Fighting for something you already lost.

[CONTENT WARNING: SOMEONE DEEPTHROATS A SHOTGUN]

The southeastern part of the island is covered in a dense, dark forest. Somewhere within the forest, a tree fort once belonging to a young child has been erected within the trees. Don't let your guard down here, there's no telling who's hiding in the nearby bushes waiting to strike.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As the girl broke the silence, Sarah slowly, as not to make any sudden movements, put down the boot and grabbed the running shoe that she had been attempting to put on before. Sliding the shoe onto her foot, she kept her gaze aimed squarely at An Linh in front of her. When An Linh let her know exactly how she felt as far as another fist-fight went, Sarah feverishly shook her head.

"No, no, no. Believe me, I'm not looking for a fight! I just woke up. I don't want any trouble, believe me."

It was at that exact moment when the new arrival burst onto the scene, taking both girls by surprise. In a flash of panic, Sarah realized that she hadn't even looked into her bag to see what her weapon was. When it came to defending herself, she could be caught with a butter knife, or even a dirty old shoe. She didn't know.

Shit! That should have been the first thing that I did! UGH! Sarah, come on, you're smarter than this! Quickly falling in to a situation that you don't want to be in!

Looking at the new arrival, she gave him a very quick once-over. He didn't have any discernable weapon in his hands, and while An Linh had her brass knuckles, Sarah immediately got a really bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Not to mention the fact that she'd been kidnapped and forced to play for her life. Feeling rather insecure, Sarah quickly reached over and stuffed her hand inside of her pack.

Quickly glancing over at An Linh, she hissed something over at her so that the newcomer couldn't hear.

"There's something odd about that guy. I don't know you very well, An Linh, but I don't know him at all, and I'd rather take my chances with you! Besides, you have the..."

Sarah trailed off as she pulled her assigned weapon out of her bag, and her eyes bugged out as she saw what it was.

Sarah Dao had the Ingram MAC-10 submachine gun.

"...weapon..."

Eyes widening as the machine gun glinted in the sun that was peeking down through the trees, Sarah immediately, and almost reflexively pointed the weapon at the new boy. Her hands shook with uncertainty, and Sarah never thought she'd be the type to point a loaded weapon at someone else, but she still felt disoriented from whatever drugs that they used to knock the kids out, and Sarah didn't want to do anything before she was able to get herself properly awakened.

"Um...don't move! Don't make me do anything I wouldn't wanna do!" Sarah tried putting on her most menacing voice, and glanced over at An Linh.

"Well? Are...are you with me?"

Way to exude the confidence, Sarah. If this kid has some sort of concealed weapon, you could have just signed your own death sentence!
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

((Continued from: Lost))

Lance groaned as he tried to push his way through the forest. He had no idea how to move silently through such a noisy place, so he just focused on moving. It wasn't easy, though; the brush was thick and the plants scratched his skin and his shirt. The fact that he had to focus on keeping his weapon around his shoulder didn't make him any less irritated.

He took a short pause and used his shirt to wipe his face. It removed the thin layer of sweat and dirt that he'd accumulated, as well as some facial oils that gathered on his face now and then. Using cleanser was the one area of grooming he never felt compelled to do.

No sooner did he put his shirt back down than he heard a shrill voice.

"Um...don't move! Don't make me do anything I wouldn't wanna do!"

Sarah?

He pushed aside the last bit of greenery, revealing a clearing dead ahead of him. He looked around, checking for other students. Sarah was there, alright, and she was also pointing a submachine gun at an infamiliar boy who looked like he took his studies seriously. Lastly, there was An Linh standing near Sarah, looking as though she had only recently been through a fight.

Sarah gave An Linh a brief glance, still pointing the gun at the other boy. "Well? Are...are you with me?" she asked An Linh nervously.

What now? Sarah could be out of it for all I know. But I need their help if I'm going to find Kasumi! Given the circumstances, there was only one thing Lance could do.

He stepped out fully into the clearing, hands in the air where everyone could see them. He gave the girls a smile and did his best to look nonthreatening. "Sarah. An Linh." He briefly glanced at the other boy. "Guy I don't know yet. I'm glad to see you all." And yet Kasumi isn't with them. Pity.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

At the rate things were going, things were not going good.

