ringing inside of her head. She just couldn't let go of the fact that he had taken someone else's life, even if the reason for that was if good faith like self-defense. If that was the only way she could ever fight, to kill people just to protect herself, she would have killed Paul only hours ago. She would have killed Izzy too. And that man with the shotgun. And that other boy she had seen. This wasn't a simple "Dog-eat-dog" affair. If she could play this game up to this point without killing at least one person, then surely someone like Bobby could. That was Madison's problem. That Bobby had chosen the most violent option and killed someone whom he could have easily knocked out otherwise.

Madison wanted to give a glance back to Bobby from behind, but she really wanted it to make it appear as though she wasn't suspicious. She reached the doorway finally to find that it was closed. She dropped her axe to the side of the door in an attempt to open the door handle, but it was locked behind it.. With a very loud (and annoyed) sigh, her hand pounded against the door. "Hey! It's me, Madison! I-I just saw this other kid outside when I was getting my bag. He... He says that he isn't playing the game, so I told him he could stay here with us..." Madison looked over at Bobby, a quick thought running through her mind. I hope he is friendly.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

In the time since Izzy had moved upstairs onto the walkway, she had busied herself between watching out for Madison and glancing over the pictures she had stored on her camera. Almost odd to stand here and glance over her own smiling face, crazy how a few hours ago she had been only focusing on having a good end-of-the-year trip with the rest of her graduating seniors, now she was going to have to try and survive through who knew how many days --if she managed to make it that far-- in a 'game' where only one in the end would be left alive. It was frightening... wondering if she'd ever get a chance to smile like that again, frowning in thought over this because it really did seem like some dream, that she was still telling herself that at any moment she was going to wake up and they where still going to be on that bus, off to that stupid camping trip... but it wouldn't happen would it? And Izzy found herself left only to sigh and hope that her friends would remain safe long enough for them to run into one another...

Andy she wasn't as worried about, he had a good head on his shoulders and she trusted him to stay away from the dangerous people, it was more Adam that she found herself worried over – faintly remembering Keith's words downstairs, sure she trusted him to watch out for himself, though she could only wonder what he must be going through being caught up in this all over again, what where the chances after all? Less of course they where aiming to bring him back, then that was just really fucked up – not to mentioned the still wondering thoughts over who might try and go after him for having some pride in having the first winner on their list of kills.

An odd sound though broke her of her thoughts concerning others, shutting her camera off and returning it to her bag as she moved to the railing of the walkway and glanced over, smiling lightly at the sight of Madison but it just as quickly leaving at the unfamiliar sight with her, unable to truly tell just who it might be from this height, though still turning and jogging back to the stairs and moving toward them quickly as she reappeared downstairs, and frowned somewhat. Wondering why the other two hadn't opened the door for the other girl, but simply shrugged and moved toward the door, smiling somewhat as she undid the lock and pulled it open – continuing to smile lightly toward the two as she finally allowed herself to glance the boy with Madison over, tilting her head somewhat and blinking toward the other girl. The male looked... familiar in a sense, well they did go to school together after all, but there was something more eating at the back of Izzy's mind that seemed important.

But in the end she just flicked the thought away, glancing toward the gun present in the girl's hand – wondering if it had belonged to the boy with her, pursing her lips somewhat and musing somewhat in her head. Well she supposed if he was willing to give his pistol up like that, than he continued be too bad, right? "Nee, so who's your friend there Madison?" She questioned, moving to step aside somewhat and open the door more, glancing back toward the two other boys with a bit of grin, just happy that an alliance seemed to be building, though a little rough around the edges, if they could more non-players then able they'd be able to do something, to think of a plan where the final outcome of all this didn't have to be only one single winner.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

A gun.

An Armalon PC Carbine, to be exact. It was only about several pounds, as far as weighing it in one's hands could find, but to Madison it felt as though it weighed a ton. So heavy... I can't believe it... I never actually thought that I'd ever have to hold a gun. A real, live gun. And it's loaded too. The girl gulped delicately, her right hand rubbing the stock back and forth. Her pointing finger gently wrapped itself around the trigger, trying her best not to accidentally pull down on it and waste a bullet. She felt nauseous, like the world was closing in on her and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Dizzy. Sick.

A thought occurred to her. What if she took this gun and killed everyone? She had the power. She had a gun, and from the looks of it, one that can do some nasty damage. There WAS another man with a shotgun, but Madison could easily take him down if she were quick enough in her attack. Her assault. She liked Izzy and all. The girl seemed like someone you could always align yourself with. Madison liked that about her, and she had only known her for a couple of hours. But was that enough to stop her from killing? Was that going to be enough?

