The Afterlife

...a satire of sorts...

This board contains out-of-character discussion from and about the V1 era, as well as the non-canon V1 RPs.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((haha, some of this post made me laugh so much. FYI, it's OK for you to call Elise English, just not me ^_^ And no, soda I guess is just... fizzy drinks...))

Raising her eyebrows slightly, she stared as Toby began to talk once again. Yeah, actually, I'm not British at all, but Jamacian, cause our accents are so similar... she found herself thinking, before catching herself just in time to hear Toby explain his own accent (which meant nothing to her; all American accents sounded exactly the same to her.)

Great. Now that he realised she was English, the questions would start rolling in... 'do you know the Queen?' 'Do you go around eating fish and chips and drinking tea all day?' 'do you all work in mines and sing songs like in Olliver?'...

"Have you ever drank? What's it like?"

Well, that caught her completely off guard. While he continued with the rest of his question, Elise smiled amusedly. Of all the questions he could of asked... maybe it was just hitting him what he had not yet done. What he would never have the chance to do, perhaps. What had she missed out on doing? Nothing that she would miss, that was for sure. She'd never be able to break the law, she'd never be able to get a degree in University, she'd never be able to have sex (but then Elise didn't really care about the latter in the slightest...)

"I've never drank before," she answered. "Drunk people tend to end up.... vulgar. They go around and screw each other and throw up everywhere... and it's not nice." ((there you go, a taste of British lifestyle :P))

Ah ha. Here comes the England questions. Elise smiled good naturedly.

"Well, what do you want to know? What do you think Britiain is like?.... was like, I mean. What it was like while I was still there... And I'll verify or repute any thoughts you may have," she said, smiling at him. She took another sip of her drink.

Maybe death's not to bad after all.

((sucky post, but man... it's 1:30am here, and I'm exhausted...))
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
asano*

Post by asano* »

[...1:30...gyah...8:30 PM here ;P]

Toby grinned. "I assumed you'd say something like that. I love this whole stereotype about 'brutal Americans.' What with football and all."
He leaned a bit closer to her. "To tell you the truth, you all make us Americans look like girly men. Rugby." He shuddered lightly. Rugby scared him.
No pads, slam anyone, fewer breaks. Holy hell, that would suck. "There's no Americans I know that could pull off Rugby."

Toby grinned. "Well, that's about what I've seen of drinking...still, I gotta admit, I'd like to try some at least once. I don't wanna get hammered or anything, just...y'know..." He made a motion with his hands equivalent to 'yeah...'
And continued to a new subject just like that.

"Well, anything, please. I'd be happy to hear anything. Remember, I've never been there. My level of knowledge of Britain is even below your average, ignorant tourist. I think." He chuckled warmly.
"Remember, we have all of eternity, for all we know. So take your time, I'm serious. And, if you want, I can tell you something about America when you're done." He smiled a bit.
My god, this is so normal, it's crazy. This isn't how death should be. Shouldn't death be...not happy? Fire, brimstone, burning, horns, torture, flames, darkness, burning, AIEE!....right? Not...small talk-y...what the fuck's going on? ...this is too pleasent to be DEATH. Aside from that game.

[short and sorta sucky, sorry...;.; I think I drained my description skills on the other ones :/]
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Classic Tobs avatar by Kermit.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Hawley once had drifted off into his own world of thoughts, still trying to grasp the idea that yes, he indeed, was dead and there was nothing he could do about it. He either swallowed, or coughed up enough blood to kill anyone his age and then some…

Though out of the corner of his eye, something caught his attention on one of the small TVs that where scattered about this place. Edward seemed most engrossed in it at the moment, he twisting his whole body where he sat on the edge of the pool table just to do so.

There on the screen was the location he had been at not that long before, the people who had became his allies and even his friends there clawing at the ground for some reason. He blinking in confusion at this, his eyes only drifted once to his own corpse before going back to the group at three on the ground.

And after a little while it became clear as too what they where doing digging the ground. “Their making a grave…” He muttered lightly namely to himself more than to the others that where about the general area they where in, that is also when he noticed the fact that thoughts where displayed almost like subtitles at the bottom of the screen.