Whatever original plan An Linh had come up with before finding herself in such a situation was simply to strike out on her own in the most discreet way possible as to not bump into any unwanted encounters.  Basically, the essential idea was, the less people she saw, the better.  That had been the original plan.  Of course, seeing Jonathan Michaels blow up the head of some boy caused her to side track a bit.  As it turned out, the plan was now pretty much blown to shit now that An Linh found herself not only face to face with one newcomer, but two.  She recognized the form of Lance Adams immediately.  The name of the other girl still escaped her, but An Linh was pretty sure that she had seen her somewhere around Hobbsborough...

Of course, that was completely beyond An Linh's concern when Sarah suddenly pulled her designated weapon.

For a moment, An Linh's heart stopped at the sight of the ingram, the feeling of blood draining away from her face and uprushing into her head caused the world around her to sway slightly.  Shaking her head, both out of incredulity at the very weapon, as well as to clear out the sudden bout of dizziness, she stepped away from the other girl.  Clenching her brass knuckles in apprehension, she knew that such weapons were useless against the devastating rapid fire of a submachine gun.

But her surprise was furthered when the dark-haired girl gripped the machine gun to automatically point towards not An Linh, but Lance Adams, shouting a threat that seemed more a promise than anything, given the weapon that she was using to intimidate him.  

And as an inquiry was made towards An Linh's direction, she couldn't help but blink in surprise, more at the fact that the girl hadn't already mowed her down at point-blank than anything.  

In her mind, there was doubt and mistrust, which showed in an expression of suspicion of An Linh's face.  But then the thought occured to the deliberating, uncertain An Linh...

If you can't beat 'em....join 'em?

Looking towards the other girl, she nodded slightly.  The gesture was a curt one, with underlying indecision, but it was a distinct sign of acknowledgement nonetheless.

She turned back to Lance Adams, calmly ignoring his attempt at friendliness.

"Hey, Lance...let me see your weapons."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Lance's first impression didn't go well. Sarah trained her weapon on him, and An Linh had curtly asked to see his weapons.

He sighed and moved the rope from his shoulder to his hand. "You're looking at it," he explained. "All I got was this length of rope." To further prove his vulnerability, he opened his daypack and held the zipper open, revealing the contents to the others in the forest. "You three are the first people I've met since we got here."

He knew that he was taking a big risk by exposing himself, but he believed that these were people he could trust, and he needed to make sure that they trusted him.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Strawberry Prince†

Post by Strawberry Prince† »

Alexander froze when one of the girls whipped out a gun. A machine gun by the looks of it. Bloody hell, I just barley started the game! Alexander almsot sneered when the girl said she didn't trust him.  The history boy was afraid this might be gameover when another boy enetered the scene. He didn't seem to have any threatening weapons however this helped Alex breathe when the girl pointed the gun toward the other boy.

It seemed that the boys weapon was a rope. A rope?! Hahah! Shame, shame! Maybe this is my chance in order to get away.... Alexander pondered weather to hightail it out of there or stay and see what happened. The boy and the girl with the brass knuckles seemed to know each other, he also knew the girl wih the machine gun. An Linh....Lance......Sarah....Intresting... he thought peering at the three of them.

What to do!? What to do!? I should talk, it'd make me look more like a friend than a outsider or enemy. Hmmm.....Is there any stradegy to avoid this? The most logical thing to do is to try to be friends with these folks.....

"O-Oh, I'm Alexander.....Bee." he finished making himself known again. "I have no weapons either, you three are the first people I've encountered on the island." he said, training his eyes on each of them. "Like Lance is implying I don't want to fight, but I do however want to get off of this accursed island. Do any of you have any ideas?" he asked. And ti has started. The history nerd has talked more and more and when that happens it makes it easier for Alexander to cope in situations. Talking is always a helpful thing.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

There was very little that Sarah Dao was thinking about right now aside from how her heavily beating heart was probably loud enough so that the other occupants of their small slice of forest were probably wondering if she was going to explode. If she were to explode, she knew that it would be loud, messy, and (with any luck) intensely violent. However, she ALSO knew that the human heart was not made up of C4, and thanks to that, she wasn't going to explode and take everyone with her. She DID know that the area was quickly filling up, and this was a fact that she wasn't comfortable with. The other Asian girl next to her seemed to have agreed that the more didn't entirely equal the merrier, and both of the newcomers, Lance and Alex, seemed to be relatively agreeable people. Nonetheless, Sarah didn't know them, nor trusted them.