No.

Madison felt like slapping herself. What are you thinking? These people want to protect you, keep you safe. How could you ever turn down such a peaceful proposition? Izzy's trustworthy, and those other two men seem like they aren't going to play either. Bobby... Bobby's still pretty much in the air. You'll be safe with the rest of them. Madison felt just a little more calm.

She really didn't want to play this hell-bound game. She truly didn't, but there wasn't many things in the way of options. There was for her to lay down and wait for someone to end her life for her. Another choice would be to find a way to defeat the system and the terrorists that had kidnapped her and her fellow classmates, and escape. That one seemed the least likely, as far as success goes. Then... there was playing the game. Actually wanting to kill other kids her age, whether she knew them personally or not. And that, to Madison, did not sit well to her. But... the more and more she thought about it, the more and more participating in Survival of the Fittest became a logical choice. Madison shivered violently, still looking down at the Pistol Carbine. What the hell is wrong with you?!! You actually want to play this game? This fucking game? It is the best way of surviving, but... Do you really think you can kill everyone that you've ever known?

She didn't even notice as the door swung. When she did, her eyes wandered back up to meet Izzy's, this time actually forcing a smile. "O-Oh, him?" Madison turned around to look at the boy from behind, then back over to Izzy. Her left hand let go of the Pistol Carbine so as to rub the back of her neck. "That's... Bobby Jacks, I think. He says he isn't playing the game either, and I thought he could come into the tower with the rest of us. I doubt you'd mind that... I mean, he seems..."

Suddenly, Madison saw something move in the background. A black shadow. Her hands shook violently, being pulled away from what she was talking about. "W-what was-"

POP!

Madison's right hand jolted back, nearly letting go of the gun that she had taken from Bobby. She didn't know what had just happened. D-did the gun... just.... fire?

She looked down at her hand, her finger pressed down against the trigger. Smoke was slowly rising from the barrel, as if it were trying to signify that Madison had just fucked up royally. Madison looked back up, in the direction that the Pistol Carbine had been pointed in.

Izzy was standing there. She was the one who opened the door.

"N-No..."
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

There was only three times in Izzy's life that she could really describe as being absolutely painful experience, all having to do with breaking something or the other in either martial arts or gymnastics. The first time had been when she had been young... maybe six or seven when she had been practicing cartwheels or something and she had slipped out under her own weight and collapsed awkwardly on top of her arm, breaking it right there and leaving her a crying mess in the middle of the mats with other girls in her age group looking on until her mother arrived and took her to the hospital, remembering faintly the bright pink cast she wore for a month and a half while her arm healed. The second time also had to with gymnastics, those this time she had been a bit older and this one had been the result of losing her balance on the nicely titled balance beam, and needed up breaking both her foot and her ankle when she tried to recover and only ended up fall out across the mats, not crying this time, but more or less cursing whatever god should could remember at that point in time.

The third time had happened a little over a year ago, sometime after she had starting taking lessons in ju-jutsu, something new and different compared to what she had been studying in her the other martial arts she took. This didn't last long though, because one afternoon while sparring with a man at least twice both her weight and size managed to land a perfectly good uppercut right into her nose, of course there was a lot of apologizing after it happened but Izzy had the time had been far to busy trying to once again not cry, and try keep the blood off everyone else and the mat. This-this new sensation thought took the cake, and really who would have guessed something like this would already be happening – the bullet itself when it pierced her right shoulder blade, wondering how different this might have been if she hadn't been partly turned to glance toward the other two boys, nor highly curious about their apparent new member, she didn't have time for any of that as she found herself over come with a flash of pain as the bullet broke through skin and sped on through like it was nothing.

Something – almost like spark lightly a fire flashed through her, pain exploding in the area where the bullet had entered and rushing, pinching down on each nerve, unable to help the half-yell, half-scream that escaped her lips as she collapsed partly against the door, hand reaching up to clench tightly at the wound, her undershirt already soaking up the blood, the white-and-black striped undershirt turning an ugly shade of red and black instead as slipping against the ground, more flashes of pain rushing up through her. Just what had happened? Swallowing hard to keep from making any other noises as she rose her attention, trying to focus in on Madison – but the pain was making it hard to see, hard to concentrate really and focus on a single person or thing because her mind was swimming, drowning really in the horrid feeling over her on the verge of upsetting her stomach it was just that painful. Never in a million years did she think she'd actually be shot... by a needle maybe, but not an actual bullet.

But why had... why would Madison go and do something like that? Izzy just couldn't understand, one minute she's smiling and the next she's firing, less that was her plan all along... then why, was that Bobby kid part of this too? Taking in a deep, shuddered breath Izzy somehow managed to find it in herself to speak, ignoring the warm feeling slipping between her fingers.