‘Their burying me…’ He thought lightly, smirking as he dropped his head a little resting his face against the palm of his hand. ‘Even in death… even now… to do something like this, for someone like me. Someone they had only knew for a short time. The people I got to be friends with… hate to admit it…

But I’m pretty damn lucky.’
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((Man, rugby's awesome! Me and my brother used to play it all the time... and then he kinda broke his jaw a little bit. <_< *waits for Peri to torment her about this FOREVER MORE.*))

Elise's smile faded slightly as she cast her mind back to her 'mother country', thinking of ways to describe it. Well, let's see. It's fairly small, it always rains, there are a load of chavs, (Elise smirked inwardly at that one. She didn't even have the energy to explain what THEY were.) Pretty sucky place to live, really, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Her thoughts drifted back more locally. She thought about where she had lived, on the south west coast of England. Where all the farmers and surfers lived... it wasn't unusual to see sheep and cows wandering around. The beaches were nice on nice days, which occured twice in summer (if you were lucky.) And you could go for a nice walk on the pier with some fish and chips (really encouraging the cultural stereotype here...)

As she tried to express all these thoughts to Toby, she found herself feeling a little... what was the word? Homesick? No, it wasn't homesick... it was more a sad feeling at the fact that she wouldn't see those random sheep again. She wouldn't be able to go down to the beach only to find the sea was colder than a freezer. She wouldn't be able to eat fish and chips... well. I guess I could, she thought, taking a look at the bar. It's pretty swanky here, but I'm sure they'd knock me up some fish and chips should I want... but it won't be the same.

No, it wouldn't be the same...

God, Elise, get over it! You hated all this stuff when you were alive, and now you're pining for it once you're dead??

She glanced back up at Toby. Taking a deep breath, she began.

"Well... it's pretty much like any other country, I guess... we don't all sound like the Queen, as you can pretty much tell from my voice. Um... it's always either too hot and unbearable, or far too cold, and there's nothing to do, much." She paused. She really didn't know what else to say about England. The old Elise would have made some spiteful comment about how it was better than any other country, and generally acted very elitist... but the old Elise was dead. Literally.

"Your turn now, tell me about the US," she said, poking him in the shoulder playfully.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
asano*

Post by asano* »

Toby chuckled. "That's a bit of what I've heard...hot or cold, not much in between." A grin now.
He cocked his head to the side, thinking about his own home. He kept his thoughts away from his actual home town, though, for fear of another snowballing thought train of her and his old friends.
"I guess...well, I bet you've heard a lot about the US already, considering how ...how we're everywhere now." He scratched his head.

He thought quickly about Michigan. He had always hated the weather, but the people there more than made up for it. He cut the thought train off before that could turn bad for him, though, right when he realized how far his thoughts were going towards the people themselves.

Then, he thought about the West. Arizona...and California. Greatest states ever >< Anyway...
He'd been to San Diego a few times. Great place. He loved large cities.
"I guess there's something for almost everyone in the US. Huge cities, like San Diego...best place on Earth, I think...and small towns, like my old home in Michigan." He grinned a bit, but inwardly cringed. He felt his thoughts moving towards home once more, and cut them off with memories of camp, out in Diego.
"Places I like best are in the West. Arizona and California; hilariously good weather, if you like heat. Las Vegas is fun, too, but only if you can do half the stuff there. As in, you're over 21." He shrugged.
More things he'd never be able to do.
"If you've never heard of it, Vegas is a gambling heaven, along with ...other things."

He grinned at this not-so-subtle implication.

"What I love about the US is how simple it can all be. We all know the typical American diet: Beer, Football, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries...generally meat...some more beer, and more football...movies...chips and dip...you know." He laughed outloud.
Not quite HIS diet, but what many others thought the American Diet was, he thought. And he was startled by how close in many respects it was.

[please, tell me that's not what you thought the US diet is...XDD]
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Classic Tobs avatar by Kermit.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

All this talk of American foods (even in a joking manner) was making Elise slightly hungry. Were dead people supposed to get hungry??

She glanced over at the bar and wondered if they offered anything edible. She could really use a chocolate bar right now. Something nice, like a Dairy Milk. Whole nut, obviously. They probably didn't have any, seeing as this was mostly an American establishment (and their chocolate sucks... Elise thought begrudgingly.) It wasn't until after a while of thinking like this that she realised how much she'd changed since she'd... died. It wasn't a miraculous transformation, and perhaps she hadn't noticed it before as it was only small... but she'd definitely changed.