Holding her Uzi with a steady hand, Sarah walked around closer to the girl who she was placing a ridiculous amount of trust in to start off with (something she didn't usually do), and stood beside her, as if to show that they were one cohesive unit. Which they weren't, but the boys didn't know that. As she listened to Alex claim that he had no weapons, Sarah couldn't help but not believe him.

"Well...hello, Alexander. And Lance. I'm - it's-none-of-your-damn-business, and I don't like you. It's nothing personal, but you exude this 'maybe I have a weapon that I'm not showing you' aura, and it just doesn't sit well with me. Mainly you, Alex."

Frankly, Sarah wasn't used to being in control at all. Nor was she used to threatening people with an Uzi. But the powerful weapon gave Sarah a strange sense of power that she felt almost immediately. Her confidence had risen a little bit, and mainly thanks to the fact that she hadn't taken much time to think about her situation, she was simply running on adrenaline alone. Glancing at An Linh, she wondered what the girl was thinking under that stoic visage of hers.

Hopefully it's not how to make fucking cookies, or else I'm baked. Literally!
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Keeping your sense and sanity can really be something of a challenge if you're surrounded by potential killers who might be out be looking to knife you in the back or mow you down with bullets from say... a submachine gun for example.  Then again, there was just no overlooking that primal instinct for survival that kicked in at the face of danger, allowing to surface up a whole new level of thinking and reason that geared towards one thing only, which was making the best out of the circumstances to gain the best chance for survival.

It was that simple, subconscious instinct that induced An Linh to stick to her current survival tactic regardless of all that was happening around her.

And that was, simply put...

To side with the girl with the frikking machine gun!

All in all, one had to admit that An Linh, in spite of her pretense and calculation, was being rather rational about the whole thing.  And personally, seeing what sort of weapon Lance had been designated, between Sarah and Lance, it was just plain common sense to stay on the good side of the one holding the REALLY big gun.

Of course, there was a chance that her fellow asian with the ingram here might turn on her no sooner than a blink of an eye, leaving An Linh riddled with bullets and pummelled into a bloody, pulpy, mess.  Then again, if that truly was her intent, An Linh may as well be worm food right now.  Of course, there might have been other factors that influenced Sarah to decide otherwise...most likely the sheer shock of discovering exactly what her designated weapon was..an ingram of all things.  After all, it was not every day that a teen like Sarah or An Linh herself ever laid hands on a weapon of such potential for destruction, and An Linh had reason to suspect that Sarah was at odds with herself, not knowing what exactly to do now that she wielded such a weapon in her hands before her fellow students.  And then there was another factor to consider, something that An Linh just had to wonder with a certain amount of incredulity...

Is the weapon even loaded?

Considering how recently it was discovered, An Linh had reason to be doubtful.  But that wasn't saying she would go ahead and find out for herself the hard way.  Nonetheless, if it were so, An Linh didn't plan on standing flat-footed once the jig was up.  Gazing towards Sarah from sidelong, shuddering inwardly at the very sight of the firearm in her hand, she decided to stick with her tactic of 'siding with the person holding the gun', and looked towards Alexander and Lance.

"Your packs, both of you," She told them calmly.  "Show us what you've got, and I mean all of it."

Looking towards Sarah for a bit, she murmured, "And perhaps a body search just to be sure."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Strawberry Prince†

Post by Strawberry Prince† »

RUN!!

Alexander started running away from the whole buisness. The moment An Linh ended her sentence the boy started taking off his bag and midway he just broke off into a run away from the whole lot. The boys skin felt like thousands of needles slamming into him. He had a feeling that bullets were going to become a new part of his anatomy. Prepared to be shot Alexander kept running hoping to outrun that paranoid bitch.