"Wha-what... why would you do something like that?" She spoke, partly whimpering as she tried to find it in herself to get back on her feet, but even that was proving as hard as wanting to move the injured shoulder. Legs shaking under the pressure but managed to find support in the door, trying hard just to get her breathing under control.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Bobby was more surprised than he was willing to admit when Madison suddenly fired the gun he had surrendered to her. Considering he had entered right behind her, Bobby was probably the closest person to the carbine when it went off, and he almost wet himself at the unexpected noise. Although he had been about to open his mouth to introduce himself to the girl who had opened the door (rather frustratingly, even close up, he couldn't recall her name) Bobby knew that he was perfectyl capable of readjusting to the situation. As unfavourable as this incident might have been, there still could be some way to turn it to his advantage...

It would have been a lie to say that Bobby's next actions were executed entirely because of careful planning and consideration. At least in part, Bobby did what he did because he knew that it would be a priority to take Madison down if she suddenly flipped out and started shooting. But... was that because he himself didn't want to get hurt, or because he wanted to stop anyone else getting hurt? It was a disturbing thought.

Regardless, Bobby proceeded to launch himself forwards, aiming his shoulder at Madison's upper back in order to utilise his prodigious strength in knocking her clean off of her feet. Hopefully she was too taken up in the shock of having pulled of a shot and hit her friend to realise Bobby was coming up behind her. Considering the size and weight difference, it was likely to hurt Madison a good deal if he were to connect.

Now... there's no risk of the gun going off again because it's bolt action. I can justify doing this by saying I thought she might have gone crazy, and was trying to protect everyone else. If she hasn't gone crazy, well... I've explained myself.

On the other hand... in the long run, this wouldn't really help him to execute his plan. Hell, he didn't even know exactly what the plan was yet. It wouldn't be a particularly good first impression if they took Bobby's shoulder tackle the wrong way either. It really just depended on the state of mind of the others inside the lookout.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

With all of the talking and shuffling about that had been happening while people seemed to be coming and going from the Lookout Tower, Keith Jackson had kept to himself. The situation was getting more and more complex by the second, as the more people came into the small tower, the more that the likelihood that they became a larger target.

Not to mention the fact that half of these people I don`t know...

Keith'd been leaning against the wall when Madison had run out to get her pack and then had come in holding a gun with another boy in tow. As he'd glanced at the boy, his eyes had narrowed as he'd sized him up and down. This new boy was familiar to him, even though he'd barely spoken with him before.

Bobby Jacks was something of an infamous figure in Southridge High School, and it was for much of the same reasons that Adam Dodd had gathered up infamy. When Bobby Jacks had killed that other kid in the wrestling match (or whatever it had been), the whole school had basically turned against him, seeing him as almost a leper of sorts. Keith had been one of them, as he tended to follow the larger attitudes of the crowd. Bobby was undoubtedly someone who didn't seem to have much of a problem killing someone, and Keith wondered if it'd translated over to the game. Of course, Bobby's infamy hadn't lasted when Dodd had transferred to Southridge, but just the same, it wasn't like all had been forgotten.

Just as Keith had been recalling the prior events that'd happened in the school year, things started happening a lot more quickly. He couldn't say what Madison had been thinking when she squeezed a shot off towards the door leading into the back of the tower, but he was undoubtedly aware that Izzy had just made her way into the back of the tower only moments before.

What the fuck is this shit? Ambush?

As soon as Madison had squeezed off the shot, Keith had sprang forward, shotgun at the ready. Pointing the shotgun at Madison and Bobby, he briefly glanced back to see that Izzy had indeed been hit, and was trying to scramble back to her feet. Furious, Keith pointed the shotgun at the two newer arrivals, and felt the blood rush through his veins.

"Stay where you are! Don't fuckin' move! I will shoot 'ya, I swear to God! Dr-"

Keith was about to command them to drop the weapon and leave, but was interrupted by Bobby's sudden move towards Madison. He couldn't figure out if it was a protective-type of move, or an attack, but it didn't really matter. The fact was, that now? Now, Keith didn't trust either of them, especially after Izzy had just ended up shot because of them.

Taking a small step back, but keeping the shotgun at the ready, he waited for the scene in front of him to play out, at the same time, barking out an order that he hoped the two of them would follow.

"HEY! Drop the fuckin' gun! Drop it, and get the hell outta' here, or I'm not gonna' think twice 'bout shootin' you guys! You've used up any points that'chya may've had with me, and now I want 'ya GONE!"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.

Return to “Lookout Tower”