Before she'd always been uncomfortable and self conscious about eating anything in public. She'd always hated the fat jokes that came as a result, and she'd hated the paranoia she'd felt even when people weren't paying the slightest attention to her. But now... maybe dead people didn't care about that stuff.

Or maybe she'd finally found someone who was easy to talk to. Who made her feel more comfortable... no, that couldn't be right. Guys were trouble. Elise had held onto her firm belief she'd had for all these years- guys were all shallow bastards who are out solely to get laid. Assosciating yourself with them was like assisted suicide.

Then why isn't Toby making me want to hit him?

Maybe he's just... a nice guy.
A nice guy! Elise could feel herself getting incredulous with where her thoughts were taking her. Surely there was no such thing as a nice guy; her sixteen years of living had taught her that.

Well now you're dead. Things change. Roll with the punches.

Yeah. Maybe he was just a nice guy.

((ACK! Sorry about ze delay in posting. I've been busy. :( I leave you with a sucky post again to make use of...))
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

After his question went largely unnoticed, Garrett strode over to the moniter Edward was seated next to, captivated. He seemed to be watching a group of people finish a grave, and they were all standing around it.

"Sorry Ed, I lost your jacket."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Edward blinked glancing over to the other boy, blinking a little. Fishing his mind trying to remember when the other had came in, though he thought he had remembered hearing his voice sometime before. Though he had been caught up in what was happening on the TV, after having noticed it while talking with Blaine.

Resting his chin in the plam of his hand, smirking a bit. "Mah, That's fine. Took of it till the end at least... that's all that matters, you know?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

((*casts LIFE3 on the board >D*))

Having grown tried of watching the images on the screen, or listening to the words of those around him. Hawley slowly moved from where he had been standing, over toward a couch of sorts where only two others where sitting. Not wanting to bother the talking two, he sat toward the far end on the couch.

Lifting his arm, he placed it a top the arm of the couch resting his head down atop it. Sighing a bit, he allowed his attention to drift about the area, taking in all he hadn’t noticed about this place before. It was rather odd, he had been so tried back on the island that he had fought just to sit up and not fall asleep a number of times.

But now, along with the wounds – everything just seemed, okay… he wasn’t tried, he didn’t feel sick… though he was still stuck in this bar thing, what a wonderful afterlife for the good and bad it seemed.
MismatchedEyes*

Post by MismatchedEyes* »

It had been so painful.One of the worst things he could possibly concieve,his throat blown out by the collar and then those few moments as the blood from his body funneled itself out all over the floor beneath him.Such memories you think would have him in tears but he walked through the doors with a small nervous smile on his mousey features.A Book in his left hand while his right tended to keeping his glasses in the centre of his face.Fingertip pushing them back oncemore into place.

A few steps were taken and as they always had the other students caused him to be nervous.Those glasses still being fumbled with he made his way further into the room.

The sound of balls being broken and drinks being poured tingled from ear to ear of the young boy.

He should have been in tears or at least holding his throat but the memory of his own death wasnt important in the least it was like the memory of the time you stubbed youre toe or scraped youre knee.It happened but you live on...well obviously not but shh.

( Gimme a break people Im rusty! and Im back )
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Peri avatar by Kermit.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Elise leaned back in her chair, smiling slightly, watching Hawley sitting down on the end of the couch closest to her. She watched him keenly, her head tilted slightly to the side.

Taking a small sip of her drink, she nodded at Toby slightly.

"I'll be back in a minute, OK?" she said and slid across the sofa slightly to where Hawley was sat. True, he didn't particularly look as if he wanted company, but inspired by the kindness that Toby had shown her when in a similar position and how much better she now felt for it, she felt it was almost her duty to talk to Hawley. Besides, she did have to thank him for trying to help her when... when they were alive. No one should have to be alone now!

She poked him slightly on his shoulder, smiling brightly. "Penny for your thoughts?"

((and if Elise really IS me, she would be dying of goodness knows what right know, yo?))
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Hawley had been engrossed in looking at his glasses, having removed them to give them a quick cleaning. Only to find that they weren’t in the condition, that being cracked, and scathed all about the lens… Blinking lightly, two-toned eyes blinked before replacing them on his face.

He found himself blinking again as he felt something poke against his shoulder, he glancing off to his side where a girl sat. His mind already racing with way she looked so familiar… Hawley hadn’t had any classes with her at school, he wasn’t even sure if she went to Barry Coleson… but sitting there, thinking that’s when it hit him almost like a ton of bricks.