The girl was obviously scared of her rocker, but she made one mistake by whipping out that gun. She showed that she was hostile, and anyone else that saw her would consider her a major threat. Especially since she weilded such a gun like that. An Uzi was dangerous, one hit and its all over. Guns itself were a intresting war weapon.

Alexander knew Sarah didn't trust him and more so he could not let them find the Claymore in his backpack or else he'd be done for. He probably wou;d've been doomed if he ever went along joining her. He knew right when An Linh spoke that he had to leave the premisis immediatley. The forest was dangerous, sure there were lsot ofs trees but that dosn't mean it'll stop peopel from taking refuge here or battling others.

He just had enough of the whole buisness, he couldn't waste his time by being ordered around by that silly little girl. It was madness! Alexander needed to take up a different stradegy, he still wanted to head toward the Lighthouse to blow it up but he wasn't sure what kind of obstacles would stand in his way. Sure this time he took a chance but next time he might not be so lucky. If he even is lucky.

((Continued Elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Strawberry Prince. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Lance watched Alexander rocket into the brush with only a bit of surprise. "Huh."

He turned back to An Linh and threw his daypack on the ground in front of her. "Go ahead. But is the body search really necessary? Kasumi's not going to like that if she finds out about that."

He stared into the distance, looking a great deal more worried than before. In the confrontation with two of his schoolmates, he had forgotten about Kasumi. Lance had no idea what sort of trouble she was in right now, and his heart began to quicken as he thought about her.

"L-l-l-look, I need to f-find Kasumi as s-soon as I can. You both know who she is, right? What she looks like? So l-let's just get this search thing over with. I could really use your help. What do you say?" Lance looked like he was about to break down.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Sarah cocked her head a little bit as, seemingly all at once, one of the new arrivals bolted into the forest, and the other asked her a question. Notwithstanding the fact that she was holding a machine gun and in a very rare position (for her), she was a little surprised at the moments of the last few seconds. As he attention went from the departing Alex to the even-more agreeable Lance, she watched as Lance tossed his pack onto the ground in front of An Linh.

Unless he has rocket-hands or laser-beam eyes, or he's just got a REALLY small gun that he can hide in the palm of his hands, it just doesn't seem like this kid's going to try and kill us...

Exhaling the breath that she realized she'd been holding in for almost a minute now, Sarah found herself a lot more relaxed than she'd been. Four people constituted a group. Three...three was a lot more managable. If An Linh and Lance knew each other - which they seemed to, Sarah supposed that she might be able to try and get along with them. If there was something that she didn't want, it was to be alone while people were running around trying to kill her.

"Kasumi...the name sounds kind of familiar but..." Sarah shrugged. She supposed that maybe the girl Lance was looking for was in one of her classes, or something to that effect, but by the way that An Linh reacted, she assumed that she was familiar with the girl.

Sighing a small sigh, Sarah slowly lowered the weapon away from Lance. Truth was, her hands had been sweating and the weapon felt like it weighed a million pounds. Sarah didn't know how she felt about killing - obviously her morals said it was wrong, but at this point in time, it seemed up in the air. Shoving it to the back of her mind, she decided to think about it later. As she lowered the weapon, she looked at both Lance and An Linh and smiled a weak smile.

"A body search...may not be necessary...and I don't...know if I'd be the best person to give one." She blushed. "I'm all for helping him, I'm a sucker for love stories. What do you think, An Linh?"

Sarah definitely felt a little better, though the feeling in the pit of her stomach was screaming at her and telling her otherwise. She ignored it.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

An Linh raised an eyebrow as Alexander bolted into the woods behind him as soon as she had finished speaking, no doubt unwilling to comply with the terms offered to him.  At this, An Linh could not help but smirk slightly.  After all, those with a guilty conscience were the first to run, and Alexander had pretty much proven his conscience there and then simply by running.  Then again, running may have been the rational thing to do when it came to self-preservation...or perhaps Alexander had simply been scared of his wits.

But An Linh had no time to feel any sort of sympathy or even pity towards someone who might as well be a potential danger.  No, she had to look after herself first, and make the most of the circumstances for her own good before the good of others.

Nevertheless, she still had a human side that wasn't completely selfish, nor completely unreceptive to the desperation that others felt.  Though she looked towards Lance with a look of utmost caution, she began to fall silent in contemplation at his mention of Kasumi.  She'd gotten the idea that the two were rather close to eachother back in Hobbsborough, and though that had been no concern of An Linh in the past, the present time was a different case.  

From where she stood, An Linh could see clearly that Lance was on the verge of a breakdown at the very thought of something happening to Kasumi before he found her, and such a sight compelled her to feel only the slightest bit of compassion for this fellow student, in spite of all her initial suspicions of him.

In the end, it was the awareness of her own conscience that caused An Linh to relent, with a slight sigh of sorts.  She eased her cold, defensive demeanor, looking towards Sarah with a resigned expression on her face as she offered her opinion.  In response, An Linh could only agree.  Looking towards Lance, she shrugged slightly.

"Well...as much as I hate the thought of siding with people when the aim of the game is to kill everyone...There's nothing wrong with at least making an attempt to be civil around eachother."

The tension in her stance eased, though she shifted the balance of her weight between her two feet, as though she were tentative on the decision.  Nevertheless, she offered a slight nod of the head towards Lance.

"I guess you might as well side with us.  Maybe it's just that I get the feeling I'll feel guilty for letting go off alone without a real weapon... but I don't think an alliance would hurt."

For the time being, anyways... She thought, the calculating side of her getting the better of her once again.

She looked towards both Sarah and Lance, exchanging glances between them.  "Unless you guys do want to be on your own..."
Buko

Post by Buko »

The Experience One Goes Through In Survival of The Fittest Entry 1- Prologue

Stanley Milgram is not well known in people outside the psychological circuits, however for me he has always been my social psychologist of choice when it came to obedience. Milgram's name in all probability does not elicit the same reaction as Sigmund Freud's, because at the end of day Milgram was no Sigmund Freud (meaning Milgram did not conceive a way to interpret all psychological behavior and Milgram does not have a school of thought totally dedicated to his form of thought), what Milgram did do -rather than probe the interior of the human psyche--was to try to expose the external social forces that, though subtle, have surprisingly powerful effects on our behavior.

Milgram's experiment was rather simple and yet nonetheless efficient, he simply took an average group of Americans and put them in a room with an "electric buzzer" and another old man with electrodes attached to his temples, it was played off as a test on learning, however it was a test on conformity. The subjects believed that for each wrong answer, the learner was receiving actual shocks. In reality, there were no shocks. After the confederate was separated from the subject, the confederate set up a tape recorder integrated with the electro-shock generator, which played pre-recorded sounds for each shock level. After a number of voltage level increases, the actor started to bang on the wall that separated him from the subject.

At the maximum level of shocks the subject was greeted only with silence, one could only assume that this meant that they had willingly killed another person of the human species solely based on very primitive verbal directions: 1.Please continue.  2. The experiment requires that you continue. 3. It is absolutely essential that you continue. 4. You have no other choice, you must go on.  65% of people did  go on, and  when paired up with conformity (i.e. everyone else is doing it as well) only three people refused to participate in the experiment.

One does not have to be a rocket scientist to make this comparison with the Survival of the Fittest Act. Students where placed in this Act with just the verbal cheering of the mysterious figure known as Danya and yet nobody bothered to question him. Is Survival of the Fittest not one of the most elaborate and controversial social experiments ever? Is it not the 21st century version of Milgram's experiment? All my deductive reasoning goes towards a yes. However (and this where my logic goes into the area of pure speculation) I doubt this is true, for one who does this goes against all the morals of true psychological research (i.e. consent), for even people participating in a Double Blind procedure must have consent. So, this is where my support in a SOTF psychological experiment immediately cease to exist.

However one should note that people do not question SOTF as much as they should, rational thought seems irrelevant to them when it was taught to us in school, when it had been supported since the days of Francis Bacon (of course I am talking about the way Bacon supported logic and deductive reasoning which in turn supports rational thought) and I a boy supporting scientific study and supporting that psychology is in fact a science will record my experiences in the ACT whenever humanly possible in the hope that future participants (if I am not rescued, which as the minutes go by I find myself doubting the possibility even more), I hope that this account will be made available to the masses as either an initial source for publicity or as a diary in the vein of Ann Frank (of course if I become required reading for seventh graders my life's goal might as well have been achieved).