She had been the girl they had met at the hospital when they had been searching for Adam, gunshots in her legs… he had been meaning to try and fix her up. But when the gunfight began… he’s thoughts had been brought onto other things, and he had all forgot her… someone whose name he didn’t even know.

And here he was… looking at her, she no doubt dead now. A slight string in the back of his mind, making him wonder if they had remembered her inability to walk and had brought them with us… she might not be dead. Shaking off thoughts, Hawley pressed a small smile to his lips. “Not much a penny can do for either for us here, huh?” He muttered, attention drifting.

“I was just thinking… about… my friends is all. But, it’s nothing. I um, don’t think we properly introduced ourselves when we first meet back at the hospital,” He said, holding a hand out. “Hawley Faust.”
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Still smiling brightly, she took his hand and shook it. A little formal, but hey, better than nothing, right?

"I'm Elise... I can't really remember if I managed to tell you that or not," she said, "before we got... well, you know."

Her mind raced back to that moment, however long ago it was now (Elise couldn't even pinpoint how long she had been dead; it had felt like this was how she had always been). Hawley's friends re-appeared in her memory- the two girls and the boy. The boy had been perhaps a little hostile towards her, but he had seemed like a solid guy. They all seemed pretty solid, the type who would see the game until the end. In fact, it still shocked her a little that Hawley was here sitting next to her, instead of running around on the island still.

She looked at Hawley, wondering whether to ask what was on her mind- perhaps it was insensitive or rude- but she decided to ask anyway.

"So how did you d-" Her question was interrupted by the sounds of gunshots cracking loudly. She instantly turned to look at the TV screen; who was it who would soon be joining them? Peri?

But as she looked closer, it was him, the boy, the 'hostile' one, now lying dead on the floor in a puddle of blood. Elise's heart sank as she realised what this would mean for Hawley.

Talk about good timing...

She glanced at Hawley, hoping that he had perhaps not been watching the screen like she had been.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

The peaceful silence of the afterlife was broken rather harshly by the outraged scream and the upturning of a table and a Pepsi. The table was upturned shortly after the Pepsi, giving Arturo Villamor, the recipient of the Pepsi in the lap, enough time to get out of the way. The enraged scream and the upturned table came courtesy of one Andrew Lipson, who had been watching his live friend Adam Dodd wander around the island, silently hoping that it would be him to make it off alive. He'd been watching for awhile now, but since Adam hadn't really done much as of late, he'd been flipping to other people. The outrage that Andrew felt was not so much at the people he saw, but what he saw being perpetrated. As the happenings went on in the River, Andrew leapt to his feet, upturning both the Pepsi and the table, screaming and pointing at the screen.

"Oh, WHAT THE FUCK!? That's NOT RIGHT! GOD DAMNIT! SOMEONE NEEDS TO FUCKING STOP THAT, MAN! What the FUCK, GUY!"

Of course, the person he was pointing at was Cody Jensen. The now dripping Arturo Villamor just looked at Andrew and sighed. His thoughts went out to the poor girl, for he knew one thing above all else. The occupants of the bar were helpless to stop it.

What can we do? We're dead...
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Having been immersed in a contemplative daze, Nanami jumped suddenly at the sound of Andrew's voice pelting out in all directions throughout the bar, as well as the sound of a table upturning and the hiss of a carbonated drink spilling over. Bewildered, wondering what the sudden outburst was all about, she directed her attention to where Andrew was looking...

Her eyes widened as she took in the image upon the screen: a young man was fixating himself intently upon the poor girl he currently on top of, threatening her with a gun, the thoughts of his intentions making themselves known in the form of subtitles running across the screen.

Nanami couldn't believe it at first...but the realization came to her like a blow to the face, as she recognized immediately the young unfortunate as her friend, Madelaine.

The sound of a chair being knocked over as could be heard as Nanami made her way towards the TV screen like an indiscernable blur, staggering to a stop and dropping to her knees in front of the screen, taking in all that was happening.

"No way..." she gasped, hands pressed against her mouth. "This can't be.... What's he going to do with her? Why is he...? No, not Madelaine! Stop it! Someone stop him! She can't do anything... No, LEAVE HER ALONE!" Her voice rose shrilly in anguish, filling the air around her as it reached its peak. "Madelaine!! NO! MADELAINE!!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “V1 AUs and Discussion”