The blue eyes of  Brandon Cuthbert, B48 stared intently upon the forest clearing and those who had occupied it, namely the ones whom he could remember their names (i.e. he had seen them before). He had been watching these people since the morning, silently and intently and it was these people that occupied the third section of his book, this section was entitled Finding a Group. Brandon himself made note in this section that group dynamics played a major role in the group and that in order to get into a group successfully you had to be able to offer the group something, whether that something was as practical as physical strength or as abstract as friendship and romantic interest, a need to be there was important.

The next important thing of course was a want to be there. To put it simply if you see no usefulness within your group then no matter if you voice your opinion of this lack of usefulness the group will fail. It is also of note that being a group and loving said group increases morale, did we not see several people motivate themselves to survive in the memory of their group? Yes, so the feeling of companionship and love no doubt increases your chance at survival (for you are not only fighting for the survival of yourself, but the survival of others).

This banter however only explores my reasoning on the importance of groups, however it is important for me to realize the qualities of the group that I have been watching, namely the group of An Linh Tuan, Sarah Dao, and Lance Adam's being how I am familiar with only the woman of the group I shall list the reasoning why joining with them will be beneficial.

An Linh: My opinion of An Linh is that she is no doubt a very good ally, succeeding in both combat prowess and mental thinking -at least from what I've seen from her fight with Michaels she possesses good strategy- her skills would no doubt compliment my own. She is also (if I may forsake professionalism for a brief moment) extremely pretty and being an actress she must be outgoing, a trait that will help me much in attaining a strong versatile group well suited for survival. Her treatment of Michaels (without talking to him) showed that she is self righteous, of course attacking Michaels already gave us an enemy with a shotgun (and an enemy who had already killed) made her a little bit of a dangerous ally, however her alignment with Sarah Dao no doubt brought up wondrous counter to her only draw backs.

Sarah Dao: Sarah is a classmate of mine and one whom I of course have experienced and observed closer that most people on the island. This is of course not to say that I "like" Sarah in that way, but it is no doubt that she is the kind of girl that I like. Quiet and intelligent (usually the two go hand in hand) and of course her weaponry was amazing, the MAC-10. Yes, I'll be frank that I've studied fire arms before and that in retrospect the MAC-10 is NOT a reliable SMG. However an unreliable SMG is still an SMG and thus incredibly useful. Sarah has proven herself in the current events to be both trusting and smart (although not to the point of being sure of herself) and I will no doubt appreciate being a part of her group.

Lance Adams: Due to a lack of information I cannot come to any conclusions regarding Lance, except of course that is search for "Kasumi" could hinder the group, regardless if the rest of the group finds it to be satisfactory than I will go against my better judgment and assist him in this futile quest.

Making sure that all of his notes where taken Brandon closed the composition book and placed it in his duffel bag along with his rather humorous weapon (a rather large XBOX controller), he decided to attempt to gain the groups trust, he had been studying them long enough that he knew coming at them in a hostile manner was not the way to go, instead he had to remain calm and most likely play upon his age. Needless to say Brandon finally managed to walk out of the bushes at An Linh's question and he simply stared at the bigger people and a nervous smile came across his face.

"Ummm...hello. I'm a bit scared right now and I'd rather not be alone...you see I'm a little younger than most in this game...and you know...this game does not take into account both my size and physical ability...so I...well I know Sarah from English...and I went to the same school as you guys...ummm..." it was strange Brandon thought, strange that the coherent and rational thought that appeared in his brain seemed to almost disappear the instant it came to gaining allies.

He stared at the group and quivered a bit more, obviously the fear of death was hitting him like a ton of bricks. Or maybe it was the fear that the fear of death had hit him like a ton of bricks despite his rational reasoning that it could be avoided.

"I'd just like some help guys..."
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Lance blinked at the new boy's arrival, and was about to say something when the voice interrupted the four of them.

"Goooood morning, children!"

Lance hung his head. "Aw, fuck..."

He listened to the announcements intently, scanning them for mention of Kasumi's name. This time, the only thing that truly disturbed him was mention of Paris committing murder.

"Paris? Wow. Who knew the little wanker was so vicious?"

With the deaths over with, Lance could pay attention to the danger zones. He sighed when he found out that their zone was safe, at least for the moment.

"Well, that settles it. We all know we didn't kill anyone. I don't know how much it'll help, but I guess it's something."

Lance said this with a calm demeanor, but he realized he felt a great chill. The announcement should have dissuaded his fears, but they were instead intensified.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

((Continued from This is SO Not What I Had in Mind))

Matthew couldn't stand waiting for the girl to answer his question before.
All he wanted was a name, and what she was doing, but she never answered.

He then decided that he should dart out of the area as fast as he could, so he decided to run, thinking that she was staying silent because she was plotting his demise.

Run, run, run.
Pant, pant, pant.
Run, run, run.
Stop, take a breather, then...
Run, run, run some more.

He didn't know where he was EXACTLY, but he knew he was still in this labyrinth that people would call a forest.
"This totally kills any love for camping I may have had in the past," he says to himself.

He then decided that it wasn't safe to continue being in the forest. Regardless of whether he could sleep or not, he needed to spend some time trying to find a way to get the hell out of here.

He took out his map, and tried thinking about where to go.
"Let's see... the pagoda would have been a good place, but it's now a danger zone... I guess the hotel could work for now."

The idea of a nice warm bed is what the deciding factor was in all of this.
And, with that, he tried figuring out which way was which, and headed in the direction of the hospital.

((Continued in What Do You...?))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

In all my years as a scientist there is one thing I've learned, that too many people equal to many variables and really three is the magic number, especially when it comes to people. A group of three will work much more smoothly and have much better faith in each other than a group of perhaps ten, this proves true for research as well, example during my psychological research paper (because I'm in Dual Enrollment and taking classes at NYU online) we required to include a lab report of our own recreation of a famous psychological study (I chose Pavlov for simplicity state and the fact that I wouldn't have to deal with humans, which while it would be interesting, there is the issue of consent that gets in the way) my lab team consisted of teen teenagers and it failed miserably. I got an A on the paper, but a C on the Lab Report mostly because I am usually incredibly articulate and my teachers realized that.

The group of An Linh, Sarah Dao, Lance Adams, and myself would've been equipped for survival in a great way, with An Linh and Lance being the muscle, Sarah Dao being the person who intimidated others away (mostly due to the Ingram, she also could take the role as the killer...it might be interesting to see a group where killing was also used for survival, but I doubt the timid Sarah Dao would be up for killing...even if it aids the survival of herself and others, the tragic involvement of human conscious was crippling her usefulness, but regardless the Ingram made her a invaluable part of the team), and myself who would be the tactician of the group.

Could I imagine the use of this new person? No. However another tragic flaw of people is to assume that because of my age and physical appearance that I am just a hindrance and consequently that means that I am thus infinitely more useless than the person appearing right now.  Thus right now my attempts at becoming a valuable member of the group is useless, because they already have this preconceived notion of my alleged uselessness and thus no matter what I say would NOT believe that I am a genius, nor would they believe me unless I went into a heartless psychological analysis of their actions and even then that wouldn't be pleasing to me, because of it's potential to explode in my face (mostly due to the mechanical and malicious nature in which I would come off, although perhaps I could convince An Linh that she does have a striking fear of being weak in general and that is why she participates in martial arts and that in fact is used as a defense mechanism –along with her social recluse nature- to her own weaknesses), but regardless the probability of them accepting me are minimal and thus I should escape and try to find another group.

Anyone who was eying Brandon Cuthbert could see when he was thinking, he made it insanely obvious he simply closed his eyes and simply would mumble phrases incoherently, however when he opened his eyes it immediately became obvious that the timid twelve year old boy that appeared was gone and that Brandon was replaced with a more confident and self assured person, the blue eyes where no longer filled with fear, but where vibrant and ready, he also had an amused look on his face.

"While this meeting was entertaining, I have to admit that the potential use this group has for myself is minimal and that I should be going, I apologize if I appear to be offensive, mostly because that is my intention. Not that it is my intention to offend, but that it's my intention to be myself and many people find it offensive. Anyways, I must be going."

((Continued in Where Rationale Means Little and Life Means a Lot))
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'

Return to “The Forest”